Has anyone else suffered such a fall from grace as this?

I started unemployed and got offered the Hereford United job, after winning the league in my first season, i was 4th in league 1 in my 2nd season when i took the Charlton Athletic job, i won league 1 in my 1st season with Carlton and after 2 seasons in the championship i won the league and got promoted to the Premiership, i was 6th in the premiership in my 1st season when i got offered the Atletico Madrid job, i finished 3rd in my 1st season in La Liga then won the league title the next 2 seasons, i also won the champions league twice, Euro Super cup twice, Spanish cup once, spanish super cup twice, club world chamionship twice. I decided half way through the 4th season i wanted to get back into the premiership but wanted one of the big clubs after applying and not getting the jobs at Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal i decided to quit Atletico Madrid and see if that boosts my chances of getting one of the big jobs in future. However after only getting job offers at smaller prem teams in which i turned down i started getting fed up after 2 seasons unemployed and decided to apply for the job at my favourite club Oldham Athletic who had just been relegated to the BSP. I got the job and now after 2 seasons i'm now in League 1. So after leaving Atletico Madrid earning £35,000 a week i went to a non league club earning £550 a week, with a reputation of continental. It has its benefits though it's alot easier to sigh good players in the lower league when i have such a big reputation. Although in my first press conference i was asked how such a top manager has ended up managing at such a low level.

Yeah it's weird because i didn't apply for the Atletico Madrid job, before i was offered it, and was surprised when they did as at that point i'd not won any major trophies, i actually applied for the Arsenal job who turned me down and hired the Atletico Madrid manager, so Atletico then approached me. After the success i'd had i thought it would be a piece of cake to get a job at one of the big English clubs and after been rejected so many times i wondered if it was because i was currently in a job so decided to quit to see what happens, i mean when i was unemployed and applied for the Arsenal job they turned me down and gave the job to Alex Mcleish who hadn't won anything, Liverpool appointed Salcido for his first job in management. Seems weird for those clubs to over look a manager who is out of work with such a history of winning trophies.

I think the reason why i didn't get the Man City or Man Utd job is due to the fact i have Oldham Athletic as my favourite club and on Oldham's information page it has Man City and Man Utd listed as rivals, as when i declared intrest in Arsenal and Liverpool i got a response saying i was one of the front runners for the job, yet with City and Utd they laughed off my intrest.

I think the reason why i didn't get the Man City or Man Utd job is due to the fact i have Oldham Athletic as my favourite club and on Oldham's information page it has Man City and Man Utd listed as rivals, as when i declared intrest in Arsenal and Liverpool i got a response saying i was one of the front runners for the job, yet with City and Utd they laughed off my intrest.

Good spot! One wonders how many others are being "laughed off" because their favourite team is a rival and they don't realise it... lots of people complain about this very thing, and I wonder how much is their own doing?

Good spot! One wonders how many others are being "laughed off" because their favourite team is a rival and they don't realise it... lots of people complain about this very thing, and I wonder how much is their own doing?

Ridiculous programming. It sure stopped Leonardo, didnt it? Or Jose Mourinho?

Ridiculous programming. It sure stopped Leonardo, didnt it? Or Jose Mourinho?

I didn't say that it was 'right' to include it in the game, but it could explain why some people are laughed off for jobs they should reasonably expect to get... if you know the cause then its no longer an issue, imho :)

I didn't say that it was 'right' to include it in the game, but it could explain why some people are laughed off for jobs they should reasonably expect to get... if you know the cause then its no longer an issue, imho :)

Sounds good to me. :)

Archived