FM 2012 Idea

Hey guys, avid FM fan here with hopefully what you think is a great idea??

I love FM but the lack of financial freedom drives me crazy! As a man utd manager I long for the day where I could increase capacity AND ticket prices to try and clear some of the glazers debt!

To have totally financial freedom with tickets, etc would be amazing! To have the option to return left over transfer funds to the board in order to clear debt would be gOod too!

I welcome your thoughts

balancing the books is very far away from a manager's responsibility.

As for transfers, as long as you don't use the money it will still be available to the club.

I believe the AI should be smarter with the handling of loans, however.

Well as a Man Utd fan, I can tell you that if anything, OT is way to easy to increase capacity to 100k. At the end of the first season I always get a 16k increase and then a smaller increase a few seasons later. But we all know this wont be happening IRL any time soon because of the planning permission issues with the railway.

As for clearing the debt early, it cant really be done. Well it could but IRL you would incur extra charges for breaking the terms of the loan. So you would end up paying more back just to cut the loan short. But if the club is easily making the payments and it has no bearing of the future stability of the club, the is absolutely no point from a business point of view to pay more than you need to. Just ride out the 6 years, make sure your still successful on the pitch and everything will be fine. Especially when you get the new kit sponsorship around 2013 :thup:

Well as a Man Utd fan, I can tell you that if anything, OT is way to easy to increase capacity to 100k. At the end of the first season I always get a 16k increase and then a smaller increase a few seasons later. But we all know this wont be happening IRL any time soon because of the planning permission issues with the railway.

As for clearing the debt early, it cant really be done. Well it could but IRL you would incur extra charges for breaking the terms of the loan. So you would end up paying more back just to cut the loan short. But if the club is easily making the payments and it has no bearing of the future stability of the club, the is absolutely no point from a business point of view to pay more than you need to. Just ride out the 6 years, make sure your still successful on the pitch and everything will be fine. Especially when you get the new kit sponsorship around 2013 :thup:

Not sure i agree with this (irl ). When takeovers happen debts are cleared. If you want to pay off your mortgage quicker than initially signed up for the bank don't charge you double. Anyway implementing in game i suppose would be a problem but it's annoying to not be able to get rid of that debt when you have loads in the bank.

Hey guys, avid FM fan here with hopefully what you think is a great idea??

I love FM but the lack of financial freedom drives me crazy! As a man utd manager I long for the day where I could increase capacity AND ticket prices to try and clear some of the glazers debt!

To have totally financial freedom with tickets, etc would be amazing! To have the option to return left over transfer funds to the board in order to clear debt would be gOod too!

I welcome your thoughts

As much as I can't deny this sort of freedom would be great, the game is meant to be as realistic as possible and this wouldn't be realistic, tickets and other financial stuff is the job of the club secretaries, directors and chairmen of the footballing world and never will have anything to do with the manager of the football club, perhaps this sort of thing could be added to the Boardroom requests but no more than that I'm afraid as that wouldn't be realistic for a football manager game.

Not sure i agree with this (irl ). When takeovers happen debts are cleared. If you want to pay off your mortgage quicker than initially signed up for the bank don't charge you double. Anyway implementing in game i suppose would be a problem but it's annoying to not be able to get rid of that debt when you have loads in the bank.

I never said they charge you double. I said you get a charge for breaking the terms of the loan. From a business point of view, if they are making the payments and its not effecting the day to day running of the club or the future stability of the club, why would they pay more than they need to by getting rid of it early?

Archived