The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Aw :(

I've not looked at the odds but I'd assume that due to our points difference we're the favourites with the bookies. Birmingham are the side I'm most worried about based on the two games I've seen against each of the three sides this year.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What BBC said really.

Goal music sucks and I would die inside if we started using it, however their's nothing worse as an away fan watching the home team mock you after they score so celebrating with them was awesome tbf.

Perfectly showed our don't care attitude we have had recently.

Good news, we seem to have got rid of the cringeworthy 'Just can't get enough' goal music, on the last game of the season.

Bad news, we've gone back to Tom Hark.

I suppose I'd rather have Tom Hark instead of that other tripe, but I'd rather we have no goal music.

We had to put up with the Brizzle fans singing it and taking the p*ss after they scored... I really hate cheesy goal music.

Furious about the news today.

As KC said, it appears to be about comments he made in an interview regarding transfers. The Allam's came out recently and said there'd be little money available this summer, and the club would mainly be looking at free transfers. NB has been saying publically recently that we need to be spending money, and that he has a wealth of targets in mind (rightly so, his main target is Vito, he isn't coming free).

Barmby's now been suspended, the club are refusing to comment, and the Allam's have been turned on. Rumours Adam Pearson has also become disillusioned with the transfer situation, and other rumours the Allam's are on their way out.

We don't need this crap, coming off of the back of a good set-up season. Barring an awful March, we'd have been in the playoffs, when several people pre-season predicted lower half of the table. We NEED continuity, we NEED to keep our star players, we NEED some backing. There's no doubt the Allam's have put a lot into the club, they saved it, but if they believe they can go through 2 transfer windows without "buying" anyone, and still be in a position to push on next year...they're mistaken. They have a great business mind, they've proved that at Marine, but they seem to be lacking the Football ideals.

Can see both Barmby and Pearson going in the next few weeks. Losing AP...again, will be the biggest loss.

Can't believe what's going on at Hull, I thought it was a wind up, untill I heard it on the radio.

Apparently Brighton and Ipswich are after Dean Marney.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7719339/Duo-eye-Marney-move

while Brighton chief Gus Poyet is thought to be an admirer of the playmaker.

Okay then...:confused:

Marney is a decent player on his day, breaks up the play, does alot of work and adds energy to our midfield, but I certainly wouldn't describe him as a playmaker.

I wish we did have a playmaker in our team this season.

Sammy Clingan will be available on a free transfer this summer if teams want a deep-lying playmaker type. He's good so long as he has other good players around him and has no sort of responsibility, but been woeful as our Captain this season and I wont be sad to see him go.

Barmby leaving has been on the cards for weeks. A North east Beeb reporter interviewed him after the Boro game and he let it slip then. Said 'whomever the new manager is next season....' then kinda stopped realisng his comment and re did the answer.

I beg to differ.

FM11 - Forest Team Guide

FM12 - Championship Team Guide - Haven't updated it, but considering no threads from the first patch usually get updated, it's still good.

FMCU HQ Thread - Again, not been updated for ages, but that's because too many of the same users create too many threads in a short space of time.

FM12 - Erik Grendel Player Thread

FM12 - Steven Beattie Player Thread

FM12 - Joseph Akpala Player Thread

As you can see, alot of information. Probably quite sad that I go into that much detail but they're still good threads. I also had a helping hand in the Forest Team Guide for FM12 with most of the player information coming from me.

So, therefore mine will be great :thup:.

i have bagsys on the new thread seeing how powlay unfairly co-opted his mod friends to torpedo the thread i made for this season :mad:
No I'd made the thread it had been posted in and you wanted to suck on gmans Wang so created another one, rank was pulled and you sucked him off for no reason
Yeah, but yours will be rubbish. Mine will be good.
Who cares? This is the thread till fixtures come out

Few bits coming out of the interview with the Allam's (not managed to find the interview online yet, quotes from others)

- Allam's put Sharp's name to NB & AP several times, would have sanctioned a £3mill deal, NB & AP decided it wasn't value for money, and he'd disrupt the harmony.

- Allam's willing to pay a striker £40k a week, couldn't believe they didn't take it.

- Had 3 bids turned down for unspecified players last week.

- Adamant star players will not be sold (Assume in response to the Koren rumour yesterday as well as Stewart, Chester, Hobbs and Fryatt)

- Club isn't for sale, and the Allam's aren't looking to buy Hull KR

- 10-15% increase on Season Ticket prices.

Apparently the 40k a week was to bring a Premier League striker in on loan for the rest of the season.

Still a bit pointless coming out with it now. Maybe I'm just a little cynical having had Peter Storrie give us 1001 reasons to renew our season tickets and then we do, and then the promises never happen.

Quite excited to see how McInnes spends the money this summer...especially with Jamo off the books. Bit surprised to see Carey offered a new deal, even though he is a legend. Hopefully it's for virtually 0 money

Alex Bruce, Lloyd Sam, Mikael Forsell, Danny Webber and Maik Taylor have been released, Snoddy, Thompson, Lees, McCormack, White + Brown offered new deals (Brown a reduced 1 year contract) and Adam Clayton, Ramon Nunez, Billy Paynter, Paul Connolly, Andy O'Brien and Paul Rachubka have been transfer listed.

No idea why Clayton has been transfer listed. Was excellent first half of the season. Lost his way a bit but pretty much our whole team did. Not really sure about Brown being offered a new deal either, but I can live with that.

The rest is pretty much spot on. Warnock's got a hell of a rebuilding job to do though.

So Craig Cathcart and Nouha Dicko at Blackpool have both had heart scares, after experiencing palpitations. Thing is at this point I have no idea if there was something genuinely wrong or whether because of the recent news with Muamba and Morosini, it could be a case of hypochondria and their concern over it started playing tricks on them (it can happen and it definitely would be worrying if these were legit cases, meaning 4 cases arising in 2 months). Either way glad they've both got the all-clear to train (although Cathcart will still be monitored).

Only the Sun, but apparently Everton are sniffing around Jay Rodriguez again.

Not sure where Everton would get the money from! :D

DAVID MOYES wants to land Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez in a deal that could cost Everton around £8million.

Rodriguez, 22, has one year left on his deal and is also attracting interest from Fulham and newly promoted Southampton.

But Toffees boss Moyes is keen to snap up the 21-goal hitman to play alongside Nikica Jelavic.

Everton will be reluctant to pay the Clarets’ asking price but the fee is being forced up by the rising interest in the youngster.

Saints had a £5.5m bid KO’d in January and Newcastle also made an enquiry for the England Under-21 striker.

Moyes could raise the money by selling Three Lions midfielder Jack Rodwell to Chelsea.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4291552/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-wants-to-sign-Burnley-striker-Jay-Rodriguez.html

Archived