433 11.3 Amazing tactic

Hey man great update, i used your tri star control v1 and it was pretty gd how the strikers occupy the centerbacks while your attackin mid runs down the middle and scores which was great but v2 is amazing m8. I like how 1 striker distracts the centerback and the AI sends the other centerback to stop the attackin mid which leaves the last striker all alone to drift into space and get on the end of a through ball from the mids, it tricks the AI 80% of the time and it's working great for my liverpool team Thanks for the tactic man and do you think in the future you will be making a winger tactic?.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey man great update, i used your tri star control v1 and it was pretty gd how the strikers occupy the centerbacks while your attackin mid runs down the middle and scores which was great but v2 is amazing m8. I like how 1 striker distracts the centerback and the AI sends the other centerback to stop the attackin mid which leaves the last striker all alone to drift into space and get on the end of a through ball from the mids, it tricks the AI 80% of the time and it's working great for my liverpool team Thanks for the tactic man and do you think in the future you will be making a winger tactic?.

iv been asked about a wingers tactic ... but wile it might be easy for bigger teams with better players to play with wingers its not so easy for little teams to use ..

because you need great wingers with bags off tricks and a good power-house forward ... but i might be work on a wingers tactic with 1 up front and a ACM and 2 CM 1 being a DM typ

tattoman65, I was just wondering if you had tried out your most recent tactic (S-M-Tri-Star-Control V2) on international management? Surely it would be harder for the AI to crack it compared to club sides week in week out.

no iv not tryed it on the international.. iv been offered every job going mind ..but im QPR and can only be QPR ...boreing i no

Good Tactic tattoman65, Used it first season in the Premiership with my Grimsby Side (Predicted 20th, poor team off the back of 4 Successive promotions & signing 17 new players) Finished 15th on 38 Points which was really good due to my poor squad.

Got Better Players this Year so im hoping for another year of survival/lower mid table. But i've signed 18 new players this year so I'm waiting for them to gel in but i've picked up 11 points in 9 games & sat in 11th.

My main line up is:-

GK - Luis Guilherme

DR - Eboue (32 Y/O Declineing Rapidly he's getting on now)

DCR - Mickael Sissoko (Regen on loan from Man Utd, good jumping Very average)

DCL - Manuel Da Costa

DL - Verberne (Regen, Decent Prem player/Potential to be leading)

Mc - Ibrahim Dagasan

MCr - Zuculini

MCl - Barry (34 Yo lacking physcial)

AMc - Formica

StCr - Diego Tardelli

Stcl - Griffiths

Due to being a small club in the Premiership im buying youth for the future but i have poor youth & training, but hoping with the money from the Prem i can build the club and start to close in on Europe but its still very much a developing squad and i'm very limited on wages (32k P/w) Missed out on David Silva as a AMC @ 29 as he wanted 40k a week. So hoping to stay in the prem again this year and off for a flying start praying for the magic 40 points haha.

I still really struggle with team talks though following what it saids on your website but they seem to make so much of a difference.

Also i feel winger tactics are not "the tactic" this year.

tattoman65, I was just wondering if you had tried out your most recent tactic (S-M-Tri-Star-Control V2) on international management? Surely it would be harder for the AI to crack it compared to club sides week in week out.

I won the England U21 European Championship Using this although i changed the corner routine because i had a 6"7 19 Jumping DC with 18 Heading who finished top scorer.

I won the England U21 European Championship Using this although i changed the corner routine because i had a 6"7 19 Jumping DC with 18 Heading who finished top scorer.

Heres a little Slight Tweak i want everyone to try ... iv tryed it with some unreal results ...

up the team passing by 4 clicks ... if you have numbered sliders it will shows as 14 ... please try this ..this little tweak has me banging goals

to be used with the Tri-Star-2

Hi there using Tri Star 2 with added tweak to passing. I'm using the Titans database and my first eleven and subs are:

GK: Gordon Banks

DR: Jorginho

DCR:Troy Brown

DCL:Steve Bruce

DL:Mark Kennedy

MC:Roy Keane

MCR:Jimmy Bullard

MCL:Grant Leadbitter

AMC:Nicole Dobrain

SC:Ferenc Puskas

SC:Sandor Kocsis

Subs:

David Seaman

Damien Delaney

Shane O'Connor

Luke Hyam

Andy Drury

Connor Wickham

Alberto Spencer

As you can see a mixture of legends and the current Ipswich squad. Also got what I would call a freak result again Wigan in the league Cup. Great tactic tattomann65 :)

fixtures.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi there using Tri Star 2 with added tweak to passing. I'm using the Titans database and my first eleven and subs are:

GK: Gordon Banks

DR: Jorginho

DCR:Troy Brown

DCL:Steve Bruce

DL:Mark Kennedy

MC:Roy Keane

MCR:Jimmy Bullard

MCL:Grant Leadbitter

AMC:Nicole Dobrain

SC:Ferenc Puskas

SC:Sandor Kocsis

Subs:

David Seaman

Damien Delaney

Shane O'Connor

Luke Hyam

Andy Drury

Connor Wickham

Alberto Spencer

As you can see a mixture of legends and the current Ipswich squad. Also got what I would call a freak result again Wigan in the league Cup. Great tactic tattomann65 :)

fixtures.png

what skin and logos are them mate

Hi Tattoman65.........I played your new tri-star tactic for a whole season and was very impressed. I won the League Cup, FA Cup, Super Cup, Champions League, CWC and the Premier League (screenshot below). I loved the way the ball was passed around the park, and would suggest to anyone thinking of using this tactic that if you can find good passers of the ball to play in your team, you wouldnt have any trouble being successful. The defence is very solid, in fact in the Premiership i had only conceded 5 goals after 29 games, but then i lost my No1 keeper with a broken leg and conceded 7 more in the last 9 games.

Overall with the attacking style, combined with a solid defence you have produced a real winner........btw again for anyone looking to use this tactic, i would suggest having a real poacher on the right side of the forward line. My forward in this postion scored 56 goals from 55 games........thank you for a great tactic!

englishpremierdivisionils.png

Which type of an AMC we will need for Tri-star tactic? Iniesta and Sneijder type or Thomas Müller and Mario Götze type?

I would say Thomas Muller without a doubt and i would play Snejder left side of the midfield 3

so which version should I use? The wizard one? The control one? Are they the same?

its upto u which u use ,, the wizard one is if you like to use touch line shouts ... i myself use the classic .... tri-star 2 ... but i change to tri-star 1 every now and then

So is this Tri-Star tactic better thanthe original 4-3-3 one? Just curious in which one I should use. I plan on starting a new season with Torino in Serie B.

Thanks!

I think the tri-star are stronger at the back ... but for serie B i think you should use Sparks-Masters-Contorl ..

Now at the beginning of February and sitting at the top of the Championship level on points with Burnley but 14 points ahead of 3rd place. My record is P30 W21 D4 L5 GF79 GA35. Just sometimes have silly results like losing or drawing with teams that are near the bottom of the table but I suppose you have to expect that.

Now at the beginning of February and sitting at the top of the Championship level on points with Burnley but 14 points ahead of 3rd place. My record is P30 W21 D4 L5 GF79 GA35. Just sometimes have silly results like losing or drawing with teams that are near the bottom of the table but I suppose you have to expect that.

use team talk .. relax before playing them bottom teams ... with tactic u useing

which of your tactics would u reccomend for a newly promoted team to the prem? x

Not to step on tattoman65 toe's but i used Tri Star V1 (V2 wasn't out then) & survived in 15th on 38 points, not setting the world on fire but kept me there for a second year :)

This year on V2 (Second Year in the prem) Im 7th on 53 points with 5 games to go. x

Not to step on tattoman65 toe's but i used Tri Star V1 (V2 wasn't out then) & survived in 15th on 38 points, not setting the world on fire but kept me there for a second year :)

This year on V2 (Second Year in the prem) Im 7th on 53 points with 5 games to go. x

yes wes .. once you get better players try v1 again ..or you could switch like i do from time to time

Great Tactic Tat-man65. Just finished my 2nd year in the prem (v2 all the way)

87889079.th.jpg

I stayed with v2 all year never had many slumps (lost games i expected too, Chelsea beat me twice in the league, twice in the league cup semi's & in the fa cup but their superstars)

Do you recommend switching tactics? Also team talks still baffle me.

Aiming not to upset my "core" squad with 17 signings, so hopefully we will be all gel'd and blended and hit the ground running.

Great Tactic Tat-man65. Just finished my 2nd year in the prem (v2 all the way)

87889079.th.jpg

I stayed with v2 all year never had many slumps (lost games i expected too, Chelsea beat me twice in the league, twice in the league cup semi's & in the fa cup but their superstars)

Do you recommend switching tactics? Also team talks still baffle me.

Aiming not to upset my "core" squad with 17 signings, so hopefully we will be all gel'd and blended and hit the ground running.

i had a sticky patch so i switch back to v1 ..once i find it hard to get a goal i switch ...then same again ...the movement off the front men plus the acm are a little diffirant in v2 to v1 ... so once the match engine gets use to it i switch ... team talks cab be a little hit n miss at times ...i try to man manage the players ...because some might be playing well and 1 or 2 might be letting the team down ....so thats why i dont say the same to every player

tattoman i'm a little confused. I'm playing with Torino in Serie B and I'm using the Sparks Master Control 11.3 tactic. The problem is the team talks at halftime and post-game. The newfootballmanager.info site instructions contradict what page 1 of this thread says.

Am I not supposed to give team talks prematch at all? Should I give halftime and post-game talks and leave it to my asst manager? He has like 18 man mgmt rating. Should I only talk to players that perform atleast 7.0 and give them praise, and do dissapointment to players that perform under 6.5? Which instructions do I follow for team talks?

Thanks man!

tattoman i'm a little confused. I'm playing with Torino in Serie B and I'm using the Sparks Master Control 11.3 tactic. The problem is the team talks at halftime and post-game. The newfootballmanager.info site instructions contradict what page 1 of this thread says.

Am I not supposed to give team talks prematch at all? Should I give halftime and post-game talks and leave it to my asst manager? He has like 18 man mgmt rating. Should I only talk to players that perform atleast 7.0 and give them praise, and do dissapointment to players that perform under 6.5? Which instructions do I follow for team talks?

Thanks man!

remenber this thread wasnt started by me ... so i cannot change the opening post ..it was started by someone that saw my tactic els where

team talks ... prematch i say little ..unless low morale players then i say no pressure. .. half time .. under 6.7 say dissapointed . please to players over 7.9.

full time .. praise players ..over 6.7 ...

cup games are diffirant ... you can use for the fans for home cup games .. iv nothing to add for away cup games as yet

Played about three quarters of a season with different versions of the TriStar tactic in season 5 with Middlesboro in the Championship. Ended up 3rd but lost the play off final to Leicester. Form faded just before the end of the season and my strikers could'nt score. Prior to that I'd won about 10 games on the trot.

As Middlesboro don't have much money I don't have many big name players which is quite good for judging thee tactic. Found it really good particulary in defence. Think alot of it is down to the man management/team talks. Will certainly use it again although I'm a diehard Flat 4-4-2 guy

Played about three quarters of a season with different versions of the TriStar tactic in season 5 with Middlesboro in the Championship. Ended up 3rd but lost the play off final to Leicester. Form faded just before the end of the season and my strikers could'nt score. Prior to that I'd won about 10 games on the trot.

As Middlesboro don't have much money I don't have many big name players which is quite good for judging thee tactic. Found it really good particulary in defence. Think alot of it is down to the man management/team talks. Will certainly use it again although I'm a diehard Flat 4-4-2 guy

when you fill your form is dipping then switch to tri-star 1 or 2 ..depends which u have started with ...

waw waw and did i say waw

great tactic so far

i am the bromley manager

played10 i have won 9 and drew 1

and only conceded 1 goal which was an own goal in a 7-1 victory

so tactic works great

by the way its v2 without tweaking the passing

waw waw and did i say waw

great tactic so far

i am the bromley manager

played10 i have won 9 and drew 1

and only conceded 1 goal which was an own goal in a 7-1 victory

so tactic works great

by the way its v2 without tweaking the passing

please to here it

Also

Out Now

New-Tri-Star-Goal-Getter

To be used with tri-star control or tri-star-2 when your in need of a goal

http://www.newfootballmanager.info/tri-star-tactic.php

Using the Sparks-Masters-Control-11.3 tactic with Leyton Orient and struggling badly although it's still early after just 7 competitive games although the 5-1 home defeat to Oldham did hurt! It seems at Set Pieces I'm conceding badly on, I currently have Match Prep on 'Team Blend' as they're still getting used to the tactic so when fluid I can set it to defensive set pieces or defensive positioning. Whats the best way to defend set pieces though as in player instructions, how many mark man, posts etc? Can't find a good formula for it when it should work on paper.

Using the Sparks-Masters-Control-11.3 tactic with Leyton Orient and struggling badly although it's still early after just 7 competitive games although the 5-1 home defeat to Oldham did hurt! It seems at Set Pieces I'm conceding badly on, I currently have Match Prep on 'Team Blend' as they're still getting used to the tactic so when fluid I can set it to defensive set pieces or defensive positioning. Whats the best way to defend set pieces though as in player instructions, how many mark man, posts etc? Can't find a good formula for it when it should work on paper.

when you try and start useing a new tactic ..you should first have the tactic loaded into your match prep as the 2rd tactic .. and then when its fluid in all then switch to that tactic .. or you might get some bad results ..

I've been using the tactic since I started the game, I used it during pre-season although just meant that I've only had 7 games which are competitive ones (League One, League Cup and Johnstones Paint Trophy) Despite a mixed start I have belief it will come good, it creates chances and plenty of CCC's, the play is good and I just need to acquire the right players to get the most out of the tactic which will take time being a smaller side with no money available at all. I was just curious if there was a more upto date tweak on defending set pieces. Once fluid I'll possibly put defending set pieces in Match Prep.

I've been using the tactic since I started the game, I used it during pre-season although just meant that I've only had 7 games which are competitive ones (League One, League Cup and Johnstones Paint Trophy) Despite a mixed start I have belief it will come good, it creates chances and plenty of CCC's, the play is good and I just need to acquire the right players to get the most out of the tactic which will take time being a smaller side with no money available at all. I was just curious if there was a more upto date tweak on defending set pieces. Once fluid I'll possibly put defending set pieces in Match Prep.

no iv not done an up to date one on that tactic .. but it will come good because others have had great joy with that tactic in the lower leagues .. all i can add is

look at the 2 cb set-ups .. have one to mark tall player and the other to mark small player . your dm typ to man mark ...one off the forwards to stay up and one to have edge of box/area every one els set to go back apart from fbs on the post

no iv not done an up to date one on that tactic .. but it will come good because others have had great joy with that tactic in the lower leagues .. all i can add is

look at the 2 cb set-ups .. have one to mark tall player and the other to mark small player . your dm typ to man mark ...one off the forwards to stay up and one to have edge of box/area every one els set to go back apart from fbs on the post

Thanks Tattoman65 and yes I have faith it will come good. I'll review the players I have in certain positions. I seem to have quite a short squad which doesn't help the situation. Thanks for the speedy replies though, much appreciated.

Archived