Same db > different league > diff. player position... Explanation, please?

I don't follow this forum that much, so possibly that I'm asking stupid question with well known answer... I apologize in advance. :)

I'll try to make long story short...

DB/Patch: 11.3

Selected leagues are English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese and Dutch (top 2 divisions for all). Large database with some custom parameters.

After playing few seasons with Liverpool decided to start new game, this time with Chievo. In my Liverpool save, Pacheco was AMC, ST and Danny Wilson was DLC. However, in new game with Chievo I noticed that they are ST and DC, respectively. Scouted them both, however position remained the same.

Started new game (in case I somehow selected wrong DB version) and just before picking a club, I decided to select Liverpool and check out detailed information. Pacheco - AMC, ST; Wilson - DLC. Picked Inter this time - same as with Chievo, ST and DC. Added new manager, but picked Spanish club this time - Pacheco - AMC/ST (he is Spanish), but Wilson is DC.

Would someone be kind to explain me this? I accidentally noticed this for these two players, but probably there are many more similar examples.

Thank you.

Alex

What's the scouting knowledge of Chievo and random Spanish club. It may be a case that they do not have a good view on English players and don't know how their position attributes are distributed. They'd probably know primary position (easy to get) but not neccessarily secondary ones.

screenshot20110521at112.png

^^ Current Chievo scouting knowledge (at least what should be relative for Pacheco, who is Spanish and plays for English club). Wilson is Scottish, but scouting knowledge for Scotland is quite low.

Once again, I scouted them both and scout reports only their primary position - ST and DC.

I'm managing in Germany (3rd tier), and my manager is German with English second nationality, using atributes hidden. I searched Pacheco and Wilson, without scouting them, and they show as ST/AMC and DLC respectively... I have 0% knowledge of Spain or Scotland, and only a 50% knowledge of England (because of my manager's second nationality)

How good was your scout? If he had less than 15 in SPA/SCA or is not at least National reputation, he may not find all details.

To find out for sure, go into the editor and look at Wilson and Pacheco. If they have set numbers in their positions, it is your scout - if they have 0 the positions may be random but I think that if his primary position is set at 20, he will be only a striker/defender every time even though all the other positions are set at 0 (random) so he will probably need to have all positions set at 0 to be a random position guy. Since Wilson is a defender and Pacheco a striker, I find that unlikely.

How good was your scout? If he had less than 15 in SPA/SCA or is not at least National reputation, he may not find all details.

This is the thing I missed... Chievo scouts are quite poor. Hired new scout with decent attributes, sent him to scout Pacheco and Wilson - now it shows AMC/ST and D/LC.

This is completely new to me... I thought that it should always show (complete) player's positions.

Thank you guys for your answers.

No problem, kukibl. Just think of positions as another attribute which often needs to be uncovered. I don't know if they have an impact on CA/PA, aside from weightings issues (i.e. if a player is a defender and forward the weightings for both are taken into account IIRC).

I signed a player who was a DC and when he arrived he was D R/L/C

As for an explanation I am at a bit of a loss really, as the way I understand positions it has nothing to do with scouts - they are fixed.

I signed a player who was a DC and when he arrived he was D R/L/C

As for an explanation I am at a bit of a loss really, as the way I understand positions it has nothing to do with scouts - they are fixed.

If you click on a player you know nothing about (no attributes) it still says his primary position(s). To get to know his secondary positions, you need to scout him. If your player is DC natural, D R/L Accomplished, it is all ok. If he is D RLC natural, I am at a loss too.

Archived