CL Group Sorting

Someone explain this to me. I'm probably missing something really obvious :p

groupvg.jpg

Rules

Results between teams. Both time's I've played Lyon, we've drawn. I drew 1-1 at their place and 0-0 at home.

Goal difference. My +9 beat their +5.

Goals scored. Again, I've scored more. 11 to their 6.

Coefficient. I would assume they win on this but it shouldn't get this far, should it?

So why aren't I top of the group.

You sure you drew 1-1 at their place and not at home, as I think away goals in head to heads are taken into account.

what he said. Beyond that the only discernible difference I can see that would apply is you've conceded more goals against overall. But I've never known that matter before, or maybe I just haven't paid much attention to it.

You sure you drew 1-1 at their place and not at home, as I think away goals in head to heads are taken into account.

Despite double-checking the results, I still managed to see what I wanted to see :D

You're right, got them the wrong way around :(

The sorting is weird, on my udinese save, i won the league on the first season, in my cl group i had: Barca, Dynamo Kiev & Lyon, i finished with the same points as lyon and better goal difference (I was +4 they were +3) yet they went on to finish second and i was into the euro cup? seems bugged o.O

The sorting is weird, on my udinese save, i won the league on the first season, in my cl group i had: Barca, Dynamo Kiev & Lyon, i finished with the same points as lyon and better goal difference (I was +4 they were +3) yet they went on to finish second and i was into the euro cup? seems bugged o.O

Did you lose against Lyon? I believe results between teams come before than goal difference..

Did you lose against Lyon? I believe results between teams come before than goal difference..

correct. Results between teams count first, then if the result is the same, away goals in those games count i believe and if its still equal it goes on to F/A.

Archived