The tycoon takeover thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradford got taken over on my game in league one, I added a manager and their balance was £37 million not bad for that league. They have an £10.75 million transfer budget and a 140k wage budget currently spending 80k a week.

I had a Chilean tycoon owner at Inter, it made things stupidly easy. He was already there when I joined the club (who were not in Europe with a huge wage bill) and within two years I had turned them into a huge profit making club that didn't need the owner's money.

It was fun to begin with but removing the financial challenge took a lot of the enjoyment out for me.

I've had an interesting season. At the end of last year my chairman loved the club and over the off season he's decided that he "wants to leave as soon as possible".

I've so far had an "Unknown Tycoon" after my Honvéd side. On top of that there was:

Mitchell Mitchell's (that's apparently his name) consortium.

Szabo's consortium

Nagy's consortium

...and some other consortiums

All be linked with a move for the club, but until a week before the winter window no movement was made. Then suddenly out of no where 10 days before the window Debreceni's consortium (unfortunate) were after us and we went into a transfer embargo. My chairman, although desperate to sell told him that he had to sort it out before the window though and pulled the plug 2 days in after nothing happened. Good on him!

I mean really though, my side's won the Champions League and is Hungarian, surely some tycoon would want it. I'd be a bit stunned if a Hungarian took us over in the end though as the club is valued above £330 mil (and has £220 mil in the bank) and there is not a single Hungarian [born] billionare in the world. And unless they are planning to make the club their entire buisness empire, that doesn't seem likely.

I got a Tycoon takeover for the first time with FM2011, had one with FM2010 but only one. I am managing Leeds and after I got promoted in my first season a tycoon bought the club in December of the 2nd season, good timing, just before the transfer deadline ;-) I played that game for 10 seasons and he never pulled his support. It was my most successful game ever after 6 Premiership titles in a row, the last one was unbeaten and 6 Carling Cups, 3 FA Cups and 2 Champions Leagues.

Now if only a tycoon would take over Leeds in real life ;-) I didn't see any other Tycoon takeovers in the game apart from mine

I think Bristol City may have on mine, I haven't looked properly but noticed that in their first season in the Prem they are doing very well, but it wasn't until January came and they bought a winger off me for £5million and I then saw he wason £115K a week there that I noticed they are paying massive wages out for their players.

I've had Real Betis (Or Sociedad?) taken over by a Tycoon, only to pull any funding a day later. Seems they got a bit rickrolled there.

On my current game:

Ross County - Japanese Tycoon - They spent £5m on one player (regen) but failed to get promoted for about 3 years until 2 seasons ago, their spending isn't that large so they flirt with relegation from the SPL every season. The funding may have stopped..

Leeds United - German Tycoon - They spend £100m every transfer window, notable signings are Jack Wilshere, Iniesta, Lacine Traore, Musacchio, Kyle Walker, Junior Hoilett and Carlos Vela, they're in the Premiership but constantly fail to meet expectations and I don't think have finished in the top half yet or won a cup (its been about 6 seasons). They have sold the likes of Rodwell, Kadlec and Luiz Gustavo

Liverpool got tycoon takeover in my save. And he pulled his financial support after one season. Lolled at that

Lol! Same thing happened to Valencia on my save. Their reputation skyrocketed and they began chasing after my players which was annoying. I had to let my star right back go on loan to them as he wanted a new challenge but with a 20m future fee. Thought I was going to lose his but was happy when he rejected their contract offer after the loan stating he was happy playing for me. Chairman pulled his financial support that season and they stopped chasing my star players.

In my current save, Zalaegerszeg TE of Hungary were taken over by a Malaysian tycoon. They've since spent over £40m on players in two seasons... and still lost 5-0 to my under 19s in the cup final. :D

Sounds like my game, Fehervar got taken over by a Chinese Taipei tycoon and spent 100 million in 7 years and 25 in one year alone, Gyirmot got taken over by a Welsh tycoon.

I can still put out my reserve side and comfortably beat them both :D

Portsmouth quite often get Tycoon takeovers for me on various saves. Latest one I was in 2016 and they'd been relegated to League Two and Balram Chanrai finally left. Got taken over by an English tycoon, ironically called David James. Never thought to check if he was a manager at the time though, so could have been him although unlikely. They we're back in the Premiership and fighting it out for top 5 finishes before long.

I've had an interesting season. At the end of last year my chairman loved the club and over the off season he's decided that he "wants to leave as soon as possible".

I've so far had an "Unknown Tycoon" after my Honvéd side. On top of that there was:

Mitchell Mitchell's (that's apparently his name) consortium.

Szabo's consortium

Nagy's consortium

...and some other consortiums

All be linked with a move for the club, but until a week before the winter window no movement was made. Then suddenly out of no where 10 days before the window Debreceni's consortium (unfortunate) were after us and we went into a transfer embargo. My chairman, although desperate to sell told him that he had to sort it out before the window though and pulled the plug 2 days in after nothing happened. Good on him!

I mean really though, my side's won the Champions League and is Hungarian, surely some tycoon would want it. I'd be a bit stunned if a Hungarian took us over in the end though as the club is valued above £330 mil (and has £220 mil in the bank) and there is not a single Hungarian [born] billionare in the world. And unless they are planning to make the club their entire buisness empire, that doesn't seem likely.

George Soros is a billionaire but I understand completely that Hungarian people would like to forget he was born there.

ok tell me how to configure certain subscriptions so i hear of all takeovers.

You want your league subscriptions to look like this:

andrewpotternewsmanages.png

Subscribe to the events of every division in your savegame, and it'll tell you when a club is about to be and/or has been taken over.

You want your league subscriptions to look like this:

andrewpotternewsmanages.png

Subscribe to the events of every division in your savegame, and it'll tell you when a club is about to be and/or has been taken over.

yea i get that allready it tells me sometimes if theres going to be a take over, but i meant just to get news of takeovers on a sperate bit from other news and i ticked media what will happen now.

Just had a quick look through my save in 2018 and have spotted just three.

AC Milan - Took over 17.11.15 and they spent £110m over the next two transfer windows. They finished 2nd in his first full season and then he withdrew his financial support.

Eastleigh - Took over 25.02.13 and they have spent £706k on transfers over the last five seasons. Since he arrived they have won one promotion to the BSP and have finished 6th, 2nd & 6th since then. They seem to be punching above their weight and regularly do well in the FA Cup & FA Trophy.

Sibir Novosibirsk (Russia) - Took over 15.05.11 and has spent £42m on transfers over seven seasons. They got relegated the season he arrived before returning to the Russian Premier Division in 2014, since then they've battled against relegation each season.

The club I'm currently managing, Reading, was recently taken over by a Croatian tycoon who pumped in US$86 million into our coffers. I'm still in the Championship though so need promotion asap to see what we can do in the Premier League. :)

My team FC Emmen have just been taken over by a tycoon (FM2010). He gave me a whole bunch of money after I was promoted to the Eredivisie, I got excited and wasted it on 19 players, demolished my team spirit, got rid of the hard working players who got me there and now i'm in 16th place with a whole lot of pressure on me.

Ah it works both ways.

Deportivo got taken over by one on my Arsenal save, they bid 20m for Ramsey and Peter Hill-wood decided to stick his fat nose in and accept it :(

they also got taken over in my Hércules save. Second season i think. Spent aorund 20 mil first window and 20 mil in januari. ended up in the middle of the table and season after I thought the would be fighting with me for a european cup spot but they played horrible and I beat them 5-0 at home and they sacked their manager after just barely making it in la liga on 16th place or something very low!

Never been taken over myself :( yet...

In my save Charlton got took over by a tycoon then when he left they got taken over by another. Being in the Premier League for about 7 years and have won League Cup, FA Cup and Europa League and are paying players such as Kyle Bartley £650k a month which is matching Man City

The First Season I got Swindon into the champions league a tycoon from Malta bought me- Martin Buttigieg, funded me for 20 seasons, in that time I've had 18 leagues titles, 9 Champions League, 11 Fa Cups and 7 League Cups. Always get £150 million every summer also made a 65,000 stadium.

The First Season I got Swindon into the champions league a tycoon from Malta bought me- Martin Buttigieg, funded me for 20 seasons, in that time I've had 18 leagues titles, 9 Champions League, 11 Fa Cups and 7 League Cups. Always get £150 million every summer also made a 65,000 stadium.

did you beat fergie in the hall of fame then.

Would love this to happened to my beloved Swindon IRL :D

Archived