John Terry wins Golden Boot

I've just won Euro 2012 with my England team, I scored quite a few goals (conceded quite a few as well) throughout the tournament including 4 headed goals from John Terry which won him the Golden Boot over a midfielder (Ozil) and Striker (Owen) who also got 4. Has anybody else had a defender be the topscorer in a major tournament?

no they are on mixed, I think the goals came from near post headers though

Oh right cool, I used to find my CB scored a lot of headed goals with the corners set to back post. I changed it because it felt like cheating.

I get a fair few goals from defenders knocking them in at the back post from corners...and my corner routine is set to mixed...

That doesn't prove there's not a bug, but it does say goals from defenders are not uncommon whatever the tactic. I would say all this talk about corner bugs is as much imagination as it is past experience on these forums. Any talk of a defender scoring from a corner and a bug is bought up. Conference defending would have a great deal to do with it. The last corner I knocked in had the scorer completely unmarked at the back post. There might be an issue with defenders drifting away, or maybe it's realistic. Just look at Bournemouth's set piece defending this season. :(

My rock of a center half has 6 goals so far this conference season. Just when we need him he pops up with a timely goal.

Not quite the heights of the Euros, and not a leading scorer but I don't think he's any less special for me.

The thread has just brought it to home that this game is just that a game and no realism in sight.

Why? Sorry, but it's a pretty pointless reply to come in and tell everyone there is no realism in FM because of one little thing.

Defenders score goals from corners. They do it often in the real world and that is what they are usually pumped up there for. John Terry is well known for being a problem at corners and he scores goals so it's not inconceivable that he could score 4 goals from corners in one tournament. That's not really a huge number is it? Now if the OP had come on here and said he scored 8 goals then I might starting blinking twice and calling out this game for a bit of a lack of realism, but I think you're a little quick to judge and possibly have an agenda.

I've just won Euro 2012 with my England team, I scored quite a few goals (conceded quite a few as well) throughout the tournament including 4 headed goals from John Terry which won him the Golden Boot over a midfielder (Ozil) and Striker (Owen) who also got 4. Has anybody else had a defender be the topscorer in a major tournament?

How many games did Terry play compared to the other players? Sometimes I've seen players win scoring awards by virtue of playing less games.

The thread has just brought it to home that this game is just that a game and no realism in sight.

calm down sir....

Pffft Michael Mancienne won the top scorer in the FA Cup in my first season as Chelsea manager with 7 goals :D

Lol, if I was managing Chelsea he could count himself lucky with 7 appearances.

I didn't post this as a bug, I was quite happy to see it happen as it provided something a bit different from the norm. He won the award as he only played in 5 games due to suspension for one of them but got 2 in one game. My team scored 16 goals in total which is a fair amount for 6 games so he only got 25% while my strikers between them got 10.

I've not encountered this "bug" yet, my 3 regular centre halves chip in with between 2-6 goals a season each on average (ish) which is probably quite realistic.

Lescott has got 4 goals in his last 6 games for me, 2 with his feet. Kompany has 2 goals in 7 games one with his feet...i dont think its a bug at all.

Archived