Right, how do I get this mob promoted?!

Alright folks,

currently in charge of a strong QPR side with a lot of talented veterans such as Barry, Gardiner and Sidwell. Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking formation which is punishing teams at home at helping to push for promotion. However, away from home my form is so poor! Again playing the diamond, however I play on the counter and play more narrow than I would at home.

I know people need more to work with than this so any advice on how to provide screen dumps would be gratefully appreciated,

Cheers,

G

Perhaps you are playing too narrow on counter. Isn't the point of the diamond midfield to express and impose yourself on the opposition and take control of the midfield rather than sit back and tight to counter. You want your players to use their numerical advantage to chase the ball down and win it back.

Therefore I would start no lower than standard away from home. Also I may make my AM slightly more defensive if he is very attacking at the moment. If he is playing just behind the striker I might move him deeper to provide a better link between the midfielders and attackers.

Exactly what lucatonix said is right. The diamond midfield fomations leaves you very vunerable on the wings if u sit back and you will be just puting alot of pressure on your defence. Shifting to a 4-4-X formation will help you defend on the wings and gives you total coverage on your half of the pitch. The other 2 players, whether in a 4-4-2 formation or 4-4-1-1 formation, you can play around with their roles. You don't really need them to help out in defense.

You won't really score huge amount of goals but given the right players, you can pull off a win. However, it is fairly solid in defense.

I found in that Division, and League 1 with Charlton, I had 4-5-1, with 2 attacking Wingers basically. This worked home and away. Used standard and balanced, and then had everything else basically on default. We kept lots of clean sheets, and scored a quick attacking goal on the counter, due to the work rate and determination of my wingers and loan striker.

The main point, is not leaking goals, keep it narrow-ish in this league, what ever the formation, and try and find defenders who are not too slow...

Won the Championship...it was staying in the Premier League I need help with...

Archived