The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Chaplow this morning on Twitter...

Richard chaplow ‏@Rchap04

Morning,a lot of RUMOURS flying around on my future,I am still a saints player and it's somewhere I want to stay 4 a long time! #saintsfc

Turns out Nixon was speaking rubbish, hate that guy! Burnley have also denied we are interested in Chaplow.

Apparently we are looking to bring in Brett Pitman as a replacement for Rodriguez when he goes.

Another player Howe worked with at Bournemouth, not sure I like the sound of it though.. Isn't he on pretty big wages for a Championship player at Brizzle?

I remember he was raved about before moving to Brizzle (I remember him rejecting a move to Blackpool, then in the Premier League over money. And a few other clubs being interest in him) But since joining Brizzle I can't ever remember seeing him in the top goal scorers chart in this League (unless I missed it) or ever hear much said about him on Championship review/preview shows etc.

What do Bristol City fans think of him?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing all sorts of bollocks on Twitter. Some say he's definitely buying Forest, some saying he's definitely buying Leeds :D

I just ignore most of the twitter rumours... Although, one of the guys who is pretty close on with the Forest stuff says that there is definitely some interest from the Kuwaitis.

Leeds will offer £500k for Lee Peltier apparently as we pursue Rosenior. We're also apparently holding out for £3M from Celtic for Mills, but they don't want to spend that much, so it's more likely he'll go there for the season on loan, with Celtic paying 100% wages.

Thens theres still the obvious Stewart, Koren, Chester, etc links but nothing more I don't think.

Leeds will offer £500k for Lee Peltier apparently as we pursue Rosenior. We're also apparently holding out for £3M from Celtic for Mills, but they don't want to spend that much, so it's more likely he'll go there for the season on loan, with Celtic paying 100% wages.

Thens theres still the obvious Stewart, Koren, Chester, etc links but nothing more I don't think.

Hands off them all :mad:

Seeing all sorts of bollocks on Twitter. Some say he's definitely buying Forest, some saying he's definitely buying Leeds :D

Aparently Forest in Arab language also sounds very much like Leeds so that is where the confusion may have come from!

Having obscenely rich buggers is not all its cracked up to be. You soon see your debt rising to insurmountable levels and realising it's just a matter of time before you go bust (again).

Depends if they turn it into equity and remain debt free or not. Are the Leicester owners racking up huge debts then?

It's not that he is a poor player in terms of ability, he just seems to have no positional sense and we conceded so many goals down our right-hand side last season when he was miles too far upfield.

I thought it might be a tactical thing at first, but when Pearson is your manager who is well known for defensive organisation and we try several different systems and he's always miles too far up the pitch it becomes clear it's the player, not the system.

there's confusion with this kuwaiti owner

as it was translated as "i'm in for a team not in the premier league but a team with rich history"

so it's either, forest, leeds or some team that dominated pre 1920's .... huddersfield

tbh "rich history" could mean several teams, Portsmouth, Derby, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United etc, all of them could be said to have a "rich history"

Either way, Leeds takeover will surely happen in the following days, if Arabs don't buy them, there's a bunch of Americans that want to buy the club. If that still doesn't happen, it's LUST, so it's 10% chance that Bates will hold the club anymore.

ipswich :D

well as i say, it depends on how you define history, obviously leeds and forest would be the stand out clubs history wise outside the premiership right now, but Ipswich have won the league ( and finished runners up twice ), won the FA cup, won the UEFA cup and of course its the club where Sir Alf Ramsey learnt his trade before taking england to the world cup, that seems a pretty decent history to me

But I don't think Ipswich would be bought by the Arab. Should be either Forest or Leeds. Or neither of them.

probably not, they already have a rich owner, i was just spitballing :D

well as i say, it depends on how you define history, obviously leeds and forest would be the stand out clubs history wise outside the premiership right now, but Ipswich have won the league ( and finished runners up twice ), won the FA cup, won the UEFA cup and of course its the club where Sir Alf Ramsey learnt his trade before taking england to the world cup, that seems a pretty decent history to me

Didn't they finish 4th or 5th in the Premier League about 11 years ago aswell?

They had just wont promotion to the Premier League that season aswell, needless to say they were relegated the following season. :D They qualified for the Uefa Cup aswell despite being relegated, due to their fair play record I think.

Keep looking at WACCOE for any information on our takeover, all sorts of stuff in there. Some seem to reckon it's a Chicago based consortium, some seem to think Adam Pearson is involved, others are convinced about the Kuwait thing...basically, nobody has any ****ing idea really :D

Keep looking at WACCOE for any information on our takeover, all sorts of stuff in there. Some seem to reckon it's a Chicago based consortium, some seem to think Adam Pearson is involved, others are convinced about the Kuwait thing...basically, nobody has any ****ing idea really :D

Not the dreaded Club9 Sports by any chance? Bunch of jokers that were supposedly wanting to take us over...and Rangers.

But basically no one thinks at Bates still holding the club after all this saga.

This is interesting, the kuwaiti guy at the centre of this, Fawad al Hasawi ( who definitly exists, seems to be minted and is currently the owner of some kuwaiti club ) has apparently said this in a recent ( sometime today ) interview:

I try to buy a club from lower division (not PL) and I want to take 52% from this club to put my control on it, but when we want to sign the contract they told me only 30% and I refused, but now I take over a team with 100% not even 52 and the team has a really good history

They asked him about Watford or QPR and he answered: "the team is way better .. A good history team"

now call me optimistic, but it sounds to me like the first club hes talking about is Leeds and the second club is Forest, of course, it could be a completly different team, but im getting more and more hopeful :D on the down side, it doesnt seem like anything concrete either way will be announced anytime soon :(

This is interesting, the kuwaiti guy at the centre of this, Fawad al Hasawi ( who definitly exists, seems to be minted and is currently the owner of some kuwaiti club ) has apparently said this in a recent ( sometime today ) interview:

They asked him about Watford or QPR and he answered: "the team is way better .. A good history team"

now call me optimistic, but it sounds to me like the first club hes talking about is Leeds and the second club is Forest, of course, it could be a completly different team, but im getting more and more hopeful :D on the down side, it doesnt seem like anything concrete either way will be announced anytime soon :(

It seems a lot more likely that it's you rather than us.

It seems a lot more likely that it's you rather than us.

There was also a quote in there saying he was initially buying 52% of a club, but when the paperwork was to be signed, only 30% was on offer. They were then offered 100% of a club....

Rumours on Twitter says that Leeds are discussing rather a major stadium sponsorship than a takeover.

So, really, no one has any more idea about anything than we did at the start of yesterday.

Archived