Guaranteed injury if........

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My theory is that the computer sets all of its players tackling to hard every time you use up all of your subs. Btw I'm saying it actually tries to injure one of your players

change of tune that, make your mind up, fact or theory?

i take it you couldn't find any evidence then?

if i was you and the computer was trying to injure one of my players, pesky little computer, i'd take a hammer and smash the crap out of it, that would teach it!!

The way I play I ALWAYS make three subs (or as many as possible) because I like to give as many players time on the pitch and keep condition up. May one day go through every game of the season but off the top of my head I'd say I've made all three subs before the 70th minute over 80% of the time and have had injuries in these games after the last sub under 10% of the time. Only me but hey. Also, I tackle hard and don't really like my boys taking it easy (onme of the reasons I utilise all subs and my whole squad.)

I've just had 3 games in a row where I've made 2 subs before 70 mins and then had a player go off injured. Just shows that the chances of an injury in the last 20 minutes are exactly the same no matter how many subs you have used.

My theory is that the computer sets all of its players tackling to hard every time you use up all of your subs. Btw I'm saying it actually tries to injure one of your players

You realise that a theory and a fact are not the same thing right?

The way you react to people who do not share the same view is really disappointing. Especially for someone who has never showed any evidence to prove what he is saying.

How can you call someone a blatant liar when you have no idea what is happening in his save? What right do you have to do that?

Somethings happen to some people in this game and not to others. It doesn't make them liars.

Players are more likely to get hurt when they are tired and most players are somewhat tired at the end of the game. This one actually is a fact.

Azuru if you are going to continue to enlighten us with your theories and what not, please at least try to back them up with some sort of evidence.

99% of the time I use all 3 subs between the 50th and 65th minute, it is only through AFKing that I don't. I very rarely see injuriesin my games after the 70th minute, of course it happens every now and then and I'm left thinking to myself I shouldn't have wasted a sub but it doesn't happen often enough for me to even remotely think about adjusting my sub policy, in terms of how many results its cost me in the past few seasons only against Man City I remember then losing a player to injury in the last 10 minutes and then 2 goals following to give them a win.

Theory as in I don't know for sure if it sets tackling to hard (as I can't see its sliders) or if it's just some standard value in the game that increases when you use up your subs.

if i was you and the computer was trying to injure one of my players, pesky little computer, i'd take a hammer and smash the crap out of it, that would teach it!!

Yes I think it's programmed to set its tackling to hard if you use up all of your subs

So it must be to do with subs Azuru, it couldn't possibly be that tired players get injured more frequently as others have said? Either find some evidence for your theories, or stop telling people what you think you know to be true.

OP, what facts do you have to prove your case? I always make 11 subs at half time in friendlies and maybe once has backfired. I also make 3 subs at halftime in the league and maybe 5 times has have I gotten an injury.

I didnt say this problem is in fact a problem with everyones game or did i? Its something ive noticed in my game, as people say its selective memory but for me it dont stick. As i said i conciously hold back my last sub because i dont want to run the risk of going down to ten men so i only do this on very rare occasions. And on these rare occasions it seems to keep happening to ME ! Im not one that complains about the amount of injuries during matches for me i hardly get them, but the risk of injuries goes up ten fold for me if i have used all 3 subs. I can understand people saying its late in the game and thats where most injuries happen, but my point is this! If im not getting many injuries when i have more tired legs out then why do i seem to get an injury literally 2 min after my final sub. For me this dont make sence as the risk of injurys with fresher legs on the pitch should go down and not up.

Like i said i didnt come on here and start yelling that this is a problem with everyones game so PATCH PATCH PATCH! ... All i asked was if anyone else had noticed this or if ive just been a bit unlucky or if there is anything tactiaclly that i could do to try to avoid it. Simples.....

I have a theory on this -

If you need to make 3 subs before the 70th minute mark, your team is either losing or is completely tired. So, you have brought on all your fresh legs with 20 minutes left to play meaning that your players who cant quite go the distance are having to stay on longer than they are generally able, thus becoming too tired, thus getting injured. Its simple human physics.

Personally, I notice this happen sometimes, not a disproportionate number of times. Generally only when Ive used my subs with a fair amount of time left - my full backs are constanly running up and down the wings and If I cant take one of them off, generally one will pick up an injury of some kind.

So it must be to do with subs Azuru, it couldn't possibly be that tired players get injured more frequently as others have said? Either find some evidence for your theories, or stop telling people what you think you know to be true.

My theory seems a more logical explanation. I don't know why people have a prob with it because this sort of cheating happening irl anyway

Surely a simple answer to this and the amount of cards shown in a match (which I personally think is way over the top) would be to tone down the amount of fouls committed, less fouls would surely equal less injuries and less bookings/suspensions. I'm not saying that it ruins my game at all but I do feel there are far too many of these things going on no matter what tactics, instructions or attributes etc,etc.

My theory seems a more logical explanation. I don't know why people have a prob with it because this sort of cheating happening irl anyway

because SI do not programme cheating into FM, never have and never will. The AI does not go hard on your players when you make your subs, it had no thought over your subs other than what tactical change it might have made and how this affects the match, nothing more. Tackling hard does not guarantee you injuring a player anyway.

Your theory is not logical, its just you adding random elements into FM that dont exist as per usual. Do you really think SI would go to the bother of programming teams to injure your players after x amount of subs have been made rather than concentrate on improving the ME?

hey if their aim is to make a 'realistic' simulation then all forms of cheating must be included too

no it must not be included, they have stated several times they will never incorporate cheating into the game so things like intentionally injuring players, bribing, tapping up and anything along those lines will never make into an FM game, so your theory or fact or what ever it is, is wrong. They will never waste time coding the AI to go our and injure your players based on the number of subs your team has made, there are much bigger and more important things to concentrate on.

The only thing remotely close to cheating you will see in FM is diving, because its subjective, and even then its debatable.

I think to suggest it's coded in to the game on purpose is ridiculous, I think it's more likely that some event or other that occurs after you bring on the last sub probably triggers it off sometimes, like I said early though, it does seem to happen to me far less with 11.3 than it used to.

but why would they waste time coding anything even remotely related to this into the game, there is no rule in football that says when a team makes subs its more likely an injury will occur, it doesnt make any sense for them to waste even one second on this, and i really dont see how the game could do it on its own, again there is no precedent for teams going down to 10 men after all subs are made.

So, your theory, that the game tries to make it more difficult for you by making it more likely that your players get injured after your subs have been used (i.e. the game cheating) is more logical than the fact that tired players get injured more often? Right...

but why would they waste time coding anything even remotely related to this into the game, there is no rule in football that says when a team makes subs its more likely an injury will occur, it doesnt make any sense for them to waste even one second on this, and i really dont see how the game could do it on its own, again there is no precedent for teams going down to 10 men after all subs are made.

I don't know how or why and I don't really care mate because as I said, it happens far less in my save now that it was doing and I can live with it quite easily....but I do wish we had less fouls and bookings, even if it was only to stop it spoiling the flow of the match.

I don't know how or why and I don't really care mate because as I said, it happens far less in my save now that it was doing and I can live with it quite easily....but I do wish we had less fouls and bookings, even if it was only to stop it spoiling the flow of the match.

have you not noticed a reduction in bookings and silly fouls since the patch? I was finding i was getting lots of bookings for silly things like pulling shirts and silly trips on players before the patch, but hardly any now. Maybe just my perspective on it from my saves but it definately seems more realistic to me now.

the only trigger is, the ai may start targeting your players with harder tackles and closing down more often in the last 10 or 20 minutes of the match as your players get tired. i dont believe there are any equations involved, just competitive tactics!

its quite easy to notice, because your ass man will be telling you to do the same

have you not noticed a reduction in bookings and silly fouls since the patch? I was finding i was getting lots of bookings for silly things like pulling shirts and silly trips on players before the patch, but hardly any now. Maybe just my perspective on it from my saves but it definately seems more realistic to me now.

No mate, to be honest I think mine is worse now than it was and I still use 'easy' when ever I can afford to. My current save is only 29 games in to the season and I already have about 50 bookings, 4 straight reds and a whole load of suspensions...... and I'm still not bitching because 11.3 has turned this in to the best and most believable manager game ever!

No mate, to be honest I think mine is worse now than it was and I still use 'easy' when ever I can afford to. My current save is only 29 games in to the season and I already have about 50 bookings, 4 straight reds and a whole load of suspensions...... and I'm still not bitching because 11.3 has turned this in to the best and most believable manager game ever!

50 bookings in 29 games is not too bad really, less than 2 a game which i would say is quite realistic, are they for the same kind of things, ie shirt pulling, or is it just random? I did find with my aberdeen team that my ageing centre back was getting caught too far up the pitch and with his lack of pace wasnt able to get back, which was leading to more bookings and red cards.

on 11.1 i had a milan game i finished the first season with 117 bookings, and 12 reds in the league, 3 of which were Ibra for tugging players back twice in the same game and Gattuso was sent off 5 times in all comps. Now that was frustrating at times, especially considering Ibra won golden ball despite missing more than 10 league games through suspension.

Playing as Gloucester:

vs Eastwood - All players getting tired, took three off on 50 minutes due to 70% fitness. Jack Harris get's injured on 76 minutes, then Patrick Vaz on 83. Lose 2-0 due to this.

vs Hyde - Injury after 5 mins, put player on and other subs occur at 45 and 57 mins, due to fitness. Another injury to my striker on 77 minutes.

Happened in last two games, will note on updates.

im playing as inter, second game of the season for me after starting a new game, i've just played atletico madrid in the european super cup, it went to extra time and i won 2-1.

i made three subs, 2 in the 70th minute and 1 in the 90th minute, they made 3 subs, 1 in 45th minute, 1 in the 62nd minute and 1 in the 75th minute, both teams finished with 11 men, although mine the end of the game were alot of knackered old gits!!

from the second half onwards my ass man was telling me to hard tackle and close down, show onto weaker foot some of their players as the match progressed!! i assume they were doing the same to my players, that's football!

Firstly, it is solely your opinion. One that, you should know by now, no one else agrees with.

But you know what my biggest problem with you is? The way you react to people who disagree with you. What gives you the right to call someone a blatant liar when you have absolutely no idea what is going on in their save.

i honestly cannot think of one single occasion in modern football where the opposition has deliberately went out to injure a player after all 3 subs have been made.

Azuru can you find one example of this happening?

You realise he could never do this because, once again, it would be subjective. Whoever he accused of such aggression would adamantly deny trying to deliberately harm an opposition player and would also want to know who accused them of such. So they could sue him.

I had two reds in three seasons, which is pretty ridiculous.

I've only had 3 lol

It helps to have a captain who isn't temperamental and doesn't 'argue with officials'. Plus I make sure to take out players who have a yellow and/or reduce their tackling.

50 bookings in 29 games is not too bad really, less than 2 a game which i would say is quite realistic, are they for the same kind of things, ie shirt pulling, or is it just random? I did find with my aberdeen team that my ageing centre back was getting caught too far up the pitch and with his lack of pace wasnt able to get back, which was leading to more bookings and red cards.

on 11.1 i had a milan game i finished the first season with 117 bookings, and 12 reds in the league, 3 of which were Ibra for tugging players back twice in the same game and Gattuso was sent off 5 times in all comps. Now that was frustrating at times, especially considering Ibra won golden ball despite missing more than 10 league games through suspension.

OK, I've just checked on my save so I can be more accurate with what I say, it's actually 58 yellows and 4 reds. I have to agree with you that over an average it isn't a massive amount after 29 matches but there does seem to be a trend where mostly it's my four main players, one striker, two centre mids and one full back. The full back I can understand because with this being my first season in the division most teams are better and stronger than my lot so I tend to set my defence up to play hardish, the striker is the one that puzzles me more than anything, he is always set to easy tackling and his aggression stats are only 5 but much more often than not he will end up getting a booking in an awful lot of matches and usually after his very first tackle/foul (he, himself has picked up 12 cards and not even been used in every match). It is a bit annoying but fortunately I've got just about a big enough squad to cope with it, I suppose on the other hand it adds more to the game in a way because you've got to try and find a work around and re-arrange things accordingly....having said that I'd still like a few less fouls and bookings though.

...anyway, I'm shutting up now coz me and you are taking the thread slightly off topic....lol

Playing as Gloucester:

vs Eastwood - All players getting tired, took three off on 50 minutes due to 70% fitness. Jack Harris get's injured on 76 minutes, then Patrick Vaz on 83. Lose 2-0 due to this.

vs Hyde - Injury after 5 mins, put player on and other subs occur at 45 and 57 mins, due to fitness. Another injury to my striker on 77 minutes.

Happened in last two games, will note on updates.

I wouldn't say that's unrealistic. It seems like you're poaching your players too much. Managing a lower league team you must understand your players can't run as much and press as much as an EPL team. Your players shouldn't be running more than 90 km (team total) a game due to low fitness (stamina and natural fitness stats).

We had this debate some weeks back mate...... YES it does happen, if not ever time, it is most definitely most of the time but as usual it started a big argument where all those who 'don't see it' start insisting that it's your own fault for using your subs to early or the usual 'it's your tactics' rubbish comes out. I think a lot of stuff that goes on in the actual match gets missed by people because they accelerate their way through 20 years of football in a week. Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I tried it briefly and for some strange reason you don't tend to get anywhere near the same injuries or bookings if you play in 'holiday' or 'highlights' as you do if you use 'full match'.

Not even close. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say about 1 in 20 times happens for me, and I use my subs a lot.

But then again you're not exactly a poster here who gives considered and reasonable opinions are you?

Not seen a problem at all. 1/3 through the season and I have had two injuries. One was before the season kicked off, and the other a clash during a match. My players have picked up knocks in game but nothing to really write home about.

I think the bigger problem on this forum and ive been a follower for many many years, and its getting worse is, aggressive defensive comments like these. Which then derails the thread.

The only reason i made the Op was because its something i have definately noticed within my game, in no way did i slander Si (im a lover not a hater). I just plainly mentioned that id have noticed it myself and i just wanted to throw it out there for everyone else to see and comment on. But like so many people on here often say to people that have problems within this almost perfect game "screenshot or it never happened", thats seen as ok. But telling someone that they have never met, spoken to or never leyed an eye on the "attackers" said save thats its just your selective memory without providing any proof is seen as fine?

The reason why i felt i should bring this up was not to whine to si but because i feel its affecting my save. Getting bromley promoted to league 1 fairlly quickly is hugeeeee stress on the clubs finances meaning with a small squad i sometimes but only on very rare occasions maybe 3-4 times a season i will find myself in a situation where i need to make 3 "earlier" subs and then bang injury. Now if i made 3 "earlier" subs alot more often than 3-4 times a season then maybe u can say its "easier to have selective memory. But come on 3-4 times a season is not exactly hard to lose track of and i am no ****** ty. Again its a problem but its not game breaking as yet (3-4 times a season wont kill me). Its nuiscance that has no benefit to the game, yes i could be wrong and i hope i am, but someone accussing me of having selective memory that dont know me from adam and when i have more proof than him sitting here infront of me i dont find very constructive.

No you're wrong here. It's posts like this which are bringing the forum down. You see the problem is this:

1) People coming on moaning X is always happening why can't it stop?

2) Some of us come on and either point out the sheer idiocy of assuming one (or at most rare) occurances does not an always make or

2b) Some of us come on here and actually give good advice to help

3) The moaners call us fanboys and say we're defending a horrible game

4) We get sick of the moaners and start resorting to snippy comments like "It's your tactics" which while having a good chance of being true aren't very helpful (unlike 2 or 2b above)

5) Then ye start making general complaints like the post I've just quoted.

Look the simple fact of the matter is what you're experiencing is confirmation bias, where you expect a certain results so you remember the evidence for your expectations while forget the evidence against. It is very common and hard to guard against but you have to do it.

But the very worst thing to do is what you've just done in this thread, i.e. come on here try and argue a trend when there is none and then start shouting and roaring at people when they explain to you what has actually happened.

Krald, dafuge, taylorsmen and Kenco are all posters here who have a strong history of hitting the nail on the head as regards the game, they know it very well through lots of experience (they certainly know it better than I do) and they are very willing to say something is wrong when it actually is wrong. They are here to help you not knock you down because you disagree with them or are a "hater", and the sooner you get that clear the better use you'll get from the forums and the more friendlier they will seem from you.

And just let you know why we're asking for proof in these cases, it's a) because it is a very rare game which will show up these trends you're trying to argue (e.g. in a game I started I've played 17 matches so far made three subs in 10 and barring red cards have finished every game with 11 on the pitch) and b) the person posting the hypothesis is obliged by courtesy and decency to show some proof of any "trend" he/she may see. That will allow a lot of people to realise their mistakes before coming on here and clear a lot of clutter off the forums if it happened.

LOL calm down Mr i was actually enjoying a constructive thread till you arrived, show me once where i have shouted and roared, i seem to recall making a friendly joke with dafuge (or is this what u took the wrong way? lol) Also show me where i said this was a trend for all games, i didnt even mention that si have to fix anything (yet). Ill repeat its something >>>>>>I'VE<<<<<< noticed within my save and i just put out a question, not at any point have i acted like a troll or tried to make pointless remarks. At all times i have tried to the best of my ability to clearly explain myself.

As i said forums are getting ruined becuase of the way some people over defend things it just invited people to overattack. Read over all my posts in this thread to recheck if your comments are fair, maybe you have a different conception of what roaring and shouting is, if so your world must be a very scary place to live.

ps i dont expect an apology :p

LOL calm down Mr i was actually enjoying a constructive thread till you arrived, show me once where i have shouted and roared, i seem to recall making a friendly joke with dafuge (or is this what u took the wrong way? lol) Also show me where i said this was a trend for all games, i didnt even mention that si have to fix anything (yet). Ill repeat its something >>>>>>I'VE<<<<<< noticed within my save and i just put out a question, not at any point have i acted like a troll or tried to make pointless remarks. At all times i have tried to the best of my ability to clearly explain myself.

As i said forums are getting ruined becuase of the way some people over defend things it just invited people to overattack. Read over all my posts in this thread to recheck if your comments are fair, maybe you have a different conception of what roaring and shouting is, if so your world must be a very scary place to live.

ps i dont expect an apology :p

I'm pretty calm. And frankly if you think my post made a topic unconstructive (after the rant I qouted as well to make it even mor loltastic) then you are in serious need of a dictionary.

Oh and your comment about not acting like a troll, pure defensive that. I didn't accuse you of being a troll, moaner yes troll no, so you are making a false accusuation to make me seem more unreasonalbe. But then I like my comedy broad so your posts are right down my alley.

Oh, and why should I give you an apology. I gave you a cogent summation of this thread (including saying people like me often don't help by getting frustrated) and many similar ones, then went on to explain to you the most probable reason (IMO about 99.99% chance) of your apparent trend (you noticed a "trend", unless you're going to back that up chances are conformation bias. Prove me wrong I'd love it, for once someone to actually come on here make a moan about injuries, cards, long shot's, etc. and actually have the balls to find out what the actual situation is even within their own game). Then I pointed out that the people you are trying to paint in a bad light are strong posters with a history of helping others and not being asshats. And finally I gave you the two most important reasons for you furnishing proof (something you seem really reluctant to do).

And then you come on here and have another moan, somehow I don't think it's me has got his knickers in a twist over this. And again I will state it is you moaners who come on with baseless accusuations (and I am perfectly correct calling your statements baseless as you have furnished no proof to base those accusuations on) who are dragging down the threads not us helpful posters who try to understand the game and pass that understanding on.

And finally isn't it strange that something you said was 100% case at the top has now become a "trend" (whatever that means, 1 every 100 games like clockwork is a trend, you know)? Yeah seems to me that you actually know that you are wrong in this one but are not man enough to admit it.

Seriously get off your high horse, i asked you some questions in which you failed to answer and your post here is way way out of place seen as though i pretty much got what i asked for here and if you took as much care and attention in reading as you do in writing then you would have seen i even started to agree with many of the peoples points here and even thanked Dafuge for some proof in which he posted. The thread was going a ok for once till it seemed like after having a bad day you seemed to open this thread and just pick out the worst points and failed to read on and for some reason start accusing me of attacking people when all i did was thank them. the post you quoted me on was only my way of keeping this thread calm and made it double clear that i wasnt here to cause problems but just wanted answers. But u seemed to have failed to read that when the answers did come my way i actually agreed with most and was thanking them for there imput but u somehow find this as me moaning or roaring.

Some times i feel that the way things are defended on here the people doing it hold the game soo close to there hearts and it makes me suspicious that these guys are actually under pressure because they work there. Dont get exctited i dont actually beleive this but it just makes me soo curious why people get so loud over such small stuff. Not to bring dafuge into it but i would love to know if he agrees with you that i was roaring at his answers, or anyone elses for that matter.

[quote name=Brian Shanahan;6669649

And finally isn't it strange that something you said was 100% case at the top has now become a "trend" (whatever that means' date=' 1 every 100 games like clockwork is a trend, you know)? Yeah seems to me that you actually know that you are wrong in this one but are not man enough to admit it.[/quote]

Read again without your angry hat on and you will clearly see me say "seems like its happening to me.

i mean why else would i be posting on here asking a SIMPLE question, i wouldnt be doing that if i was completely %100 sure now would i?

i mean what are these forums for otherwise?? and thank you so much for proving me completly right, that someone like you would nose in and destroy something that was an inocent question :/ Like i said please point out anywhere (up untill u showed) where i had been rude? i aslo didnt accuse you of calling me a troll i just made it plain clear to you that i wasnt trolling so stop wasting your time but again your too angry/upset for some reason to see things for what they are.

again gz on being a big part of the problems this place is becoming.

I think the bigger problem on this forum and ive been a follower for many many years, and its getting worse is, aggressive defensive comments like these.

stoned there were no overly aggressive response to you.

all that was mentioned was selective memory (which I think is a valid argument), then a couple people saying its a coincidence because it hasn't happened to them (it hasn't happened to me either)....and thats pretty much it.

Selective memory is a valid argument as it is part of human nature. Good memories related to stuff like this game are seen as normal in our minds while bad memories leave a bigger imprint on your mind because they usually conjure up more powerful emotions. I'm managing man united so I will not remember every goal that rooney scores or messi scores (I signed messi :)) but I will remember when vidic's backpass was intercepted by klose in the semi-final of the champions league.

And I don't think that people saying it doesn't happen to them doesn't sound overly defensive to me.

Heck the only aggressive post I noticed was Azuru's when he called someone a blatant liar....and I'm pretty sure he is your side of this discussion :D

If there was an overly aggressive post directed to you, lemme know and I will see if I can re-word their argument in a less harsh tone (besides brian...you and him can finish that by yourselves....)

Lastly, have you considered the fact that you are in the lower leagues? Where are the players have lower fitness and stamina? Maybe you are running them into the ground every match.

stoned there were no overly aggressive response to you.

all that was mentioned was selective memory (which I think is a valid argument), then a couple people saying its a coincidence because it hasn't happened to them (it hasn't happened to me either)....and thats pretty much it.

Selective memory is a valid argument as it is part of human nature. Good memories related to stuff like this game are seen as normal in our minds while bad memories leave a bigger imprint on your mind because they usually conjure up more powerful emotions. I'm managing man united so I will not remember every goal that rooney scores or messi scores (I signed messi :)) but I will remember when vidic's backpass was intercepted by klose in the semi-final of the champions league.

And I don't think that people saying it doesn't happen to them doesn't sound overly defensive to me.

Heck the only aggressive post I noticed was Azuru's when he called someone a blatant liar....and I'm pretty sure he is your side of this discussion :D

If there was an overly aggressive post directed to you, lemme know and I will see if I can re-word their argument in a less harsh tone (besides brian...you and him can finish that by yourselves....)

Lastly, have you considered the fact that you are in the lower leagues? Where are the players have lower fitness and stamina? Maybe you are running them into the ground every match.

i was replying to this...."See, this is the problem with most people's posts on this forum"

Why should my simple question be seen as a problematic post? too your last point i totally agree with you and if you read up, its something i raised myself (along with other constructive theorys) which also got shot down. Well i say shot down but they all had valid points in which i did not disagree or argue with at all. The ONLY thing i did disagree with and in no rude way was people saying its selective memory where as i stated it only happens 4-5 times a season and its not hard for me to go back and check so said games to see if it was just in my head, which i did ofc. Now i can provide proof but i have never posted a picture online before and i dont intend to for this small problem either as i didnt know this was going to end up feeling like a court hearing, i was just trying to find if it happens to others and if there was something I was doing wrong.

And if you dont think Brian Shanahan comments are not overly aggresive ie me asking a simple question is now seen as moaning and roaring... then it just proves my point that this place is going down hill.

Btw dont get me wrong its not all bad i had no complaints at all and every one seemed very helpfull untill Brian Shanahan started throwing out false allegations which seems to be happening way too often for my liking. So what that if in my game i get someone injured, why does it bother him so much if i come here to ask if anyone else has noticed this? And tbh it seems (till now) i was right too, as Dafuge kindly pointed out that yes this was discussed indeph before and pointed me towards the thread in which i took the time to read through and thanked him for because it indeed was helpful.

The fact of the matter is that game-ending injuries happen way too often. It isn't triggered by using all 3 subs; some guy sprains his wrist and has to come out of the game, even though after the game he doesn't miss any time at all.

I only use 2 subs unless it's really late and I'm killing time or desperate. It shouldn't have to be this way.

i was replying to this...."See, this is the problem with most people's posts on this forum"

Why should my simple question be seen as a problematic post? too your last point i totally agree with you and if you read up, its something i raised myself (along with other constructive theorys) which also got shot down. Well i say shot down but they all had valid points in which i did not disagree or argue with at all. The ONLY thing i did disagree with and in no rude way was people saying its selective memory where as i stated it only happens 4-5 times a season and its not hard for me to go back and check so said games to see if it was just in my head, which i did ofc. Now i can provide proof but i have never posted a picture online before and i dont intend to for this small problem either as i didnt know this was going to end up feeling like a court hearing, i was just trying to find if it happens to others and if there was something I was doing wrong.

And if you dont think Brian Shanahan comments are not overly aggresive ie me asking a simple question is now seen as moaning and roaring... then it just proves my point that this place is going down hill.

Btw dont get me wrong its not all bad i had no complaints at all and every one seemed very helpfull untill Brian Shanahan started throwing out false allegations which seems to be happening way too often for my liking. So what that if in my game i get someone injured, why does it bother him so much if i come here to ask if anyone else has noticed this? And tbh it seems (till now) i was right too, as Dafuge kindly pointed out that yes this was discussed indeph before and pointed me towards the thread in which i took the time to read through and thanked him for because it indeed was helpful.

First off I ignored brian because he came much later on.

I'm glad that you found some of what was said to be helpful. Injuries suck be it in the first minute or a minute after you have made your last sub. And it is something that all managers have to deal with....especially the lower league ones where the players are less fit and the pitches are worse.

I have seen this but it doesn't happen very often though.

What does irritate me is a player going off leaving you playing out the rest of the game with 10 men. However that player isn't injured enough to miss further games. If he wasn't that injured to begin with why has he been stretchered off?

Gonna say it again... still think they match ending injuries vs knock ratio are bad. There are a few too many match ending injuries compared to knocks. I'm talking all around as well, not just for me, always see opponents losing players.

Bit annoyed by the randomness of them as well... seeing match ending injuries 10-20 minutes into a match, once in 2 consecutive matches is just silly. Between watching English, Italian, Spain, American, Champions leagues, and international ball I've been seeing maybe 1 match ending injury every 4-5 matches. In-game they seem to happen every 2 matches on average (ie, sometimes none, and sometimes 2-3 in one match, have -never- seen that irl btw). Whereas I see maybe 1 knock every 3-4 matches. Minor injuries are far more common then the serious stuff, come on.

I still think the game attempts to injure one of your players when you use up all of your subs. It's simple really. Try it yourself. If you set all of your players tackling to hard you get yellow/red cards left, right and center. You foul all over the place. The game takes that risk to take out one of your players when you use up all of your subs.

But the computer hardly ever uses all of its subs early say at half time or something

The only reason some of us defend the game is because there are some people who attack the game with exaggerated claims of incompetence. Now I'm not saying you are exaggerating your claim that this situation happens every game, but I don't know you so have no idea whether you are or not.

It just seems incredibly unlikely for this situation to happen every time you make 3 subs, which is why people ask for evidence. It's like trying to sell a talking frog without showing the buyer that it can talk. Sure, some people will just take your word for it, but I need to hear that frog talk before I hand over any cash!

I still think the game attempts to injure one of your players when you use up all of your subs. It's simple really. Try it yourself. If you set all of your players tackling to hard you get yellow/red cards left, right and center. You foul all over the place. The game takes that risk to take out one of your players when you use up all of your subs.

But the computer hardly ever uses all of its subs early say at half time or something

prove it then, show me hard evidence that the AI deliberately try to injure your players. Otherwise stop making things up.

Archived