LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems Foster's the only exception to that rule G-Man. That true?

Don't know what you mean :confused:. I don't make the rules (or for that matter inforce them) but it's annoying to see Goon break them :mad:.

Don't know what you mean :confused:. I don't make the rules (or for that matter inforce them) but it's annoying to see Goon break them :mad:.

I started mine less than 12 hours early, the Tottenham lot started their thread 8 years early.

Fixtures out tomorrow ffs. Plus, we want to forget last season.

Surely the sight of Almunia captaining us to glory warms the heart of every Arsenal fan?

More for myself than anyone else:

GK: Szczesny / Fabianski

DR: Sagna / Jenkinson

DC: NEW / Djourou

DC: Vermaelen / Koscienlny

DL: NEW / Gibbs

MC: Fabregas / Ramsey

MC: Song / NEW

MC: Wilshere / Diaby

AMR: Walcott / NEW

FC: van Persi / NEW

AML: Nasri / Arshavin

Keep spare:

Lansbury

Chamakh

Sell:

Almunia

Squillaci

Clichy

Traore

Rosicky

Denilson

Eboue

Bendtner

Bloody hell, we're pretty much selling a team which probably could stay up in the prem!

Nasri is clearly going Mikey.

I think he'll stay.

I'm fairly certain Cesc isn't going anywhere this summer either with the nonsense Rossel is coming out with them valuing Cesc less this year.

If I'm right, I'd feel a bit more optimistic about next season with a couple more additions to take Gervinho's place.

Anyone else happy for Lansbury to take Denilson's place?

Yeah i'm happy for lansbury to get a shot although i would not complain if we brought in a midfield aslong as it was after we signed a CB, Winger and a Striker.

I really want us to sign Hazard in a bad way, when i watch gervinho i just see him adapting to the arsenal way where as i think Hazard would add some directness to the team which we really need. Would help walcott alot as this slow build up play just can't get the best out of him.

I'm fairly certain Cesc isn't going anywhere this summer either with the nonsense Rossel is coming out with them valuing Cesc less this year.

Whilst he probably will stay its hard to argue that his value has done anything but drop. A year less on his deal, nothing like the season he had last year.

Hardly going up in price is he?

true, it could have remained the same, but you would think as players are assets they would depreciate as their contract lowers and if, like in his case he doesnt have anywhere as ngood a season as the last.

Barca clearly just toying with Arsenal regarding him, wait till his contract expires and sign him for nothing. Then everyu one can moan how they should have cashed in and accepted the £35m as his last seasons became mediocre etc

Barca valued him at what €35m last season, which we rejected, so our valuation is obviously alot more. And now they want to offer less, with their valuation having declined, but if ours has too, then they'd be better bidding the same as last year.

Again, considering the prices players like Henderson, Carroll, Neuer, etc are going for, I'd be unhappy with anything less than £50m.

We'll look like right knobs now if we don't even manage to win the Emirates Cup.

I'm looking forward to next season though. I'm just looking forward to having Arsenal and football back - for the time being the pain suffered watching them is forgotten, I just want some football back! First of all, I don't reckon we'll suffer nearly as much next season as we have this year. What we know right now is that Wenger is prepared to spend and will bring in new players to replace old ones. It's just a case of waiting and seeing who - we'll be able to relax after a couple of signings and bask in some pre-season optimism, dare I say it.

i literally cannot stop staring at how funny it is calling it 'Goon's arsenal thread' just such a below average user and the fact that hes started the thread himself and just casually stuck his own name in the title. haha. for such a terribly below average use it takes the michael.

i literally cannot stop staring at how funny it is calling it 'Goon's arsenal thread' just such a below average user and the fact that hes started the thread himself and just casually stuck his own name in the title. haha. for such a terribly below average use it takes the michael.

:confused:

At the moment, I'd be quite happy with 5 points and qualifying for the Champions League in August. Or is that too ambitious?

Unbeaten? I think you may be tad optimistic, I'm waiting for us to loose a close games against Newcastle and Liverpool, and then be hammered by Utd.

Archived