Mr Hough Complete Dominance 11.3

The 4-1-2-2-1 tactic that had given me awesome resukts with Tottenham and Wolves i have made this into a 4-1-2-3 with some tweaks here and there and i'm rocking.

I'll upload screens tomorrow cos i am at work at the minute.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far i have to say it is working for me too. Plays good football, defensively quite solid and after 6 games sitting in a very modest 8th with Wolves. Just beat Villa 3-0, dont see why this tactic is getting written off so soon.

Im sure Mr Hough will come up with something decent. The ME is atrocious and SI should be ashamed. People who defend the ME have no idea. I have about 15 PKM's as evidence that this ME sucks. From defenders running the wrong way, and the list goes on and on.

couldn't agree more. I follow mr Houghs threads to see if he can come up with new ideas to battle this dreadful ME, but let me tell you I'm done with fm11

11.2 was flawed but in the end enjoyable though the game kinda forced you to play in a certain way to succeed. 11.3 is a joke, can't even start explaining why. Sure you can still get results and win championships, which I actually did. The ME reamains the worst ever in the CM/FM saga imho.

Kudos to mr Hough for keeping working so hard, though his skills are kinda wasted for this disgraceful ME

Tactic seems to work for me, my Feyenoord side has lots of possession, shots off and on target. I haven't scored lots of goals yet, but I'm winning without giving the opponent clear cut chances.

It has to be said that I feel that Team Talks, Morale and Match Preparation are important factors in the game, so it is important to get them right too.

I'm curious about your 4-1-2-3 tactic, it worked well for me in 11.2, so I still have some fitting players.

has anyone had success using complete dominance 10.2 or 10.3 on patch 11.3?

I have won Premiership with Birmingham City using 10.2 but not in first season but third and fourth.

Was placed 4th in the second wasn't using it in the 1st season

Very very very good tactic mr hough.

Played with wolfsburg 11 games w 10 d 1including a 2-0 victory with bayern, didn't let a chance to oponents , scored 27 and let just 1 gol in.

It's playing a very nice football....very good job hough. Kep it gooing.

I think some people are righting off this tactic way to early. There are more factors that come into play than just the tactic, like types of players and match prep is a big factor now (which I absolutely hate).

The game is becoming more and more about micro management, which is fun for some but not for the majority with families and busy lives, and that is a big portion of the FM community (I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Mr.H's tactic but I feel better for getting it off my chest!)

No I was benching Neymar, Pastore, Vidic etc.., why? should I have played them?

Just lost my 15th game using this tactic, dysmal display, with 0 shots throughout the game. Yes, 0 shots

Well that was a bit silly.

For what it is worth, testing it on FML, you are not creating any chances vs 433 and 442 wide formations.. I have seen other 41212 formations being much stronger.

I fail to see where the problem really is as I want to help you, but if you want to know the absolute best working tactic in there - you can PM me and I will give you the instructions, to see if it works on FM as well - we are currently running the exact same ME in FML and FM.

I agree Kugle. dudubrdx your man managment, training and injury problems must be awful if you've lost 15 straight games with those players, and i belive it would need to be all 3 of these things to be that bad.....either that or your just making it up?

I wasn't all that impressed with this tactic to start with but now my team is starting to gel and the performances have improved drastically. I'm manager of Fulham (tipped to finish 15th) in 2019 and we've Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 1 so far, the last two games have been a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford where we were the better side in the 2nd half, and a 5-0 hammering of Bolton. Match preperation still isn't fluid but the improvement in my team's play has been noticeable. If they continue to improve they will be formidible.

Dave, I'm not so impressed, I don't know what's the reason. I noticed that problem is fullbacks, opposite players get past them and they just cross to one of the strikers and it's goal. What you suggest?

No I was benching Neymar, Pastore, Vidic etc.., why? should I have played them?

Just lost my 15th game using this tactic, dysmal display, with 0 shots throughout the game. Yes, 0 shots

I don't believe you. You could play your goal keeper up front with those players and you would have won or drawn at least one game.

lol stop the bitch and crying.. it works for some people and it doesnt work for others end of i doubt its anyones fault or anyones BAD MAN MANAGEMENT ect.. didnt work for me and i done everything he said as in player stats and it just didnt pan out for me

hes not a bad tactic maker just didnt work for mee and other people :) people shouldnt get all defensive when people say its not worked for them

I think some people are righting off this tactic way to early. There are more factors that come into play than just the tactic, like types of players and match prep is a big factor now (which I absolutely hate).

The game is becoming more and more about micro management, which is fun for some but not for the majority with families and busy lives, and that is a big portion of the FM community (I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Mr.H's tactic but I feel better for getting it off my chest!)

not tried it yet but some right twa*s on here,losing 20 games in a row,i don't think so do you? going to give it a whirl with man utd.Any reccomendatios on how to fit nani and valencia in,should i convert nani to a striker? valencia to cm? big decisions?

Don't wanna put a downer on this but this is a corner cheat tactic. Put this corner and free kick setup on any half decent tactic and you'd wn most matches.

Really? I only started scoring from corners when I changed the corner setup because it sucked.

Really? I only started scoring from corners when I changed the corner setup because it sucked.

I only played a few games, maybe I got lucky then. I use my own tactic but like to see how others work. So apologies if i'm incorrect.

Tactic didn't work for me.

The only goals I scored seemed to score came from my CB from corners.

I changed the corner settings to 'mixed' because I don't want to constantly score from corners, after that I didn't score much really.

Guest kiter_99_ui@yahoo.com

mr hough i'm a fan of yours tactics since fm 2010.But this Complete Dominance 11.3 is the worst tactic do you had. I wish you will create more best tactic like in FM 2010. Best luck Mr Hough

I haven't really had the time (or the will) to make my own tactic for 11.3, but I've been casually playing with a variation of MrHough's 4-1-2-3. I checked the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic for a few games and personaly I think it is one of the most balanced tactics I have seen in Fm 11. However, for the people complaining it does not work for them, here is the link to my own version: http://www.mediafire.com/?bav7hvhwzo12zuc

I am not saying it is better, it was just better suited to my (very) high quality team. There are two main differences: firstly, the defence is based on very intense pressing. Secondly, it uses attacking wing backs to offer natural width to the formation and help press high up the pitch to prevent counterattacks. I also used a different set piece routine both for attack and defense. The main drawbacks are the fullbacks must have very high stamina and you must have subs ready for them. You also have to deal with plenty of bookings so you must have a large squad to rotate etc. Obviously, you need players capable of playing this type of football. I don't wish to derail this thread so I will not elaborate any further. Use it as you will, take whatever you find usefull etc. It's just something that worked for me and produced beautifull football and good results (check out the screenshot, I used this tactic for the last 3 seasons)

wolvesh.th.png

http://img858.imageshack.us/i/fcinternazionaleinterfi.png/

Trying this tactic with Inter - just to prove to people out there that this tactic (and the same goes for any others too), does work with the correct players. Also good staff, good man management, squad depth and some tweeks to the corner routine.

First 4 friendlies: 8-0, 2-0, 10-0, 4-0.

Next 15 competitive games: (Super Cup Final, Euro Super Cup, ECL Group Stage x 4, Serie A x 9) .......... Won 15 drawn 0 Lost 0. Goals For 49. Goals against 2.

One goal against me was the ai using the near post corner routine to G. Chiellini (Juventus), the other was against my reserve side playing a Serie A match as I decided to rest 10 of my first 11. I feel pretty confident that if I replayed these first 15 games I would get roughly the same results everytime. My players rip the opposition apart with quick passes to my front two. My AMC and two MCs also chip in with goals.

I changed the corner routine to near post onto W. Samuel's head. It does score more goals - but I have not yet won a game because of this corner exploit - if it is an exploit (especially as I have seen the ai do the same thing....) most goals are coming from open play plus the odd penalty/free kick.

I am not seeing my full backs overwhelmed. My pacey AMC is slicing defences apart as are my two poachers. I know this is a world class squad - but it does have all the right type of players. A team with tons of wingers is going to struggle to make any impact with this tactic.

Makes me think, have all the people having little success actually read the player requirements and actually done some work on who they should be playing and in what position ? I have a natural AMR playing as AMC, my natural AMC playing as MC and two poachers whom I have never before managed to get working together. The rest of the team fits pretty well into their respective slots.

TBH I think that any player with a little experience can play most big teams with any formation and tactics and achieve well above expected results. To see that some people are losing 15 or twenty games in a row is a little unbelievable. I don't think I have ever lost more than 5 games in a row (even with LLM teams). The only way I could lose 20 games in a row is to play without a goalkeeper.......

True - it does prove it works well with fantastic players. But my first point is that so do most other tactics. I think the ME for 11.3 is pretty much impossible to get consistant results with a poor team.

The second point is that all tactics posted here will have player requirements. I find it very difficult to believe that people are picking their favourite team - and finding that they have 11 perfect players for this tactic. I picked Inter deliberately as I researched the player attributes and the types of players at the club. Most teams would need completely rebuilding. Especially in England where wingers are pretty much the order of the day.

If someone loses fifteen/twenty games with this tactic - then they have not got the right type of players, never mind their quality - they just do not fit the tactic at all. Either that or the manager is the worst man management /motivator - ever.....

True - it does prove it works well with fantastic players. But my first point is that so do most other tactics. I think the ME for 11.3 is pretty much impossible to get consistant results with a poor team.

The second point is that all tactics posted here will have player requirements. I find it very difficult to believe that people are picking their favourite team - and finding that they have 11 perfect players for this tactic. I picked Inter deliberately as I researched the player attributes and the types of players at the club. Most teams would need completely rebuilding. Especially in England where wingers are pretty much the order of the day.

If someone loses fifteen/twenty games with this tactic - then they have not got the right type of players, never mind their quality - they just do not fit the tactic at all. Either that or the manager is the worst man management /motivator - ever.....

Not rue at all. This is MY tactic not Mr Houghs

swaz.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2013 Tranmere Rovers. Have you some decent players now ?

I am not trying to defend Mr Hough's tactic. It may not work for lower league sides. I don't know as I have only tried one team so far. What I can say is that it works really well with players that match the attributes shown in the OP.

As for the ME, I have experienced problems scoring using most tactics (either my own or downloaded), if I have had players who were less than top quality finishers. I played 3 seasons as Santos. I could pass teams to death - rivaling Barcelona pass completion and posession. But I had mediocre finishers. Lots of 0-0 results. I have tried several small teams too. Every tactic seemed to fall apart against certain formations/styles of play. If you have had success against lots of formations/styles/better teams then you are obviously onto something. You should try a season in Brazil. You cannot possibly come up against so many teams playing different formations - teams that seem to change tactics and formation several times during a game.

2013 Tranmere Rovers. Have you some decent players now ?

I am not trying to defend Mr Hough's tactic. It may not work for lower league sides. I don't know as I have only tried one team so far. What I can say is that it works really well with players that match the attributes shown in the OP.

As for the ME, I have experienced problems scoring using most tactics (either my own or downloaded), if I have had players who were less than top quality finishers. I played 3 seasons as Santos. I could pass teams to death - rivaling Barcelona pass completion and posession. But I had mediocre finishers. Lots of 0-0 results. I have tried several small teams too. Every tactic seemed to fall apart against certain formations/styles of play. If you have had success against lots of formations/styles/better teams then you are obviously onto something. You should try a season in Brazil. You cannot possibly come up against so many teams playing different formations - teams that seem to change tactics and formation several times during a game.

Decent players but not amazing for the league i'm in. One thing I did notice is whatever tactic you use go against the masses and put your striker on shoot from distance often or sometimes. It's amazing the difference it makes! He no longer waits till he's 1 yard from the keeper or goal to shoot!

Mates I think I have managed to beat the ME and for first time I seriously consider to upload a tactic I have create which is combination of a lot of tactics in this forum.

The formation is as follows: 4-1-1-2-2 (GK - DR/L - DRC/DLC - DMC left - MC - AMR/L - FRC/FLC) I have tested with Spurs and I had massive results but first I will forward same to Mr Hough if he has time to check it.

PS: Rarely Conceding goals from corners due to my Defensive Corners Set Up

Mates I think I have managed to beat the ME and for first time I seriously consider to upload a tactic I have create which is combination of a lot of tactics in this forum.

The formation is as follows: 4-1-1-2-2 (GK - DR/L - DRC/DLC - DMC left - MC - AMR/L - FRC/FLC) I have tested with Spurs and I had massive results but first I will forward same to Mr Hough if he has time to check it.

File to dineis ligo se mena :p

Is it classic or wizard style?

I guess i didn something wrong but correct me:

I downloaded the tactc

changed the corner taking to Near Post

changed the LS's corner to "attack near post" while my DCR has the same instruction.

I still dont manage to score in corners and the entire games looks so massy,i mean the team can't connect a few passes without losing the ball.

playing with milan btw

Archived