Anyone Landed A Job With A Top Team With An Average Manager Reputation?

Just wondering if anyone has managed to land a job at a top club even though you have a pretty average manager reputation. I started out as a Sunday league player and it hasnt increased yet in my current game but ultimately i want to work my way up to manage Man Utd at some stage, would I need to be world class before they even consider me?

At this moment in time would they consider anything other than a world class manager? Then again though ive seen some funny appointments in this game.

I guess thats really the question im asking, has anyone had a shock appointment in the game where they have got a job that they really had no right to get?

I guess thats really the question im asking, has anyone had a shock appointment in the game where they have got a job that they really had no right to get?

Not a shock really, but after managing in the BSS and BSP and 4th tier in Norway (2 months sacking everyone and bankrupting the club :/) 5-6 years in I was hired at Feirense (spelling) Second tier Portugeuse team.

Well I was surpiresd as my reputation went up from Sunday League to regional but in England. So how a 2nd tier Portugeuse team signed me after my application is still a mstery to me.

(if I leave england lower tiers the best I could get was Italy seria C2, French and German 4th tiers)

I'm quite like the guy above, was hired at Droylsden in the BSN (Sunday League rep) to save them from relegation but I failed and resigned as they found out I'd been applying for jobs elsewhere. Starting applying for any job and got offered a job in the Swedish 4th tier with a poor record to my name. Jumped up to regional rep and just started the 2013 season and my rep in Sweden is National and being linked to League 1/2 jobs back in England.

In my current career I have gone from;

Aldershot > Uruguay > Fulham > Real Madrid

I'm not sure what my reputation was at the time, but I got Aldershot up to the Championship, then got relegated, and won League 1 the next season. Then I left for Uruguay, got to a Copa America final and did well in the World cup qualifying, but then had a bad World cup where we didn't get out of the group stage so I quit. When I was looking for jobs I was only getting interest from Championship clubs, until Premiership Fulham gave me a job to save them from relegation. After a couple of seasons I managed to get them into the Champions league. Then I got offered the Real Madrid job after a disasterous run by Rafa Benitez left them mid table.

Looking back at it, they really took a punt on me. But i've won the league 3 times and the Champions league twice in 4 years, so they were wise!

Archived