Sports Interactive Community
goon

LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

What.The .... :D

I just saw that Modric thing and assumed ... :p went into a thing about back 4s!!

Oh YOUR back 4? Pah, even worse!

No Mertesacker and new left back, you can't want Santos/Gibb, surely?

our back four is fine. Gibbs and Santos are also fine. No problem with those two being here next season.

Agreed. Bale and VdV could both leave in the summer and I wouldn't bat an eyelid (assuming Levy does the goods financially), but if we lose Modric... :mad:

Modric is in the top 20 players in the world for me. Super player.

What.The .... :D

I just saw that Modric thing and assumed ... :p went into a thing about back 4s!!

Oh YOUR back 4? Pah, even worse!

No Mertesacker and new left back, you can't want Santos/Gibb, surely?

Razz, are you out on the Razz!!! As you have already found out I was on about Arsenal not Spurs....and also tommorrows team sheet for the match not the future aspirations of the squad.

Dear. :D

Szczezny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Gervinho, RvP

Strong team.

Razz, are you out on the Razz!!! As you have already found out I was on about Arsenal not Spurs....and also tommorrows team sheet for the match not the future aspirations of the squad.

Dear. :D

I probably had had a few drinks but I did think I was in the Spuds thread :p

I probably had had a few drinks but I did think I was in the Spuds thread :p
I know easy mistake :D

0-0 stil spuds and chelski, quite a good result for us I think.

Chelsea v Tottenham ended up exactly how we'd want it, 0-0 draw. A win today puts us +3 on Tottenham and +8 on Chelsea. HAVE to make this happen, considering how difficult our upcoming schedule is.

I just can't see Villa getting anything from today's game.

I was slightly optimistic until i found out Heskey was starting. You will thrash us today. :(

I have no idea, hopefully up front with Gabby on the wing. Heskey on the wing is just wrong. :D

Well hopefully we'll defeat you and send McLeish further on his way out of your club.

It's painful seeing him manage you so pathetically :D

Ryo with an assist for Bolton.

Playing really well so far, exciting to see him run at players and beat them in most cases

Ryo is ace.

Would love to see him starting for us next season but that's unlikely so I'd be happy to see him return to Bolton, doing excellent for you.

He just went past 3 or 4 players on the run with ease, but then blazed the ball over. Would have been a worldie.

I only saw some highlights of Bolton games and some 20 minutes of their Man City match, but I am beginning to think Ryo will be around Arsenal's first team next season already, way ahead of schedule surely.

The Polish commentators on Canal + said that they spoke to Szczesny after the Spurs game and - when asked about Walcott's goals - he told them that after Theo had been criticised for his poor behaviour in one on ones van Persie "ordered" a special extra training. Apparently Walcott, van Persie and the keepers have been staying after training practising one on ones and finishing only.

I wonder if that's true.

Guy on FOX soccer just said we are undefeated in 18 months when on a 3pm kick off, thats pretty cool

Cracker of a free kick there from Arteta :cool:

Why wasn't Kos in the XI?

Artetas goal was wow!

Should defo finish in the top 4, although with our history of bottling and Spurs recent freefall anything can happen

Kos was injured in the warm up. Djourou did well I thought. And Arteta's goal was fb

Other than the counter attacks from Villa in the first half, we played extremely well today, ref did well too getting some tight calls spot on

Missed watching the game as I was playing myself, but what pleasant scorelines today. Perfect - the 0-0 between Spurs and Chelsea meant a win for us would be wonderful. It's good, 8 points clear with 8 to play. Hope we can do it! (title charge please)

Didn't see the game today as I was travelling back from uni. How did Djourou/rest of the defence cope in the absence of Kos? Any news on how bad his injury is?

Apparently Andre Santos came on too. Cameo or enough to judge him on?

We looked very sharp, and creative upfront, you will see that from the Theo goal on MOTD toight, got caught at the back a few times in the first half on the counter attack after our centre backs went up for corners. But we dominated and deserved the win

Your defence coped fine. Commentator was annoying me when talking about Djourou, was making out like he was making a ton of mistakes when he didn't really put a foot wrong.

Andre Santos nearly gifted a goal for Villa in the second half with (iirc) his first touch. Don't recall anything else from him other than that.

Wengers has said that Koscielny suffered tendonitis in the knee, saying he could have slept funny or something but they wanted to test him in the warm up but to no avail. I think he will be ok for next saturday anyway.

Can't wait for match of the day now! :D Wanna see the Arteta goal.

I called for Wenger to be sacked/resign not to long ago and I completely hold my hands up. I will never question the man again tbh. I don't trust the board alright, but Wenger is back to being God as far as I'm concerned.

haha, a few wins and people change their mind :D At least Sy and Dj stick by their opinions.

I called for Wenger to be sacked/resign not to long ago and I completely hold my hands up. I will never question the man again tbh. I don't trust the board alright, but Wenger is back to being God as far as I'm concerned.

Why, because Arsenal have gone through a good patch to counter the awful start last August?

7 wins in a row is brilliant but let's not get carried away - AW is still accountable for everything that is wrong at AFc and despite a good run, we shouldn't be celebrating being above Spurs like we've won a trophy.

haha, a few wins and people change their mind :D At least Sy and Dj stick by their opinions.

And? I made my mind up when the players weren't motivated and weren't showing any ability bar a couple of exceptions but Wenger has got the players performing to the level they're capable of and possibly above in certain cases. He has proved me wrong, would you rather me want Wenger to be sacked despite winning games and possibly heading to a better finish than last season? The more I hear and read the more I feel the board are to blame for the transfer activity or lack there of.

Why, because Arsenal have gone through a good patch to counter the awful start last August?

7 wins in a row is brilliant but let's not get carried away - AW is still accountable for everything that is wrong at AFc and despite a good run, we shouldn't be celebrating being above Spurs like we've won a trophy.

Do you not feel that the board are to blame for 'everything that is wrong with AFC' assuming that means the lack of quality players being signed? Wenger has made his mistakes and plenty of them and if he isn't offering us an edge in the transfer market it could be argued that he isn't doing enough coaching wise or tactically. It could also be argued that he does still offer us an edge in the transfer market looking at the signings of Koscienly and Vermalen.

Why shouldn't people be allowed to change their opinions when presented with new evidence? It's far more idiotic to stubbornly stick to your opinion because you can't admit to being wrong (either to others or yourself). You seem to be suggesting that doing that is worthy of credit - but you're wrong.

I can say that as someone who has always stuck behind the manager. :cool:

Never have I thought Wenger should be sacked, some decisions were questionable and wrong at the time but look at us now :D

Arteta free kick quality, Walcott goal such composure its amazing.

Why shouldn't people be allowed to change their opinions when presented with new evidence? It's far more idiotic to stubbornly stick to your opinion because you can't admit to being wrong (either to others or yourself). You seem to be suggesting that doing that is worthy of credit - but you're wrong.

I can say that as someone who has always stuck behind the manager. :cool:

People can change their opinions, of course they can. But this is knee jerk, hence why I praised Sy and DJ. What happens when we lose a game or two? People will be saying Wenger out again.

People can change their opinions, of course they can. But this is knee jerk, hence why I praised Sy and DJ. What happens when we lose a game or two? People will be saying Wenger out again.

Hardly knee jerk if it's seven games won in a row.