How To Play FM07: Tactical Design and Management Strategy

This is an excellent post.

As an FM player who has never really got to grips with the game this is has given me hope. I recently took a break from playing as the frustration was getting to me but the early implementation of this thread is proving very promising for my PSG squad.

Still can't get the finances to work in my favour but this will hopefully come now I have gained a better in sight into tactics or should I say winning tactics.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant. Playing Hartlepool and generally inferior squad to the top third of the Prem, but using these concepts has put me in 7th and rising about 1/3 in. I play a 442D. One note: you really need good DCs with pace over 15.

I was on the ledge not being able to score and then found this. Having read just about everything that WWFAN has opined on here (and Cleon, and Millie, and Diaby, and so on), I would say that reading this post brought it all together. I hope!

Indeed, I have combined these tactics (with lessons key lessons picked up from Abramovic - WWFAN has it linked at "Insights into AI manager's strategy in his post) to great success. If this keeps up, I will try to post them in more detail. Generally speaking, the synthesis has taken me from micro managing tactics to more slider apathy with some key individual tweaks. (The hints and tips guide does tell you to KISS!)

A few questions/observations:

1. When you are Home and playing against a superior or far superior team, it is very risky business to play the Attack or Control formation. Even if the opposition start the match in counter attack, I would still play nothing more advanced than Possession. If you are playing a monster, disregard and attack!

Ex. Liverpool came in playing counter, I attacked, changed at 35th minute after being outshot 10-1 down 0-1 and fought back for 1-1 draw. Outshot 16-8, but second half was much better in Possession and later Counter formation. Lesson for me: Don't attack Gerard unless you are Rooney!

2. Against a side that does not play a 442, I get a bit confused:

A. Chelsea: My instinct is that they always attack with that High Striker, AM L/R crap. So, I would be inclined to almost always Counter against them. Thoughts?

B. What about a 41212 like Blackburn's where the only arrows are sarrows for the forwards? It said they counter, so I tried attacking them on the road...big mistake (might have just been the Away aspect.) Possession calmed my team down and then Counter after drawing level kept it even. Any thoughts on how to read what they are doing?

Thanks, WWFAN. Great posts always and fun to read.

Heywood Jablome

I seem to have trouble with Braintree in Conference South with these tactics. Home is especially bad. Is it just because Braintree are awful or is this tactic untested in LLM?

Or maybe it just takes awhile to get used to it? I found at home with attacking i just seem to get outclassed by better teams. They usually take an early goal and I panic and start changing tactics.

Away I do well with counter, but usually struggle with possession even when i'm favorites.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluenose1:

Justfied - i like the idea of using rafa's 4231 but with this framework - is it working across the board or just away games?

also would it be possible to outline the exact shape you play as there are many variations of the 4231 i.e. 4def 2cm 1amr 1aml 1amc and 1striker (and any arrows etc)

- i used to have a 4231 with sarrows on the outside amc's and barrows on the cm's which worked wonders - cant get it goin on this one though!!

ps - good work wwfan but i want to be more continental than just 442 cos everyone plays it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It works at home as well according to some people that have tried it. I have 2 DMC's with split mentality and then AMC and FC with MR/ML's with farrows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i had 2 du this:

wwfan what patch are these for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of them, as far as I'm aware. These theories have been tested quite extensively, and are an evolution of previous ideas.

Don't pay too much attention to the patches affecting tactics. A good solid tactic does not get rendered completely obsolete over night by a few match engine tweaks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by American_Dude_0:

I seem to have trouble with Braintree in Conference South with these tactics. Home is especially bad. Is it just because Braintree are awful or is this tactic untested in LLM?

Or maybe it just takes awhile to get used to it? I found at home with attacking i just seem to get outclassed by better teams. They usually take an early goal and I panic and start changing tactics.

Away I do well with counter, but usually struggle with possession even when i'm favorites. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These tactic seemed to work fine for me with Welling in the CS. I actually managed to win the league in the first season although I think Braintree do have a weaker squad.

You might need to make a few adjustments such as playing a more direct style and a higher tempo for this low level.

So far these tactics are not as succesful in the Conference where it seems far more important to have a pacy defence. But for the CS with a few tweaks they should be fine.

i really enjoyed it .. thanks a lot for it !

but

1) how can i make first touch football ?

3) my 2nd favourtie tactic is 5-2-3 !

3 CB / 2 WB / 2 CM / 3 SC

but nearly ended with success and I don't now why !

can anyone help me to set better team intsructions for it ? icon_smile.gif

I have a question with these tactics. I have not changed them only downloaded them and used them for 6 friendlies and I am noticing a trend that I need help with.

For example here is the 442 Counter tactic. The three players highlighted, is the area of question. I am under the impression that the ML and MC feed the ball to the FC.

Team Tactic 442 Counter

FC: Stefan Yrukov

Individual Instruction

As you can see he has great heading and jumping attributes, as the slow, fat target Man. Unfortunately, he only has 1 assist in the first six friendlies and does not seem to be in many players (Watched all six games on Full Match).

Reading wwfan's other threads, I am under the impression that the ML is suppose to feed the ball the FC so he score.

ML: Deyan Pavlov

Individual Instruction

MC: Petar Kolev

Individual Instruction

As I said, these are the downloaded tactics, and I have not made any changes. If anyone can offer any insight to a new player, on what either my players are missing in terms of abilities or something, please let me know. Thanks for any help.

so, if you are watching a game and always looking to adjust, how fast do you put the highlights slider? it seems like they'd have to be on really low settings, but then wouldn't that mean each game would take a really long time to complete? since i found these TTF threads I have tried to watch my games in 'full' compared on only 'key' moments, and i've played them at the fastest speed, but i haven't been able to see much besides a bunch of frustrating\boring play. i think to really be able to read the AI and adjust my tactics accordingly, i'd have to watch it really slow, but that must take a really long time(like over 20 minutes per match?), and that doesn't really interest me as viewing the games at a high speed isnt the slightest bit interesting either.

is that viewing method the only way to actually achieve consistent success? that seems way too time consuming and not very fun... but maybe thats the way this game is supposed to be played?

@ American_Dude_0: They are evolutions of LLM tactics (I always start in the Conf N/S). For LLM sets I suggest you go here.

@ Spurs_Q8: One touch football = high tempo, short passing. Can't really help on team instructions as I'm not quite sure what you are looking for.

@ SunDevil: You will probably have to change instructions a little to best set up a TM. Try here. Likewise, maybe some of the instructions have too much CF for LLM and the tactics linked to above may be better.

@ ucdawg12 :Highlights slider: Extended and halfway between mid and fast. You can best tell what style of play your opponents are using from formation and opposition closing down, and from match stats whether you are doing well or not.

@ Justified: Glad you have succeeded designing other formations. Haven't had the time/need myself.

Hi wwfan, your tactical sets are working wonders for me although i have to tweak a lot every match.

I am currently playing with Treviso in the italian serie B and i just had an away match against Genoa. I lost 4-0.

The big problem which i just couldnt overcome was that they were playing a 3-4-3 with Side arrows on the two wide strikers. I just didnt know what they were getting at so i kept tweaking like mad which just made things worse.

What mentality do you think they were playing?

WWFan:

How I have to play when I play:

Home:

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

The Flat 4-4-2

Against Other Formations:

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation

Away:

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

The Flat 4-4-2

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

Default (Final):

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

The Flat 4-4-2

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EA_mon_hello2:

Hi wwfan, your tactical sets are working wonders for me although i have to tweak a lot every match.

I am currently playing with Treviso in the italian serie B and i just had an away match against Genoa. I lost 4-0.

The big problem which i just couldnt overcome was that they were playing a 3-4-3 with Side arrows on the two wide strikers. I just didnt know what they were getting at so i kept tweaking like mad which just made things worse.

What mentality do you think they were playing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had exactly the same problem with my Juventus game in Serie B. There are a few teams in that division that seem to play the 3-4-3 with side arrow strikers. All I did was play the attacking or control because I was always the favourite to win, but would be interesting to play against that system as the underdog.

I found this set great for the casual gamer like me. Thinking of trying them with a small club now. My 1st season with Juventus is almost finished, I'm one win away from Serie B title but my board's offer of a new contract is rubbish, so might leave and head back to Serie B and defend my title icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again WWfan icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmmY:

WWFan:

How I have to play when I play:

Home:

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow: Attack

Teams With Short Farrow: Attack

Teams Without Farrow: Control

The Flat 4-4-2: Control

Teams With Long Farrow: Attack

Teams With Short Farrow: Attack

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation: Control

Away:

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow: Possession/Counter

Teams With Short Farrow: Possession/Counter/Attack

Teams With Long Farrow: Same as Above

Teams With Short Farrow: Same as Above

Teams Without Farrow: Same as Above

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation: Same as Above

Default (Final):

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow: Attack/Possession/Counter

Teams With Short Farrow: Attack/Possession

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation: Counter/Defend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ EA_mon_hello2: I wouldn't recommend them for LLM. Too much CF. The RoO TTF thread has the tactics I was using for lower league teams.

Thanks for the help WWFan. Downloaded your tactics for Sheff Utd, and it's working a charm. Well it is for now. I tweaked it a bit to suit my players. I won all of my friendlys. I have 13 days till my first league game, so I though what the heck! And decided to play Juventus... away. And I must you've impressed me. I lost 1-0, but it wasn't for my goalie coming outside the penalty area for some reason, I might've got the draw or win. I limited them to three shots, only one on target, and I had around 58% possesion. So to all you people that thinks the AI cheats, you've been proved wrong.

PS I played them again 5 days later, and won this time 2-0, both from the mighty Eddie Johnson. Now I'm worried that my plyers will be tireed before my Tottenham match!

WWFAN I need some help.

I have been using your tactics to nice success with Hartlepool in the Prem, but I cant seem to touch Man U. Just tried playing same game in FA cup Away and I have been whipped 3 straight times 5-0, 4-0, 4-0. First game I tried to Attack...that was clearly silly. Second and third I countered. I did increase tempo and passing b/c they were all over me. But they use short farrows. Is it my tactics or is my team just not good enough? Any insite/suggestions would be appreciated.

Jimenez Eastwood

M. Ritchie Hughes Hleb Jenas

Wome' Radoi Kargbo Fitz Hall

Damari

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jablome:

WWFAN I need some help.

I have been using your tactics to nice success with Hartlepool in the Prem, but I cant seem to touch Man U. Just tried playing same game in FA cup Away and I have been whipped 3 straight times 5-0, 4-0, 4-0. First game I tried to Attack...that was clearly silly. Second and third I countered. I did increase tempo and passing b/c they were all over me. But they use short farrows. Is it my tactics or is my team just not good enough? Any insite/suggestions would be appreciated.

Jimenez Eastwood

Damari </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the pre-match odds? If they are heavy favourites I'd recommend Defend.

Hi. I have a question for wwfan or anybody else that can help!

I have been testing defend and counter a lot the last days against a team better than me( but not so better) , that played 3-5-2 (flat 2 strikers,flat 5 at midfield,2 dc's and a sweeper) . My formation is 4-5-1 with a dmc an short farrows at mr/l. I played the same game about 25-30 times . I did everything as wwfan proposes when defending and countering.

At the start my passing was medium to direct and very low closing down. That was horrible. About 10 games with -15% possession and -10% completion, and my counter attacks not dangerous for oponnent. They also had many chances and shots, forcing me defence to either have 8's nad 9's or 5's !!!

However when i moved (a lot)the passing slider to the left towards short passing a miracle happenned. Possesion was strictly 50-50 and completion was about +5% for me. My counter attacks were much more dangerous and in every match i was scoring at least 1 goal ( about 10 shots or more!!) . I was really happy cause that was an significant improvement. So i think that a kind of short passing is a must when you defend.

The bad thing is that they kept having chances and shots, though mine were far more dangerous( thats why i usually draw or win). As natural they usually score 1 goal. I haven't altered the closing down slider as wwfan said it should be low. However i wonder if this is the key to dominate in possesion too (after i won the completion battle). I think if i have higher possession , this will reduce opposotion chances and shots and then maybe i have some clean sheets. Cause as i told you i usually score and concede ( 1-1, 1-3,1-2,2-2). I think closing down may be the answer.I'll test it further.

If someone finds this thoughts interesting i'd be glad to get some help...

ps1: in previous games against this tactic i always had a party because they dont have full backs and my attacking style with 3 strikers(2 sarrows) dominated. All this at home.Now i'm testing the away thing.

ps2: I really need to reduce their chances. In my (little) experience many chances usually lead to goal(s) , even if the chances are poor.

i m very agree with urs theory.. my tactic is same theory as u.. ..i m not really setting the individul player mentality.. i just setting the foward run and closing down option for each players... i played very well and challenge champion league place in second season with norwich..

but 2nd things i m still not sure.

1st - free role- how useful is it? u use free role in which position.. - i never play this role.

2nd - this make me very confuse.. attack using both wing or centre which work beter when we are playing defend tactic and when we are playing attack tactic. how is yours ideas?

i see yours tactic.

play attack - using down flank

play counter attack - mixed

play defensive - through middle

i agree with it.. i think this is best way so far.

but the marking system... why yours guy like to play with man marking after new patch.

I dont this man marking is good. too much man marking and tight marking just let the defender out of position. and cant doing counter attack well.

Ok so its been a looooong but good morning for myself. I first printed and tried out your TTF guide after you got your hands on the demo and through a couple preseason games I liked what I saw. Afterwards I recognized you had an updated version then got frustrated because I knew I coulnt resist printing out the new one and giving that a run. I applied it and had wonderful results just running the away and home tactics while making minor adjustments in match where necessary. A perfect example of the great results I got was my Community Shield victory over Chelsea in which I outshot them 17(8 on target) to 8 with 55% possession while on my way to a 4-1 victory. They werent even in it and after hours of tweaking the widest smile ever was on my face (not because I have never beat them before but the goals themselves were so well developed and beatifully executed that I had to wonder if this was the same FM I have been playing all year (I went trangle 4-4-2 btw). You are just too brilliant for my sake and I honestly wonder where were you all my life?

Now on to the set presented in this thread. Through two games between Blackburn and Derby respectively I have had to revert to the TTM 07 tactics I set up previously to salvage victories. I still have faith though and will probably use a combination of all the tactics I set up using your guides but for some reason when I use this set I dont get many shots off and even if I do they are never on target. I'll give this a go for maybe 10 games or so and see what happens but does anyone else have this issue?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jablome:

WWFAN I need some help.

Jimenez Eastwood

Damari </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the pre-match odds? If they are heavy favourites I'd recommend Defend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I must thank you. This little question made me reevaluate which formation I would use for each match and sent me on a 24 game unbeaten streak including Euro Cup qual and the FA Cup Final. So, Thank you WWFAN! Amazing. I had to tinker a little to see what works best, but once I got it I was able to look at odds and make a solid decision about strategy b/c it hints at what the opposition plan on doing.

One question: I lost the FA Cup to Chelsea 2-0. They played a flat 4132 that had a tight midfield. Match odds were Hartlepool 9-4, Chelsea Even. I tried to play Counter, then Possession. I was ineffective v. them. I see that you would suggest in a Final that you play Control with this formation, but I was concerned about not marking Torres and Co.

I would welcome your thoughts on approach. And, anyone else's.

Marking Theory

Tight, man, easy, low CD = defenisve: Players sticks close to their man but don't make rash tackles.

Loose, zonal, hard, heavy CD = attacking: Players try to win the ball high up the pitch to start off attacking moves.

However, the AI undoubtedly uses heavy CD on its most defensive tactics. Haven't tried it myself though.

Free Roles

Best for wingers, FCs or AMC. I use wingers and FC myself. The more attacking the tactic, the more free roles you can assign.

Hold Up Ball

Attacking Tactics: Players high up the pitch (FCs, wingers)

Defensive Tactics. MCd, FBs.

Possession & Control

Possession aims to keep the ball. Control aims to dominate the opposition. Major difference.

Finals

Difficult to pick. I'm 2 for 3 with these sets so far, but all were close. I changed tactics a lot in each match.

So, I have an away game v. Newcastle or Portsmouth and I can't get it right. Pretty much same situation and both are becoming my most hated clubs.

Odds are 13-8 for me, 4-5(FAV) for them. My team is about equal to both talentwise. They both play short farrow 442, but are on me like bats out of Hell no matter what I do. I feel crazy trying Control or Attack. What do I do?

WWFAN, one thing I noticed that you didn't do was suggest settings for Passing for each tactic. I would love to see that and how you might vary them. For instance, would you consider fast tempo, but short passing for Attack?

My experience as a strong Counter team is that passing should be first notch of Direct. Also, I have noticed that moving temp up to about 9 or 10 (just below or on midline) has greatly enhanced the actual "counter" in "counterattack." Shouldn't tempo be higher than slow in Counter since you want to play some longer, faster balls to the forwards?

hi there, I just printed of your Thereoms and Frameworks '07 guide. I have just started playing 2007 and I find it very hard (no suprises!). Let me tell you what I tried.

I started a game recently as Airdrie United in SFL 1 (Scottish League 1). I decided to go for players in the SPL reserves generally poor ones - but my team performs well (mostly all 7s).

Generally, I tackle hard and close down - while i change my mentality according to the team I play. I never thought closing down would be a attacking strategy. Is it?

Anyway, I tend to do better playing the big teams than I do the small teams.

I am going to start again I decided, and give LM one last big go - see if I can at least meet boards expectations. When I get home from work, I will try a Partick Thistle or Dundee file, and try and get promoted in a couple years. I am the type that will buy in all my own players, players I know that do well. Like Eddie Stanford, who is generally my favoured player.

Is buying your own eleven players at the start of the season wise? Tactically, do I have to wait for a long time before it will gel? Do free roles depend on creativity of the player?

Second, I am going to put your framework analysis to the test - any pointers you can give me? Simple advice welcome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amo:

What would you recommend against the 4-2-3-1(two MC's with back arrows, L and R AMC's with side arrows)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming you are fairly equal in ability:

Home: Attack

Away: Counter

Guest cddaraa

hello to all...

this is my first post

I've tried these tactics agaist the computer and it works great...really great

now I am playing with liverpool and tried against a human opponent and the result was a disaster...

I conceded 4 goals against a human controled team(arsenal)

no shots for me

posession 30-70 for arsenal

but I had my passes completed about 70%

I started the game using the counter tactic.when I conceded the fist tried the possesion one.but my stats continued to be bad

in the second half tried the attack tactic.no success.

but with the control tactic things improved a little.

and here is my question:

what should i play against a player with an attacking system,heavy closing down,short/mixed passing?

@ Jablome: Passing: Direct for defence, mixed for CMS, short for wingers/attackers for defend/counter. Shorten for all for Possession/Control/Attack. Full details are in TT&F but I have since shortened passing for DCs.

EggBandit: 15 games and gelling starts. I had a season in which I was lying 6th after 15 (after buying a new 1st eleven). Game 16 they began to gel (check team gelling level in team talk feedback) and stromed the division.

Closing Down as an attacking strategy: It stops the opposition having any time on the ball and keeps then under constant pressure. The AI uses it as a defensive strategy. However, I tend to sit back and wait for counters defensively. All down to favoured style and squad quality. If you have better players then you should be able to CD most of the time.

@ celiz: Try to lower CF at that level.

@ cddaraa: Difficult to know. If you were at home attack or control would have been my choice. Away counter or defend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amo:

What would you recommend against the 4-2-3-1(two MC's with back arrows, L and R AMC's with side arrows)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming you are fairly equal in ability:

Home: Attack

Away: Counter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was at home against Plymouth so I tried Attack, the only problem was that their formation is very deceiving as it allows to defend in numbers and bomb forward when they get possession(especially the very fast CF and the AMC 'overlapping' him) leaving me short at the back.

I switched to Control and it seemed to cure it, dragging the FB's out of position and slowly my possession and pass % crept up. I eventually won 2-0. TBH, that is the first tactical switch I've made that actually improved my team. icon_cool.gif

If anyone faces the 4-2-3-1 at home use Control(I know Liverpool used to spam this formation on FM06).

You sure have discovered something amazing.. Using your tactics i managed to beat charlton 3-1 away with nottingham forest. At start i used "counter" tactic and ticked the "Use Target Man" box on and changed target man supply to "Run onto Ball" as i wanted to score from counter attacks. I had Man Utd's Dong Fangzhuo on loan so i used him as my target man. At first it didn't work well and Charlton scored the first goal at the end of the first half. But then suddenly i managed to score two goals and then i changed the tactic to "Defend" and continued to use a target man, and it payed off. I managed to score one more goal on counter attack and won 3-1.. Here is the screenshot of match stats:

cupiq1.th.jpg

Can anybody help me with this damn game i read this thread and was really impressed downloaded the tactic set and used in my spurs game in which i am in my 5ht season all was good i was top of the league until Christmas then all of a sudden the tactics stoped working i was still playing well but everyteam seem to only have a few shots bu always score and my back four are giving some bad peformances i cant understand how things can change so drastically for example up until Christmas i had the best defensive record then now ive slipped and started conceding loads of goals

wots goin on

Freakin game!

In 4 seasons won 2 croatian league titles with shitty team and I was delighted because finally tactic theory that worked!

And then... I got job with german club...guess what? In germany 90% of teams dont play 442 formation or use wingers, forward arrows etc. and now I'm lost... cant figure out what tactic to use... aaaaaaaa!

" Use Control tactic against defensive tactics(no arrows).

Use Counter tactic against normal tactics(short arrows/farrows).

Use Defend tactic against attacking tactics(long arrows/farrows). "

these rules above are pretty useless in germany!

(Any help?)

But damn...I must say... this is fun now. icon_biggrin.gif

@ tills2k1: If you are top of the league you should generally start shidting towards the more controlled tactics. If you continued with fast paced, attacking stuff you may get frustrated.

@ fo'shizzle: Sorry, can't help. Pick what seems logical and keep an eye trained on the match stats to make sure you have made the right choice. If they are dominating, change!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tills2k1:

Can anybody help me with this damn game i read this thread and was really impressed downloaded the tactic set and used in my spurs game in which i am in my 5ht season all was good i was top of the league until Christmas then all of a sudden the tactics stoped working i was still playing well but everyteam seem to only have a few shots bu always score and my back four are giving some bad peformances i cant understand how things can change so drastically for example up until Christmas i had the best defensive record then now ive slipped and started conceding loads of goals

wots goin on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same is happening for me too. I'm top of the league and just lost to Forest and drawn 3 games against teams I would usually beat easily.

I'll try what you said wwfan.

Archived