[Challenge]The Rise of Iceland - Difficulty: Hard - Length: Long

This was suggested to me by one of the people I chat to on Steam. Basically your job is to take a 4th tier Icelandic club to continental success. I am currently doing it in my career thread: The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football.

Rules:

• The edit that must be used it the one found here for 11.2 or here for 11.3
  • Tactic discussion is allowed, it is even encouraged!
  • Player naming is allowed, due to the time frame needed to complete this challenge when you get to the end you will probably have a team or regens anyway!
  • No outside programs please.
  • No limits on leagues or players.
  • Sunday League reputation

There are 2 "styles" that I can see to playing this:

1. You go slow like I have, building up a strong financial base then pushing forward

2. Spend as much money as you can and hope the amount you win will cover your costs

It is up to you how you play though.

Good luck to all of those who try, you will probably have to spend well over 20 seasons on this save.

This is a brief overview of what I have achieved in just under 20 years:

Urvalsdeild - 9 times

VISA- Bikar - 9 times

Super Cup - 8 times

Deildbikar - 9 times

EURO Cup - Runners Up once

e3434ea7.jpg

Tindastóll

Taking a part in the challenge. It will be hard and a long journey but got inspired by Flamers and his career thread, what he's done is quite remarkable imo.

I decided to take charge of Tindastóll, whom are in the 3. Deild Karla C Riðill. Think it'll be exiting to progress from there and achieve greater things. Hopefully even win the Champions Cup but thats a long way ahead.

Finances here for those who are interested.

-Bjorgvin

Just looked at your profile and it says 'Automatic' and 'Regional' rep. I have this problem on my game, when I set it to Sunday League past ex it reverts to auto and regional. You have to retire as manager and re-add yourself for it to work as it should.

Think how big Iceland is :p Regional is nothing :) I'm not too fussed, it's not a serious challenge but more of one to give you a challenge. That small difference doesn't count for much when you are 20 odd seasons in.

e3434ea7.jpg

Tindastóll – Season 1

3. Deild Karla – 3rd place

Well. Not the best season in the world, did terrible the first half of the season but got better towards the end when I changed my tactics winning the 2nd placed team 3-1 also i won Breiðablik who play in the top league 5-4 on Penaltys :D

Transfers

Usual free transfers when your in a league like this.

Next Season

Promotion, at least make it into the Playoffs. Getting better players which is basically impossible since the league quality is horrible!

Soz not the biggest writer out there.

e3434ea7.jpg

Tindastóll – Season 2

3. Deild Karla – 1st Place

Good season there, won the league with comfort and only lost one game all season vs Skallagrímur. Didn’t do much in the VISA-Bikar losing In the 2nd round vs Grindavík, but they are in the Úrvalsdeild so not too bothered. The best player was Daníel Viktorsson, he scored 7 in 15, not exactly great but alright I guess. Im quite happy with the promotion and look forward to take part in a league with more than 12 games LOL.

Playoffs

Draw vs the first two team, Einherji and Sindri. Then got a whooping 5-1 win vs KFS that secured me a spot in 2. Deild Karla.

Transfers

Free transfers. no one special, all bad players.

Next Season

Middle-Top Table, Push for promotion. Unlikely but possible

• 2 weeks later...

Strange there aren't so many challenges like this, especially with the dynamic league rep. I just ordered the game and since I have done Iceland in FM09 I won't take this one. I will keep following this one though !

• 4 months later...
e3434ea7.jpg

Tindastóll

Taking a part in the challenge. It will be hard and a long journey but got inspired by Flamers and his career thread, what he's done is quite remarkable imo.

I decided to take charge of Tindastóll, whom are in the 3. Deild Karla C Riðill. Think it'll be exiting to progress from there and achieve greater things. Hopefully even win the Champions Cup but thats a long way ahead.

Finances here for those who are interested.

-Bjorgvin

My actual home town team, they just got promoted to the second highest league in reality.

Archived