Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toml86

How would you react if SI advised they wont produce another FM game

There are alot of people that moan about the game...but how would you react if SI ended Football Manager series?...in 2 words i would be absolutely gutted...!

The only time it would end was when it no longer made sense to financially continue to do so. There are rare exclusivity, at highly premium ends of markets where such a thing happens but not in a high volume market. If the customer base is no longer there for FM then FM would no longer be made, even if SEGA no longer published it someone else would pick it up.

im sure people would continue making updates every transfer window so fm11 couldnt die lol

I'd be surprised, but as most people probably would I'd just continue playing FM11.

I wouldn't mind. There is not much more than can really be added before it becomes bloated.

FM11 has been the best one yet (closely followed by FM08) so i'd just keep goin. If it had ended on FM10 there would have been trouble!

Go back to FM07 as being the golden age of football management, that's when the game should have ended after that version.

I'll probably be a little gutted, like when EHM was discontinued..and then stop playing because of its outdatedness :(

They won't end it for a while yet, not while they are making so much money out of us.

Wouldn't matter, there's plenty of other games.

Easy for us to say it wouldn't affect us... but the reality is, if and when it happens... it would be a sad sad day for all the football manager fans...

Easy for us to say it wouldn't affect us... but the reality is, if and when it happens... it would be a sad sad day for all the football manager fans...

But it would live on through the Editor's Hideaway, people will keep making updates.

I would lead a charge to SI towers, hold them all hostage and force them to make the game for us all.......

Who's with me? :p

I would start playing CM1 again then every year i'd go onto the next one, whilst pretending i'd never played it before. Then once i'd got to FM2011 again i'd repeat until my sorry, miserable, pathetic dimise into the afterlife

I must say... if FM2011 were to be the last FM... SI would say goodbye in style! :D

It's a wonderful game, the best of the series, so with the data update it would last for many years.

I would start playing CM1 again then every year i'd go onto the next one, whilst pretending i'd never played it before. Then once i'd got to FM2011 again i'd repeat until my sorry, miserable, pathetic dimise into the afterlife

Lol..

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I would kill a kitten a day until they announce a new Fm in order to save the kittens.

kidnap the dev team one by one and lock them in my basement. pump them full of drugs and possibly lop off one of their feet after rubbishing their early alpha code.

I would start a massive donation campaign right here on the forums.

And I wouldn't steal any of the money.

I'll turn to eidos then. or anyone that will continue this genre.

Blasphemy! :O

Wouldnt bother me that much really, I have a whole collection of FM games to keep me company for the next 50-60 years.

It's going to happen one day- Hopefully not too soon!

When the day comes, I will trailer through all my previous FM's, and relive classic Argyle Squads through the era's- I think FM will be something to show the grandkids, and tell them all about Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney and Arsene Wenger!

I would be gutted, but I think I would just continue playing the last version of the game that they make and hope that internet people can make new databases for each season!!