The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8th clean sheet out of the last 10 games for us (Hull City)

If only we could score more. Last league loss was Jan 2nd.

Our next three games are huge - Palace (a), Soton (h) and Leicester (a). We could do with > 4 points from those. After these three we only have Boro (h) and WHU (a) to play out of the teams in the top half. Never sure whether that is a good thing when it comes to games at the end of the season. Though with relegation looking like 3 from 6 there are quite a few teams probably looking forward to the summer break

true, he could hear the chants clearly last night you know. Love reading him report on things that the radio says and then be so supportive of it as though its his opinion. HE WAS OFFSIDE.

i know several people whoi went, plus several players ( both Derby and Forest ) commented on it after the match, make fun of me all you like if you think it helps you score points, Doughtys father was there last night, he shouldnt have to listen to a load of dickheads chant that **** about his son.

Ah but he surely hears them on his excellent unbiased radio commentary's?

What would the commentary have to do with it, i heard the chanting, every forest fan there and listening on the radio heard it, the players heard it, the manager heard it

Hear hear' date=' Saints luckily get out of all this as their fans don't make noise.. they just waaaave all at the same time \o\..../o/.....\o\...... ;)[/quote']

This is true, seeing as we are better than the average football fan we sit in silence contemplating the game with our superior football knowledge.

i know several people whoi went, plus several players ( both Derby and Forest ) commented on it after the match, make fun of me all you like if you think it helps you score points, Doughtys father was there last night, he shouldnt have to listen to a load of dickheads chant that **** about his son.

Who the hell am i trying to score points with numbnuts?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/latestnews/20120314/league-managers-vote-for-players-of-the-year_2293301_2658600

Thoughts on the top 10? Don't know alot about Burke but anyone else think the likes of Phillips, Nolan and especially Zaha have got in because of their reputation? Actually, thinking about it I think a case could be argued for Phillips and Nolan but Zaha...really?

Did they sing "Let him die' date=' let him die, let him die?"

[/quote']

i have to say, i was looking out for it because it was right in front of us and i didn't hear it. it was during this break that the derby fans started their abhorrent chants so it may well have been that was being booed, but i have absolutely no idea what the booing was about. it wasn't clear from being in the stand.

it may well have been about barker. i was right in the centre and was totally clueless to what was going on.

also - do any other clubs just let their mascots run around the sidelines during the game? it doesn't happen at forest. "rammy" hi-fiving every fan in sight after goal is madness.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/latestnews/20120314/league-managers-vote-for-players-of-the-year_2293301_2658600

Thoughts on the top 10? Don't know alot about Burke but anyone else think the likes of Phillips, Nolan and especially Zaha have got in because of their reputation? Actually, thinking about it I think a case could be argued for Phillips and Nolan but Zaha...really?

Haven't seen a better right winger than Burke so far this season to be fair.

Pretty sure K Phillips has scored quite a few goals whilst not having played that much as well so probably deserves it.

anyway, dcfc have offically apologised to forest and doughty's family for their fans behaviour, i think that is as much as could be expected, so fair play to them for not just brushing it under the carpet.

Burke is great, probably the best winger in the league (well, actually, Kebe is, clearly, but Burke is more consistent).

Amazing how the second best team in the league can have none of the best 10 players.

forest fans up in arms about chanting but happy for a whole stand to call a manager who was cleared of all charges a peaedophile :thup:

ps both are shocking

yeah i was overjoyed when this apparently happened. :rolleyes:

i wasnt there so i have no idea what happened, i think i was at university at the time and went to barely any matches that season

Crystal Palace are giving Southampton upto 5,817 tickets for the game at Selhurst Park on Easter Monday! :D

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2658576,00.html

Mass arm waving a plenty for that. \o\..../o/.....\o\ ;)

Is that all? We took 9000 to Selhurst in 2003, there was a stern letter from the Wimbledon supporters club iirc :cool:

No mass arm waving as we lost :(

Is that all? We took 9000 to Selhurst in 2003.

Read the link.

This number and location evokes memories of the famous 'Dellhurst Park' fixture at the tail end of the 1998-99 season where over 9' date='000 Saints fans flocked to Selhurst Park vs Wimbledon.[/quote']

Easier to take 9,000 to Selhurst Park when playing Wimbledon. Being given nearly 6,000 by Crystal Palace is a rare event for most clubs as they have to move a lot of season ticket holders and aren't completely out of the playoff picture themselves.

All this you're a bigger bunch of twats than us stuff is getting very boring. Ever club in the country has a minority section of fans who are utter scum so let's all just move on.

well i think coventry have a lovely set of fans

other nice fans - scunthorpe.

i don't mind palace or norwich fans either.

Read the link.

Easier to take 9,000 to Selhurst Park when playing Wimbledon. Being given nearly 6,000 by Crystal Palace is a rare event for most clubs as they have to move a lot of season ticket holders and aren't completely out of the playoff picture themselves.

I'm not going to read your link ffs :p

Yeah that wasn't even our biggest away following of that season.. Bradford away and we already had won the title by then. Seriously wish I was a bit older to take it in more. At 15, I was going along, not being able to drink and going on the coach.. I think another 30 years in the lower leagues, and I'll appreciate it a little more!

Lovely place to go Pre Season' date=' I'll be gutted if they go down, so many nice little grounds we used to do on preseason friendlies we now do as league games. Falling like a stone in the sky :cool:[/quote']

Yeovil won't go down, they're are like 10th :cool:

Edit: 13th, still doing quite well.

Rhys Williams on that list, clearly you lot under rated him :cool:

Archived