Sports Interactive Community
Powlay

The npower championship thread 2011/12

A throw in and Lambert is marked by 3 men...well I found it funny anyway :lol:

Have to agree Pukey, Leeds probably SHOULD be ahead.

Is the ref a Soton fan by any chance? :O

i didnt realise referee Darren Deadman was a Barnsley fan :/

Would love to make him a Deadman too tbh.. I think he's just poor all round. Ref today gave out 10 Yellow Cards, sent off Rhys Williams right at the end for no reason (it might of been deserved but it was right at the end), and he could of sent off Rocha for pulling Emnes' hair.

Bit of a meh game, Boro got ahead and stayed ahead I'm glad they scored because we did **** all before it. I'd rather see us go for it than just sit back for a draw. Anyway, I had written off the game and the teams around us collectively only picked up a point so good news. Come 17th March will be the beginning of our fight back. :thup:

Just back from the Portsmouth Middlesbrough match, finished 1-3. Tons of talking points from the match, but the main thing I've taken away from the game is a hatred for 'boro, and particularly Matthew Bates. Their fans chanted "Pompey's going bust"/"Just pay the taxman, or you're going down" on and off through the match, which is just an idiotic thing to do. Why anyone would hope another club goes bust, or take any joy from it is beyond me. Bates sarcastically waved "goodbye" with both hands towards the end of the match at the Pompey fans, which is just disgusting really.

Very unlucky to be going in 1-0 down. Only thing I'd change is have White on the left and Snodgrass on the right, Snodgrass far better at cutting inside. And the ref has been so awful so far :D

Just back from the Portsmouth Middlesbrough match, finished 1-3. Tons of talking points from the match, but the main thing I've taken away from the game is a hatred for 'boro, and particularly Matthew Bates. Their fans chanted "Pompey's going bust"/"Just pay the taxman, or you're going down" on and off through the match, which is just an idiotic thing to do. Why anyone would hope another club goes bust, or take any joy from it is beyond me. Bates sarcastically waved "goodbye" with both hands towards the end of the match at the Pompey fans, which is just disgusting really.

Someone did throw a coin at him tbf, in the heat of the moment I don't blame him.

Boro fans singing that was a bit stupid especially since they had the same problems once upon a time, you'd think they could sympathise but I guess they weren't going to games in the 80's.

Bates sarcastically waved "goodbye" with both hands towards the end of the match at the Pompey fans, which is just disgusting really.

Yep terrible, its not ike some idiot fan threw something at him which hit him in the head is it?

Why was a coin thrown at him?

Did he score today, and the Pompey fans didn't like it.. or was he provoking the crowd before the coin was thrown?

Yep terrible, its not ike some idiot fan threw something at him which hit him in the head is it?

Ah right, makes more sense (though still stupid), I was behind the other goal so couldn't see exactly what happened in the incident just before it.

he did score yes, but it happened at the end of the game when it seemed like handbags were going on. Pompy fans who were there may tell you more.

It was out of the blue, he hadnt provoked anyone.

Why was a coin thrown at him?

Did he score today, and the Pompey fans didn't like it.. or was he provoking the crowd before the coin was thrown?

I have no idea, he didn't do anything wrong. Just fans taking out their frustration by throwing a coin at the goal mouth and it hit Bates.

Ah right, makes more sense (though still stupid), I was behind the other goal so couldn't see exactly what happened in the incident just before it.

Its silly, no denying that. But its definatly the lesser of two evils. And after being hit by a coin you can understand why he did it.

Pathetic fans who throw things :thdn:

he did score yes, but it happened at the end of the game when it seemed like handbags were going on. Pompy fans who were there may tell you more.

It was out of the blue, he hadnt provoked anyone.

I have no idea' date=' he didn't do anything wrong. Just fans taking out their frustration by throwing a coin at the goal mouth and it hit Bates.[/quote']

Ah ok, I can understand the frustration for Pompey fans, but no need for coin throwing. But there is always one idiot amongst the fans.

I used to hate Cardiff at Ninnian Park, you were always guaranteed to get a coin thrown at either a player/ ref-linesman or the away fans at that place.

If that was FM, I'd have thrown my laptop out the window. ****ing super keeper bug ;)

That was awesome :D

Played so **** apart from the move to score the goal, after 10 minutes I thought we were going to get humped 4-0, which we quite well could of done. Davis definately ate his weetabix this morning. Got to say aswell though that some of Leeds' finishing/final balls were terrible.

I really hate Warnock. :D

His interview after the game, god why is he back in the Championship?

"If we was top we would have got a penalty, but when your down there like we are, you don't get those decisions. When your top of the League you get those decisions. If I was a Southampton player, I'd be buying a lottery ticket tonight."

I remember his interview the other week, where he said that the Leeds squad is not good enough for pomotion, and he needs to be able to bring in some more players, and he was just criticising his own squad again.

After the interviewer said that, was a really good performance, you must feel hard done.

"Nah, well it was a good performance, but that's just what I expect every week. We've just raised our game and outplayed the leaders, but I expect that in every game. Trust me some of these players will have never worked so hard as they are going to have to do under me."

If you play like that for the rest of your games do you think you can make it into the playoffs.

"no I don't"

What, not even if you play like that in all your remaining games?

"Nope, we need to strengthen a few areas, and I expect other teams in the playoffs to pick up their points."

After the game who was Warnock swearing at? Straight after he shook Nigel's hand, he turned to the dugout and said 'F**k off you wa*k*r' but the camera switched away.

Then when the Southampton players were in a huddle around Kelvin Davis, Warnock was staring at them and you could see him mutter 'p!ss off' while he was looking at the Southampton players.

Hahahahahahaha :D :D :D

Probably my favourite game of our season so far. Warnock's reaction just topped it off beautifully.

At least Bates knows what it's like to be robbed now. Davis you beauty! (Although...I'll just point out that his "wonder" save from Becchio was going wide...cheers for the awful finishing Leeds :) )

After the game who was Warnock swearing at? Straight after he shook Nigel's hand, he turned to the dugout and said 'F**k off you wa*k*r' but the camera switched away..
I thought he said "I don't know how you f**king won that"

Did he? I thought it sounded like "eff off you ker" ...

It could have been that, because he was smiling after he said it.

Me and my foul mind.

Yeah that's what I thought he said too. He's right which makes it so much funnier. :D

Utter turd from us today. That's back to back away games with big followings (3kish) in which we've looked uninterested and just not bothered turning up. Just don't get why we seem really motivated at home and look good yet so as we go away we are truly appalling. Ten away losses in a row now and we haven't managed anything on the road since a draw at Donny in October.

Our home form is brilliant atm and if it had started a few weeks earlier I think it would have been enough to keep us up but as it is I can't see us staying up without an away win and I just don't know where that is going to come from.

Also why on earth have a player who's yet to touch the ball yet take the bloody pen fgs?

Chainrai set to become Pompey owner again

What a way to protect your £17m investment. Let the cycle continue. He's standing in the way of us and a new owner, and why he thinks he has claim to £17m when the club isn't worth any of that is beyond me. He'll become owner, spend money then just top up the Loan.. :thdn:

This is why liquidation is a better option.

Chainrai set to become Pompey owner again

What a way to protect your £17m investment. Let the cycle continue. He's standing in the way of us and a new owner' date=' and why he thinks he has claim to £17m when the club isn't worth any of that is beyond me. He'll become owner, spend money then just top up the Loan.. :thdn:

This is why liquidation is a better option.[/quote']

Oh dear.

I'm really glad we've had somebody like Kilby as chairman for so long, he'd never do anything to risk our future. (even if it was frustrating in the Premier League) he will be missed when he steps down at the end of this season.

i wasn't able to keep in touch with forest yesterday and didn't even realise that useless prat was refereeing our match. worst ref in history!

it is infuriating that every fan across the championship knows he is total ***** and if he was a premiership ref he'd have been demoted by now.

i think you'd better get used to it - i can see most teams singing things along those lines to you for your remaining games. wouldn't be surprised to hear a few "we'll never play you again"s and "can we lend you £20" and "we're [x team], we pay all our bills"

We actually won 2 league games back-to-back. :eek: First time in over a calender year.

Also Kasper has saved 3 penalties in a row now. :thup:

didnt he give one of them away as well through his clownshoes antics of running into people?

Oh dear.

I'm really glad we've had somebody like Kilby as chairman for so long, he'd never do anything to risk our future. (even if it was frustrating in the Premier League) he will be missed when he steps down at the end of this season.

It's worse than Liquidation really, what ever money he puts in will top up the Floating charge he has over the club, making the club completely unbuyable. The only way he'll get enough money back is by making the club a Premiership side, with a new stadium. He doesn't have the cash to do any of that. He's lost his money, the sooner he accepts that the better and we can move on. Bloody human emotion getting in the way of progress :mad:

Who are Pompey fans most angry at? Al-Fahim?

Who are Pompey fans most angry at? Al-Fahim?

Me personally, it's about here and now I can't be bothered to even think about the past now, everyone is to blame. What's stopping the club from finding fresh ownership is Chanrai. His £17m is a hold on the club, we won't get any fresh breakaway from the past without someone paying him £17m. What we need is Chanrai to accept a reduction in his floating charge, a reduction which is a fair reflection of the assets of the club and it's potiental. If he takes a reduction now, we get new owners and he gets something. As we know he won't, we could be relegated, and without the PL money in the future we'll be worth nothing. He's going to lose even more.

Like I said the only way Chanrai gets his cash back is by selling a PL club which was valued back in the day at around £30m.

We actually won 2 league games back-to-back. :eek: First time in over a calender year.

Also Kasper has saved 3 penalties in a row now. :thup:

Not really surprising when you consider that was our 10th away loss on the spin :D

Don't forget he got someone sent off as well Powlay! Just a shame the boy can't finish.

Will be my first Pompey game for a little while on Tuesday, we'll lose but still will be good to support the club!

Terrible performance yesterday, but as football pundits say..."winning whilst playing poorly in games like this is often what wins Championships". Kelvin Davis was superb.

I think it meant a lot to the players at the final whistle. Celebrated like they won the league!

[video=youtube;tEjdIWNGXYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEjdIWNGXYI

I gave Ken Bates £40 yesterday. £36 for an away Championship ticket and £4 for a program! Bloody rip off and can see why Leeds fans don't like him. :D

I noticed most of your players went straight to Kelvin Davis at the final whistle as well, sums it up really :D

I ****in hate this useless offside rule, How Le Fondre wasn't 'active' when the first ball as played for Roberts for readings second goal is ridiculous. clearly gains an advantage from being offside :mad:

how does he gain an advantage? he came back to an onside position before scoring :/

he's got a 5 yard headstart on the centre back chasing back. the centre back let him go because he was offside. sure he came back onside thanks to the on rushing fullback 30 yards away out wide chasing roberts. but he still has the advantage over the centre back who played him offside in the first place