Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goon

LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

Looks like RvP will be home early to sort out his contract.

Don't speak too soon.

Very nice finish by RVP, needs to keep up stuff like that to rise his price tag. Hopefully Holland somehow progress through the group.

just read the Giroud thread. Sy not happy even when we do sign a first teamer who is also an international. Crazyiness.

I can understand the sceptisism that we havent officially announced it, but every signing from France could be the next Chamakh! Hazard could be the new Gervinho.

We are doing good business and we are doing it early.

Realistic.

I'm happy to see we are getting decent players in but I won't be getting excited until they are playing regularly and performing well. It's different if you sign Premiership players because they have already adapted and you know what's a good signing and what isn't. With Giroud and certainly Podolski it's totally unknown. I actually think Podolski will be a flop but I really hope I'm wrong.

It's not realism to me.

Refusal to get excited because they could be good or bad, like any other player on earth is not realism, that's just pointlessly creating negative thoughts. And then you say you believe Podolski shall be a flop, that is also pessimism to me.

Would you be excited if we were close to signing someone big like Benzema?

Or would you not be excited because there's no guarantee he'll be a success.

It's pessimism.

I would LOVE it if Wenger finally changed the formation but that seems like a bit of a dream.

Just hope if we get Giroud that Podolski isn't shoved out left for most of the season, the "podolski and Giroud up front with rvp being the bergkamp" sounds nice, Wengers not big on change though it seems.

You realise formations are just dated way of noting down the shape of a team. Many say Man U play with a 4-4-2 but as SAF says he has never played a 4-4-2. The formation is nothing. What we do currently is we try to control the ball by having a 3 man central midfield which fits all the different types of notation.

If van Persie signed a new contract, Sy would find some negative in it to dwell upon.

Don't be so daft. I want RvP to sign on more than any other player. He is vital.

Why are people still thinking that RvP can play the Bergkamp role? They are so different as footballers. RvP is a much better finisher, his best position and role is as the main centre forward. He doesnt have Bergkamps vision and passing ability to be able to be an effective playmaker for us.

Why are people still thinking that RvP can play the Bergkamp role? They are so different as footballers. RvP is a much better finisher, his best position and role is as the main centre forward. He doesnt have Bergkamps vision and passing ability to be able to be an effective playmaker for us.

"Is it because I is Dutch?"

It really is. It's what made people compare Diaby to Vieira.

Diaby was more about his physical build to be honest. The long gangly legs.

But nationality does come into it in the same way that players playing for the same club get compared. Man Utd will have many Ryan Giggs' over the next 20 years.

Man Utd will have many Ryan Giggs' over the next 20 years.

Hmm, so you're suggesting anyone with a brother playing for Man Utd over the next 20 years should keep an eye on the missus?

He does have excellent vision, not Bergkamp standard though, and the passing ability. However he doesn't have the movement for the role. Whenever we have played him there he just disappears normally. He is much better as a halfway house between Bergkamp and Henry

Worrying news about 'Arry, they might get someone better in - will be gutted if it is Moyes because then I will have to hate him :(

Realistic.

I'm happy to see we are getting decent players in but I won't be getting excited until they are playing regularly and performing well. It's different if you sign Premiership players because they have already adapted and you know what's a good signing and what isn't. With Giroud and certainly Podolski it's totally unknown. I actually think Podolski will be a flop but I really hope I'm wrong.

First of all, every signing is unknown.

Liverpool signed EPL stars, and they all flopped.

Chelsea signed Torres for 50m, and he flopped.

Man Utd signed Ashley Young, and he couldn't keep it going the whole season.

Look at the list of the best signings of this season. How many came from abroad? How many came from the English leagues?

Arsenal have a good track record of signing players from abroad. Especially when it comes to mid-range signings, which Giroud looks like he'll be.

Worrying news about 'Arry, they might get someone better in - will be gutted if it is Moyes because then I will have to hate him :(

Can't see it happening, this is excellent news. No more 'Arry, Tottenham back to midtable and with a new strikeforce ideally us on the up:

ouzc5hjpg.gif

goodbye Son

We'll probably find out how good moyes really is for those who wanted him here. Also rvp wasn't a cf until he joined arsenal and is a self proclaimed 9 1/² and our assist leader from last season!

I think that we'll definitely have more attacking options next season if we sign Giroud, and let's face it, having Podolski/Giroud coming off the bench is far more preferable to Chamakh or Park. Especially when you consider we'll have Wilshere back, Ramsey on the bench with Gervinho/Walcott/Ox coming off the bench as well. We didn't have enough game changers on the bench last year, so we basically tried to win without any backup. If we can add a LB and a DM to the squad I think we'll be in really good shape next year.

I'm far more worried about the right back than left. Gibbs/Santos and Vermaelen is fine but anything happens to Sagna and we are ****ed.

Mostly because he played out wide.

Not interested in him anyway, not because he isn't good, just because he has no knees.

Definitely suspect in that regard. Last thing we need is another permanently sidelined player.

Giroud and Bendtner definitely look a lot better than Chamakh and Park, at least on paper. I said at the beginning of last season that if I had to choose one, I'd pick Bendtner over Chamakh anyday.

I don't think Bendtner has a future with us though. The role we want him in, and the role he wants probably don't match. Hopefully he can put in another good performance in the EURO to jack up his price a bit.

Gutted at the prospect of Nicklas leaving, really like him.

Heard him linked with clubs like Borussia Dortmund which could be a good move for him, would love to see him become a top European striker there. However on one report I only saw a £2.5million fee mentioned (not sure if I was a bit off or if that's made up?), that needs to rise, a lot.

Why? His wages are huge. The only way to offload the unwanted is through knockdown fees. Arshavin is the only one I hold out hope of getting an okay fee for

Bendtner would fit in at Dortmund if Lewandowski leaves and would probably flourish in the Bundesliga, so 50 odd K is not inconceivable. Arshavin is 31 now so his transfer fee gets lower with every passing day!

How long has Nick got left on his contract?

Unless it's a year I don't see how a tiny fee of £2.5million is acceptable for someone as good as him. His 50k wages isn't enough to warrant a tiny fee on his head for me, he's hardly unpayable. I just hope he impresses more and gets his value up.

Unless it's a year I don't see how a tiny fee of £2.5million is acceptable for someone as good as him. His 50k wages isn't enough to warrant a tiny fee on his head for me, he's hardly unpayable. I just hope he impresses more and gets his value up.

You're hugely overrating him.

£2.5million for Bendtner would be a steal, the boy has 20 in 50 for Denmark and I reckon if he went to the Bundesliga he could be lethal. £2.5million is the sort of fee you see a decent championship player being bought for :D

I rate Bendtner, maybe a bit too much, he has talent though and I'd probably cry if he went for so little.

Still angry everytime I think of how Wenger shoved him out into right wing.

Hands up to you gooners, walcott/ox the best england players so far at euro 12, perhaps they should just concentrate on doing well for country rather than club ;)

So am I and it's one of the reasons he's so underrated, so many games where he couldn't show his true ability because he was tactically abused, just doesn't suit arsenal at all.

Needs to go to a club elsewhere that he can fit into and he will be good. Can't wait to see him banging them in ;)

On another topic well done to Theo, didn't think he could cut it in something like the Euro's due to his inconsistency but looked superb today, Ox could have had one as well if Gerrard wasn't so greedy.

About time Theo proved his critics wrong <3

I don't think Bendtner "doesn't suit" Arsenal. I think Bendtner is more than capable of playing for us, as a striker. He's got good enough technique to play for us, plus he brings aerial threat.

Problem is, he's not better than RvP, and I don't think he wants to play backup to anyone. It's a shame, because as far as backup strikers go, he's probably as good as we can hope for.

I don't think Walcott particularly proved his critics wrong. He's had good games for us before. Some better than today. Problem is, he doesn't have enough of those games.

Hands up to you gooners, walcott/ox the best england players so far at euro 12, perhaps they should just concentrate on doing well for country rather than club ;)

Let alone the small matter of Wilshire for wc 14, fair enough on that front.

It does in these financially stricter times. I'll take whatever we get to shift him off the wage bill along with quite a few others

If it's between Chamakh, Park, and Bendtner, I'd keep the Dane. No hesitation.

We're not going to keep any of them. We are most likely to keep the one we can't find a buyer for

Quick wrap up of rvp contract situation hopefully now the dutch have been knocked out.

New fixtures today, so new thread? I would have nominated dagoonerfan to do it, but he went all silly and created about 3 alias accounts.

btw, I think we'll keep park. I think AW will wnat to give him another season. Chamakh and Bends will both be off.

New fixtures today, so new thread? I would have nominated dagoonerfan to do it, but he went all silly and created about 3 alias accounts.

Is there gonna be a canny tag line for the new thread?

Quick wrap up of rvp contract situation hopefully now the dutch have been knocked out.
If he stays it will be a miracle.