Football Manager 2011 - Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system!

Okay, I know this question is asked a lot but I have looked around on various forum's trying SO many different things and I am still getting this same error message? This is what I have done so far! Please let me know if i have ****ed anything!! :

• Updated directX
  • Updated java to most current available
  • Updated net. framework to 4.0
  • Added 'd3d8.dll','d3d9.dll' & 'swiftshader' to main FM folder
  • Updated graphic drivers
  • Installed 11.3 FM patch
  • downloaded Direct X SDK and set to reccomended settings
  • Put graphic accelerator at highest level
  • FM icon/right click/properties/compatability tab/ (ran in 640x480 and also tried 'run this program in compatabiliy mode for' and differnt windows
  • put 'd3dx9_41.dll' in FM folder

Im pretty sure that is it. I have tried almost everything ive seen. I done each individualy so i know that they dont cancel anything out etc.

I have FM10 and it worked fine, I could even play in 3D (although it was rather slow). I have also been able to play other FM inc 09, 08 & 07.

I have checked the systems requirements and i have the correct OS, memory, graphic card (i believe it can run direct x 9). If needed i can try (if i remember how) and attach my computer hardware details if needed.

literally do not know what else to do?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

:lol:

Okay so i fixed the problem. I had only downloaded the patch and not installed. I installed the patch and everything works fine now! :) Thanks for editing for me. Another quick question if you dont mind? Is there away of running the game without a disk and not via steam? My disk drive gets stuck A LOT and i dont want to have to reinstall the WHOLE thing again after this problem haha

Thanks

Okay so i fixed the problem. I had only downloaded the patch and not installed. I installed the patch and everything works fine now! :) Thanks for editing for me. Another quick question if you dont mind? Is there away of running the game without a disk and not via steam? My disk drive gets stuck A LOT and i dont want to have to reinstall the WHOLE thing again after this problem haha

Thanks

No- it is one way or the other I'm afraid.

Archived