LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosicky's done well lately so happy to see him linger a little while longer assuming he can maintain the form and not get injured for the whole length of the contract.

So who's looking forward to us blowing a great opportunity to close in on Spurs? I fear this season has tainted me... I pre-empt disappointment now. :(

MIDFIELDER - RYO MIYAICHI

Taken from Garth Crooks team of the week.

Ryo Miyaichi

The man on loan from Arsenal doesn't have the luxury of playing with the likes of Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott and Tomas Rosicky at the moment, so he has to do more than his fair share of graft in a Bolton side fighting for survival. He did that and more against a valiant QPR who, with more vigilant officials, might have had a better outcome. Miyaichi was the difference on the day. He provided that touch of magic and inspiration that will cost Mark Hughes and his players a few sleepless nights.

Did you know? Miyaichi created seven goalscoring chances (including one assist). There have only been three instances of more in an entire Premier League season.

I watched the game on Saturday and he was brilliant. His set pieces need improving is perhaps the only thing I can pick on.

Nigel Neita has been called up to the Jamaica squad for a friendly against Costa Rica.

http://www.jamaicafootballfederation.com/v1/2012/03/11/training-camp-called-for-game-against-costa-rica/

Don't know alot about him, but he's not exactly been prolific for our youth teams has he?

I have a good feeling about tonight, 3-0 win!

I too feel confident going into this match, looking forward to it considering our form of late.

Another player to be linked with us today: Younès Belhanda!

In my opinion, this rumour is far more realistic - a relatively unknown playmaker who plays in France's leading league. He'd probably cost around £15 million, which is far less than Hazard or Götze would. Sign him up, Arsène!

As for tonight, I'm feeling confident which may be a bad omen. I'm going to predict a 3-1 win Arsenal win. COYG!

Rosicky's done well lately so happy to see him linger a little while longer assuming he can maintain the form and not get injured for the whole length of the contract.

So who's looking forward to us blowing a great opportunity to close in on Spurs? I fear this season has tainted me... I pre-empt disappointment now. :(

Me too. We've had a knack of messing up when we could move ahead/catch up with our rivals lately, I'm worried the bubble might burst :(

I have a good feeling about tonight, 3-0 win!
I too feel confident going into this match, looking forward to it considering our form of late.
As for tonight, I'm feeling confident which may be a bad omen. I'm going to predict a 3-1 win Arsenal win. COYG!

TOUCH WOOD!

Got a 3-1 win for us on at William Hill tonight. Mind you we are all confident and how many times have we gone into games down the years, confident and ended up being frustrated and drawing the game we should have easily won.

Still I'd take a boring 1-0!

Delighted with that. Would have been happy with the draw just cause we played brilliant, but snatching the win was amazing.

We're not usually a team that does that (wins games late on) and I used to despise when Man Utd and Chelsea did it but it's such a great asset for the team to have.

Mind you we are all confident and how many times have we gone into games down the years, confident and ended up being frustrated and drawing the game we should have easily won.

Almost was about to say I hate to say I told you so....but THANK GOD!

Walcott was immense tonight and Koscielny too he made some vital blocks from through balls today.

<3 Verminator.

The team is really starting to show commitment and determination. Jesus, if we had played like this earlier in the season, we'd be comfortably 3rd.

Still, important we keep up this run of form. We're really putting pressure on Spurs. Everton on the 21st next.

Sagna was immense in the first half and Walcott had a good game throughout. Rosicky had another outstanding match and I was disappointed to see him come off (wouldn't have said that a few months ago!). Good defensive performance all round I thought.

If Wenger starts playing Mertesacker next season with Vermaelen, I'll write a strongly worded letter, this is the best our defence has played in God knows how long!
Why Mertesacker, Koscielny so much better and more composed. Mertesacker good backup to the 2 or if needed against a really tall team. Kos and Verm partnership is excellent.

Why Mertesacker, Koscielny so much better and more composed. Mertesacker good backup to the 2 or if needed against a really tall team. Kos and Verm partnership is excellent.

:confused: That's exactly what I was saying. :p This is best I have seen the defence play in years, hope it continues. :)

I think that was his point (the fact that Kos/Verm is our best partnership).

Honestly, get a solid left-back and our defence starts to look REALLY good.

Don't get one and put Verm at LB when Gibbs get injured (which happens often), then Per Mertesacker at CB and we start to have problems.

Wenger seems really confident in this interview.

Wenger was quite delusional in an interview the other day saying who knows we could get above 3rd, no chance. Not that we can;t win every game till the end of the season but that City or Utd wont drop that many points.

Just going to post what I did in the other thread: Excellent game, there's something special about those last minute winners. We deserved the win I think - the amount of chances we created really merited a goal, even if Newcastle actually defended very well. They pushed us out wide for most of the game - I think had Theo not had such an excellent game we wouldn't have won today. Newcastle kept AOC quiet with ease, most attacks seemed to go through Walcott who actually made some very clever runs and got some good balls in. Fair play to him for that after the season he's had so far. Good result.

I was starting to worry as we missed so many chances, especially as Newcastle surprisingly seemed to defend very well and looked very dangerous going forward as well. Plus I never realised how big Ameobi was :D

Anybody else think that Kieran Gibbs was surprisingly good? Yes, he could be blamed for Ben Arfa's goal, but other from that he won his individual battles well, got up from deep with aplomb and looked comfortable on the ball. Impressed.

I honestly think that with a few additions to the squad, alongside returning loanee's, we can mount a good title challenge.

Kos and Verminator are our first choice CB partnership now without question, but I don't share the dislike of Mertesacker that some of you seem to have.

Yeah I think Mertesacker has been solid tbh, started off shaky (as expected and á la Kos) but started playing very well come November. Certain aspects of his game are fantastic: he times tackles brilliantly (well he has to cause if he mis-times the tackle he won't catch him).

Anybody else think that Kieran Gibbs was surprisingly good? Yes, he could be blamed for Ben Arfa's goal, but other from that he won his individual battles well, got up from deep with aplomb and looked comfortable on the ball. Impressed.

I honestly think that with a few additions to the squad, alongside returning loanee's, we can mount a good title challenge.

Still worried about his ability to stay injury free.

And I think he needs to concentrate more.

Would favour signing an experienced Left Back, not sure who, and rotating him with Gibbs. I don't think I'd play Santos there as he isn't defensive enough for my liking.

Great attitude to win at the death. Could have been a bit more comfortable maybe but, always nice to snatch it at the end.

Van Persie actually missed a few tonight, although he did score of course (again). Might sound stupid but I think a rest for a game would do him good, in an ideal world anyway.

Walcott very good tonight, things came off for him. Rosicky was brilliant. Some of his touches were class, real class and there's no denying his work rate. Just shows what confidence can do.

Still worried about his ability to stay injury free.

And I think he needs to concentrate more.

Would favour signing an experienced Left Back, not sure who, and rotating him with Gibbs. I don't think I'd play Santos there as he isn't defensive enough for my liking.

I want to see more of Santos as I was really liking him at left back before his injury, but with Gibbs in a bit of form I wonder whether he'll get back into the first XI.

Just going to post what I did in the other thread: Excellent game, there's something special about those last minute winners. We deserved the win I think - the amount of chances we created really merited a goal, even if Newcastle actually defended very well. They pushed us out wide for most of the game - I think had Theo not had such an excellent game we wouldn't have won today. Newcastle kept AOC quiet with ease, most attacks seemed to go through Walcott who actually made some very clever runs and got some good balls in. Fair play to him for that after the season he's had so far. Good result.

I was starting to worry as we missed so many chances, especially as Newcastle surprisingly seemed to defend very well and looked very dangerous going forward as well. Plus I never realised how big Ameobi was :D

I think Oxlade-Chamberlain started playing very well in the second half, he was getting into better positions, getting past Simpson with ease, ashame he came off. Gervinho was rubbish again I thought..

I reckon Gibbs has played great since he came back from injury. I know he has potential, but does he have enough to get to Cole or Clichy's standard? I really do hope so.

16 days ago the gap between us and Tottenham was 10 points.

Today, the gap is 1 point.

:cool:

This is indeed a fact. The annoying thing is that people always seem to forget how things can change and how things inevitably always do change. Its hard not to get cuaght up in this stuff sometimes but too many people do. With 14 games to go or whatever it was 16 days ago spurs were never guaranteed 3rd place.

Kos and Verminator are our first choice CB partnership now without question, but I don't share the dislike of Mertesacker that some of you seem to have.

I just came to read this thread and probably am saying something out of context but for me the preferred pair is PM and Kos. PM has been criticised so unfairly and it took as a few (costly, like the FA Cup exit) games to get back on track defensively after his injury.

I just came to read this thread and probably am saying something out of context but for me the preferred pair is PM and Kos. PM has been criticised so unfairly and it took as a few (costly, like the FA Cup exit) games to get back on track defensively after his injury.
Mertesacker is a,qualitydefender, nut in my opinion isnt as good as Kos and TV.

Archived