No real Players

When starting a new game, and your on the screen where you pick which leagues you want running theres a box you can tick to "Use Real Players".

If I untick that is it completley made up players randomly at all teams or is a case of better players will be at clubs with higher reputation?

When starting a new game, and your on the screen where you pick which leagues you want running theres a box you can tick to "Use Real Players".

If I untick that is it completley made up players randomly at all teams or is a case of better players will be at clubs with higher reputation?

Yes if you untick it every player will be a newgen/regen/whatever you want to call it. The standard of player at each club should be roughly the same as real life.

I actually quite like this option as it means you have no prior knowledge of any player in the game, makes it that bit more interesting. Can imagine it especially useful if you keep starting new games. Give it a go see if you like it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Yes if you untick it every player will be a newgen/regen/whatever you want to call it. The standard of player at each club should be roughly the same as real life.

I actually quite like this option as it means you have no prior knowledge of any player in the game, makes it that bit more interesting. Can imagine it especially useful if you keep starting new games. Give it a go see if you like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's fine that you know players in real life; if I did suddenly become a real life football manager, I would still know who Rooney etc are even if I could never sign them.

The scouting masking is much more realistic imo..

Thanks, I've started one up and had a quick look around the sides, still the same standards of players at the sides.

Should be fun, no Idea who to sign, I've got good players but theyre old, no idea who my staff are, or who those players that you buy at 17 and then become superstars are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I actually quite like this option as it means you have no prior knowledge of any player in the game, makes it that bit more interesting. Can imagine it especially useful if you keep starting new games. Give it a go see if you like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's fine that you know players in real life; if I did suddenly become a real life football manager, I would still know who Rooney etc are even if I could never sign them.

The scouting masking is much more realistic imo.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree completely. I assume you're hinting at the LLM guidlines, which I'm not a fan of either. The game is supposed to represent realistic scouting knowledge and I'm happy with that.

However, I found that I restarted in the lower leagues a few times (due to corrupted saves, changing versions etc) and found it irritating knowing a load of lower league players who would be available each time.

i've tried to start neumerous fake player games since fm06, this version is a little more random than just name changes, although you can recognize some players according to stats and PPMs.

scouting for unknown players is fun, although most players i've seen have had either good abilities and a poor coach/scout rating, or terrible abilities and high values and high PA ratings.

tbh, whenever i start a fake player game, i use FMM so that i can at least buy or create a decent squad. otherwise, it would be pointless. i don't use FMM for real players at all.

i was thinking of starting a fake players game with a new database so that i can edit team names/stadiums/competitions etc. i am really trying to squeeze more variety out of this game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joebanks10:

Just started a game using no real players and chelsea have a 49 year old left winger who is worth 14 million lol it just doesn't look right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

screenie please icon_biggrin.gif

I had a fake name game in 07, but it didn't change half the names in my Reading side. Some of the players had one name changed, most had no name changes, but Seol was called Pandi. Too easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joebanks10:

OLD MAN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not bad stats for 48 icon_biggrin.gif i'd be interested to see how his stats are in about 6 months

i'd never start an english fake player game, dunno why, but i've tried with Malmo FF in sweden a few times.

Stamina 17 at age 49? That man is a monster... probably a vampire or werewolf. icon_smile.gif

Anyways, I recently started a game with the No Players database someone posted around here, and it's quite refreshing. The oldest player in the world is 24, and the best player has CA 132. icon_smile.gif

Makes for a whole lot more level playing field...

Except for my absolutely dreadful Harrogate team, which on average have the CA of an old granny. icon_razz.gif

Archived