[FM11] My Favourite Game

Jason the Yank

Okay, so I'm putting aside the Mali save since rancer890 has tested a USA-Canada expansion and apparently found it stable. :D

Version: 11.3

Edit files: Paul Gerty's 20-team MLS + USA/Canada expansion; Kuwait and Qatar from the "Arab Revolutions" (:D) pack at FM Base. (those 2 are the only Arab files that don't conflict with Paul Gerty's file, so I don't get to use Egypt or Iran, alas; unfortunately, Fury G's Mali file also conflicts, so once again South Africa is the lone African file)

Nationality: American

Playability: 72 leagues from 27 nations (all leagues from nation loaded except where noted):

Africa

South Africa

Asia

Australia

China

India

Kuwait (Arab Revolution pack at FM Base)

Qatar (Arab Revolution pack at FM Base)

South Korea

Europe

Denmark

England (League 2)

France

Germany

Greece

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Sweden

Turkey

Ukraine

North America

Mexico

USA (Paul Gerty's 20-team expansion)

South America

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Uruguay

Season	Club		Nation	League		GP	W	D	L	PTS	FINISH
2011	BK Olympic	SWE	Div. 2 SG	22	6	6	10	24	9TH
2012	BK Olympic	SWE	Div. 2 SG	10	2	2	6	8	(11th, resigned 21 June, 2012)
2012-13	Shillong Lajong	IND	I-League

Season	Club		Nation	Cup		FINISH
2011	BK Olympic	SWE	Swedish Cup	Did not participate
2012	BK Olympic	SWE	Swedish Cup	Did not participate
2012-13	Shillong Lajong	IND	Federation Cup

Club		Nation	GP	W	D	L	HONORS
BK Olympic	SWE	32	8	8	16	None
Shillong Lajong	IND

So the plan was to start in the US, and I delayed acceptance of some offers from the US university system to see what else was out there, and then got one from outside the US that was very intriguing.

The club is BK Olympic, playing in the Swedish Second Division South Gotaland:

BK Olympic is a Swedish football club located in Lindängen which is a residential area of Malmö.

Background

The club was founded in 1920 as IF Olympia. The following year the club was expanded and it was decided to make an application for provisional membership of the Skånes Fotbollförbund (Skåne Football Association). The club changed its name to BK Olympia and it was decided that the club colours should be green and white.

The club was forced to make a further change in 1924 as there was already a club called Olympia in Stockholm. In order to be granted entry into the Swedish Football Association and Swedish Sports Confederation the club became known as Bollklubben Olympic.

Since their foundation BK Olympic has participated mainly in the middle and lower divisions of the Swedish football league system. Their best season was in 1988 when they finished seventh in Division 2, which was then the Swedish second tier. The club currently plays in Division 2 Södra Götaland which is the fourth tier of Swedish football. They play their home matches at the Lindängens IP in Malmö. The pitch measures 110 metres by 67 metres.

BK Olympic are affiliated to the Skånes Fotbollförbund.

-- Wikipedia

It was an interesting offer. 1 year on €110/week. The club had no backroom staff, and all the players were aged 17 and younger, and on youth contracts. I would have a chance to put my stamp on a club right from the start. So I took the deal.

BK_Olympic.png

BK Olympic

Transfer budget: €0

Wage budget: €4,100/week

Current wages: €124/week

Chairman status: Happy to stay

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: €4.00

Average Season Ticket Price: €23.00

Season Ticket Holders: 62

Estimated Value: €22,000

Stadium: Lindangens IP (an incredibly **** ground from the looks of that link :D)

Rent: €2,000/year (really? For that POS? :D)

Capacity: 2000 (200 seated)

Stadium Condition: Good

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Condition: Perfect (must have relaid it since that link was posted)

Corporate Facilities: Fairly basic

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Fairly basic

Affiliated clubs: None

BK_Olympic.png

BK Olympic - Season 2011 Preview

League expectation:

Second Division, South Gotaland: Board - Fight bravely against relegation .... Media - 11th (of 12; relegation)

Cup expectations:

Swedish Cup: Not participating (it looks like Sweden restricts its cup to the top 3 divisions, with a few teams from the Second Division sprinkled in)

Couple managerial moves to tell you about already:

University of Illinois-Chicago HIRE Brian McBride

Akron Summit Assault HIRE Jim Rooney

Gardner-Webb University HIRE Claudio Reyna

Gold Coast United HIRE Roy Keane

Sydney FC HIRE Sam Allardyce

You'd be better off playing in the carpark than on that pitch by the look of it! :D

Good luck in Sweden, you've got a great opportunity to build the club up from the bottom as long as you avoid relegation in the first season :thup:

BK_Olympic.png

BK Olympic - Mid-season 2011 update

Swedish 2nd Division - South Gotaland Well, as you can see the second half of the season is probably going to be squeaky bum time. I've had to spend most of the first half of the season cobbling together a squad of senior players, and the result has been some disjointed performances as we're still not all on the same page. I actually had to leave some empty spaces on the bench early in the season because we couldn't meet the homegrown players (9 of them) requirement. We do well enough against teams that our on our level, but my ass man says we tend to become overawed by teams with higher reputations. Which is pretty much all of them in our division.

Interesting choice for your first job. Good luck on staying up!

I have played at many grounds in the sunday league stuff in England that have much better playing surfaces than that!!

BK_Olympic.png

BK Olympic

Season 2011 Review

Swedish Second Division - South Gotaland: A tale of two runs, really. A miserable 6-match losing run resulted in us slipping into the playout spot. Was especially upset about this as it included a 2-0 home defeat to Nike (who were just in front of us) and a 3-1 away loss to bottom side Solvesborg (who we had smashed 4-0 at home earlier in the season). We managed to stop the rot with a 1-1 away draw against 2nd-placed Klagshamn, then followed that up with a shock 1-0 home win over table-toppers (and eventual champions) Ramiosa Sodra. It was mostly smooth sailing from there as we alternated wins and draws to finish the season on a 3-4-0 run.

Transfers: I kept bringing players in and steadily moving out the YTS players, with our final run coinciding with the poaching of veteran (age 34) Danish right-midfielder Anders Jorgensen from an amateur Danish side. He registered 4 assists in the 8 matches he played, and generally gave us a steady presence on the right side.

Squad: "They're still ******." It was a good final run, but this is a side that could easily succumb to second-season syndrome. Our left back is the captain, but he made a couple of abysmal decisions in matches that flat out cost us points (like, er, passing across our own penalty area. I think the opposing forward who scored on that one probably had eyes as big as saucers). It's a tricky situation where he's the only player in the squad with a decent amount of influence, but he's just not good enough for this level. Yeah, I said "this level."

Finances: Not very good and getting worse. But my tight control over the wages (spending only €935/week from a €4100/week budget) at least means we're not hemorrhaging cash. More of a slow bleed. We averaged only 178 fans (low of 142, high of 278), and that still put us right in the middle of the division (Karlskrona led with 390)

After the season was over, the board offered a 1-year extension on the current €110/week wage. I accepted it. However, the chairman is now willing to listen to offers. Hopefully we're still small time enough that nobody is interested in buying us (and sacking me :D).

BK_Olympic.png

BK Olympic

Season 2012 preview

League expectation

Swedish Second Division - South Gotaland

Board: Attempt to avoid relegation

Bookies: 300-1

Media: 11th (of 12; relegation)

Transfer budget: €0

Wage budget: €1,100/week (cut roughly 75% from last season)

Wage bill: €1,127/week

Season ticket sales: 62 (same as last season)

Transfers: A fairly quiet close season as you can see.

Andre Almstedt-Molnar: Striker/central midfielder .... Age 20 .... Released by Orebro (Allsvenskan) ... Has never appeared in a first-team match. My assistant rates him at 3 stars now, with 3-1/2 star potential. Pretty pacey for this level and has decent finishing ability. He's also competent on the left side of midfield, but I'll probably look to get him up top instead.

Gustav Ohman: Central defender .... Age 18 .... Played 8 matches for Karlskrona (Swedish 2nd Division - SG) last season .... Coaches rate him 2 stars now, with 3-1/2 star potential. Pretty good in the air, but as usual for the players I find, he lacks intelligence on the pitch. I have a decent central defense pairing right now, so I may look to ease him in with reserve matches and starts off the bench with the first team.

Mattias Hildebertzon: Goalkeeper ... Age 19 ... Product of Sollftea (Swedish 2nd Division - N) .... Appeared in 1 match in 3 seasons .... This is more about looking to the future. Probably has the best reflexes and rushing out of any of my goalkeepers, and the supporters were pretty pleased that we signed him. We'll start him off in the reserves and see how he gets on.

It was a busier close season off the pitch. A local businessman bought the club, and the good thing was it only took a few days to conclude. The bad news is I think he did a Glazers, as we now have to start repaying a bank loan at the rate of €550/month until the end of 2016 (the debt is €16,000; the club is worth only €12,000). And there will be no investment from the new chairman. I tried addressing this with pre-season friendlies against Malmo Reserves and Helsingborg Reserves, both of which brought in crowds above 1700, allowing us to eke out a small profit for February (though we posted a loss in March despite the Helsingborg Reserves crowd. Too many friendlies against even more obscure sides drawing 30 or 40 punters)

Managerial changes:

Rangers HIRE Michael Laudrup

West Brom HIRE Christian Ziege

Lanus SACK Carlos Bianchi

Cagliari SACK Roberto Donadoni

Oldham SACK Paul Dickov

Preston SACK Phil Brown

Man City SACK Roberto Mancini

Roma SACK Claudio Ranieri

Doncaster HIRE Phil Brown

Man City HIRE Rafa Benitez

Palermo HIRE Claudio Ranieri

Roma HIRE Martin O'Neill

Besiktas HIRE Steve McClaren

Blackburn HIRE Avram Grant

Eintracht Frankfurt HIRE Martin Jol

West Ham HIRE Dave Jones

Schalke HIRE Frank Rijkaard

Blackpool SACK Ian Holloway

QPR SACK Neil Warnock

Argentinos Juniors HIRE Diego Maradona

QPR HIRE Ian Holloway

Scunthorpe HIRE Nigel Clough

Colchester HIRE Joe Royle

Leicester SACK Sven Goran Eriksson

Salamance HIRE Carlos Bianchi

Hearts HIRE Roy Hodgson

Melbourne Victory HIRE Markus Babbel

Zaragoza SACK Javier Aguirre

Brighton SACK Gus Poyet

BK_Olympic.png

BK Olympic

Exit review - 2012

As suggested by that title, I'm on the move. I had figured it would be another struggle, but I wasn't prepared for just how awful it would be.

We started off well enough, scoring twice in the last 12 minutes to salvage a 2-2 draw at VMA to start the season. But then we laid an egg in the home opener, a 0-4 defeat to Ljungby. We bounced back with a 2-1 win over Karlskrona, scoring both on penalties.

And then the bottom fell out. We picked up only 4 points of a possible 21 in the next 7 matches, scoring ONE goal in that run. And with a 1-0 loss at Bromolla (naturally on a screaming 35-yard free kick) dropping us into the relegation zone, I decided to call it a day and let somebody else take a crack at it.

Season	Club		Nation	League		GP	W	D	L	PTS	FINISH
2011	BK Olympic	SWE	Div. 2 SG	22	6	6	10	24	9TH
2012	BK Olympic	SWE	Div. 2 SG	10	2	2	6	8	(11th, resigned 21 June, 2012)

Season	Club		Nation	Cup		FINISH
2011	BK Olympic	SWE	Swedish Cup	Did not participate
2012	BK Olympic	SWE	Swedish Cup	Did not participate

Club		Nation	GP	W	D	L	HONORS
BK Olympic	SWE	32	8	8	16	None

UEFA_Euro_2012_logo.png

Euro 2012

Group A: 1. Poland, 2. Serbia 3. Russia 4. Israel

Group B: 1. SCotland 2. France 3. Croatia 4. Ukraine

Group C: 1. England 2. Spain 3. Portugal 4. Romania

Group D: 1. Germany 2. Italy 3. Holland 4. Switzerland

Quarterfinal

France 3-2 Poland

Scotland 1-0 Serbia

England 3-1 Italy

Germany 5-1 Spain

Semifinal

Germany 2-0 France

England 6-0 Scotland

Final

Germany 3-0 England

EDIT: And Euro 2020 is awarded to ... Spain

Managerial changes

Burton Albion SACK Paul Peschisolido

Wigan HIRE Alan Shearer

Andria Bat HIRE Paolo Di Canio

Aston Villa SACK Gerard Houllier

Aston Villa HIRE Javier Aguirre

Real Madrid SACK Jose Mourinho

Terek Grozny SACK Ruud Gullit

Pumas HIRE Hugo Sanchez

Real Madrid HIRE Carlo Ancelotti

Chelsea HIRE Louis van Gaal

Bayern Munich HIRE Roberto Mancini

Australia SACK Holger Osieck

Feyenoord HIRE Ruud Gullit

Stirling Albion HIRE Paul Dickov

Casarano HIRE Filippo Inzaghi

Fluminense SACK Dunga

Spain HIRE Pep Guardiola, who RESIGNS Barcelona

July 14, 2012: Currying favor

Having resigned after only about 18 months, I was dreading the possibility of another long wait for job offers. Instead, I had a wealth of options to choose.

I turned down literally a half-dozen offers from clubs in the Portuguese Second Division (still scarred by my UD Serra experience :D), when a very intriguing offer came in.

It was from Shillong Lajong, newly promoted to India's top flight. The offer was for 1 year, on €600/week. I decided this was the place to be, and accepted it.

Transfer Budget: €0

Wage Budget: €4,900/week

Current Player Wages: €815/week

Founded in 1983, Shillong Lajong Football Club are a professional Indian club currently playing in the Indian National Football League. The club play their home games at Jawaharlal Nehru and possess basic training facilities and a very basic youth setup. The club also have a basic youth recruitment network.

With no real competition history of note, Lajong are a club with a trophy cabinet waiting to be filled. Lajong finished runners-up in the Federation Cup in 2009.

Shillong Lajong FC was established in 1983 in Shillong, Meghalaya with the prime objective of improving the diminishing standard of football in the state, and to spot, train and nurture local talent. In the local Khasi language Lajong translates to “our own”[3].

Historically, players from the North-East have had a strong presence in the Indian Football team. Baichung Bhutia, India’s legendary forward and current Indian captain, is a product of this region.

Headquartered in Shillong, a.k.a. “The Scotland of the East”, Lajong has access to the largest student population in the North-East and hence the football talent right from a young age. Lajong is under professional management and has a strong fan base across the North-East, which is being actively developed.

-- Wikipedia

250px-Shillong_Lajong.png

Shillong Lajong - Overview

Founded: 1983

Chairman Status: Enjoying life at the club

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: €1

Average Season Ticket Price: €7

Season Ticket Holders: 4759

Estimated Value: €110,000

Squad Personality: Ultra Professional

Affiliations: Punjab SEB (parent, loan agreement)

Facilities

Name: Jawaharlal Nehru

Capacity: 25,000

Stadium Condition: Average

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Dimensions: Length - 102 m, Width - 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions: Length - 111m, Width - 71m

Pitch Condition: Perfect

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Basic

The crash dump happened to me when loading all leagues agter a few years...the influx on new players and my computer just couldn't handle it after a while. Hope it works out for you. India sounds like an interesting fresh beginning.

Archived