The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, I'm just trying to find some good in the situation for you. :(

Are Stevenage still anti football, now Westley has gone to Preston?

Nah they arent as horrible I dont think, Freeman and Bostwick both really good players.

I know, obviously know quite a few fans of theirs too so itll just be painful to have to play them

The next two games decide whether we play at Old Trafford (75,000 avg) or The Lamex Arena (3,500 avg) next year :D

I just can't see Stevenage in the Championship. Sheff United I reckon will be feeling sorry for themselves that they've missed out on automatic promotion to their rivals, so can't see them winning. MK Dons maybe, but I just think Huddersfield have more quality, and can see them doing it.

Ideally Stevenage and Franchise FC to go up so we don't have to play them next season whilst Huddersfield and Sheffield United go up so it's a weaker league next year :D

That said Mk Dons would be a local(ish) game. Whilst Huddersfield will sell Rhodes if they don't go up and Sheff United wont have Ched Evans or be competing with their local rivals to get as many pts as possible. So Stevenage to go up please :thup:

I just can't see Stevenage in the Championship. Sheff United I reckon will be feeling sorry for themselves that they've missed out on automatic promotion to their rivals, so can't see them winning. MK Dons maybe, but I just think Huddersfield have more quality, and can see them doing it.

Huddersfield are play-off chokers though. Besides I don't think they're THAT good just have a ridiculous striker.

Has MLG gone yet? Safe to enter?

I don't think United will be joining us, they've just not looked right without Ched Evans. Over the season they've clearly been better than the likes of udders and Franchise, but if I had to bet one one to go up, I'd guess MK.

Has MLG gone yet? Safe to enter?

I don't think United will be joining us, they've just not looked right without Ched Evans. Over the season they've clearly been better than the likes of udders and Franchise, but if I had to bet one one to go up, I'd guess MK.

He'll come back if you mention Michail Antonio, so make sure you don't.

Oops.

Lovely. As you've potentially foiled that plan, can we have Player X plz? You won't be needing him or anything.

Sure, I'll tell Nicky Hammond to sanction a loan/transfer immediately.

To be honest, apart from popping up with the odd goal, he hasn't done much for us, just doesn't seem to be able to keep a ball under control. Weird, because he's excelled on loan to League 1 clubs three times. Hopefully regular football in the Championship will improve him and we can fleece you for a good fee.

True, I'm just trying to find some good in the situation for you. :(

Are Stevenage still anti football, now Westley has gone to Preston?

people make me laugh. anti-football. they've had two consecutive promotions and could make that 3. i wouldnt mind playing some of this 'anti-football'

snobs

people make me laugh. anti-football. they've had two consecutive promotions and could make that 3. i wouldnt mind playing some of this 'anti-football'

snobs

I'm sure Westley would be willing to leave Preston for the chance to manage in the Championship, get onto your club to give him a call.

snobs

people forget that football is not just attacking it's tactical

well done stevenage , be nice for them to win the play-offs and rustle some feathers from the likes of sheffield utd, and huddersfield

snobs

I follow Torquay and I have to say they bossed us in the playoff final last year. They are the kind of team that you'd hate to play in any knockout tournament as they are very decent.

snobs

Agree with this, "anti-football" such a nonsense. Stevenage fans loved Westley when he was there, and why wouldnt they?!

Sure, I'll tell Nicky Hammond to sanction a loan/transfer immediately.

To be honest, apart from popping up with the odd goal, he hasn't done much for us, just doesn't seem to be able to keep a ball under control. Weird, because he's excelled on loan to League 1 clubs three times. Hopefully regular football in the Championship will improve him and we can fleece you for a good fee.

I'm happy to take that risk. He's been a much more consistent Jermaine Johnson. And he's only 22.

Plus I love him.

So, the opening odds are out to win the league next year, obviously doesn't currently include those in the playoffs, or those not yet relegated.

Leicester 8/1

Leeds 10/1

Wolves 10/1

Brighton 12/1

Charlton 16/1

Sheff Wed 16/1

M'Boro 18/1

Burnley 20/1

Ipswich 25/1

Hull 25/1

Forest 25/1

Derby 33/1

Watford 40/1

Bristol City 66/1

Palace 66/1

Milwall 66/1

P'boro 100/1

Barnsley 200/1

Can only assume the recent success of Southampton has made the bookies put Charlton/Sheff Wed shorter odds than teams like us and Boro.

Plus the fact that Billy Davies is going to be your manager next year will only lengthen the price of you going up :p

Most of the talk is now about Brown coming back -.-

All this, before Nick's future's even been decided!

Weve been playing a bit like that all season bar Reading home perhaps, not sure why all the other clubs fans are suprised :D!

Now some ridiculous rumours on the messageboards about the Malaysians, debt and that we;ll be re-branded next season and will be playing in red :D

I'm not too sure either we just went on good unbeaten streaks, Whittingham had played his 48th consecutive game today(full 90 in every one), from centre mid that's quite a demanding task, plus the CC Cup games!

Actually genuinely getting scared of these rumours, some reliable forum members have heard it, some big news possible soon :L

They are pretty stupid then, we'll be around foreshure. According the Sun (Yes I know), the City Council are considering offering a 7 figure loan to the club. I personally think they should offer that to the Trust to boost their bid. Not really fussed whether it's true or not.

The club will be around, either owned by Chanrai or him taking a huge hit on his Floating Charge and the Trust taking over.

Sorry to upset a nerve :D Just found it strange when I was posting the odds in the League 1 thread earlier that you guys hadn't been included.

Donny somehow had odds of 10/1 of winning the title :confused:

That was such a solid and professional display from West Ham, in both legs to be fair. I was expecting them to be doing that to teams week in week out all season, but they just ended up drawing far too many games this year.

I'm hoping for a Birmingham win on Wednesday, which would set up a cracking final. When is the final by the way?

Haha.. we're already building for next season with Izale McLeod. Bottom of League two, to the biggest club in League one. :cool:

I fear for Donny tbh, I don't think they'll be back in the Championship anytime soon. Infact I think the league will be quite easy to get out of. Especially for clubs like Huddersfield and MK Dons. 3 clubs coming down all with money problems and tbf all three could have points deductions during the season. It won't be as strong as it has been the last few years.

Yeah I think it's going to be a very open league with no clear favourites if Sheff United go up via the play-offs. With Huddersfield bound to sell Rhodes I suppose Mk Dons will be favourites for the league :D

Looking at the average attendances and even with our shockingly low total for this season we'd only be 2nd behind you next season if Sheff United go up.

edit - and yeah I really don't think Doncaster will be back in the championship anytime soon, if ever again.

Archived