Too Many Own-Goals?

Plenty of own goals. They're mostly from goalmouth scrambles sort of things. Like a defender turning to clear the ball and it bounces off his teammate who went for the same ball (got in the way basically).

My own issue at the moment (and it's REALLY winding me up) is whatever amount of shots on target by the opposition is the same amount of goals they'll score in the matches against me... Doesn't have to be CCC, it could be a goal kick and if it's anywhere near my keeper he fluffs it and it's in. I resign myself to the fact he's really bloody useless though but it's grating to say the least...

A lot of the times an own-goal is awarded even if the path of the ball is un-altered. It's limitations of the match engine, I'd say at least 1/3rd of the own goals I see wouldn't be classed as own goals in real life.

A lot of the times an own-goal is awarded even if the path of the ball is un-altered. It's limitations of the match engine, I'd say at least 1/3rd of the own goals I see wouldn't be classed as own goals in real life.

Agreed, many times in reality they are goals which take a slight deflection but where on target anyway. In FM they get automatically registered as an own goal. My new striker scored a scrambled goal in the Europa cup final which was classified as an own goal, but in reality wouldn't have been. The DC tried to block it on the line but it went it anyway.

Agreed, many times in reality they are goals which take a slight deflection but where on target anyway. In FM they get automatically registered as an own goal. My new striker scored a scrambled goal in the Europa cup final which was classified as an own goal, but in reality wouldn't have been. The DC tried to block it on the line but it went it anyway.

I wish that the striker's match rating would reflect that he caused the goal to happen (even if he didn't directly score) in situations like this. I've had it happen where a defender poaches an own goal and my striker's mid/low 6 rating doesn't go up, which kinda sucks.

Archived