The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

the reason i hate the palace song is because it's associated with **** matches - blackpool in the playoffs namely

i'm not surprised leicester fans are singing it, they'll whore any trend going. that poznan is a bloody embarrassment.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best one is the wave. Southampton do it for Lallana (Plays on the left, every waves to the left etc), literally the funniest thing ever. We saw it, then the generic.. "What the ****ing hell was that" then.. "let's all do the gay wave".. cue the Fratton End waving and going woo hoo cooey.. Although irony was that you could probably do that to us, and pass it off as a navy slur.. Can't wait to go there and see them do it. :D

zero pubs

train in is an arseache.

you'd probably be better getting a train to lewes, drinking there and getting a train in from that side. unless you love queuing.

Sounds like a generic out of town stadium then. Infesting football and destroying it ftl.

We've got bus replacement half way through our Journey so I'm considering driving, but would rather go and have a drink seeing as I drive most games and don't get a chance to have a drink.

Sounds like a generic out of town stadium then. Infesting football and destroying it ftl.

We've got bus replacement half way through our Journey so I'm considering driving' date=' but would rather go and have a drink seeing as I drive most games and don't get a chance to have a drink.[/quote']

The stadium did seem to be in the middle of no where.

It's not a bad stadium though, nice new ground, weird slopping roof on the stand at the opposite end though.

The best one is the wave. Southampton do it for Lallana (Plays on the left' date=' every waves to the left etc), literally the funniest thing ever. We saw it, then the generic.. "What the ****ing hell was that" then.. "let's all do the gay wave".. cue the Fratton End waving and going woo hoo cooey.. Although irony was that you could probably do that to us, and pass it off as a navy slur.. Can't wait to go there and see them do it. :D[/quote']

That was Fbbbbb :cool:

The best one is the wave. Southampton do it for Lallana (Plays on the left' date=' every waves to the left etc), literally the funniest thing ever. We saw it, then the generic.. "What the ****ing hell was that" then.. "let's all do the gay wave".. cue the Fratton End waving and going woo hoo cooey.. Although irony was that you could probably do that to us, and pass it off as a navy slur.. Can't wait to go there and see them do it. [/quote']

Your critique please of this one...

[video=youtube;64bzmb_JRU4]

or this one...

[video=youtube;A8sECiy3_hk]

or even this one...

[video=youtube;JlD8Ako_nkU]

How do they compare to a bloke with a bell and 12,000 singing a few renditions of "Play up Pompey"?...

chantspompeyfanbell595.jpg

We've got bus replacement half way through our Journey so I'm considering driving' date=' but would rather go and have a drink seeing as I drive most games and don't get a chance to have a drink.[/quote']

if you drive everyone will tell you there is no parking near the ground. this is a lie. there's a big housing estate just down the road with a sign outside saying "NO FOOTBALL PARKING" but the council havent got round to actually putting parking restrictions on the streets. therefore - fair game

Yep. I was very impressed, tbh. Would never have guessed that you were sitting down there in the bottom half based on that performance. You defended brilliantly, fought for every ball and moved the ball well at times. I'll be very surprised if I see a better goal than your second at Turf Moor this season. We just never seemed to get started and then seemed to revert to some sort of 3-5-2 formation in the second half with Trippier and Easton as wing backs. Brian Easton is barely a full back, never mind a wing back. It was never likely to work.

I couldn't even be bothered to talk about that game, really bad. I had feelings of the Stan Ternent days (the bad days) when we would get mauled by a team/ bad defending/ and hardly be in the game.

Some people around us in the JH upper stand, went home in the first half.

One guy infront of us, said to his mates 'That's it I'm going home, I'm not watching this crap' after about half an hour, one of his mates said 'no your not, just wait for the 2nd half.' so he sat back down.

But then 5 minutes later, he got up and said 'I'm going home, I've had enough of this' and off he went.. mental. :D

A few others disappeared too, and never returned to their seat (so I assume these went home too)... alot did return, and had just decided to go for their half time beer 10/15 minutes early.

(The ones who went home, were probably fans, who have only been coming to watch Burnley, since we won promotion to the Premier League)

We actually went down at half time 5 minutes before half time, I never usually go down early, but the temptation of either sitting up there on my own for 5 minutes to watch that, while they went down for a beer, wasn't appealing.

And we were even worse in the 2nd half!

But fair play to Millwall, they fully, 110% deserved to win that, no questions about that.

Bossed the game, more desire to get to 2nd balls, more desire to get stuck in. Men against boys. If not for Mike Duff (who was a rock for us at times on Saturday) it could have been more.

We were sooo slow, just no tempo to us whatsoever. In the 2nd half we were even slower, almost a crawling speed.. wanting too long on the ball, not getting it forward or into the box soon enough. Times when a first time pass, would have had Millwall on the back foot, but we would take an extra touch or 2 before playing it, and Millwall would have gotten back and organised etc.

2 of the 3 goals were bad bad defedning, the first we shot ourselves in the foot, and the 3rd we seemed to be wide open at the back (not seen a replay of any of the goals yet, apart from their 2nd)

And I have to admit I was saying Grant should have done better for their 2nd goal, at the time it looked like he could have done better as it was bang in the centre of his goal once again. A couple of friends were clapping, and I was like 'Grant should stop that, if it's in either corner, or even to the side, then fair enough. But that was bang in the middle of his goal'

But having seen a replay of it on the goal of the week contenders, Grant could do very little about that, and I was harsh. It really was a stunning 1 in 100 goal.

I watched him has he lined up to hit it, as the ball was cleared out and moving through the air towards him, I said to a friend next to me 'he's going to hit this' and bang he did, straight into the middle of the goal.

We were one of the few to see the penalty (Turf Moor was near on empty after 90 minutes.. and had been emptying since the 75th ish minute) I wasn't going home early.. but I guess I would have been forgiven if I did.

When Rodriguez scored, the people around us still left, celebrated like we had just won the game with a stoppage time penalty.. followed by chants of 'we're gonna win 4-3, we're gonna win 4-3'

You can't beat a little humour after a performance like that.

I guess every team as a bad day at the office, and that was one appalling game. But not for the Millwall fans, who got to see a great away peformance from their side, in a game where there was only ever one side in it.

They sang 'One Kenny Jacket, there's only one Kenny Jacket' a few times throughout the game, and everytime Jackett turned towards the Millwall fans and applauded them.

Watford next, we have a reasonable poor record at Watford over they years. (we've won the odd ones, but on the whole, they always seem to beat us at Vicarage Road) Even during our promotion season, they spanked us 3-0 at Vicarage Road.

So it's going to be tough game to follow that performance, but with Mquoid in for Treacy.. I feel 100% more optmisitc about our chances already.

Not to alarm you but Jackett (or the scouts rather) is supposed to have been impressed with Mcquoid on the left and i heard he was considering recalling him, there's a story in a french paper about Hameur Bouazza moaning saying he could walk into our side with his eyes shut and has 'confirmed his divorce' with millwall. so unless that's a bad misquote it could well happen (which obviously, completely contradicts the 'mcquoid will never play for us again' rumour)

talking of Bouazza, he had a shot in the first half which i saw on lions player which bounced about a foot over the line. that's 2 blatant goals we've had not given this season, they better not bloody cost us

Pompey v Leeds United Saturday February 25th

Stadium report from Rocky Stone

Re Saturday we had a really good event with no major issues. The actual attendance was 17,571with 2,803 away supporters.

We had three medical incidents the first at 1435 where a 64 year old gentleman was taken ill and is condition was quite serious and he was taken away by ambulance to QA. I will make contact with N.O.K today to get an update re his condition. The other two were minor injuries treated on site.

We had a fight in the away end between two Leeds fans resulting in one being ejected and then another ejection a few minutes later for drunkenness.

Two Leeds supporters attempted to enter on tickets already used and these were spotted immediately and refused entry.

Stadium report from Pompey about Saturdays game. Leeds fans fighting themselves... :D

Stadium report from Pompey about Saturdays game. Leeds fans fighting themselves... :D

That actually happen on the row right behind me. It was like mid way through the first half, when one of them start to make an arse of himself and pushing a few people around (he was probably the drunk one). And one of the guy who got pushed decided to shove him back, then it descent into a handbag match between a few of them. At the end the first guy and another guy got taken away, along with two or three others as witnesses.

According to talksport, Robbie Fowler is training with Blackpool.

I thought he was playing in India.

Edit: just google'd it, and found a story.

" Fowler set for dramatic return with promotion-chasing Blackpool "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2108720/Robbie-Fowler-set-dramatic-return-promotion-chasing-Blackpool.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

i wonder if i'd get money back off my season ticket, or if they'd organise a match in lieu. i reckon forest would offer money off next years' season tickets as some kind of coup to make us watch cotterill's team for another year

Administrator Trevor Birch just said in a live interview on Talksport he has a "couple of weeks to find a buyer" or they'll be liquidated. Gold and Sullivan had better make their loan offer to bring Hayden Mullins back to Upton Park quickly.

In any case, the amount of money they require is huge, they still have debts of close to £50m and huge running costs with players tied down to contracts. I think West Ham would be better off trying to forget the possibility of losing 6 points and try and get promoted anyway. Loaning a player for a huge loan fee isn't realistic in this situation.

AFC Portsmouth is the best option for Portsmouth fans, time to start again fresh without any legacy issues of previous nightmare owners and debt hanging over them.

Would put us a MASSIVE 1 point closer to safety even if actually dropping us down a place in the table. Not that I want to see Pompey liquidated though.

That said as I said a few months ago starting again may really be their best option tbh.

\o/ I'll probably go watch Bournemouth till the end of the season if we fold. Then Plan B will be put in motion then the fun begins. I'm really not fussed either way. Putting a business out of existence doesn't rid me of my football club, it'll always be there.

Remember all this posturing is supposed to force peoples hands. Don't think for a second Sasha/Chanrai will get anything close to their money back if we are left to fold. They need the parachute payment to weed money out of the club. Good news for the rest of you though if we go out of business, as they'll share it between the clubs. That's why everyone in the EPL wasn't bothered about us going out of business in 2010.

If it did happen, who would become AFC Portsmouth rivals? Obviously Southampton still, but I mean a team they would regulary face in the lower leagues.

I'd say Havant & Waterlooville, but are they not fair high up the lower Leagues?

IF it did happen Pompey would enter into the non-leagues at a fairly high level, possibly even the Conference itself. They wouldn't enter at the same level that the likes of FC United and AFC Wimbledon did tbh.

Hmm seems Andy Thorn has come down with a Virus and wont be at the Leicester game on Saturday. Steve Harrison to take charge for the derby then :eek:

Tbh Steve Harrison is vastly experienced and I regularly see his former players praise him in the press who worked with him at Villa/Boro/England etc etc but he certainly doesn't seem to have lead to an upturn in fortunes since he joined as Colemans assistant manager in 2009 (as a replacement to the sacked Steve Kean :D). So yeah I don't see what goes on in training but based on what happens on the pitch I've not been entirely convinced.

Anyway rather bad timing tbh :(

Archived