So "Decisions" is more important for creative freedom than "Creativity", right?

So "Creative Freedom" indicates how often and how much a player can deviate from his tactical instructions.

"Creativity," on the other hand, simply increases the amount of tactical options, both good and bad, that an individual player can see.

Therefore, if a player has a high "Creativity" and a mediocre "Decisions" attribute, he will simply have a higher proportion of bad decisions to choose from when given a lot of "Creative Freedom."

Whereas a player with low "Creativity" and a very good "Decisions" attribute will not have many options to choose from but will generally choose the best option when given a lot of "Creative Freedom."

So "Creativity" itself isn't necessarily a good attribute, but can be a very bad attribute to have if you don't have a great "Decisions" attribute.

Whereas a player with a great "Decisions" attribute should generally be given lots of "Creative Freedom" even if his actual "Creativity" is very low.

Am I right here or is there something more positive to "Creativity" that I'm missing?"

All creativity is, is vision about being able to see opportunities. I think that's a good thing to have. Whereas decisions just means how often a player will make the right decisions.

So low C and high D, means he won't see many options, but he'll pick the right ones from what he sees.

And High C and low D means he'll see plenty of choices but usually pick a bad one.

I realise I'm just repeating what you said, but I was just making sense of it. I'd agree that if you're going to give a player creative freedom, decisions is more important. Though obviously with high in both, you've got an amazing palyer on your hands.

Low C and High F = Poor at recognising players in good positions to pass to but will try the unexpected.

High C and Low F = The higher creativity rating means he will be able to 'see' a pass further and wider but he won't try the unexpected very often.

What does the unexpected actually mean? I'm not sure how that ties into decision. If a player has high C and high D, he'll recognize players in good positions and make the right decision. Why is flair needed here? What will it add?

The player needs "magic" on a lack of a better word, Carrick in game has high creativity and low flar if i remember right, meaning he will spot many options on the pitch but doesn't have that little extra bit of ability to do a jaw-dropping defence splitting pass like Iniesta or Xavi for instance.

At least that's the way i see it :)

I think I read somewhere, probably one of Mantralux's posts, that Flair allows a player do the unexpected, therefore allows the player to do things than the opposing players can't anticipate - so against players with high Anticipation, Flair is more important.

Creativity = how quickly a player can pass, and how long that pass is.

Low creativity = "can't see anything that's not right in front of him"

To use creativity in matches, set passing to more direct style.

Decisions = When to clear the ball, when to hit through balls, when to pass safely, when to shoot, when to run with ball etc

Flair = anything the commentator uses superlatives on. Superb passes, amazing long shot, fantastic dribbling raid, brilliant lob on keeper etc

.... if I have understood these things correctly, that is.

You haven't.

Creativity = vision.

Think of creativity as a circle around the player - the higher the creativity, the more of that circle he can see. A high creativity player will be able to see passes that normal players wouldn't.

How quickly they can pass and the length of pass is all determined by first touch, passing, decisions, technique etc

Flair can be thought of as imagination - the ability to THINK of doing things that other players won't be able to anticipate. If you're up against a defense with low anticipation, whack some flair players on and see what happens. In order to actually do those things, they still need technique, passing, dribbling, first touch etc etc etc

Good example of a flair player: Faustino Asprilla - half the time, HE didn't know what he was going to do next so defences had no chance.

You haven't.

Creativity = vision.

Think of creativity as a circle around the player - the higher the creativity, the more of that circle he can see. A high creativity player will be able to see passes that normal players wouldn't.

How quickly they can pass and the length of pass is all determined by first touch, passing, decisions, technique etc

Flair can be thought of as imagination - the ability to THINK of doing things that other players won't be able to anticipate. If you're up against a defense with low anticipation, whack some flair players on and see what happens. In order to actually do those things, they still need technique, passing, dribbling, first touch etc etc etc

Good example of a flair player: Faustino Asprilla - half the time, HE didn't know what he was going to do next so defences had no chance.

I know what Creativity and Flair are in RL terms, man...

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring it up from the grave. Here is my input and I hope to hear more about creative freedom and flair.

Through my observation, Flair in the game is skill. That's like back heel, overhead kick, nutmeg, step overs, curling long shots/passes etc. It's just the skill available to the player. Whether he can execute it successfully depends on his all other stats. Is it the right situation? Is he off balance? Does he have the speed and agility? Is he technically capable to do pull it off accurately? Etc.

Creative freedom from what I observe how often he is allowed to do what he likes, think is best. So that ties in with a lot of the mental attributes. He has to anticipate the situation, his vision, decision making, composure, concentrate on what's going on, etc. Creative freedom will likely make him express his skills, aka flair.

When giving a lot of creative freedom, you will see plays become more variative. While little creative freedom you will see same thing over and over, like a practiced routines.

What I suspect is that the mentallity that you give the player will still dictate his play, like risk taking, safe play only. Even the mentallity you give the player, I suspect is affected by the players decision making. Like if he make the right choice on what is a safe pass or not.

Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You haven't.

Creativity = vision.

This is what I do and I agree. Think it as a range for a playmaker.

Flair=think for what a player can do when outside the area or some situation. His decision can be "dribble everyone" or score with a lob or trying a pass to a semihidden and almost-impossible-to-get player behind the defender. Or if he doesn't have flair, pass back to a defender :)

The usefulness of each statistic in this sense really depends on the opposition. If you're the dominant side, and playing against a deep, compact defence, then low creativity and high decisions is unlikely to be very useful. The player will chose the best option he can see, but is unlikely to see the narrow gaps that the team needs to exploit. In more open games, there is likely to be more space, and therefore more gaps. Low creativity and high decisions in this situation, will still see the player chose the best from a limited set of choices that he can see, but with lots of options available, he will definitely chose a useful option.

Of course, the ideal is to have a balance of the two.

Archived