FM2011 - 27/05/2011 Game Start Download and Discussion

As there is a lot of focus on up-to-date transfer updates at the moment, I decided the best way for myself to enjoy it would be to start the game as close to the Real Life date as possible. After some work here is an edit which enables you to start the game on the 27th of May 2011.

DOWNLOAD v1.3 (Recommended for use with England, Scotland and Wales only)

Tested using 11.3.0 Patch.

CHANGELIST

Version 1.3 | 22/07/2011
England: Removed custom 2010 versions of Domestic Cups - Finalists will now be random
------------------------------
Version 1.2 | 13/06/2011
Wales: Enabled RL Fixtures and Results, which show up at the start of the game as a completed 2010/11 season
Wales: Removed Europa League playoff for 2010
Version 1.1 | 13/06/2011
Scotland: Enabled RL Fixtures and Results, which show up at the start of the game as a completed 2010/11 season
Scotland: Changed one fixture to an alternative date to allow the game to display the RL Table
Scotland: Enabled custom 2010 cup competitions to get the teams in the finals of all cup competitions
Scotland: Enabled custom 2010 playoffs to get the teams in the finals of the SFL D1/2 and D2/3 playoffs
Scotland: 14 Year Old Regens will appear in the game
Version 1.0 | Initial Release | 12/06/2011
England: Enabled RL Fixtures and Results, which show up at the start of the game as a completed 2010/11 season
England: Enabled custom 2010 cup competitions to get the teams in the finals of all cup competitions
England: Enabled direct promotion for the nPower Championship, BSB Premier and BSB North IN 2010
England: Enabled custom 2010 playoffs to get the teams in the finals of the nPower League 1, nPower League 2 and BSB South playoffs
England: 14 Year Old Regens will appear in the game
Cook Islands: Added Nation to enable 27/05/2011 start

PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to make fixtures and results for Cups and Playoffs. I had made 2010 specific cup versions of the FA Cup, Carling Cup, JT Trophy and FA Trophy to get the finalists. However during the second and subsequent seasons these competitions did not generate fixtures, so with v1.3 they have been removed. I have made 2010 versions of playoffs for the teams that were promoted and didn't finish at the top of the playoff qualification (i.e. Swansea finished 3rd and so I changed the Championship to promote 3 teams automatically for 2010/11, and it'll switch back to 2 for the 2011/12 season. Peterborough finished 4th and so I couldn't change League One to promote the teams automatically. Instead I made a 2010/11 version of the playoffs that only uses the Final with Huddersfield.)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the latest version above and save it to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data

2. Start a new game and when the Database Selection box come up ensure that you tick the box next to Changes

3. Ensure that the latest version of the file is ticked and that ANY OLD VERSIONS ARE UNTICKED

4. Select the leagues that you want to play in and Cook Islands are selected

5. Choose the settings you want and ensure the Game Start ate is set to Cook Islands (May 2011)

6. Start the game and enjoy!

I have stopped working on updates for this release.

SCREENSHOTS

085E67EA1E1B2EDD050BF398E8CE12FC3B2D6AE4

Your game setup may look like the one above.

0F10B66B1AF2284C9CCD90EF6CB363EF4CED1FAF

Can I ask what nation did you edit into Cook Islands? Or is it already in the editor? And is it compatable with transfer updates beibg released eg Wally's and Metal Guitarist's?

Will definately download this btw

I doubt it will work with their updates just yet. It's up to them to update their files to work with this one.

The Cook Islands Nation was already in the editor, you can have it as playable but I wouldn't recommend it because I only set up a cup Final between two teams who will always appear in it.

So, could I edit new transfers into this database you have created so that at the point it starts we have people like Henderson at Liverpool?

Also, the Europa League, Champions League don't have the correct teams in final.

Also, Chelsea won the Community Shield on my load..

As I mentioned above, it's not possible to get the results for cup games. Therefore I have only set the finalists of some competitions.

I tried with the Champions League but it messes with the Europa League and seriously affects the game later on.

You'll be able to edit transfers and it should work without a problem at all. There are no changes to the DB (ignore the number that comes up, they aren't actually changes) and transfers should work fine.

I doubt it will work with their updates just yet. It's up to them to update their files to work with this one.

The Cook Islands Nation was already in the editor, you can have it as playable but I wouldn't recommend it because I only set up a cup Final between two teams who will always appear in it.

In the file I did I enabled Nepal and added two divisions. This then automatically added the teams. I think 12 in the first division and 22 in the second. I also added an FA Cup style cup using the wizard. I didnt go into any detail with it. I didnt add any proze money or anything for the league. Only set up discipline rules and promotion/relegation setting. I think it only shows as 1 change when selecting it to start a new game.

Im going to download your file and have a play with it anyway in the editor. Just to familiarise myself with what exactly you have done and how to do it. If I can I will try and add other results for other league and countries. Only the main European leagues though if I can. If I do it right and it all works I'll give you the file for you to check over and if you want you can release it or do whatever you want with it.

In the file I did I enabled Nepal and added two divisions. This then automatically added the teams. I think 12 in the first division and 22 in the second. I also added an FA Cup style cup using the wizard. I didnt go into any detail with it. I didnt add any proze money or anything for the league. Only set up discipline rules and promotion/relegation setting. I think it only shows as 1 change when selecting it to start a new game.

Im going to download your file and have a play with it anyway in the editor. Just to familiarise myself with what exactly you have done and how to do it. If I can I will try and add other results for other league and countries. Only the main European leagues though if I can. If I do it right and it all works I'll give you the file for you to check over and if you want you can release it or do whatever you want with it.

Sure, the files would be great - I intend on doing the leagues that I can, which are the ones included in comps.fmf (Scotland, France and Wales) before I move on to the others. The Nation Rules specific fixtures will work with the goals sections when you download the Advanced Rules list. I've updated the first post for the leagues I'd like to see added with the fixtures.

Ive been looking through your file all morning and I think ive kinda got my head around it. Although im a noob to editing.

Ive updated the advanced rules to 1.91 and also downloaded comps 11.3.0. Ive been looking at the SPL first. Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is Load 11.3 first. Then load the sco_prm.xml then update the fixture to the correct order and dates from within the 'list' options?

Then if I do this for every league, would I just need to make sure I load all the edited league xml's that I want when starting a new game (along with your Cook Islands file) and this will update all the leagues ive done with correct fixtures as of 27th May 2011?

If it really is as simple as that I'll start straight away. But somehow I dont think it will be that easy. :(

Ive been looking through your file all morning and I think ive kinda got my head around it. Although im a noob to editing.

Ive updated the advanced rules to 1.91 and also downloaded comps 11.3.0. Ive been looking at the SPL first. Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is Load 11.3 first. Then load the sco_prm.xml then update the fixture to the correct order and dates from within the 'list' options?

Then if I do this for every league, would I just need to make sure I load all the edited league xml's that I want when starting a new game (along with your Cook Islands file) and this will update all the leagues ive done with correct fixtures as of 27th May 2011?

If it really is as simple as that I'll start straight away. But somehow I dont think it will be that easy. :(

I'm already halfway through Scotland. I'll be on to France and Wales after that.

But the way you mentioned would be part of it. There's a little bit more to it so that I can get the cup finalists.

The easier way would be to load a nation (e.g. Spain) into the Nation Rules by selecting Add Lower Divisions, then for each league tick Use Specified Fixtures and add the fixtures and results to the list. This is what I'd like some help on (it's a lot of work to get the fixtures done) and other than the Nations I mentioned above, I'd love it if people could help out.

Bear in mind I will want all playable divisions to have fixtures and results.

I'm already halfway through Scotland. I'll be on to France and Wales after that.

But the way you mentioned would be part of it. There's a little bit more to it so that I can get the cup finalists.

The easier way would be to load a nation (e.g. Spain) into the Nation Rules by selecting Add Lower Divisions, then for each league tick Use Specified Fixtures and add the fixtures and results to the list. This is what I'd like some help on (it's a lot of work to get the fixtures done) and other than the Nations I mentioned above, I'd love it if people could help out.

Bear in mind I will want all playable divisions to have fixtures and results.

Im doing Spain La Liga BBVA now as a test to make sure im doing it right. The only thing is I dont know the kick off times or which games were on TV. If I leave them fields blank will it automatically assign them to TV and give them times?

Also when im finished, if I just save it or save it as another name, will it save my changes to Spain in your file? I did load it along with the 11.3 database before starting. If it does i'll send it to you if you want to merge with your changes so far.

The file will need to be kept separate. I'll upload the files in a rar file once I get them.

If you can get the matches on TV that would be great, but it's not the end of the world, as you're not going to be playing that season anyway.

Version 1.2 on the way, just done Wales.

The file will need to be kept separate. I'll upload the files in a rar file once I get them.

If you can get the matches on TV that would be great, but it's not the end of the world, as you're not going to be playing that season anyway.

Version 1.2 on the way, just done Wales.

If the files need to be kept separate then I think ive done it wrong. I opened the editor and loaded the 11.3 database. Then I loaded your Cook Island file with England already done. Then I clicked 'add nation rules' selected add new competition or sub-leagues (or whatever it is), then selected Liga BBVA > use specifial fixtures and now im starting to add them and currently up to December.

So because you said they need to be seperate, im now thinking that after loading the 11.3 database, I should just start with the nation rules straight away rather than load up your file also :confused:

I hope not because this has taken me ages so far. How are you doing it so quickly? The only thing im doing to speed up is if there are say 6 matches to be added for the same date, im adding one line with that date then duplicating it 5 times so I dont have to keep adding the date 1 by 1. Surely there is a quicker way to do it?

If the files need to be kept separate then I think ive done it wrong. I opened the editor and loaded the 11.3 database. Then I loaded your Cook Island file with England already done. Then I clicked 'add nation rules' selected add new competition or sub-leagues (or whatever it is), then selected Liga BBVA > use specifial fixtures and now im starting to add them and currently up to December.

So because you said they need to be seperate, im now thinking that after loading the 11.3 database, I should just start with the nation rules straight away rather than load up your file also :confused:

I hope not because this has taken me ages so far. How are you doing it so quickly? The only thing im doing to speed up is if there are say 6 matches to be added for the same date, im adding one line with that date then duplicating it 5 times so I dont have to keep adding the date 1 by 1. Surely there is a quicker way to do it?

There isn't really a quick way :p The way I do it is set up the date and time, then duplicate it (the way you mentioned). I set up all the dates first then add the clubs then the results.

As I said, since you can't have more than one Nation Rules per file if you are using Nation Rules for the fixtures then don't use the update, just load the Database then work from there. You only need the original file when adding fixtures using the Advanced Rules, which I'll be doing myself.

You should be able to cut the fixtures out of the Nation Rules in a text editor and paste it into a different file, then discard the file you were working on, that way you'll get all the fixtures in a Nation Rules file that is separate to this release.

There isn't really a quick way :p The way I do it is set up the date and time, then duplicate it (the way you mentioned). I set up all the dates first then add the clubs then the results.

As I said, since you can't have more than one Nation Rules per file if you are using Nation Rules for the fixtures then don't use the update, just load the Database then work from there. You only need the original file when adding fixtures using the Advanced Rules, which I'll be doing myself.

You should be able to cut the fixtures out of the Nation Rules in a text editor and paste it into a different file, then discard the file you were working on, that way you'll get all the fixtures in a Nation Rules file that is separate to this release.

In that case ive done it wrong then :mad: because ive loaded your updated then started adding the fixtures for Spain using Nation Rules.

Im on January now so I dont really want to stop now. If I finish off Spain's top division then save it and send t to you, would you be able to remove all of the fixtures and save them in the file you mentioned? Then you can just add it to your update if it all works.

For other leagues I wont load the update. I'll just do it via nation rules.

In that case ive done it wrong then :mad: because ive loaded your updated then started adding the fixtures for Spain using Nation Rules.

Im on January now so I dont really want to stop now. If I finish off Spain's top division then save it and send t to you, would you be able to remove all of the fixtures and save them in the file you mentioned? Then you can just add it to your update if it all works.

For other leagues I wont load the update. I'll just do it via nation rules.

Yeah that's fine, I'll be able to remove them.

i really like this file but there is one problem.....we will miss a whole season for players training which gives them one less year to reach there pa surely that cant be to good for the players we train hard to reach them

That's unfortunate. DW about it though, take a rest and do it another time. It'd be insane to start again.

No way im starting again now. Ive been doing it on and off since about 5pm :mad: It was going really slow towards the end though, I was literally waiting around 5 seconds after every click. The last count I remember I had done 319 :(

I'll start again tomorrow but I wont load your file along with the database. Hopefully that will speed it up a bit and free up some memory. I take it I should up my virtual memory aswell to avoid it happening again?

i really like this file but there is one problem.....we will miss a whole season for players training which gives them one less year to reach there pa surelyk that cant be to good for the players we train hard to reach them

So what are you going to do when FM12 is released and the majority of players haven't really changed that much CA/PA wise but they will be a year older. Are you going to stick with FM11 because you want your year back? You cant please everybody I suppose :rolleyes:

i really like this file but there is one problem.....we will miss a whole season for players training which gives them one less year to reach there pa surely that cant be to good for the players we train hard to reach them

There will be no CA/PA updates in this file. I don't see that as being a problem.

No way im starting again now. Ive been doing it on and off since about 5pm :mad: It was going really slow towards the end though, I was literally waiting around 5 seconds after every click. The last count I remember I had done 319 :(

I'll start again tomorrow but I wont load your file along with the database. Hopefully that will speed it up a bit and free up some memory. I take it I should up my virtual memory aswell to avoid it happening again?

What I do is get all the fixture dates in first, save then reload the editor. Put in all the clubs, saving as you progress onto each month. Once done save then reload the editor, finally put the results in and save again. That way the editor doesn't slow down as you mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...
Any idea how to fix the cups not restarting for the new season?

I'll have a look, last time they seemed to work fine.

EDIT: This is quite a big problem, I didn't holiday far enough to see that the cups didn't schedule even though it is on their calendar. I can't get the JP Trophy to get the teams in the correct regional setting as SI have in game (most likely because the way they get the teams is in the fm.exe file, originally written in C++.

I'll look into the matter though, however don't expect a solution anytime soon. The Scottish and Welsh cups are fine.

hello magicmastermind...great work...I need an information...you must edit the fixtures in the new "Lists" section or inside the nation rule.

i.e.

I created a new lower league for italy...i selected serie a...and ticked the use real fixture...and I added all fixture for 2010

now I will start adding fixture results...is correct?

thanks!

During the forum downtime I played around with this concept. Entering results and fixtures for Serie A, La Liga & Adelante, Eredivisie, Bundesliga, and Portuguese Prem.

A few things of note

1. Entering results via nation rules does not work. It will register the fixture, but not the result.

2. If a league has a specific fixture list in the comps.fmf file (Por,Spa,Hol). The only way to get the fixtures to work is to overwrite the files and recompile using the resource archiver. I created those fixtures using the xml files included in the default versions, changing the date and supplying the code for goals home and away. It works.

3. It is much, much faster and easier to enter the info into the xml file rather than use the editor. Less risk of crashes and easier to cut and paste.

4. For leagues not in the comps.fmf files (Ita, Ger, and most other nations), I entered the data into the same xml template as before, then imported the file into the editor. It will say something like imported old rules format. It is important to set the version as 0, and the date range of competition to match the time frame of the league (august to may, july to may, etc). Now, the slightly tricky part you have to figure out "Discipline Rules Index" and "Fixtures Rules Index" value. Start with 0 in both categories (it defaults to -1 when importing, which if left unchanged will cause the game to crash). Load the league up in the game with the file, note the rules, then load the league up without the file, and note the difference. If the match great, you're done, if not. Trial and error time. For instance the Bundesliga fixture rules index is 3. This file can live in the editor data folder like standard editor files.

I've tried that last process with Holland, Portugal and Spain, and it does not work; you must overwrite the default file in the comps.fmf

The following link will provide all of the work I've done thus far. Including recompiled comps.fmf files for both the 11.0 (base folder) and the 11.3 update comps.fmf. I've also extracted the hol,por,spa files as they work as templates or if you would like to recompile yourself. The Germany and Italy files can go in your editor data folder

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20545055/Fixtures.zip

I hope this is helpful, if anything doesn't make sense don't to hesitate to ask. Apologies if this was in anyway confusing

Hi Batkodz, thankyou for all your hard work.

As I understand it, to get the results for Holland, Portugal and Spain you need to overwrite the comps.fmf file with the one you provided? I did this and started a game. Holland is fine, the table is correct, however Portugal and Spain are not for some reason. I can also confirm that the Italy and German file works perfectly when placed in the editor data folder. So its just Portugal and Spain that has a problem on my end.

Any ideas? :)

There are two comps.fmf files that need to be overwritten. Spain and Portugal are both in the 11.0 folder I provided. Put that comps file in your football manger 2011/data folder, and the comps.fmf file in the 11.3 folder in football manager 2011/data/updates/update-1130. That should work. Those files are copied directly from my folders and everything works on my end.

Let me know if this works

There are two comps.fmf files that need to be overwritten. Spain and Portugal are both in the 11.0 folder I provided. Put that comps file in your football manger 2011/data folder, and the comps.fmf file in the 11.3 folder in football manager 2011/data/updates/update-1130. That should work. Those files are copied directly from my folders and everything works on my end.

Let me know if this works

Excellent i'll give that a shot now. Everything should be fine. As im using the 11.3 database I only copied the 11.3 version into the 11.3 folder. And also copied the German and Italian files to the editor data folder. Everything there works so it should just be a case of me putting the other comps.fmf file into the original data folder as you say.

I thought though as im using the 11.3 database, nothing from the original data is loaded so how come you need one in the original folder when it loads the 11.3 version? Oh well. If it works at your end then thats that. Thanks a lot for all the work you have put into this. You aswel magic. It really is appreciated :thup:

EDIT: All working fine now. Thanks a lot :thup:

Any chance you could do a version without Rushden & Diamonds in it? Currently, I think you have Southport being relegated from the Blue Square Premier but they got a reprieve because of R&D being expelled. Obviously there is a knock-on effect for the Blue Square North/South and regional divisions so might be a bit complicated.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

FMtillidie: It has already been done, check Uncle Ron's release which I collaborated on here.

But I have no plans to utilise level 7 & 8 with this release.

If I do update this release it will remove the finalists for most/all the English cups as the versions included in comps.fmf by SI are incomplete, potentially making the release more unrealistic (which is sometime I do not aim for).

MFCJIM: If I do carry on I'll look into this, should be a doddle.

FMtillidie: It has already been done, check Uncle Ron's release which I collaborated on here.

But I have no plans to utilise level 7 & 8 with this release.

If I do update this release it will remove the finalists for most/all the English cups as the versions included in comps.fmf by SI are incomplete, potentially making the release more unrealistic (which is sometime I do not aim for).

MFCJIM: If I do carry on I'll look into this, should be a doddle.

with all the results too?

Dont worry ive managed to delete the cups to get them working as they should. Ive also edited Wally's database and changed back all the relegation's and promotions so the real tables show at the end of may 2011. So now im playing with a virtually up to date game :)

I just deleted the edits to the cups. Only took two minutes. If its a choice between working cups or the correct finalists for an already simmed season I know what I'd choose. Having Stoke and Birmingham in Europe doesnt really matter to me. Especially when theres no way of getting Fulham in there aswell. Funnily enough, my first save with it that ive just started had Man Utd v Barcelona in the CL final (Barca won 2-1 this time).

Dont worry ive managed to delete the cups to get them working as they should. Ive also edited Wally's database and changed back all the relegation's and promotions so the real tables show at the end of may 2011. So now im playing with a virtually up to date game :)

Any chance of an upload of this?

Any chance of an upload of this?

I cant really release it because none of the work is really mine. Ive only edited the original files and I think ive already explained how I did it. Just download this and delete all the changes to the english cups. Then download wally's update and change all the teams back to last season. So you need to cancell all the promotions and relegations that wally has done. This will then allow all the correct fixtures and results to appear for the 10/11 season. So when you get to season update day in June, all the correct teams will automatically be promoted and relegated ready for the 11/12 season.

To be honest I think if you uploaded it and made it clear what you have done, and credit other people where it's due, I'm sure they won't mind. I've used the editor to create teams etc but never to modify cups, so I wouldn't really know what to do.

Archived