LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from livetext, was it bad?

HITS THE WOODWORK

Arsenal hit the bar again... and, again, it is Robin van Persie who is unlucky. This time he dinks a Bergkamp-esque lob over Adam Bogdan but sees the ball come back off the bar with the keeper beaten. Theo Walcott follows that up with a Walcott-esque effort... he screws his shot wide from about six yards out.

Nah, Everton & Newcastle will push us hard. I see 8th.

6th might have been a bit ambitious actually, 7th will do. Didn't think at any point this season I'd actually properly consider Newcastle finishing ahead of us but here we are.

It's quite amusing how we've let ourselves in for this.

Bolton were tackling brilliantly and probably made it hard to play against, but we were off the pace again.

First touch not there, awareness not there, sloppy passing, players not on same wave length. This was the midfield tonight.

The frustrating thing is, when it clearly wasn't working, its still the same old predictable substitutions. Ramsay should of came off sooner.

Like who the **** was responsible for buying no one. They have to be gotten rid of, if it was Wenger he has to ****ing go.

This team can play, why the **** aren't they? And why the hell is Ramsey playing every single game? He isn't very good, Rosicky is better. I just don't understand what is wrong with Wenger. I am starting to think he really has lost it and is becoming a liability.

This simply isn't acceptable and I hope Wenger is suffering right now, he needs to feel how the fans feel. Someone is destroying our club and unless someone can guarantee me otherwise it seems to be Wenger the one doing it.

Like who the **** was responsible for buying no one. They have to be gotten rid of, if it was Wenger he has to ****ing go.

This team can play, why the **** aren't they? And why the hell is Ramsey playing every single game? He isn't very good, Rosicky is better. I just don't understand what is wrong with Wenger. I am starting to think he really has lost it and is becoming a liability.

This simply isn't acceptable and I hope Wenger is suffering right now, he needs to feel how the fans feel. Someone is destroying our club and unless someone can guarantee me otherwise it seems to be Wenger the one doing it.

Others are now finally starting to see what I've been saying for over a year now.

Things really are bad when Arsenal are looking over their shoulder at Sunderland, the same Sunderland that looked like a League 1 side for the first half of the season. Isn't it funny what a new (and better) manager can do!?

That was horrible. We were desperately unlucky, but that was horrible. Sometimes you draw a game 0-0 and come the final whistle really believe that with a slice of luck it could have been so different. But today it really should have been so different, some of the chances missed tonight were unforgivable. Gutted.

Mind you, could be the start of something big. Bolton always used to be our bogey team when we were successful, and we are unbeaten in two? :(

TBF to Sunderland, O'Neill is not a great manager but a fantastic motivator and the moment it seems that Wenger and Pat Rice are not motivating the players at all or really poorly. A fired-up Walcott would have atleast scored twice. Only TV, RvP and Henry seem motivated to succeed, the others are going with the flow without grasping the idea for themselves.

TBF to Sunderland, O'Neill is not a great manager but a fantastic motivator and the moment it seems that Wenger and Pat Rice are not motivating the players at all or really poorly. A fired-up Walcott would have atleast scored twice. Only TV, RvP and Henry seem motivated to succeed, the others are going with the flow without grasping the idea for themselves.

That is the biggest pile of turd I've read this week to be blunt.

Song fastly becoming our weakest link? :D One of the most idiotic things I have ever read.

Club us f**ked, if we dont finish top four this season we wont for years. Maybe never.

Why do you say that out of interest? Call me a blind optimist (I am) but I think if we do miss out this year we'll be straight back next year.

I almost feel bad for RvP, it's shocking that a fan should feel bad for one of their players simply because the rest of the team is awful. Oh wait the rest of the team isn't actually that bad, so why the **** don't we ****ing win?

First touch not there, awareness not there, sloppy passing, players not on same wave length. This was the midfield tonight.

The frustrating thing is, when it clearly wasn't working, its still the same old predictable substitutions. Ramsay should of came off sooner.

Agree 100%.

Instead of many things that could be said about this game, I will just ask one question:

What is the purpose of Aaron Ramsey's presence in Arsenal's first team?

I have forced myself not to post anything about him, just ignore his performances for a few weeks now. Cause criticising him is called hatred, cause is means looking for easy targets, creating scapegoats. It is all fine and admirable to be loyal to a player who has come such a long way to this point, who gives so much when he plays so on. It is maybe vital to look deeper into club's strategy to find the reasons for our crisis.

But WTF is he doing in Arsneal's first team?

He runs and works a lot, that's fine and it shows he has a potential to be a great player in that position. But everything else is just below any acceptable level.

Against Villa HT 2-0 down. On the touchline you see Henry and Rice encouraging, motivating the players and they came up with the goods. Many a time when poor results occur you will see Arsene hands in pocket, sulking to himself generally wallowing himself in self pity. The same attitude will eventually rub on to the players.

Archived