LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gazidis is fine. Don't understand how him potentially being a City fan has any sort of effect on his ability to do his job?

Agree about the fan thing. But IIRC he was originally brought in to develop the commercial side of the club and we've yet to see much improvement there. To some extent his hands are tied by the long-term sponsorships we took to finance the stadium, but if he's doing his job well there should be some increase in the next few years.

Agree about the fan thing. But IIRC he was originally brought in to develop the commercial side of the club and we've yet to see much improvement there. To some extent his hands are tied by the long-term sponsorships we took to finance the stadium, but if he's doing his job well there should be some increase in the next few years.

I thought he was David Dein's replacement?

Has anyone got any news from the Q and A?

How much did we get for Cesc? 30M was it? We'll be lucky to get half of that for RVP.

Yeah but that's because there was no bidding war. He was only ever going to go to one club from us.

If RvP leaves I assume there will be a fair few clubs interested.

How much did we get for Cesc? 30M was it? We'll be lucky to get half of that for RVP.

We got £24m for Nasri who only had a year left on his contract.

And I believe we got £35m for Cesc.

So are we gonna stop paying our crappy fringe players 50k per week and start paying our top players more competitively?

That is what was said. Said it was Arsene's thing but they are changing it. The idea being few superstars.

He also basically said Cesc was a **** last summer; something which has been widely reported on. Though he didn't say it seems to be that is the cause of last summer's problems.

The club is hoping FFP will work which will make the sustainable policy of the club work. The commercial revenues have to grow for this to work though because the club currently just breaks even and profit only comes from property and transfers.

Club is following Fizman's directions by not allowing Usmanov onto the board nor have they spoken to him.

Also the club designs the kit

Hopefully this means Djourou is a gonner!

Not really. Firstly Wenger would have to want to sell him which is no given considering his loyalty to his players and that Djourou has shown lots of ability before. Next he is 4th choice cb we are going to struggle to improve on him. Also we have to find someone who would want to pay his wages of apparently around 50K.

I liked yossi as a player and he finished the season strongly, but I felt he restricted chamberlain a bit also by being favoured, also in an ideal world I would want a world class player instead of of more overpaid squaddies

I'm not getting one on the back of mine, had Henry, Fabregas, Nasri on previous shirts and they all left the season after.

Shaking in my boots now that I got Koscielny on the back of my away one last year. If he left I would have no motivation to live.

I really don't see how that was a clear goal scoring chance.

1/ the ball was heading away from goal and

2/ there were 2 defenders arriving before the attacker to clear.

Not a red for me.

Love him but he's a bit of a madman at times.

How many games banned is that then? Likely to miss the whole of the group stages? Would be horrible as Poland might not even progress and Woj will have wasted this tournament.

One game ban.

Even if it was, it was the right thing to do. Stopped a nearly certain goal in exchange for a penalty which there was a good chance they'd miss.

Pretty sure he didn't deliberately bring him down. If anything it looked to me like the Greek player looked for contact. Still a clear red though.

I really don't see how that was a clear goal scoring chance.

1/ the ball was heading away from goal and

2/ there were 2 defenders arriving before the attacker to clear.

Not a red for me.

You're serious?

Ok, I have often said I don't rate Szczesny and think Fabian was a better , and even though stats show Woj is one of the worst Prem keepers Arsneal fans tend to say it is the defenders fault etc.

But today again he showed that while he is capable of some great and unbelievable saves he just has big concentration problems. What he did for a first goal was exactly what Fabianski was being labelled useless and the second was a reapeat of last season Spurs craziness and this seasons Chelasea kung fu kick on Cashley.

So, do we need a new GK or not?

No chance, Woj is one of the best young keepers around. He just needs to learn and he can become great, all we need is an established No.2 who can compete with Woj. I rate Woj higher than Fabianski.

And anyway I feel sorry for him today, he is a very young goalkeeper at a major tournament with a nation watching over him, always going to be hard for him. He's been solid for us this season imo and I'm overlooking this.

No chance, Woj is one of the best young keepers around. He just needs to learn and he can become great, all we need is an established No.2 who can compete with Woj. I rate Woj higher than Fabianski.

And anyway I feel sorry for him today, he is a very young goalkeeper at a major tournament with a nation watching over him, always going to be hard for him. He's been solid for us this season imo and I'm overlooking this.

Certainly wouldn't go that far! He's the weakest keeper out of the top four challengers (although I haven't really seen enough of Krul to compare). What's concerning me slightly is that his mistakes seem to be becoming more frequent; you'd hope it would be going in the opposite direction as he picks up experience.

Re Fabianski, I'm afraid he's done at Arsenal. Even if he came into the team and did really well, the moment he made a mistake both the fans and the media would be straight on his back because of his reputation and he's shown he can't cope with that pressure. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Archived