[FM11] Atlantic Ocean - Mediterranean - North Sea

TIR669

I'm starting a new game and my inspiration will mostly be this thread. This will motivate me to play as I will have the responsibility to write updates every couple of days.

story_maincopy.png

Leagues loaded:

Croatia - my home country, I will probably manage someone here. Seeing that I'm starting unemployed, maybe my first job will be in Croatia. Two leagues loaded.

Netherlands - always loved their country and their football style back in the 60s. Also two leagues loaded.

Portugal - Porto and Benfica are leading, Sporting and Braga are trying and the rest is kinda average. A big challenge to dominate the league in a couple of years. Three leagues.

As I said, I'm starting unemployed with automatic reputation. A small database with around 14k players has been created (0.5* on my rubbish PC, but it can handle it, I'm sure). 11.3. patch

I will post a start and end season major updates and monthly update to show you how I'm doing currently. Cheers.

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

Season 1 - 2010/2011 - Portugese Second Division South

Intro / 1st report

Sport Clube Praiense or shorter, S.C. Praiense, is a semi-proffesional club based in a small municipality Praia da Vitória (Beach of the Victory) the Azores, a long way from the Portugal coast, which can be seen on the image below.

LocationAzores.png

(Azores on the map of Europe)

The clubs' home games are played on Estadio Municipal da Praia da Vitória (capacity: 2500) and the club itself is in a pretty poor shape. No corporate facilities, minimal youth facilities and limited youth recruitment which means no youth prospects in the near future. The only good thing are good training facilities. For a club formed back in 1947, this is their third league season in Second Division. Out of 16 clubs (4 relegated!), MP for S.C.P. is 14th place (relegation). The league runs from September to end of April which means almost five months of rest for the players.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot. I have listed all the staff currently in the club which means I will be posting job adverts all around.

CHAIRMAN Nuno Palma

MANAGER Ivan Matković

The team itself is not so bad, there are some great players and I won't have to bring in 11 key-players. Of course, some of the current first team players will have to leave and I will bring someone in, but nothing extraordinary. These will probably be my key players:

GOALKEEPER

André

DEFENCE

n/a

MIDFIELD

Pedro Neves

Ibraime

Móia

Rafael Couto

ATTACK

Ivo Bastos

Mauro

Andrezinho

As you can see, I have three very good defensive midfielders and strikers so I will probably play a 4-3-1-2. Defence might be a problem and I will mainly search the market for good defenders.

That would be all for an introduction, the next report will bring you a preseason and a transfers update. Cheers.

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

July / 2nd report

With those given players, I could pick 10 out of 11 first team players. My only needed position was another centre back. Of course, if I find a pacey striker or a creative midfielder, I would try to sign him, but my main task was a central defender. Secondary tasks were a right and a left back as them two weren't up to the league standard.

Staffwise, I brought in a assman, fitness coach, physio and a scout. Just to set up a normal training so my players don't lose their skills during the season.

After bringing in the staff, I sold a 19 year old midfielder (he had a high wage and no quality) for €10K (balance before his transfer was €12K) to Liga Orangina (2nd tier) team Santa Clara. I brought in a kinda-pacey striker, 27-year old Márcio before my first match as Praiense manager, a friendly against Santa Clara.

FRI Praiense - Santa Clara 3:0

Just 50 seconds into the match and we were leading 1-0. Ibraime scored from a 20 meters free kick and gave us the lead. Andrezinho doubled it in 21st minute and things looked bad for us when Ibraime was given a red card in 22nd minute, but we managed to recover and score the third goal in second half. Again Andrezinho.

FRI Praiense - SC Vilanovense 8:0

A dominant win for us. Andrezinho scored four goals, he is really playing brilliant. Six goals in two matches, impressive. Vilanovense are a lower league team so anything less than a win would be a dissapointment.

Between Vilanovense and Seixal matches, I had one important decision and one player's let down. The decision was about our home matches field width and length. As I were playing a 4-3-1-2 (3 DMC's), wing attacks weren't important to us so I decided to play on a narrow (106m long, 55m wide) field. Transferwise, Nigerian striker Ikechuckwu chose Real SC (also in our league), not us. His loss.

FRI Praiense - Seixal 5:0

I decided to play 32-year old Brazillian striker Mauro instead of our most valuable player Ivo Bastos as targetman (Bastos played two games and managed to assist one time; AVR 8.05) which proved as a good decision seeing that Mauro scored three minutes into the match. Couto doubled it with a 17th minute goal and Andrezinho scored another hat-trick in the second half. That's 9 goals in 3 matches (3 times MoM!). Player of the year favorite.

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

August / 3rd report

FRI Ermesinde - Praiense 0:7

Andrezinho show for the fourth time in a row. Two goals (6', 8') and an assist for Mauro (37'). Bahia scored another one just before the whistle. Half-Time whistle... Mauro scored his second goal in 70th minute, Bahia did the sam thing four minutes later. Defender Moia also scored in 79th minute to complete a 7-0 victory.

Pedro Ribeiro joined on a free transfer. Ribeiro played for a Liga Orangina (2nd tier) team last season, played for Sporing CP and Académica in his carrer also. This 22 year old striker will play as a targetman (support) alongside Andrezinho.

FRI Praiense - Espinho 3:0

This was the real thing. The big test for us, a game against Second Division Central team (predicted to finish 2nd). A pretty even first half, both teams played equally but Andrezinho managed to score in 46th minute and give us the lead which Leo Bahia (defender) doubled in 61st minute. Rafael Couto scored another one in 71st minute and solved the match really. A massive win for us!

We were given Torreense in Taça de Portugal 1st Round draw at the end of the month. Torreense are also a SD South team like us, only difference is that they're predicted 5th place. The draw could have been better as we could be given a lower league team but hey, we're playing on Estadio Municipal da Praia da Vitória, our home field and we are optimistic.

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

September / 4th report

September 1st - Andrezinho got injured. 3 to 4 weeks of rest for him. That's basically the whole September (minimum three games) without out best player and scorer...

TP1 Praiense - Torreense 0:0(pens)

An extremely boring match in Taça de Portugal (1st round). We did miss two great chances and after the 90th minute whistle the result was 0:0 and the game went to extra time. Ivo Bastos's shot was cleared off the line in 105th minute, leaving us at extra time half time with 60-40 possession, but with 0:0. The game went to penalties. Canoa from Torreense scored for their 0:1 lead. Pedro Neves was our best penalty taker (attribute set at a 'high' 10), he went first and he...missed. Dionisio scored another for Torreense but Gonçalves (our very own Gareth Bale) managed to score for us. 1:2. Chico for Torreense - scored, Osorio for Praiense - scored. Torrao scored for the guests, Rafael Couto kept us in. The potential decider - Tero - missed! He hit the crossbar! Afterwards came Mauro and he scored! We're back - it's 4:4! Marcal scored for them, Ibraime scored for us. And then - Sani for Torreense missed! Ivo Bastos - the man - SCORES! 6:5 at the end and Praiense are through - we deserved it!

After this match I realised that we played six games. We managed to win every one of them, not concede any goals and our goal difference was an impressive 26:0. Even though I said I would bring in a defender, I didn't worry about that position anymore as Paulo Monterio - Leó Bahia gave me confidence.

SDS Madalena - Praiense 0:1

Well, it's looking good. Seven games, no goals conceded. Another game without Andrezinho (1 to 2 weeks left), but we managed to win. Pedro Ribeiro scored the decider goal in 66th minute after a penalty kick. Second place for us.

Meanwhile, the draw for Taça de Portugal 2nd Round was held and we were given Juventude Évora - another Second Division South team. Only this time we were playing away from home. Juventude Évora are sitting 13th after one game played, they lost 4-0 to Louletano and their MP is 13th. We have a chance.

SDS Praiense - Atlético Reguengos 2:1

A fanstastic strike from Pedro Ribeiro in 6th minute gave us the lead, Marcio could have doubled it in 39th minute but he missed, just like four minutes later. Monteiro scored an own goal before half-time and our streak was finished. Marcio managed to score another goal in 85th minute and secured the three points for us. Winning streak is still active: 8 games, 8 wins.

TP2 Juventude Évora - Praiense 2:0

First half was marked by Ruben Trigo. His half-time 6.6 even though he scored an own goal and fouled a player after which the referee pointed to the spot. 2:0 down after first half. We couldn't do anything in second half so it finished 2:0. The ref? Let's say that the FA was silent to my criticism.

SDS Atlético CP - Praiense 1:2

Pedro Ribeiro scored in 25th minute for our 1-0 lead which Rudy from Atletico SP denied with his 57th minute equaliser. Ivo Bastos managed to gave us the lead again after 60 minutes and Andrezinho failed to score and probably finish the game two minutes later. It ended 1:2.

SIstory016.jpg

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

October / 5th report

SDS Praiense - Farense 2:0

Ah, that beautiful, narrow home field in the middle of the Atlantic. Praia da Vitoria is about 1500km west of Portugal coast. That's why I want to make my home field unwinnable for the guests. Rafael Couto gave us the lead in 21st and a penalty in 79th (Pedro Ribeiro scored) for a deserved 2:0 victory against Farense. Four out of four.

SDS Mafra - Praiense 2:0

Twenty minutes into the game and we were down 1:0 after Kifuta's header that ended in our net. Mafra were dominating and we just couldn't create a chance. Tagro doubled their lead in 44th minute and it was over. Andrezinho missed a good chance in the second half and the game ended in our 2:0 loss which suited Oriental - they are leading currently with one point more than us.

SDS Praiense - Casa Pia 1:0

Finally - Andrezinho scored. His first official goal for Praiense in 41st minute. The other interesting event in this match was a red card for Móia and Pauleta (Casa Pia) hitting the bar. We controlled the game and won another three points.

SDS Praiense - Louletano 0:3

Ten minutes into the game and the guests were leading 1:0 after Ben placed the ball into the right corner of Andre's net. Luis 'Gareth' Gonçalves hit the bar in 32nd minute and the punishment for that miss was Quinazs' strike from 25 yards that meant a 0:2 on half-time. Another woodwork was hit in 46th minute, Andrezinhos' strike should have been lower. As it wasn't enough, Bafodé scored another one and made it 0:3. Four shots on target, four goals. Us? 10 shots, 4 on target, 2 woodworks and a clear cut chance. So much for my home field advantage...

SIstory017.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone, you've been a great audience... I'm from Croatia btw and yes, we are on the Adriatic Sea, but many people haven't even heard of it. That's why.

It's often said that Greece is on Mediterranean, even sometimes the east coast of Italy. I don't see why Croatia couldn't be also.

The culture of Croatia can be divided into two cultural circles: Central European and Mediterranean. (Wikipedia)

As I said, many of Croatia cities on or near the coast of the Adriatic were influenced by the Mediterranean culture and have some traditional Mediterranean meals etc.

But please, stop with the corrections. When I started this carrer, I thought I would get some comments. Five days after, two comments that aren't mine. They are yours and you are correcting me about my title. The topic was opened 160 times, not a single comment has been given. I know it's not a bad carrer, I just don't understand WHY aren't people commenting?

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

November / 6th report

SDS Praiense - Carregado 3:1

Even though we were down 1-0 after Ruben Trigo fouled a Carregado striker and the referee pointed to the spot, we managed to recover and score three goals in the second-half. First off there was Andrezinho and his great through ball for the scorer Pedro Ribeiro. In 70th minute Andrezinho scored himself and fifteen minutes later a great lob from Pedro Ribeiro. 3 to 1, Praiense are second after this win.

SDS Operário Açores - Praiense 1:0

Josi scored for the home team seven minutes into the game so it was basically 1-0 from the start... Andrezinho missed a clear cut chance in 20th minute, he's playing pretty average in the league. I guess the friendly games were overachieving unfortunately. No luck in the second half either... Two missed one-on-ones, eight shots off target... We didn't deserve a point, let alone victory. Down to fourth place. One point from the first place, two points from the seventh.

SDS Lago - Praiense 1:2

Away against 10th team, we scored two in two minutes (both by Pedro Ribeiro in 16th and 20th minute) and controlled the game until the end. Their goal before the half-time shaked us up a bit but we managed to win three points. Still sitting fourth though.

SDS Praiense - Juventude Évora 1:1

Mauro gave us the lead after 11 minutes of our domination. We missed another great chance right before the half-time whistle and the hard work payed off for the guests. David Nunez equalised in 57th minute and luckly missed a one-on-one chance in 87th minute. That would have been awful if we lost. No luck against Juventude considering they knocked us out from Taça da Portugal.

SIstory018.jpg

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

December / 7th report

SDS Real SC - Praiense 1:0

Definetely the worst game since I'm the manager of Praiense. Four of our eight shots were from distance, not even close to the target and other four were blocked. We didn't have a real chance against Real SC and one of their two shots on target finished in the net; it was Hugo Rosa that scored in 8th minute. Down to fifth.

SDS Praiense - Pinhalnovense 0:0

Home against league leaders. And we were better. Andrezinho (if he doesn't start scoring, I'm moving him to the subs list) missed a clear cut chance (away team goalkeeper got 7.3), which was our biggest chance of winning. Third game without a win for Praiense.

SDS Torreense - Praiense 3:0

The Real SC match is heaven compared to this game. Five on target, three in. Four of them were CCC so I can't complain. We should have scored at least one goal but as it wouldn't make a difference, I don't really care if it's 3:0 or 3:1. We're playing badly and our reward is eigth place, the lowest since the start.

SDS Praiense - Madalena 1:1

We were looking for a win after four games without one. Home against 16th (MP also 16th place), Madalena lost 12 of their 14 matches (2 draws). After first half, it was 0:0 with only one shot on target. Anti-football. A couple of changes and - voilà. 49th minute and we're off, Ibraime is the scorer. We are in control, Madalena haven't had a highlight since the match started. Pedro Neves hit the bar in 70th minute and just as I was hoping for the second goal from us, Madalena equalised in 78th. I don't understand what the f is going on with my team. How can they be playing that bad? Were we just overachieving and this is our reality or is there something else? Still, we are sitting 6th with three points away from 5th but also three points from 10th place. Torreense (last rounds' 3:0 loss) are 13th now.

SIstory019.jpg

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

January / 9th report

STATS

PLAYED: 17

WON: 8 (47%)

DRAWN: 3 (18%)

LOST: 6 (35%)

FRIENDLY: 5 wins

THE TEAM

GK - André

He played 17 games, conceded 18 goals and didn't concede a goal in 5 games. Average, he will be staying.

DR - Garego

He played only 7 games, but with AVR of 6.83, he will continue to play at right-back position. First choice Rúben Trigo played 14 games and his AVR was 6.51 which is bad for a defender.

DL - Luis 'Gareth' Gonçalves

Best young player until now. 17 games, AVR 6.85, first choice left-back.

DC - Léo Bahia

Second choice central defender is our first choice now. Way better than Paulo Monteiro. AVR 6.82.

DC - Paulo Monteiro

I can't say he played badly, but he did play average, which isn't good considering his attributes. AVR 6.73

DM - Ibraime

Best defensive midfielder with a goal and MOTM award in 17 games. With an average rating of 6.92, he will be staying.

DM - Móia

Nothing special to report. He played in 16 games, assisted 2 times and won MOTM award once. AVR 6.89

DM - Marco Osorio

I will look for a defensive midfielder as Ośorio is a) injured for 3 months and b) less than average player. AVR 6.81

AMC - Rafael Couto

Only one goal and 4 assists from an attacking midfielder (playmaker). That's as low as it gets, I am looking for a replacement. AVR 6.75

ST - Andrezinho

Ten games, 2 goals and 3 assists. Let's compare that to the friendly games; 5 games, 12 goals and 2 assists. If he doesn't get better, he's off. AVR 6.72

ST - Pedro Ribeiro

Best player until now. If it wasn't for him, I would probably have 10 or so points less. Scored 8 in 17 games, AVR 6.99. Key player.

That means I will be looking for a defender, two midfielders (defensive and attacking) and maybe even a striker. Of course, this is the next season team sheet. No major changes will be done during the winter break (15 days or so).

SDS Atlético Reguengos - Praiense 1:2

I tweaked the tactic a bit and started the match searching for a win against 12th placed Atlético Reguengos. It started great; eleven minutes into the game and Paulo Monteiro scored. Alberto equalised in 33rd minute but Ivo Bastos managed to give us another lead in 39th. After Pedro Ribeiro missed a one-on-one in 55th minute, we played more defensively and managed to secure a win away from home.

SDS Praiense - Oriental 0:1

A test for us to see was that last round victory pure luck or can we still be considered promotion fighters. Oriental are sitting 8th with 3 points less than us and we were looking for a win that could launch us to the 4th place. Starting XI is the same like the Atlético match. 0-0 at half-time, Oriental were a lot better unfortunately. Their goal came after our defensive error, Samarra used it and set 0-1 in 51st minute. We didn't stand a chance.

SDS Praiense - Atlético CP 2:3

Home against No.1 on my birthday! A loss would probably leave us out of the promotion battle, a win could bring us back in it. A typical "all or nothing" situation. Unfortunately, it was nothing. Carlitos and Camara scored one each and Atlético had 2:0 after 20 minutes of play. Queiros and Neves scored before half-time to keep us in the game, but Camara scored his second in 71st minute an brought three points with Atlético CP.

SIstory020.jpg

2487.png

Sport Clube Praiense

February / 10th report

SDS Farense - Praiense 2:4

Extremely boring 1st half. Zambujo scores for 1:0. And then it becomes interesting. Five goals in second half. Pedro Ribeiro equalised in 48th minute and Careca gave Farense another lead just a minute later. That was the moment we started playing all out attack. It payed off ten minutes before the end. Pedro Ribeiro in 84th minute, Ivo Bastos in 86th and Pedro Ribeiro once again in 91st minute. A 4:2 win and a rise to 6th place.

SDS Praiense - Mafra 1:3

Pedro Ribeiro scored again and gave us the lead in 21st minute. Alisson managed to equalise in 29th minute and that was the score of the first half. Galego got sent off in 50th minute and that was a sign of our failure in this game. Marcelinho and Alisson scored two in five minutes to set the final score. From 6th, we're down to 7th place now.

SDS Casa Pia - Praiense 1:3

An easy win against the worst team in the league (8 points in 20 games). Moretto scored an own goal in 18th minute and Dani (Casa Pia) equalised in 23rd minute even though we were way better. That paid back in second half when we scored two goals in three minutes. Ibraime and Ivo Bastos brought us three points.

SDS Louletano - Praiense 0:0

We should have won the Louletano match. Three CCC chances in first half but no luck. Pedro Ribeiro, Gonçlaves and Ibraime missed when it was easier to score. Louletano didn't create anything worth of mentioning. We should have won this one.

SIstory021.jpg

You want comeback? I don't have to prove anything to you. I live here and I know more about Croatia than you ever will. And I still don't understand why won't you let it go.

Archived