A Vida Curta (LLR's Short Challenges)

Challenge 4: Do you have the Heart? (The Hard Road) LLR's Attempt

Melbourne Heart FC

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxEyYfxhfkCpgBnE7_IqMsOAkrir9VaF22zR8laMdv08e58KLHzw

The Summary

Well the Phoenix lost to the Fury and gave the North Queenslanders the title on the final day of the league, this meant that the Heart would be travelling to Wellington for their first game. It is never easy to make the trip across the Tasman, but in this case the Heart had a lot of motivation to prove that making the finals at all was not a fluke and that they could go further if they just put the effort in.

Phoenix vs Heart 3:3p (2-4 on Pens) FT - 1:1

Worm (24), Hoffman (111), Babalj (120+1)

Well after we scored first, I thought there was a good chance for us to go through, but just 4 minutes later they scored an equaliser, and this sent it all the way to extra time. We were in serious trouble as they scored 2 goals early on, and it took a goal from Hoffman after 111 mins and then a very late one from Babalj to get us to Penalties, a great set of shots from the spot meant we went through in a great result.

Brisbane Roar vs Heart 4:2

Babalj (54), Sibon (60)

Well the Roar made us have to attack from early on as they scored twice inside the first 5 minutes, a terrible start and we went all out from that moment, but ended up conceding another before halftime. Even some harsh words at halftime were no good as we went down 4 nil, no idea what happened to the form. We came back with two goals at 54 minutes and 60 minutes, but that was never going to be enough and we saw the challenge over.

Points System

Pts in this challenge are added together

Win Minor Semifinal: 5pts

Lose in Minor Final: 0pts

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 0pts (Never made Grand Final)

Score 3 Goals per Game: 5 Goals (2.5/Game) 0pts

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 7 Goals (3.5/Game) 0pts

One Player Scores 4 Goals: No 0pts

Total: 5 Points

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Challenge 3: Mainz

An up and down 16 games in charge finishing with a record of 6-2-8 scoring 24 goals and conceding 31.

We began with a 2-0 defeat at Dortmund in the cup and followed that with a 4-0 defeat at Bayern in the league, not a good start. Back to winning ways though in the Rheinland-Pfalz Derby with a 2-1 win over Kaiserslautern. A win and a loss in the next two matches were followed by a thrilling 4-3 away win at Hannover. 2 more defeats against European chasing sides were followed by two excellent wins; the first a dominant 4-0 home win over Dusseldorf, the second a smash and grab 3-1 away win at Wolfsburg. Finally, 2 more defeats were followed by an average 1-2-1 record in the final four games to finish off the season.

Points System

Avoid Relegation (Finish 15th): 5pts

Beaten Quarter Finalists: 0pts

Results

Squad Stats

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 15pts No

Win 10 Games: 10pts No

Score >48 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) No

Concede <16 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) No

Sebastian Freis Top German Cup Goalscorer: 5pts Yes

A total score of 10 pts.

Challenge 8 Aidan's Attempt

To Summarise, i think i done okay in this challenge. Getting Scotland to the quarters of the world cup, John Fleck, Kris Boyd and Danny Wilson particularly impressed me, Fleck scored some absolute screamers, i eventually went out to Argentina, a 2-1 defeat in extra time after a 0-0 90 mins. i have a few images here too.

scotlandscotlandfixture.jpgworldcupinformationstag.jpgworldcupinformationstag.jpg

Points System

Win the World Cup: 75pts No

Finish Runners-up: 60pts No

Losing Semifinalists: 40pts No

Losing Quarterfinalists: 20pts Yes

Lose in 2nd Round: 10pts No

Finish 3rd in Group: 5pts No

Bonus Points

Win Golden Boot: 15pts No

Score 10 or more Group Stage Goals: 5pts No

Concede <4 Group Stage Goals: 5pts Yes

World Ranking: 9pts (If end of World Cup sees you ahead of Mexico, Chile & Nigeria [3pts per team]) 9pts

Overall Total........

34pts

Challenge 7 Aidan's attempt

I done better with Croatia than i did Scotland anyway, not by much but its an improvement, i got to the semi-final when i was knocked out by the new holders............... ENGLAND ! they actually won something, anyway. I was lucky to get through the groups i drawed 3-3 with Norway 2-2 with Belarus and won 1-0 against Italy. I got screenies again, here they are.

croatiacroatiafixtures.jpgcroatiacroatiafixtures.jpgeuropeanfootballchampio.jpg

Points System

Win the European Champs: 50pts

Finish Runner-ups: 25pts

Losing Semifinalist: 15pts Yes

Losing Quarterfinalist: 10pts

Lose in 2nd Round: 5pts

Fail to Get out of Group: 0pts

Bonus Points

Golden Boot Winner: 15pts No

Never Need Extra Time: 10pts (Must make Semis) Yes

Score 10 or more Group Stage Goals: 5pts No

Concede <4 Group Stage Goals: 5pts No

A grand total of..... 25pts

i actually deleted the save game earlier but i know that i was 10th Chile 11th Mexico 12th and Nigeria 13th, i think it was just coincidence that they were all together

Thats cool, I will give you the points for it as I do believe you looking at the final results of each team. Good luck wherever you go next.

Challenge 3: The Mainstay LLR's Attempt

1.FSV Mainz 05

150px-FSV_Mainz_05.png

The Summary

Well the game started with the expected 2:0 loss to Dortmund, we then very nearly caused an upset as it took a late goal by Bayern Munich to get past us 3:2. We then went 11 games unbeaten in a streak that basically saved us from relegation and meant we were more in a battle for the top half of the league rather than the bottom half. This run included great 3:1 results over Schalke and Wolfsberg, and draws with Hannover and Werder Bremen. We finished the season with a loss to Cottbus and two draws against Leverkusen & Dortmund. The major good point for us was Sami Allagui who managed to score 15 goals while I was in charge, an insane goalscoring ratio considering he missed early games with injury, and one in the middle due to suspension.

League Table: Finished 10th

Squad Stats

Fixtures

Sam Allagui

Points System

Finish 7th - 10th: 10pts (10th)

Losing Quarterfinalists: 0pts

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: No 0pts

Win 10 Games: No 0pts

Score >48 Goals: 26G 0pts

Concede <16 Goals: 13G 10pts

Sebastian Freis Top German Cup Goalscorer: No 0pts

Grand Total: 20pts

Challenge 7: Champion Croats(jimbowmanuk)

I have decided to take part in these challenges and thought I'd start with the internation ones as they are quicker challenges

I managed to win the Euro Champs with Croatia mainly due to a series of shock results, a bit disappointed I lost to Italy as it meant I wasn't able to go unbeaten

Euro Champs Group B Final Standings

Knockout Stages

As you'll see the shock results here

Croatia 2-1 Belgium aet

My super Sub Ivo Ilicevic came off the bench to score the winner

Nikola Kalinic was also Golden boot winner Golden Boot

So in summary a very good performance against Holland to make the quarters then favourable draw to win it my points are as follows(please inform me if I've got any wrong)

Win the Euros 50pts

Golden Boot 15pts

Never need Extra Time 10pts

concede <4 in groups 10pts

Total 85pts

I'm now going to download the Scotland one so hopefully more success

A great effort there jimbowman, amazing the results in the second round that saw basically all the top teams drop out of contention. I am going to only be able to award you 75pts as you did need extra time in the winning of the Final against Belgium. Other than that an awesome first up effort there.

I am going to try the Croat challenege as well as the new zealand ones to start i think.

Just for jimbowman, you needed extra time so you don't get the extra 10 points. but 75 is sitll very impressive. so well done

A great effort there jimbowman, amazing the results in the second round that saw basically all the top teams drop out of contention. I am going to only be able to award you 75pts as you did need extra time in the winning of the Final against Belgium. Other than that an awesome first up effort there.

yeah no probs wasn't sure about that one cause it said semi's on the bonus points, so wasn't sure if the final counted or not

Challenge 8: The Group of Death(jimbowmanuk)

Well not an easy group to play in at all after losing the 1st game 2-0 managed to win 3-1 and 2-0 to advance to the 2nd round where i played New Zealand(maybe another easy route to the final I thought) after winning 2-0 Germany were up next and proved to be far superior putting me out in the quarter final stage

World Cup Group B standings

Knockout Stage

World Rankings after World Cup

my points are as follows

concede <4 goals in group 5pts

losing quarter finalist 20pts

World ranking(only higher than mexico) 3pts

total 28pts

Right on with the Wolves challenge now

That is a pretty solid effort with Scotland Jim, good to see them getting to the Quarterfinals at least. Best of luck with Wolves, that is definitely one I enjoyed.

yeah just beat west ham 3-1 in the 1st game with fletcher scoring twice so I think i'm gonna like it too

Challenge 2: Are you Stan Culis?(jimbowmanuk)

Well this proved to be a good challenge to do after winning the 1st 3-1, i found myself 3-1 up at half time at old trafford to end up only holding out for a 3-3 draw, but managed to go the entire 14 games unbeaten by winning 8 and drawing 6 scoring 22 and conceding 11 with Fletcher scoring 11 of those to finish top scorer

Final Premier League Table

Wolves Results

League Top Scorer

so by my reckoning

finished 3rd 10pts

unbeaten 10pts

concede<14 10pts

Fletcher top scorer 5pts

Total 35pts

I'll have to read over the other challenges before deciding which one to try next

Challenge 5: Risen from the Ashes (The Easy Road)(jimbowmanuk)

Thought I'd give this a go having never managed in Australia before i was breaking new ground and when I won 4-2 to win the League I thought it would be fairly easy

Final League Standings

How wrong I was though, my strikers were impotent in every game after that losing 1-0 in the 1st leg of the major semi followed by 1-0 in the 2nd leg so I was left with Preliminary Final to play with no prizes for guessing what the score was, thats right lost 1-0 again

Phoenix results

so looks like the only points are 15 for winning the league

Total 15pts

That is just an awesome effort there with Wolves, and that is a bit harsh in the Playoffs with the Phoenix, not an easy little challenge though that one.

Good Luck if you decide to complete any more.

Cheers LLR I think my success/failure is down to my Wenger style of play by using the same tactic for all of them and being too stubborn to change it, I'm gonna do the Melbourne one now then maybe the Mainz one

Good work on putting all these together, I like the randomness and quickness of the challenges who knows maybe SI will add scenarios to future editions

Challenge 4: Do you have the Heart? (The Hard Road)(jimbowmanuk)

A quick one this only managed to play 2 matches but at least I won one of them

Minor Semi-final

fortunate enough to win this on pens after an exciting open game that ended 3-3

Minor Final

This game could've gone either way but Brisbanes superior finishing made the difference

win minor semifinal 5pt

Total 5pts

Next up is the Mainz challenge

Challenge 2: The Mainstay(jimbowmanuk)

Started this challenge with a fortunate 1-0 win against Dortmund in the cup, survival was more than possible I thought until 2 league defeats in a row put me bottom of the league. A lucky draw in the cup had me playing against Division 2 Gladbach who I dispatched 3-0 with three of my four cup goals coming from Freis I knew those points were as good as guaranteed, in the league I managed to get the results against the teams in the dogfight including beating Werder Bremen who were 3rd at the time, I sat in 14th going into the last game of the season ahead of Frankfurt on goal difference and Furth 1 point back, my team never looked in contention against Dortmund losing 2-0, Frankfurt managed to win but luckily Furth lost so 15th place was where I finished

Final League Standings

Mainz Results

The cup final had drawn me against Hoffenhiem, a team who beat me 4-3 in a thrilling league encounter. In the match 2 of my players were injured inside the 1st half an hour so I was left with little in the way of tactical substitions, however I decided to bring on my Hungarian scoring machine at half-time with game 0-0, he scored on the hour mark with the game being quite even but then my players condition was dropping fast and with no more subs to make Hoffenhiem scored twice in the last 5 minutes to end the european dream.

Cup Final

Cup Top Scorer

points are as follows

avoid relegation 15th 5pts

cup runner-up 10pts

cup top scorer 5pts

Total 20pts

Challenge 5 - Risen From the Ashes - Aidan's attempt

Well this challenge was ok for me i guess, but the matches against perth glory were a nightmare. i lost i the major semi finals to them(twice), in the league i lost and in the grand finals, no prizes for guessing right, i lost. Although North Qld Fury were a different story, 3-2 victory in the league and 2-2 win after et and penalties in the Preliminary Final, i officially hate North Qld Fury but at least Robbie Fowler didn't score against me, that's called betrayal lol. Anyway Screenies

wellingtonphoenixfc.jpghyundaialeaguefinalsser.jpghyundaialeagueregularse.jpg

Win Minor Premiership: 15pts yes

Win 1 Leg of Major Semi: 5pts (And Lose) no

Win Major Semifinal: 10pts no

Lose on Penalties in Minor Semifinal: 1pt no

Win Minor Semifinal: 5pts no

Lose on Penalties in Minor Final: 2pts

Win Minor Final: 7pts no

Lose in Extra Time Preliminary Final: 1pt no

Lose on Penalties in Preliminary Final: 3pts no

Win on Penalties in Preliminary Final: 7pts yes

Win Preliminary Final: 10pts no

Lose on Penalties in Grand Final: 4pts no

Win Grand Final: 20pts (This would be worth a total of 39 & 42pts) no

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 15pts (Must win Grand Final) no

Score 3 Goals per Game: 10pts no

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 5pts no

One Player Scores 4 Goals: 10pts no

Complete Double: 10pts no

A grand total of..... 22pts not my best performance but it'll have to do

Thats 6 challenges done so far but the other 2 may take longer to complete as my computer is not the quickest on large databases

Excellent work there Jim, I will be putting up at least three more challenges over the weekend, am hoping to make it another lot of 4, but going through my 10 different holiday games has found nothing that really excites me as a 12th Challenge, so it may be a new idea and then it could be a little later on...

This should include some with smaller databases.

Challenge 5 - Risen From the Ashes - Aidan's attempt

Well this challenge was ok for me i guess, but the matches against perth glory were a nightmare. i lost i the major semi finals to them(twice),

Win 1 Leg of Major Semi: 5pts (And Lose) no

Win Major Semifinal: 10pts no

Congrats Aidan, I get 27pts as you won the second leg of the Minor Semifinal 2:1 in a losing effort. Good work and good luck wherever you go next...

A quick Teaser, in the next three Challenges there will be one based in the Carribean and one as a top English Prem League team...

Good Effort there aaberdeenn, nice to see people continuing with all my challenges. Because some have reached the limits of their computers with the smaller/medium challenges, I have added three more challenges to the list, Netherlands Antilles, Sassuolo & Manchester United. I will make sure full rules are added to the 4th post at some point in the next 24 hours including the points system, this is already up for Netherlands Antilles, but its getting late here so the write up for the other two will need to wait til tomorrow. Thanks everyone who hs shown interest so far, and good luck for all people participating going forward.

For the twelfth challenge I am looking for a lower league club somewhere in the world. Should have something by the end of the weekend.

Aidan - Good Luck with Padroense, quite a nice little challenge in lower league Portugal that one. I also am not delighted about leading Man U to a Champions League, but looking over the history on that save it was really the only option.

aaberdeenn - That one is a spectacular effort with Blackburn, great to see them qualifying for the Champions League, and only conceding 10 goals is even more impressive. Good luck wherever you go next.

So far beaten Newcastle 2-0 and also nicked a 1-0 win at the Emirates. Next game is QPR in the cup.

Question: If I finish fourth but someone does a Liverpool, do I still get CL points as I finished in what SHOULD be a CL slot.

So far beaten Newcastle 2-0 and also nicked a 1-0 win at the Emirates. Next game is QPR in the cup.

Question: If I finish fourth but someone does a Liverpool, do I still get CL points as I finished in what SHOULD be a CL slot.

No the points are for "Qualifying Champions League", so be hoping for that to not happen, or head off and come third to make yourself safe ;)

Challenge 7: Croatia

Screenshots:

Group Stage

Fixtures

Golden Boot

Points System

Win the European Champs: 50pts - No

Finish Runner-ups: 25pts - No

Losing Semifinalist: 15pts - No

Losing Quarterfinalist: 10pts - Yes

Lose in 2nd Round: 5pts - No

Fail to Get out of Group: 0pts - No

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 15pts - No

Golden Boot Winner: 15pts - Yes

Never Need Extra Time: 10pts (Must make Semis) - No

Score 10 or more Group Stage Goals: 5pts - No

Concede <4 Group Stage Goals: 5pts - Yes

Total Points = 35

No the points are for "Qualifying Champions League", so be hoping for that to not happen, or head off and come third to make yourself safe ;)

That almost happened to me but thankfully Spurs (who finished 6th) lost in the CL final against Roma. :D

That said, we only just squeezed into 4th as Arsenal lost 3-1 at home to Man City on the final day whilst we won 3-1 against Sunderland. +1 GD was the difference in the end so if we'd only won 2-1 we would have missed out on goals scored.

Challenge 6: Roving to Europe(jimbowmanuk)

Well an interesting challenge this one drawn against Aston Villa in the cup and they soundly beat me 2-0 so not entering europe via the cup but I am via the league by a mammoth achievement of winning 8 games drawing 2 and losing 1, the game I lost was against West Brom with the score tied 1-1 Pedersen missed a penalty only for them to go up the park and score, sitting in 4th spot on the last day of the season only 1pt behind Man Utd and Arsenal, Man Utd lost at home to Spurs and Aresenal were held 1-1 by Man City at the Emirates but fortunately I was able to beat Sunderland 2-1 to secure 2nd place in the League and qualify for the champions league, on a final note after beating Chelsea 2-1 results went their way and they were crowned champions

Final League Standings

Final Day Results

Blackburns Results

now the points

Qualify for champions league 15pts

concede <11 10pts

win 6 games 5pts

Total 30pts

With some new challenges posted I'll have to decide where my management abilities head next

Archived