[FM11] Fm 2011 - On The Move!

brFM2011

This save is currently on hold/delay.

Hello guys, a few of you may have noticed a thread by Lynchy789, called "Fm 2011 - Moving Around?". If not then click here to check it out!

Well this thread is going to be very similar, only with different teams (to begin with at least) + of course, a different manager. ;)

As you can probably guess from the title, this save is one where I will move around different clubs, similar to a journeyman save only I have started with "International Footballer" as my past experience + started at a top club already. It will be easier to get other jobs early on, which suited me + Lynchy789 more.

Manager Name: Ben Rothera

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality: German

D.O.B: 08/02/1995 - Perhaps a little bit too young to manage? Of course in game I am shown as 25

Past Experience: International Footballer.

Playable countries: England, Holland, Germany, Spain, Italy. (All these are to the 2nd Professional League apart from England which is loaded to NPower L2).

I did click "Pick League and Club for me" and ended up with Millwall, however we both agreed I should be a top tier club.

The top tier club was VfB Stuttgart.

As mentioned, I will at some point be moving around, so the contract I signed was a 2 year deal worth £13,250 per week.

I was given a starting transfer budget of £7m with a wage budget of £550k and an expectation of continental qualification through league finish.

The Squad- I hadn't really taken much interest in Stuttgart in real life since about 2006 so I knew little of their team, though a few players in the squad were names I was familiar with.

Defender Mathieu Delpierre was a name I instantly dropped my jaw at, having signed this guy back on a previous managerial game in 2004. Centre back Khalid Boulahrouz was another player that stood out having spent time with Premier League giants Chelsea.

The only other players that I recognised were strikers, Pavel Pogrebnyak + Cacau.

After having a decent look through the squad I was quite happy, especially with my midfield. Versatile players Christian Trasch + Christian Gentner look like they'll be a big part of my plans along with Serbian international Zdravko Kuzmanovic.

My assistant originally spoke of how weak the midfield was, though the only midfield that is weak is out wide.

I will update about any transfers as and when they happen & will update again to let you know how the preseason results went. And then will try to update with posts (bi-monthly game wise).

Enjoy the read :)

Preseason

I accepted the suggested Intra-Squad friendly against my reserves + decided at this point which formation/tactics to use throughout the season, perhaps too early?

Stuttgart 2-0 Stuttgart II

Boulahrouz (58), Tasci (74)

Formation - 4-3-1-2.

We just played good stuff throughout the 90 minutes. 17 Shots with 8 of them on target was good enough for me, I used this for fitness more then anything else. 61% possession was around what I was expecting.

The 2 centre halves were the 2 goal scorers, they looked solid throughout.

Porto 1-1 Stuttgart

Varela (45 +1).

Cacau (50)

Formation - 4-3-1-2

This game was a much bigger test for the 2 centre halves, up against a side like Porto isn't always easy but they coped pretty well, especially Boulahrouz who kept Walter in his pocket. The hosts had 57% of possession which was expected, as they lined up with a 4-3-3 formation and their wide men found space time and time again. Porto did look tired from the start & on another day that space out wide would probably punish us. A big positive is the 2 forward men, Cacau + Marica, they seemed to have formed what looks like a decent partnership early on.

Overall i'm pleased with a draw.

2 days after the Porto game was when my preseason fixture list got congested, 4 games in 7 days would prove a test, although not for me personally. I left my assistant in charge of the remaining friendlies & decided that I would have Stuttgart II + the U 19's playing with the same tactics as myself.

The remaining Preseason results are below, with the goalscorers visible.

vfbfixtures.png

And the competitive matches started..

We were drawn against Slovenian side Gorica in the EURO Cup 3rd Qualifying Round.

EC 3rd Qual. Rnd 1st leg

Gorica 0-1 Stuttgart - 29/7/2010

Marica (22)

We always looked like the team to win the game, although Gorica did have quite a few chances theirselves. Ciprian Marica impressed in Preseason + continues to do so with a goal to give us an away goal incase an upset happens in Germany.

Moussa Sissoko signs a 4 year deal from Toulouse FC for £15m + add ons.

EC 3rd Qual. Rnd 2nd leg

Stuttgart 6-0 Gorica - 5/8/2010

Elson (9), Marica (13), Sissoko (40, 48, pen 54), Gentner (65). Crnigoj sent off (22)

The return leg was televised, I still haven't decided weather it was because we were expected to dominate, or for a potential upset after a narrow first leg win. New signing Sissoko was amazing. He scored a quick hat-trick with the first 2 goals coming from outside the penalty area. The extra man did help although we were already 3 up on aggregate. Pleased with Marica once again scoring.

Gael Nlundulu signs on a 3 year deal for a free transfer.

German Cup 1st Rnd

Sandhausen 0-1 Stuttgart - 14/8/2010

Elson (17)

Honestly, the game wasn't at all close. 25 shots but only 6 on target. Serdar Tasci at the back had another solid game + with Delpierre on the injury list, central defence is looking solid.

In the EURO Cup 4th Qualifying Round, we drew NK Dinamo from Croatia.

EC 4th Qual. Rnd 1st leg

Stuttgart 1-3 Dinamo - 19/8/2010

Funk (pen 42).

Rukavina (23), Zielger o.g (31), Boulahrouz o.g (67)

I was dissapointed at the loss, more because we didn't deserve it. Possession and statistics mean nothing without a result.

Bundesliga

FC Bayern 3-0 Stuttgart - 22/8/2010

Klose (7), Badstuber (31), Boulahrouz o.g (52)

I lined up with a very defensive outlet for a reason, I expected to lose this game and confidence was already low so I altered the tactics to make them more suitable for wearing the opposition down. In truth, it completely failed. I was going to play my kids but my tireless side seem to be happy playing games every few days.

EC 4th Qual. Rnd 2nd leg

Dinamo 2-2 Stuttgart - 26/8/2010

Rukavina (34), Tomecak (88).

Marica (pen 69, 82)

When they scored I just felt sorry for the traveling support. Being 4-1 down on aggregate seemed almost impossible to come back, especially with few players having off days + playing nervous. We managed to pull it back and their goalkeeper made some great saves to keep them in it at 4-3, unfortunately they countered after we failed to make our chances pay. The Board seem very unhappy, as am I with exiting the EC without at least making the group stages.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 1-3 Werder Bremen - 29/8/2010

Elson (28).

Borrowski (23), Pizarro (54), Silvestre (57)

We had twice as many shots as Werder, more possession too.. but we can't defend set pieces. All 3 goals were from set pieces, one of which they took from the half way line. Definitely going to have to improve on this if we are to get anywhere close to top 6 in the league.

The transfer window has now closed, + September is a month full of winnable league games.

Bundesliga

Kaiserslautern 1-2 Stuttgart - 11/9/2010

Rivic (6).

Audel (39), Gebhart (90+2)

We probably just about deserved to win, was delighted when Gebhart's diving header found the back of the net. A huge 3 points for die roten.

First choice left back Molinaro picked up a damaged achilles tendon in this game.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 3-1 Gladbach - 18.9.2010

Elson (20), Funk (pen 27), Marica (31).

Marx (65)

We literally destroyed them in the first half, it was their subs that had the second half impact to try get back into the game. Elson scored a beautiful long range free kick which was worth noting.

Bundesliga

St. Pauli 0-2 Stuttgart - 21/9/2010

Marica (60, 85)

A good win against strugglers St. Pauli, Marica did well to score twice and is already making a name for himself as a deadly goalscorer in the league.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 1-1 Leverkusen - 25/9/2010

Boulahrouz (25).

Derdiyok (73)

This was the only exception to "the month full of winnable games". Leverkusen were sat top of the table looking comfortable all over the pitch, but the home advantage came in handy. Boulahrouz scored, against the opposition this time, which really knocked Leverkusen's pressure early on. We more than matched them but a draw was the right result, and in our case, a good one.

Bundesliga

Schalke 0-0 Stuttgart - 2/10/2010

Before the game I would have accepted a draw, despite Schalke underperforming in the league. We outplayed them almost everywhere but they were always threatening with the ball, when they had it anyway. 61% possession was a credit to the 3 man midfield. Their 2 centre halves got well deserved match ratings, working tirelessly, especially Christoph Metzelder who played most of the game carrying an injury.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 2-0 Mainz - 17/10/2010

Marica (25), Audel (48).

Gentner sent off (29).

Mainz were 2nd in the league at this point, so any form of result would be seen as a good one. I wanted the home advantage to benefit us just like the Levekusen game. Going 1 up through Marica was a relief as young goalkeeper Ulreich had been performing well of late in goal, I was feeling more confident of keeping a clean sheet then scoring being honest. Gentner's red changed the mood instantly, but Mainz couldn't make the 15 minutes of pressure in the first half count. Audel's early second half goal just instantly sealed 3 points, the Mainz side looked wound up and couldn't even get ahold of the ball despite having an extra man on the field. On top of that I was forced into taking off Trasch and Boulahrouz due to injuries, so the win showed we can play even in difficult circumstances.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 4-2 Hoffenheim - 23/10/2010

Delpierre (29), Rudy o.g (57), Pogrebnyak (69, 90+2).

Weis (5, 33)

After our recently solid defence I was annoyed to concede 2 goals at home, more so because our talisman Marica had such an off day. We were 2-1 down at the break and needed more then an encouraging team talk to turn things around. I was planning on bringing on Pogrebnyak because of his power to put more pressure on their weak defence, just before the sub was made we got that little bit of luck we needed in a Rudy o.g. Pogrebnyak who hadn't done too much in terms of finding the net, did what I wanted him to and opened up space for Audel aswell as making the most of Marica's poor performance with scoring 2 important goals. Pavel not only sealed the win for us but staked a claim to making the starting 11.

German Cup 2nd Rnd

Wolfsburg 1-2 Stuttgart - 27/10/2010

Cicero (pen 86).

Kuzmanovic (11), Niedermeier (16)

I watched Wolfsburg play Leverkusen in the league a few days before, & they showed they still had great quality despite being mid-table in the league. They rested a few players & after I decided to play a full strength side(the best I could that is) I was glad to be through to the 3rd round. We were apparently "fortunate" to win, but the defence + midfield worked hard to ensure victory.

Bundesliga

Nurnberg 2-2 Stuttgart - 30/10/2010

Silva (25), Simmons (pen 61).

Kuzmanovic (8), Cacau (83).

Marica missed penalty (90)

After our good form I was really looking to 3 points, I watched their side in the cup as they were humiliated by 2 wonder strikes from 2nd tier side Bochum. They must have had a stern telling after the cup shock as they were a different team against us. They matched us and were leading until 10 minutes to go when super-sub Cacau scored a late equalizer. The leveler wasn't enough for me as I stuck with more attacking tactics for the remaining minutes + was rewarded with a penalty kick. Up stepped Marica who had previously been playing nervously in his last few games. I did have a bad feeling as this wasn't our game at all. The feeling was right as he blazed over to give Nurnberg a good point.

With injuries to key players early on in the season, I am delighted to say the Nurnberg draw is now the 8th league game unbeaten, 9 in all competitions. The lads are gelling together aswell as getting used to the formation which is good to see as I do think we have the strongest central midfield in the division. (squad wise, not starting line up)

Our defence is yet to re-introduce Molinaro + Tasci so i'm glad we've managed to keep a few clean sheets.

After a fairly poor start to the season, exiting the EC and losing our 2 opening games in the league, the run is only encouraging as to what we can do, and we are yet to be at our best.

The league table.

germanfirstdivisioninfoj.png

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 0-0 Frankfurt - 6/11/2010

We probably should have won the game given the amount of chances we created. 18 attempts on goal in total, although only 6 on target I still feel we should of taken at least a few of our chances. 3 of their back 4 were on form, surprisingly captain Chris was the one who went missing.

The first job I have been linked with, Martin O'Neill went on to fill Renieri's shoes.

renieri.png

Bundesliga

Wolfsburg 1-2 Stuttgart - 13/11/2010

Mandzukic (72).

Funk (pen 19), Gentner (87)

Ralf Rangnick thought he could play mind games with me, he will think twice after we beat his Wolfsburg side at the Volkswagen-Arena for the second time this season. The game was even but we showed we wanted it more, the downside was the 58% possession they had.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 3-0 HSV - 20/11/2010

Audel (14, 45), Sissoko (88)

Just like the Wolfsburg game, this was pretty close. This game however, wasn't on TV but it should have been with end-to-end stuff producing 35 shots in total. HSV off of the ball looked a completely different side to when they actually had it. With, they were able to threaten our goal though their players weren't having the best game. Without they looked confused and we punished them for that.

Bundesliga

Koln 1-0 Stuttgart - 27/11/2010

Podolski (60)

This was a result that hurt considering I don't think anybody was expecting it. We had been in fine form and most of the team let themselves down in the first half. The second half was much better though a few individual performances were still only average at best. We put pressure on them with 8 of our 16 shots hitting the target, luckily for Koln, ex Bayern goalkeeper Michael Rensing was on form.

This loss ends our 12 match unbeaten run, 11 coming in the league. Confidence + morale around the squad still remains positive.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 1-3 Dortmund - 5/12/2010

Audel (76).

Blaszczykowski (10), Barrios (35, 60)

We didn't turn up except for the last 20 minutes, if we had of at least gave it a good go then I could have no complaints. However that wasn't the case, Dortmund had a lot of possession early on because we just misplaced passes. We had 15 shots in all, a fair few coming in the last 20 minutes, only 3 of the 15 however were on target which tells the story. Audel's goal was deserved as we pushed for one late on but for us to take anything out of the game would have been unfair on the team joint top of the table.

Bundesliga

Freiburg 1-2 Stuttgart - 12/12/2010

Rosenthal (83).

Delpierre (44), Audel (58)

This game was massive for Freiburg, they sat 2nd bottom in the league and had local rivalry at stake. The game to us was actually quite important, we had lost our last 2 and even though the rivalry side doesn't seem that big for us, we couldn't just gift Freiburg 3 points and the bragging rights. We were under immense pressure during the first half an hour. Our captain Trasch was already having 'an excellent game', & the German Hargreaves, playing at right back, was stopping everything coming his way in brilliant fashion. The goal just before half time was important as it gave the players the confidence boost they needed after 2 poor results. All in all, a vital 3 points.

Bundesliga

Stuttgart 2-2 Hannover - 18/12/2010

Elson (28), Tasci (59).

Stindi (11), Forssell (76).

Molinaro sent off (20)

Our home attendance had slightly dropped, which was a small concern. We were 1 down and then Molinaro had to get himself a red. Luckily for us, we had been in this position before at home to Mainz. The only thing Hannover had was possession & of course the extra man, everything else in the game was even. A draw is acceptable to say we had 10 men for 70 + minutes.

We are looking like Real Madrid in real life, been able to play with 10 men n' all ;)

German Cup 3rd Rnd

Mainz 1-4 Stuttgart - 21/12/2010

Allagui (2).

Audel (49), Marica (54, 57), Gentner (80)

Our last game of 2010, what a thrilling one it was.. if you stayed for the second half that is. We started positively but conceded on the counter. The whistle for half time was a soothing one to say the least.

Lucky for me, the lads responded to a telling at half time and thrashed Mainz. Audel really was the star of the show, setting up Marica for 2 goals, his first in over 10 hours, also grabbing one himself.

A huge turn around which has improved the confidence of a few individuals.

Here is the league table

germanfirstdivisioninfo.png

The table is starting to shape up. I still consider us within a chance of the title, our 2 next games shall decide that though.

Bayern Munchen are in town before we travel to Bremen. We will stay in Bremen regardless of the result as 3 days after the league fixture, we play them once more in the German Cup Quarter Final.

The January transfer window.. is now open!

Slipped down the table and 7th doesn't look too good until you focus more on the points.

The top of the table is tight, and 1 or 2 games could see you jump from 7th to the top 4. Steady away, and you'll be comfortably in those European spots :D

Archived