Guaranteed injury if........

I still think the game attempts to injure one of your players when you use up all of your subs. It's simple really. Try it yourself. If you set all of your players tackling to hard you get yellow/red cards left, right and center. You foul all over the place. The game takes that risk to take out one of your players when you use up all of your subs.

But the computer hardly ever uses all of its subs early say at half time or something

When I've used all my subs pre 70th minute I never see the AI teams get yellow/red cards left, right and center. As stated earlier I also most often end my games with all 11 players. So your thesis doesn't match my experience.

In my games the AI quite often uses 2 subs at half time.

So again, it might be what you observe but that doesn't make it a universal truth. Especially as lots of others has another experience than you. And more importantly actually has a decent argumentation (not just subjective observation) why you're wrong.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only reason some of us defend the game is because there are some people who attack the game with exaggerated claims of incompetence. Now I'm not saying you are exaggerating your claim that this situation happens every game, but I don't know you so have no idea whether you are or not.

It just seems incredibly unlikely for this situation to happen every time you make 3 subs, which is why people ask for evidence. It's like trying to sell a talking frog without showing the buyer that it can talk. Sure, some people will just take your word for it, but I need to hear that frog talk before I hand over any cash!

But that is my whole point, i didnt come on here and tell people its happening so beleive me. All i did was come on here and ask if it happens to anyone else, why should there be any defensive comments what so ever apart from no it dosnt happen to me blah blah blah. but when someone comes on here saying that all im doing is basically whining when in reality im simply asking a question it will ofc get my back up especially as i feel i have taken time in each post to explain myself.

But as i said its not all bad so there no point going on about it all because 1 person got shirty over nothing.

I still think the game attempts to injure one of your players when you use up all of your subs. It's simple really. Try it yourself. If you set all of your players tackling to hard you get yellow/red cards left, right and center. You foul all over the place. The game takes that risk to take out one of your players when you use up all of your subs.

But the computer hardly ever uses all of its subs early say at half time or something

So you are suggesting the AI manager uses the touchline shout "get stuck in" when you've used all 3 subs?

Perhaps it's true, but you need to back this up with some evidence. Perhaps some YouTube videos with some of your matches to show it in action, or screenies of match stats at the moment of 3rd sub and at the end of the game?

Seriously get off your high horse.

To re-use something I said many years ago in another context, this isa case of the old worn and definitely black pot calling the shiny new siver kettle black.

I've no further interest in talking to you, as a) you cannot take criticism, b) you take everything as a personal attack, and c) you attack those trying to help you. It must be really fulfilling being able to drive away those who are only being friendly so easily.

What seems to happen to me is I make my subs and then dead on 3 minutes later I get another injury. It will say like 70:00 mins exactly. At the start of the game too I get an injury with exactly 3:00 mins on the clock.

It doesnt happen all the time though thats for sure, quite often I make 3 subs, then some guy gets injured before they come on and I can change my mind just in time.

This is the first version in a long time where pressing the tactics button doesnt speed up the ME and suddenly somebody scores without you noticing. Even though it was coincedence in older versions supposedly.

To re-use something I said many years ago in another context, this isa case of the old worn and definitely black pot calling the shiny new siver kettle black.

I've no further interest in talking to you, as a) you cannot take criticism, b) you take everything as a personal attack, and c) you attack those trying to help you. It must be really fulfilling being able to drive away those who are only being friendly so easily.

lets get 1 thing streight its just you no one else as you keep mentioning.

A) yes unless its granted b) like i said the only person i argued on here with is you = also not true c) i really didnt see much of you what you typed as being helpfull , unless telling someone they are moaning and roaring is seen by you as helpfull ? Again this is my only gripe with you and still after the 4th time of asking you now, i would still love to see where i had been rude to people (granted apart from to you) and also where i had moaned/roared at any explenation given to me .... ?

Erm, guess my use of substitutes proves the OP wrong, as I always make sure to use all 3 of my subs (unless it's an extreme important game and don't want to mess with the flow) before the 70th minute, so everyone gets a run out and keep up the amount of appearances my players have made to stop them from getting ****ed when I have a large squad and keep up fitness and increase chances of stat improvement. I probably get an injury in the last 20 minutes 1 in every 15 games.

So it seems like its something im doing myself which is causing this and i think i have an idea of what it is....... I will pretty much only make 3 subs in a match if the match feels like its one (after making it 3-0 or something), so after making the subs i may go a bit more narrow and play with a slower tempo so to keep things tight (as you would). Now with the opposing manager now seeing that my team are fitter than his (after making the subs), he may feel the only way to stop my slower tempo game is to ask his players to go in hard. And as im playing a bit narrower and slower (not slow still on the quick setting but slower end of it) it gives his players more chance of actually getting the hard tackle off.

Maybe that??

Game in and game out I use my 3 subs right at the 60 minute mark to make sure I have as many players "match fit" as possible. I've done this for as long as I've been playing FM, and in my opinion there's no difference between the frequency of injuries sustained after all 3 subs are used compared to the previous 60 minutes. The only difference would be that you're more likely to remember the ones that put your team down a man. If I had to guess, I'd this happens maybe three or four times over the course of a season for me, which typically involves playing around 50 games. To me, that risk is worth taking.

P.S. I also make no changes to my style of play after I make the subs. Light tackling all around, all game long.

P.P.S. Just looked at my stats page: After 7 games my team has committed 41 fouls and received 2 yellow cards.

• 8 months later...

I think I've used all 3 subs by the 70-75th minute in 90% of the matches I play where I am behind or drawing and need a goal.

Yeah, another player gets injured occasionally but I wouldn't do it so often if it kept happening so on the whole I'd say that it happens to me about 1 in 10 times, maybe 2 in 10 if I'm being generous.

However, if it was happening as much as the OP claims then the solution is simple. Don't use all your subs by the 70th minute.

It's working for me at the moment but if it starts becoming a liability then I'll stop doing it. And I'd almost never do it if I was ahead, I think the only situation I would do it would be if there is a player who is below 65% or if I want to switch to a more defensive formation and bring on an extra defensive player.

But when I do take the risk it seems to pay off 90% of the time. I suppose I've just been lucky.

I always use all 3 substitutes, and I mean ALWAYS, because I have a lot of players who expect lots of first team action, and because I like to switch players out if their fatigue goes below 75%. Usually, I have all 3 on at around 60 minutes. I believe I have finished about 3 matches this season (out of maybe 55) with less than 10 men on the field. That does not seem excessive to me. And certainly not evidence that the AI is somehow doing an impersonation of HAL.

OP is absolutley true. I have noticed that if my 3 Subs were used up before the 80th minute, i always got a player taken off with Injury. But even now i notice that if i make 3 full subs before the 90th minute The chance of a player being injured goes up.

Im currently managing Barcelona and because im trying to bleed young players into the squad i often use the three subs. This has led to an injury list as long as my arm. I dont use hard training or match prep.

i never use subs unless i need to bring a player to match fitness, or i am winning comfortably and bring on some newgens (or vice verca, but i play enough first teamers to prevent that)

more like Guaranteed injury... player coming back from injury the first game back fit.. they get injured.

Archived