FM2011 - 27/05/2011 Game Start Download and Discussion

To be honest I think if you uploaded it and made it clear what you have done, and credit other people where it's due, I'm sure they won't mind. I've used the editor to create teams etc but never to modify cups, so I wouldn't really know what to do.

Thats the thing, ive not actually modified anything. I just deleted magics edits to the cups. Download it and load the editor. Load 11.3 database, then load magics file. Click 'file' then that should show a big list of what magic has done. Just delete all the mods to the cups and it will put them back to normal. It really only takes seconds to do.

Thats the thing, ive not actually modified anything. I just deleted magics edits to the cups. Download it and load the editor. Load 11.3 database, then load magics file. Click 'file' then that should show a big list of what magic has done. Just delete all the mods to the cups and it will put them back to normal. It really only takes seconds to do.

I was more confused about all the stuff to do with Wally's update.

I was more confused about all the stuff to do with Wally's update.

Thats also easy. Just time consuming. Saying that though it only too me around an hour. And thats including finding out the promotions and relegations for england and scotland.

Basically because Wally has included all the promotions and relegations in his file, you need to remove them for magics file to work wth it. If you dont the game cant include the real fixtures and results from magics file because the leagues dont have the correct teams.

I changed them by first opening the editor, loading 11.3 then loading Wally's database (it does take a while to load because of all the changes). Then click competitions from the list. From the search box, click filter then set the filter to 'nations' and type england. Then search. This will then bring up a list of all competitions in england. Then click Premier League. At the bottom left of the editor, click 'Teams' in the list. This brings up all the teams in the premier league. Click QPR then click the 'swap' button. Then search for one of last seasons relegated teams (eg. west ham) then swap them. This will then put West Ham back into the prem and QPR back in the champ. You need to do this for every promotion and relegation down to (I think) BSP.

Follow the same process for Scotland.

This may be a weird request, but can somebody isolate the Cook Islands so that I could load that file with another database (aka Wally's or Road To Mercato)? I don't really care which position most teams are in, I just wanna be able to start on May 27th 2011 with fresh rosters.

This may be a weird request, but can somebody isolate the Cook Islands so that I could load that file with another database (aka Wally's or Road To Mercato)? I don't really care which position most teams are in, I just wanna be able to start on May 27th 2011 with fresh rosters.

You can do that anyway. Just load this file and the update file from wally.

@ Cunning

Yeah but when you sim ahead the English leagues are all messed up after the 2011 relegation/promotion. About half of the EPL teams were also in League One. I'm this is because both updates are making changes to England. I'm sure there is a way to edit this update to delete the English results, but I don't have the editor nor do I have have any idea of how to use it.

@ Cunning

Yeah but when you sim ahead the English leagues are all messed up after the 2011 relegation/promotion. About half of the EPL teams were also in League One. I'm this is because both updates are making changes to England. I'm sure there is a way to edit this update to delete the English results, but I don't have the editor nor do I have have any idea of how to use it.

No the only thing that happens is the promoted teams for this year are already in each respective league for the simmed season. So QPR, Nowrwich and Swansea will already be in the prem for the simmed season. So by the time the game starts for the 11/12 season, these 3 teams might be relegated again. If you want the correct teams for the start of the 11/12 season, you need to reverse all the promotions and relegations from wally's update. So the game picks up the real fixtures and results from Magics update. Obviously these correct fixtures and results will make the correct teams be promoted and relegated for the 11/12 season anyway.

Recommended for use with England, Scotland and Wales only

I play it with England playable to league 2 and all the major European top divisions on 'view only' along with Brazil and Argentina and I have no problems. Im even using the files by batkodz aswell with no problems.

Hi Magic, thanks for your work and suggestion. Can I use the Liga Adelante fixture results 2010-11 matrix to make the Italian Serie B one? Both (Liga Adelante and Serie B) are 22 teams league, do you think that changing the 462 fixture and result of the Liga Adelante with the Serie B ones is enough to make a correct Serie B year to date like the Serie A that was posted by Batkodz?

Thanks in advance for your answer. Devid

is there any way to put the game start date back a month or two for England from 6/07/10? or is that hard coded? i've started my england save in Brazil (dec 09) on the league selection screen and noticed its a hell of a lot easier to sell your players before this date..i'm also hoping that by triggering the season update day of the 26th of June the game will update to the 2010/11 season and sort out player info screen bug that affects the first season of the 11.3 patch.. actually going to holiday through and see if that works now..

the main reason im looking to do this though is that choosing Brazil as your starting league in the league selection screen, but playing in england stops you scouting the english reserve/U18's.. which are where i actually sign most of my players from..

There are two comps.fmf files that need to be overwritten. Spain and Portugal are both in the 11.0 folder I provided. Put that comps file in your football manger 2011/data folder, and the comps.fmf file in the 11.3 folder in football manager 2011/data/updates/update-1130. That should work. Those files are copied directly from my folders and everything works on my end.

Let me know if this works

I can't seem to find the comps.fmf files to overwrite. I've checked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 and also in the SI folder in My Docs, but can't see it anywhere. Any ideas?

Can anybody tell me what team swaps they made to Wally's data update to make it match with magic mastermind's database? I just started making all the necessary swaps and it was fine down to the Conference - that's where I got seriously confused due to all the clubs that have gone out of business/been expelled/been given reprieves, etc. etc. in Blue Square Prem, North and South. Argh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is great, 1 problem though. I have unticked the transfer budget in first window as I want to give it a go with the real squads but am running some european leagues as well and it seems the french, turkish, ukranian leagues get a transfer budget....is this because when there transfer window kicks in it is seen as the 2nd window? Also, I am running it along with scotty's transfer update but LA Galaxy seem to waive robbie keane? Is there anyway to give all clubs a transfer embargo without having to adjust every team??

This is great, 1 problem though. I have unticked the transfer budget in first window as I want to give it a go with the real squads but am running some european leagues as well and it seems the french, turkish, ukranian leagues get a transfer budget....is this because when there transfer window kicks in it is seen as the 2nd window? Also, I am running it along with scotty's transfer update but LA Galaxy seem to waive robbie keane? Is there anyway to give all clubs a transfer embargo without having to adjust every team??

I don't have an answer for your first question, sorry. As for your second question, you need to give feedback on the relevant thread (scotty's).

• 5 weeks later...

Archived