LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the games where players and teams can write history, someone like The Ox can do a Cesc and knock one in from 30 odd yards. It's times like these where you realize just how important that 4th place is. I want these pre game feelings next season. I don't want to be dreading someone getting injured on a Thursday night.

I am not worried about them playing, it is more a fear of what is going to happen if something happens to one of them.

Djourou and Koscielny were excellent for quite a bit of last season and then Djourou went and got injured and returned *****

[video=youtube;E9GFqu8obLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9GFqu8obLc&feature=related

Cannot wait for this: I'm especially excited because we might not be here next year :(

I think if we could get a score-draw here it would be a very positive result. I think it's something we should target given their recent form, having only won one of their last four games. And if Tottenham could do it last season...

'MON LADS

Oh and PS... this is one of the early rumours of what our kit will be next year:

Unreleased-Nike-Kits-615x636.jpg

I like to think this is a very bad fake but I've seen that Barcelona kit posted somewhere else before so I don't know. Still, these early rumours are usually rubbish. Although if we are taking it seriously, including black on the kit is a big mistake. It'd be basically yet another big middle finger to the fans. It looks awful.

Apparently the black is very dark blue but the photo doesn't show it. Either way I don't approve, looks way too similar to a Utd kit.

Also rumours that the tartan on the Utd kit and the red/white/blue on the sleeves of the Arsenal kit are a nod towards Ferguson and Wenger

If that is our kit, and I think it most probably will be, I think it will look quite good. The only thing: the socks! Whether it's black, dark blue whatever - from that picture, the kit looks far too much like United's colour scheme at the moment.

But surely nothing will ever be worse than our current away shirt?

I've got this season's away shirt on now :D With 'Song 17' on the pack too. COYG!

It looks as if AC Milan have taken some unsportsmanlike options in terms of the pitch. They've basically left the wide areas of the pitch untreated compared to the middle;

sansiropitch.png

It's only a coincidence too that AC Milan primarily play their football through the middle, channelling the ball into Ibrahimovic while Robinho and Nocerino tend to run off him. Whereas our game is primarily based on spreading the ball wide, before integrating the ball into central areas :rolleyes:

Call it what you want, but to me, it's very unsportsmanlike.

It's been like that for ages you idiot. Been relaid twice already this season, once just before the derby, but it's not had time to bed in because Milan and Inter had home games in the Coppa Italia, plus the recent snowfall = not a great pitch.

Suppose so, but there is a stark contrast between the central channel of the pitch, which looks quite good considering the adverse weather that has hit Italy as you said, compared to the wide areas. If you do know, can you tell me/us?

No need to call me an idiot too ;)

EDIT: I've just seen on Twitter that the San Siro groundsmen finished relaying the new turf at 9 AM, Tuesday...

Suppose so, but there is a stark contrast between the central channel of the pitch, which looks quite good considering the adverse weather that has hit Italy as you said, compared to the wide areas. If you do know, can you tell me/us?.

It looks good, but it's not that much better. Have to remember those wide channels don't get the same level of light - if you watch a San Siro game on a sunny day (like in this image) and you can see the tram lines that can get created by the shadows. Not too dissimilar from those you see today.

Welcome to modern Arsenal's defining week of the season.

Saturday - a must win league game. Play quite well, lose 1st chocie defender for 2 months and a goal in one move. Equalise but that is not enough. BANG! some help from the old Arsenal. We win.

Wednesday. Change of tactics and players as a result of that Sat injury. TV has not been poor cause he was played out of position, he was just poor. We lose the best defender for who knows how long. An offside goal as a bonus. Possibly out of CL now.

Can't wait till Saturday.

Unless we regroup and play totally different game (we did that already a couple of times) but Milan look too comfortable/experienced to allow that.

Wednesday. Change of tactics and players as a result of that Sat injury.

No, Wenger chose to put Rosicky on the wing removing our only natural ball carrier and putting us on the back foot from the start.

The spuds gave us the blueprint against Milan. High tempo fast aggressive football and Wenger chose to do the opposite, total stupidity.

3-0

Archived