JP Woody's High Scoring Tactic 11.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

INTRODUCTION

I made a very simple high scoring tactic for the 11.2 patch which proved to be very popular and highly successful. However on the 11.3 patch it didn't work anywhere near as well unfortunately. So ive decided to make a new one for 11.3. Its wide and direct with high tempo. Its been quite amazing on my Spurs save who are romping away in the league after only being predicted to finish 7th (2014).

The players seem to really enjoy playing this system especially my CF Eren Derdiyok who so far has scored an amazing 31 goals in 24 games. Wingers also shine using this as the directness and speed of the system suits them perfectly.

The tactic is also pretty solid at the back and benefits from 2 solid defensive Mfs protecting the back 4 and waiting to quickly counter with pace.

tactici.png

OTHER SCREENSHOTS

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2002/barclayspremierleaguein.png

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/469/barclayspremierleaguest.png

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6614/erenderdiyokprofileattr.png

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3646/fix1n.png

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5232/fix2v.png

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3739/tottenhamhotspurtottenha.png

NEED TO KNOW

Pitch size i would normally say large with the tactic being direct, however testing with Spurs they don't have a very big pitch and the maximum size i could get it was 110 yards long by 73 yards wide and we have been superb at home. So getting your pitch as near to that size would be my recommendation.

Team talks i used my assistant manager most of the time unless he said something we all know is disastrous like "i expect a win" or "pleased" at HT, then i changed it to something more suitable. Try and get a decent assistant though with decent stats in Motivation and Man Management, Determination also if possible.

Patch prep i would just leave to your assistant.

Training i always use default but that's totally up to you.

I used no shouts or opposition instructions.

The tactic is plug and play so use for both home and away, however please give the team time to gel if needed, particularly if you have bought and sold lots of players.

PLAYER STATS GUIDE

GOALKEEPER: Handling, One on ones, Reflexes, Communication.

FULL BACKS: Stamina, Tackling, Marking, Crossing.

CENTRE BACKS: Heading, Strength, Concentration, Anticipation

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS: Strength, Marking, Tackling, Work Rate.

WINGERS: Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Crossing.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER: Creativity, Work Rate, Dribbling, Passing.

ADVANCED FORWARD: Heading, Finishing, Pace, Dribbling.

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK

Hope you enjoy the tactic and have great success with it.

Your feedback would be kindly appreciated.

Good Luck. JP.

Ive started new game with qpr ...Inspired by there Promotion to the EPL ....so i begin my journey now ....Taarabt will be awesome using this tactic :)

Ill update say tomorrow JP with results so far ....

Cheers

Ive started new game with qpr ...Inspired by there Promotion to the EPL ....so i begin my journey now ....Taarabt will be awesome using this tactic :)

Ill update say tomorrow JP with results so far ....

Cheers

Nice one, im using it now in the Champ with Boro and its kicking ass with a pretty weak Boro team, although i do have Driver and Templeton on the wings.

Not working for me so far.

Started a new game as Man Utd so I could properly test the tactic.

Man Utd 2 Utd Res 2

Besiktas 5 Man Utd 3

Galatasaray 2 Utd 1

Man Utd 2 Inverness 1

Man Utd 2 Chelsea 5

Man Utd 0 Arsenal 6

Wolves 3 Man Utd 0

Wigan 2 Man Utd 0

My defence has been ripped apart by incredibly pedestrian players, my strikers cant hit anything, and theres a huge amount of long shots.

What am I doing wrong?

i wouod say give it 10 games to get the tactic working right but even though some of them results are shocking,you will be getting the sack mate unless you switch tactic,with man utd i use mr houghs and can't do no wrong,perhaps lose 1 or so league games a season

Man Utd 2 Utd Res 2

Besiktas 5 Man Utd 3

Galatasaray 2 Utd 1

Man Utd 2 Inverness 1

Man Utd 2 Chelsea 5

Man Utd 0 Arsenal 6

Wolves 3 Man Utd 0

Wigan 2 Man Utd 0

My defence has been ripped apart by incredibly pedestrian players, my strikers cant hit anything, and theres a huge amount of long shots.

What am I doing wrong?

Got a screenshot please? thos results are ridiculous, the worst tactic ever made couldnt top that with Man Utd, and i know for a fact that this tactic isnt as bad as that. Maybe ive got it all wrong and this tactic is *****. Im tempted to start a game with Man Utd myself to see.

Started a new save with Boro:

middlesbroughmiddlesbro.png

npowerfootballleaguechai.png

Started using this tactic with my liverpool save, won away to reading 8-0 follwed by a 5-2 victory over real madrid in the super cup and then a 5-0 victory over newcastle at home. Ive moved the D-mids up to mid though, suits my players better. So far so good

Started using this tactic with my liverpool save, won away to reading 8-0 follwed by a 5-2 victory over real madrid in the super cup and then a 5-0 victory over newcastle at home. Ive moved the D-mids up to mid though, suits my players better. So far so good

Sounds good, both CMs still on defend?

I figured out why I was doing so badly.

I was playing on my laptop and accidentally dragged my goalkeeper into central defence and swapped him with Johnny Evans.

I started again and it is much much better, now unbeaten after 10 games in the league and scoring for fun.

That is why I should go back to stripping out my team between each game.

I figured out why I was doing so badly.

I was playing on my laptop and accidentally dragged my goalkeeper into central defence and swapped him with Johnny Evans.

I started again and it is much much better, now unbeaten after 10 games in the league and scoring for fun.

That is why I should go back to stripping out my team between each game.

Thank god for that. I thought those results seemed crazy lol.

JP - how important is pace for the frontman? Would a more traditional target man not work IE Zigic/Abreu?

I think heading is possibly more important than pace. I've only used it with 2 different forwards, one had good pace and good heading and scored for fun 34 goals in 28 games, the other had no pace but decent heading and finishing he has 10 goals in 9 games so far. I would just try and see what happens. Im still experimenting myself really. One good thing about using the Advanced Forward is virtually any type of forward can play there. Let me know what happens.

Man Utd 2 Utd Res 2

Besiktas 5 Man Utd 3

Galatasaray 2 Utd 1

Man Utd 2 Inverness 1

Man Utd 2 Chelsea 5

Man Utd 0 Arsenal 6

Wolves 3 Man Utd 0

Wigan 2 Man Utd 0

What am I doing wrong?

unlucky o_o

is the only way..

here this tactic is fuc*** brilliant.

Great tactic JP, I am doing wonderfully with Chelsea against pretty much every team when I am at home although I do struggle away from home against the Top Teams. Most of my home games are 3-0 or 4-0 wins yet I have played Man U, Arsenal and Man city all away from home and lost all 3 struggling to even get a grip on the game, any suggestions to what I could do?

Great tactic JP, I am doing wonderfully with Chelsea against pretty much every team when I am at home although I do struggle away from home against the Top Teams. Most of my home games are 3-0 or 4-0 wins yet I have played Man U, Arsenal and Man city all away from home and lost all 3 struggling to even get a grip on the game, any suggestions to what I could do?

How far into your season are you? Have to say with Spurs i drew 0-0 first game against Arsenal and lost 2-1 away to Man Utd but eventually started beating them pretty easily as you can see from my fixture screenshot in the OP. Just continue what your doing, steadily strengthen your team and am sure you will start beating them.

Im at the start of december so not really far in, I guess ive just been unlucky with fixtures, I got all the bigger teams away from home. I just lost 2-1 away to spurs, but my team played alot better and they got a lucky long shot, I will definitely persevere with the tactic because I really like the way it is performing in all other competitions.

Ive finished my Championship season with Boro using this tactic. Won the league comfortably and amazingly won the FA cup too. My two main strikers Matavz and Boyd i rotated regularly and both got a healthy return of goals with Matavz netting 27 goals in 28 games and Kris Boyd scoring 20 in 26. My main AM Zemmama scored 11 and also had 24 asists to his name.

npowerfootballleaguechav.png

liverpoolvmiddlesbrough.png

Been giving this a go in my Hearts save. Changed to the tactic before pre-season for second season (won the league in season 1).

So far it has been mostly great, but the occasional just odd result/performance. I am second in the league, mainly because Rangers are having an amazing season but also because i have drawn 5 games and lost 4 (from 28) which isnt really good enough. Strangely i have the best defensive record in the league, but havent always scored enough.

The flip side has been europe - First time in the CL and i got past Anderlecht in the qualifiers, and then finished top of a group containing AC Milan, CSKA Moskow and Panathiakos (including taking 4pts from Milan!).

May try and tweak slightly for next season, maybe change one DM to an anchor man and look at changing one of the wingers, as too few goals from them.

JP,

Have been struggling to find a tactic that is consistent and solid. My first season in the Prem with Cardiff. Since I switched to your tactic I have had three wins and a draw. Three clean sheets in there too. This is with still trying to reach fluidity and players playing in uncomfortable positions because of the composition of my squad. Looking good so far. I'll report back after 10 games of next season when I get some players in in the right positions.

Thanks.

Hi JP,

Reporting back after ten games of the next season in my Cardiff game.

After being undefeated in the final four games of last season after I adopted you tactic I spent the summer revamping my squad to get suitable players in. It was a total refit. This season I have seven new players in my first XI. Now, I've definitely improved the quality of players but I still think they need to gel fully and the tactic is not quite yet fully blended. Here's what has happened so far:

After ten games I'm in 4th - W:6 D:2 L:2 F:20 A:13

I just beat Liverpool 4-1 at home.

And I have a game in hand which if I win it could take me into 2nd.

Observations: In only one game have I been totally outplayed - Bolton away bizarrely which I duly lost 2-0. The only other game I lost was Spurs at Home - Spurs are top by five points.

Quite often games will be close on shots and on target but I will usually come out on top. This must be due the quality of chances created. I think my squad is decent - I was hoping for a top ten finish. Europe would be an over-achievement.

Will let you know how it pans out across the season.

Oh, I changed my pitch to largest available like you recommended.

Looking good so far.

JP - why is the closing down on 'stand off'? What was the rationale behind this decision?

Counter attacking. Inviting the oppostion into your half before hitting them on the break, its no good closing down high up the pitch if you want to do that.

Been giving this a go in my Hearts save. Changed to the tactic before pre-season for second season (won the league in season 1).

So far it has been mostly great, but the occasional just odd result/performance. I am second in the league, mainly because Rangers are having an amazing season but also because i have drawn 5 games and lost 4 (from 28) which isnt really good enough. Strangely i have the best defensive record in the league, but havent always scored enough.

The flip side has been europe - First time in the CL and i got past Anderlecht in the qualifiers, and then finished top of a group containing AC Milan, CSKA Moskow and Panathiakos (including taking 4pts from Milan!).

May try and tweak slightly for next season, maybe change one DM to an anchor man and look at changing one of the wingers, as too few goals from them.

Im suprised to hear this, every team ive used it with so far has scored for fun.

Hi everyone,

A little further feedback.

Cardiff, second season in the Prem. First full season with this tactic. Max size pitch. Ass Man prematch prep once fully fluid. Followed JP's instructions fully. Plug and Play.

Predicted to finish 15th. With a fully overhauled squad (including seven new first teamers) I would have been happy to finish top ten - I finished 4th with 78pts. 9pts clear of Chelsea in 5th.

Macheda was my striker - he scored 36 in 35(4) appearances. The three AM's did chip in occasionally too - particularly Bothroyd who I played on the left. I suspect this is because he's 6'4" and quite a few of his goals seemed to be headers. He scored 8 in 20.

I did have the occasional blip of course but generally very solid and reliable. Performed well against the top teams too. Quite often (as noted above) shots / on target were often very similar and even when I had fewer than the opposition I usually still came out on top.

Great work JP.

Looking forward to testing it out in the Champions League!

Hi everyone,

A little further feedback.

Cardiff, second season in the Prem. First full season with this tactic. Max size pitch. Ass Man prematch prep once fully fluid. Followed JP's instructions fully. Plug and Play.

Predicted to finish 15th. With a fully overhauled squad (including seven new first teamers) I would have been happy to finish top ten - I finished 4th with 78pts. 9pts clear of Chelsea in 5th.

Macheda was my striker - he scored 36 in 35(4) appearances. The three AM's did chip in occasionally too - particularly Bothroyd who I played on the left. I suspect this is because he's 6'4" and quite a few of his goals seemed to be headers. He scored 8 in 20.

I did have the occasional blip of course but generally very solid and reliable. Performed well against the top teams too. Quite often (as noted above) shots / on target were often very similar and even when I had fewer than the opposition I usually still came out on top.

Great work JP.

Looking forward to testing it out in the Champions League!

Thats amazing. To do that with a newly promoted side and with lots of new signings too is brilliant going. Well done.

JP, i really love your tactics, to me they just feel the most 'real'.

Anyway, because i am spoilt for choice i am going to start a new career game (i intend to go as long as possible on this now) and i am going to combine this tactic with the home and away anti-football tactic not only just to keep the opponent guessing but also because i think i can change in relation to the situation i find myself in - do you think this can work?

One last thing, i would love your Cloughy tactic to work which you released on FMBAse, any chance you could possibly have another go at trying to get that to work, i loved the pass and move aspect it had it just needed to be more solid, i may myself have a go at making a home and away tactic of that.

Using this tactic with Newcastle and have had some promising results (won 5 and drawn 2 out of 7 league games) but I have noticed a couple of annoyances. One being I've noticed loads of times during matches the ball gets passed backwards to one of my DMC's who then just stand still (assuming they're "holding it up") for no reason then get tackled leading to an opponent attack. Other thing is the amount of long shots my players have (have checked PPms and nobody has shoots from distance). I'm just hoping these are bedding in problems and will see them improve once my team get used to the instructions more.

Overall though, good tactic JP :thup:

Small update of my Stalybridge Celtic save. After 27 games, I'm sitting on top of BSN with 19 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses, 10 points ahead of second team. I scored 52 goals (second best in the league) and conceded 21 (lowest in the league). My Striker, Edinho Pattinama, is currently top league goalscorer with 19 goals.

The only bad thing is that stats of my players keep pummelling down (even though they're very low already ;p) because of my terrible coaches and training facilities :/

Screwed over by the injuries of my only capable AMC and my best DMC, so I couldn't use them for second half of season. That, coupled with my keeper playing TERRIBLE, led to some losses and the final league table ended up like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/arghxf.jpg/

Still, considering I was supposed to finish mid-table, it's pretty good. Now just need to win playoffs :)

Just a quick update from Newcastle:

Finished 3rd in the League in the first season! We were highest scorers in the league by miles with 93 scored, Cristian Benitez got 43 in 44 games in all competitions! Really good attacking/goalscoring tactic, just a bit dubious on the defensive side. But I'm hoping that will correct itself as I get better players in at the back.

:thup:

Archived