[FM11] Saints and Sinners

jackripper

Great write up, Jack. I absolutely love the aim of trying to win every competition more times than anyone else. Well done on adding another CC to your collection.

yeah its probably the main reason why ive continued this save. Also like rebuilding squads aswell.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southampton FC 2026/27 Review

English-Premier-League-300x300.jpg

englishpremierdivisioniye.png

We have new champions in the suprise name of Arsenal who seem to come out of nowhere to win the title. Man City were made favourites but it was Arsenal who snook under our noses to take the title. We started the season badly and one time found ourselves 12th after 9 games. We are definataly a second half season team as we improved greatly to catch up. We spent most of the season in 5th until back to back wins over Manchester City and United set us up for a late title challenge. However disaster struck as with 4 games to go a crushing 2-0 defeat at home against Huddersfield of all bloody teams cost us. We played a lot of games this season with the Club Championships and Domestic cups taking its toll. Especially on my older players.

Arsenal shocked the world by appointing Usa born manager Kevin Smith took over the reins from Ney Franco who left at the end of 2025. He first took over the USA national job and did okay. His first break then would be with Reading Football Club and despite leading Reading to the Npower Championship title in 2023 the season was followed by Relegation from the Premier League. However this didnt deter Arsenal and they finally landed there man. He has guided the Gunners to the 2026 League Cup and now the League title in 2027. The heartbeat of the team is English midfielder John Lyons who at 22 has the world at its feet. Im a huge admirer and even bidded around £40million straight up but that was rejected.

Southampton F.C 2026/27 Champions League Review

champions.jpg

southamptonsouthamptonf.png

Defending Europe was my main objective before the title as i want to cut the gap on 12 times winners Real Madrid. We have won 6 so far and our best European campaign was last season where we went through the whole Campaign without losing which is some feat. Surely we couldnt do it again? We started the group stages where we drew Sevilla, Spartak Moscow and some Czech Rep minnow Jablonec. It was clear to see who the whipping boys were going to be when we beat them 7-0 in the opening game. They werent the only team though to fall on a heavy defeat against us. We put 8 past spartak Moscow and 7 on Marseille. We were sensational again. We cleared the group with 2 games to spare. After drawing 2-2 against Marseille away we smashed them 7-0 at home to progress to the Quarter final where we would face Man United. This was probably our hardest game in the past years of the competition but we eventually went through winning 3-1 on agg.

The semi final Drew us against Inter who managed by Jose Moruinhio thought that i was apparantly out of my depth. Clear mind games by the Special one however i didnt bite and after a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the San Siro i felt good about our chances. The 2nd leg we shoved Joses words right down his throat with a display of poor defending but clinical finishing. A Semi Final showed how its meant to be played. Free flowing attacking with some awful defending. We managed to win the goal bonanza 6-3 and here we were heading to the final against new English Champions Arsenal.

The final was a chance for my players to get some revenge and stop Arsenal adding the big one to the title they just won. Players were fresh after being rested for the final league game. I managed to get legendary striker Leo Werdens fit and also 32 year old right winger Ricardo Medina fresh aswell. Age maybe catching up but there talent is still there. Replacing them will be virtually impossible. Another 3 veterans of the club 30 year olf right back Leandro and Left back and Captian Toon Willems who at 33 still rolls on. In goal we had 32 year old legendary Goalkeeper Francisco so you could say we had some experience in the team. We also had some youth in the team with midfielders Vega 21 and Ayuso only 20 they would be the legs to carry the older generation.

Experience is vital and it showed as a young Arsenal side stepped up against us and after a drab first half it showed as 32 year old winger showed some pace as he burst down the right and slotted the ball home to make it 1-0. Arsenal were kicked into life but lack of experience showed as they attacked and put us under pressure we escaped with a counter attack and who else but ex Arsenal striker Leo Werdens to score from 6 yards and kill of the game. 2-0 and we are crowned champions of Europe again. The show of my clubs dominance in Europe shows even more so now that we havent lost a game in the last 2 years, Remarkable when you think about it.

• 1 month later...

Francisco32 years old and still one of the greatest keepers the world has ever seen. A Saints legend and has over 500 league appearances for the club. A little bit less than the current Saints record holder but still at a level where he could break that record. Experienced who is aiding the development of my young goalkeeper Igor Durica

Igor Durica The next Francisco? Who knows he surely has the talent and ability to become a world great but does he have the patience to stick around as a number 2 in the next couple of years as I look to fade out Francisco.

Leandro Another legend in the same bracket aa Francisco, Has been at the club years and also a regular in the Brazillian national team. Currently in the midset of replacing due to his age but is there anyone who can fill these boots?

Giuseppi Venturi New signing from Roma and at 21 has time to adapt to the English game. Im hoping he can improve a bit more before looking at wether he can replace Leandro.

Aslan 30 year old commanding centre back has been at the back bone of my defence for nearly 10 years and after getting rid of my other 30 year old centre back Jorge Molina to cut down the age of me defence. Will be looking to replace in next few seasons.*

Robert 24 year old centre back who stepped in to fill Molinas boots and did it execpetionally well. Slotted in at the back with ease and surprised me with how well he played. Justified the chairmans decision to get rid of Molina to Man City.

Rodrigo 19 year old who has made his way from my u18s through my reserves and now in my first team squad. Has come a far way and will save me loads of money in buying a replacement* for Aslan.

Borja AyusoBrilliant debut season from my young centre midfielder. 22 years old and alongside Y.Vega who is 25 will be my heart beat for many years in the team.

Benjamin Vollmer Was signed a few years back as a replacement for Leandro but hasn’t really hit the heights I expected. Still only 20 so does provide good cover to the squad.

Toon Willems Legend and the best left back in the world still despite being 33 years old. Not sure if he could do another full season so will be looking to rest him as much as possible to resume his career with us at the very top. Saints legend.

Harald Meyer Signed alongside Vollmer to challenge for the full back slot. Has spent past seasons on loan to gain some much needed first team football. Will look to play the 20 year old in mainly cup games.

Pedro If anyone deserves a chance to start in my first 11 and replace Willems then surely its my 27 year old left back Pedro. Been at the club for many years and has never once complained. Also not to shabby aswell.

Alexis BenitezShowed some promise last season when stepping in for Medina who picked up one or two injuries. Solid performer for me but a squad player. Didn’t feel he could replace Medina and a reason why il be looking to sign a right winger.

Allesandro Bartoli Flying winger who probably played more than expected last season. Mainly due to Mauro Diazs injury problems which is coming a concern.

Eduardo Fernandez * Good midfielder who plays in the cup games mostly behind Vega and Ayuso in terms of starting but still solid enough to call up on when needed.

John Lyons New signing from Arsenal and after 3 years of praising and poaching I finally landed my man. Was bit strange he signed a new contract and had a min fee of £35million. Will have to fight to get into team but has the potential to become the worlds greatest player im my eyes.

Diego Viegas 18 year old winger who can also play in the middle was bought mainly as squad cover. Hopefully he can improve but I have my doubts.

Ricardo Medina Another Saints legend and someone whos been at the club for over 10 years. Major influence on how the club has progressed over the past 10 years.

Micheal CatonSigned from Manchester United as a teenager is now approaching his 7th season at the club and at one stage two years ago was showing signs of real quality and was at one stage being linked to the World player award. Injuries though came and seems to have never recovered to those heights. At 25 im hoping he can again reach those peaks.

Mauro DiazLeft winger cost me a fortune but injuries are a big concern for me. 28 years old so should be in his prime but for injuries holding him back. It’s a reason why I signed Aymen Chaar.

Aymen Chaar 19 year old summer signing was brought in mainly due in case Diaz doesn’t recover from these current injuries and if Bartoli doesn’t step up. Will provide a challenge to start in Diaz place if hes injured.

Yair Vega 25 year old centre midfielder who had a mixed season last year. Will need to step up if hes going to stop Lyons taking his place.

Jiri Klicka One time looked like he was leaving the club after being unhappy on the bench. Been at the club for many yrs but* past 2 seasons he has only started out in the first 11. Been on top form aswell so glad he didn’t leave and I changed my tactics to having two strikers.

Leo Werdens The ‘Dutch Destroyer’ will go down as Southamptons greatest ever player. Even better than Le tissier who is idolised at the club still. Has broken the goal scoring record at the club and still scores goals at a phenomenal rate. Maybe 32 but* no signs of slowing down just yet. Will be impossible to replace.

Sergio Fernandez Spanish sWonderkid who will no doubt replace Werdens as my number one striker. Come on leaps and bounds this season and hoping to give him more game time not only in the League Campaign but also Europe aswell.

Andrade18 year old Brazilian striker has just joined us since agreeing to sign when he was 16. Will possibly look to loan out but could have a bright future.

Archived