Live from Moscow: The 2005 FMS Awards

Raptor

How it all began...

an undisclosed London hotel…………

Roman Abramovich: Comrades, our plans for footballing domination are progressing well. Alex, it would have been better had you not gone in with Comrade Mandaric though. You should havbe bought another club on your own, we need to spread our resources. We are not moving quickly enough.

Vladimir Romanov: But there is only so much that so few of us can do.

Abramovich: It would help, Vladimir, if you did not go sacking the best thing to happen to your club in twenty years.

Romanov: But he wouldn’t pick my Lithuanian friends. We have to make sure that our comrades our playing as well as just buying the clubs.

Abramovich: Indeed, but hiring Graham Rix was a big f*cking mistake, even if you did do well by making your son Chairman and Chief Executive. I assume he will also be the next manager?

Romanov: That is the plan.

Abramovich: Good. Still, we need to move quicker.

Alexandre Gaydamak: But what can we do? We surely cannot buy the national teams?

Romanov: Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Comrades, we need something that is more than just football, something that speaks to the fans, something that is a way of life.

Marko Frostinov: Comrades, I know of just such a thing…………

A week later...

Abramovich: The plan is set in place? The Dutch one is out of the way?

Frostinov: Yes. He thinks he has a Bulgarian girlfriend. The mail order company were very helpful. She has him imprisoned in his own personal hell.

Abramovich: Excellent. And the other mod, the fat one?

Romanov: He was easy. We merely left a trail of cakes for him to follow. He is safely locked away. He will be no trouble.

Abramovich: Wonderful. Well done, Comrades. It appears as if we have succeeded. Once we begin handing out their awards then they will love us forever; they will be begging more of us to come and buy their beloved clubs. Soon every player in the Premiership will be a Comrade.

Gaydamak: Shall we get this underway?

Abramovich: Yes. It is time for FMS to fall in love with its Eastern rulers………

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How it all began...

an undisclosed London hotel…………

Roman Abramovich: Comrades, our plans for footballing domination are progressing well. Alex, it would have been better had you not gone in with Comrade Mandaric though. You should havbe bought another club on your own, we need to spread our resources. We are not moving quickly enough.

Vladimir Romanov: But there is only so much that so few of us can do.

Abramovich: It would help, Vladimir, if you did not go sacking the best thing to happen to your club in twenty years.

Romanov: But he wouldn’t pick my Lithuanian friends. We have to make sure that our comrades our playing as well as just buying the clubs.

Abramovich: Indeed, but hiring Graham Rix was a big f*cking mistake, even if you did do well by making your son Chairman and Chief Executive. I assume he will also be the next manager?

Romanov: That is the plan.

Abramovich: Good. Still, we need to move quicker.

Alexandre Gaydamak: But what can we do? We surely cannot buy the national teams?

Romanov: Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Comrades, we need something that is more than just football, something that speaks to the fans, something that is a way of life.

Marko Frostinov: Comrades, I know of just such a thing…………

A week later...

Abramovich: The plan is set in place? The Dutch one is out of the way?

Frostinov: Yes. He thinks he has a Bulgarian girlfriend. The mail order company were very helpful. She has him imprisoned in his own personal hell.

Abramovich: Excellent. And the other mod, the fat one?

Romanov: He was easy. We merely left a trail of cakes for him to follow. He is safely locked away. He will be no trouble.

Abramovich: Wonderful. Well done, Comrades. It appears as if we have succeeded. Once we begin handing out their awards then they will love us forever; they will be begging more of us to come and buy their beloved clubs. Soon every player in the Premiership will be a Comrade.

Gaydamak: Shall we get this underway?

Abramovich: Yes. It is time for FMS to fall in love with its Eastern rulers………

Raptor: Where are you taking me? I need to be at the awards soon. They can’t be run without me.

Bulgarian Mail Order Bride: Be quiet. You’ll get there in plenty of time. You’ll love where I’m taking you.

R: Will you come to the awards with me? No one believes you’re real. They all think I’ve made you up to make me seem more interesting. As if I need to be more interesting. They worship me. But still they think you’re fake. It must just be because they’re so intimidated by me.

BMOB: You have no idea how right they are……………… I mean, of course I’ll come darling. Anything to make you happy.

R: Thank you. Are you going to tell me where we’re going yet?

BMOB: We’re here. You can take off your blindfold now.

R: AMSTERDAM? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Roman Romanov: Are yousad that you’re missing your precious awards?

Terk: Hell no! I’m getting to smash Hibs merchandise with a baseball bat and eat cake at the same time. I could be up for an Oscar and be missing the ceremony right now and I wouldn’t give a ****.

R. Romanov: Honestly, it’s always the same. Give a fat kid a cake and you’ll amuse him for hours.

Wanders in, wrapped in his new £60 FatFace jumper and takes his usual seat at the back.

Sets up his portable TV

Feels slightly guilty that he's wathcing the *gulp* darts! Especially as he only turned on by accident, and it's two Dutchmen in the final - but I'm hooked!

Live from the Rossiya Hotel, Moscow

Opening:

Roman A: Comrades, welcome to the all new FMS awards. This years awards will feature a fabulous entertainment programme brought to you by the Bolshoi Ballet and plenty of vodka for all your drinking needs. And of course, the actual handing out of the awards. But first, let me introduce one of my co-hosts for the evening, Crazy Ivan.

Crazy Ivan: Thank you, comrade chairman, I am very much delighted to be part of this momentous occasion in the history of the Soviet Union.

Roman: As you all know, this years awards have taken a slightly different format. The organisation committee has decided that some awards were not in the spirit of the Motherland and as a result these awards have been dropped for this years ceremony. However, we still have a total of seventeen awards to be handed out during the course of this evening, so I suggest you sit back and relax as the show unfolds before you. But first, Ivan here will start of the proceedings by signing the national anthem.

Ivan:

Soy'ooz neroosh'imi resp'ooblik svob'odnikh

Splot'ila nav'eki vel'ikaia Rus

Da zdr'avstvooyet sozdanni voley nar'odov

Yed'ini mog'oochi Sov'etski Soy'ooz

Sl'avsa ot'echestvo n'ashe svob'odnoye

Dr'oojbi nar'odov nady'ojni opl'ot

P'artia L'enina, - s'ila narodnaya

Nas k torjestv'oo kommun'izma vedy'ot

Skvoz g'odi siy'alo nam s'ontse svob'oodi

I L'enin vel'iki nam put ozar'il

Na pr'avoye d'elo on p'odnal nar'odi

na tr'ood i na p'odvigi nas vdokhnov'il

V pob'ede bessm'ertnih idey kommoon'izma

Mi v'idim grad'oosheye n'ashey strani

I kr'asnomoo zn'ameni sl'avnoj otch'izni

Mi b'oodem vsegd'a bezav'etno verni

Unbreakable Union of freeborn Republics,

Great Russia has welded forever to stand.

Created in struggle by will of the people,

United and mighty, our Soviet land!

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,

Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.

O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,

To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Through tempests the sunrays of freedom have cheered us,

Along the new path where great Lenin did lead.

To a righteous cause he raised up the peoples,

Inspired them to labor and valorous deed.

[Or, the old way:

Be true to the people, thus Stalin has reared us,

Inspire us to labor and valorous deed!]

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,

Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.

O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,

To Communism's triumph lead us on!

In the vict'ry of Communism's deathless ideal,

We see the future of our dear land.

And to her fluttering scarlet banner,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Dave: are you absolutely sure your votes were sent to fms@zelenazvezda.com?

Otherwise, try sinnfein at versatel.nl (don't want it spammed so no @ in there) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure, yes. If you didn't get them, then never mind. Perhaps we can just proceed. It's all the same to me, really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WLKRAS:

But first, let me introduce one of my co-hosts for the evening, Crazy Ivan.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet he goes starboard if it's before 7.45

[dubious film reference)

ah the darts is rubbish tonight, both finalists are from some really crappy country anyway icon_razz.gif

finally takes a casual seat, unfurls jacket and sits slovenly, with a click of the fingers, shades automatically jump out of place and into left hand. With the eyes firmly facing forward, shades are replaced, the wallet's out and a casual and slight but obvious finger is pointed towards the waiter.

* double jim beam, neat, no ice, get*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Ah, familiar faces. G'day Dave, g'day flipers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Spav. And everyone icon_smile.gif

Crazy Ivan

Welcome to Russia people. As you see, we've had a few technical problems. You must understand not all equipment here is millennium proof.

Now, without further delay, a quick explaination of the order of presentation tonight.

We will begin with the minor overall awards, followed by the geographical awards, and then to round off the ceremony, the main overall awards for 2005 will be handed out.

There will be no official break, this is Russia, we drink non-stop. Vodka is on the house tonight, but English people: please PACE YOURSELF. Some of our old KGB-comrades now employed as bouncers haven't seen too much action of late, and any excuse will do really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

*RACE ya!* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1980, aged 21. Broke up with a girlfriend, drank 1/4 bottle in two hours neat (yeah yeah, slow I know) then added lime cordial and downed the rest in 20 minutes!

2002 - Reading Festival, bottle of Sainsbury's own-brand cheap sh1te down in three (not something to be proud of really, NOT clever, but the occasion took over)

Still want to race? icon_biggrin.gif

Roman Abramovich

Without futher ado, we shall begin our awards ceremony. Our first award tonight is for Most Missed FMSer. Rumor has it winners of these awards are sighted regularly in the Gulag, but the official party standing on that is "no comment"

The nominees in this catergory:

BrianW

Educated Hick

13litZ

spurzgrrl

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

*RACE ya!* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1980, aged 21. Broke up with a girlfriend, drank 1/4 bottle in two hours neat (yeah yeah, slow I know) then added lime cordial and downed the rest in 20 minutes!

2002 - Reading Festival, bottle of Sainsbury's own-brand cheap sh1te down in three (not something to be proud of really, NOT clever, but the occasion took over)

Still want to race? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tortoise and the Hare my man icon_cool.gif Can't win the race if you're in a coma icon_razz.gif

want to make that Horlicks Russian? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure (that means poured over snow and served through a gas pipeline, right?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

By the way Rap, are you cheering either of these Dutch arrow-men in particular? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jelle!

Everyone here thinks Barney is a f*cking ultra-arrogant c*nt. We only wanted him to beat the others cos he's Dutch and it's good for the sport here, but Klaassen is so much nicer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

Sure (that means poured over snow and served through a gas pipeline, right?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you worry about a thing... I'll just take your mug here... pour it into this liter glass here, and top it up with er 'spicy water'

Vladimir Romanov

Titles are important, Comrades. They give the first impression to your faithful, loyal readers. Such a title as “Barcelona appoint Donovan Robertson†leaves little to the imagination. The ones you have chosen to nominate for this prestigious award are obviously far better:

The nominees for Best Story Title are:

bartley_m “When in Rome, Don't bring in a bunch of Brits and get relagated…â€

Brian of Nazareth " What Is It With You And The Jews Adolf?"

maollelujah “Cloughie can kiss my ass…â€

No thanks.

*reaches for potplant to pour vodka into, asks waiter for a Crown Lager instead.*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Jelle!

Everyone here thinks Barney is a f*cking ultra-arrogant c*nt. We only wanted him to beat the others cos he's Dutch and it's good for the sport here, but Klaassen is so much nicer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking good then, the kid's impressed me hugely

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

No thanks.

*reaches for potplant to pour vodka into, asks waiter for a Crown Lager instead.* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't even tempt you with a pint of uri- er Fosters?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

Sure (that means poured over snow and served through a gas pipeline, right?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you worry about a thing... I'll just take your mug here... pour it into this liter glass here, and top it up with er 'spicy water' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Brian.

*glug, glug, glug*

Wow, tastes good - didn't realise that i was so thirsty!

*begins to slip out of chair*

Vladimir Romanov

and the award goes to:

bartley_m for “When in Rome, Don't bring in a bunch of Brits and get relagated…â€

Nice to see that FMS standards are already slipping; you lot can't even spell things right nowadays.

Archived