[FM11] Saints and Sinners

jackripper

i managed to keep chamberlain through the lower leagues and built my squad around him. I went for mostly determined youngsters and players to get me into the prem. Players like Kyle Bartley who is not blessed with the greatest stats but over performed earning himself a few England call ups. I also spent a lot of money to get where i was also. I managed to sign Neymar for free and that was the start of me attracting better players. My team is built on lots of pace and short passing football. Creative very high. Mostly though i do beleive it was the financial backing that got me there.

Once you get to the top it just seems a cycle where you keep adding one or two stars every summer so you get better but the AI doesnt really. Although United just spent over £100mil in one transfer window and are currently top half way through. Im struggling to keep the pace lol

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

season 2024/25

Just a quick update as im currently in the middle of a huge decision in the save, Anyways we won the League again pipping both Manchester Clubs. FA Cup we did poo knocked out 4th round, League Cup we beat Arsenal in the final. Champions League we failed to reach the Semi Final asAtletico Madrid knock us out. So we won league, League Cup, world Club championship, Euro Super Cup and Comm sheild.

Ive also came to a tough decision which youll see in next update coming shortly....

Rome wasnt built in one day...........

With most of my experienced players now past 30 and the majority of my first team around 30 i was in a dilemma where i wanted to keep my veterans as a sort of thanks for getting the club where it is today. But i also wanted to rip the team up and build another one with the best youngsters my scouts could find. Ive been scouting all season for players who are under 21 and good enough and hungry enough to carry on taking the club forward. We have had a succesful few seasons recently. After long research i decided to be ruthless and not the the sentimental issue affect me when it came to getting rid of players.

Players like

Javier Pastore,NeymarandBongouro]would stay despite there ages although i placed them in reserves hoping they choose to retire soon. However the likes of Igor Demin, Martinezand Jerome Maclua. Even though Jerome is only 28 he was naking noises about wanting a new challenge so when Barcelona offered £34.5million i snatched there hands off and accepted the deal. A £24million profit made on him so well happy with that. With a bare squad now due to these lot moving down into reserve or moving on to another club i decided to check what young players were good enough to replace such superstars. some of these players have been at the club over 10 years and it was gut wrenching to accept the deals but the club must move on so i managed to bring in players who i thought would be perfect replacements even if there not fully developed i would chuck them straight into the first team squad. The players i signed.

Alessandro Bartoli--18 year old winger signed from Roma for £1.8mil.

AnteNemic--Cost me a whopping £10million for a Amc who will be in contention for starting line up. Signed from Rivals Man City.

Benjamin vollmer-- 18 year old wing back signed from Bayern. good prospect to replace Leandro.

Borja Ayuso--The big summer signing for £17mil. A brilliant prospect only 20 and a key member already. Big things expected.

Richard Bradshaw--youth product looking to step into the first team. Proud hes come from acadamy.

Eduardo Fernandez--One of the Fernandez brothers. Not by blood though. spanish midfeilder could become the next Xavi.

Sergio Fernandez--the other brother as i call them. Spanish striker who could be next David Villa hopefully.

Harald Meyer--Signed for £7.5mil from Bayern. future replacement for captian Willems when he calls it a day.

Noah Morice--youngster signed for backup.

most of these have been put into the first team squad and hopefully should become the future of Southampton Football Club. im not expecting miracles and wether we win a trohpy or not this season it wont bother me much as we enter this transitional period. I just hope the board understand my intentions on building the next World class squad. As you can see some of the players ive put into the reserves or sold could easily still walk into any team in the world and some have moved on but the likes of Neymar and Boungounou will stay at the club even though they are probably still world class players. Its the hardest thing i have ever done on FM considering the success they have brought to the club. Hopefully they become coaches at the club but Pastore is having none of it at the moment.

I didnt want to change the whole first team so decided to keep the usual back four as a solid base to build on.

rebiuild.jpg

My squad.....young squad..

• 1 month later...

And on an even sadder note......................

We say goodbye to a legend

Javier Pastore has officially retired from football. Leaving the game at 36 he was the main reason why Southampton are the club they are today. He became the first world class signing the club saw and tranformed the club into multiple Champions League winners. He was signed for just under £45million in 2016 and became a club legend helping us win many many trophies. A world class player who won virtually every honour there was while at the club. A loyal servant who made it into Southamptons overall best eleven with 325 appearances scoring 131 goals and having an average rating of 7.48. A player every young player at the club should mould them selves on and work towards Pastores acheivements. A Sad day.

pashis.jpg

bioup.jpg

Any new updates? this is one of the threads i enjoy reading the most :)

A cheeky request, which roles do you give you CM's in your 4-2-3-1? Its that department I am always unsure of in that formation.

wow thanks and yeah i got an updte to do shortly spent a whopping £121milion this summer lol...il post my midfielders instructions in a mo for you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Searching through my computer i found an old file of this save and loaded it up to find its in 2025 yet the other file was 2031 so deleted all my updates from 2025 and will bblast this for a bit. Gutted i lost 6 seasons as lots of things happened but il soldier on for now.

im currently in 2025/26 season just started....

Southampton F.C. End of Season Review 2025/26

We went into the campaign on a back of another successful season and i was looking to build on that. We had won the League title the past 2 years and wanted to continue my aim of becoming the all time most successful club not only in England but the World of Football. Everyone at the club knew it was going to be harder than ever to win the title and it proved as it went down to the wire. With 3 teams smashing the 100 goal barrier in one season just goes to show how the top 3 teams really went for it as the stats show. I dont think i can ever remember a season were 3 teams have scored over 100 goals but it shows the strength of the English game at the moment. We were crowned champions with a game to spare but it was much tighter than that all through the season as us and Man City swapped places all through the campaign. We only won 1 game more than our challengers and that was the only difference really. We Lost 2 games all season and still despite my team being the dominant force in England i still havent managed to remain undefeated through a whole season. A clear target of mine. Some other shocks aswell as Newcastle finish rock bottom and get relegated winning only 2 games all season. Also a disapointing season for spurs who finished 12th in the final Premier League table.

We have won the Champions League 5 times in 9 years before this seasons campaign and after Man City won it last season i was determined to win it this season and we were sensational right through the competition. We reached the Champions Leaguefinal drawing only 2 games and winning the rest. Which shows our dominance in Europe and just how good my squad is. We beat teams with ease on route to the final also. We headed into the final against suprise package St Etienne and unlike Norwich in the FA Cup i didnt underestimate them. Especially when they had the Competitions top scorer in there squad. We had a few injuries and had to patch a squad together with two players on the bench who were still light injured. We also were missing Legendary striker Leo Werdens who had smashed the clubs all time Goal scoring record recently. It was a tight affair as expected and the game decided to come into life on the 75th minute when Jiri Klicka opened the scoring for us. St Etienne then equalised on 83 minutes but Jorge Molina then poked home the winner 3 minutes later and we held on to win the Champions League. Despite there not so big name i could see why the likes of Real Madrid were disposed of by the french team. However we won it again to add to the Premier League title.

If were going to be succesful for the next 10 years and not now then my aim is to focus on some of the talented youth we have available at the club. So what better way to give them some much needed game time than the domestic cups as these cups without sounding disrepectful didnt really mean as much to me as winning the title and the european Cup. However that doesnt mean i dont want to win them.It was a chance for some of the young guns and fringe players to prove to me they have a future at the club. The League Cup we did sort of okay. We beat Ipswich and Leicester before heading to a Qarter final showdown with Chelsea. i was tempted to play my big guns against Chelsea but only on the final day did i decide against it and put my faith in my youth. They didnt disapoint me despite losing 1-0 we showed they could match one of Englands big guns and if we could put the ball in the net we would have won comfortably but thats football. The FA Cup i had the same approach and after beating Mansfield, Leicester, Hull and then getting our revenge on Chelsea we headed to a Semi final against Norwich who by there standards were flying in the League as they finished a mighty 8th in the League. I probably went into the Semi Final underestimating just how far they come especially when at the end of the season i found out they had won the Europa League beating Sporting in the final 4-0. We started the match slow and never got into our normal fast attacking game as Norwich killed the game at any attempt. It finished 0-0 after 90 mins and then Norwich scored in extra time and we never recovered as Norwich headed to another final and another trophy as they lifted the FA Cup. One to watch next season maybe?

Transfer wise we spent a whopping £91 million on quite a few players as i continue to build for the future. With most of my players hitting 30 its time for me to start thinking about replacing them. The main area looking for a goalkeeper who could eventually replace the legendary Goalie Francisco. We scouted the globe looking for someone who could step in and fill such shoes and as people know things like this could end up a nightmare most notably when Peter Schmeichel retired from Manchester Uniteds side of 99 and they struggled to replace him for many years. So we made sure we picked the right goalkeeper and as i expected he came at a price. Igor Durica would be that man. Only 22 years old and playing in the not so good dutch League i identifed this was the man who would replace Francisco eventually. Looking at him he sort of reminds me of Schmiechel in the wya he dominates his box and his brilliant coummunication skills. We also have a bit of time to get him used to the demands of English football which will help us. Especially with him being so young. With my two centre backs now approaching 30 i moved quickly to meet the min fee clause of Spanish centre back Robert Who would provide us with cover and hopefully then step in as i look to replace my central pairing at the back shortly. A beast in the air and like a cheetah on the deck he seems to have it all for a centre back and i will have no problems putting him into my starting line up. He cost me £16.5 million from Atletico Madrid. My other summer signing would be another spanish star in 20 year old Borja Ayuso who was signed from Athletic Bilboa for around £17million. He would step into my squad with no problems at all and the boy never even let the big price tag affect him at all. The present and the future of the club is right here.

With me spending £91 million i knew i had to try and balance the books just to keep the Suits happy. We managed to shift Jerome Maclua to Barcelona for £34.5million and then Man city smahed me with a bid for my goalkeeper Eddie Stewart who was an exceptional talent but unfortunatly i had Francisco in goals. He was sold for a whopping £44.5million (i remembered selling him for around £32mil on prev save so pushed for £50mil this time around sorry lol) He couldnt wait to get out the door and to be honest for that money neither could i. This was why we moved for Durica in the winter transfer window. Striker Igor Demin and Paul Tomlinson also left for a combined fee of around £22million. Despite me spending £91 milliin i managed to make a profit of over £30million. Crazy i know. I am hoping to cut my spending down dramatically as i want to hopefully un earth some of my own gems. I have some good youngsters in my youth teams but at the moment loan football is there only option.

Mind you i am desperate to sign Arsenal prodigy John Lyons but so far Arsenal have rejected my latest bid of £45million. I dont really want to spend that much on a player but he could be worth it as this boy is special. and hes English to top it off. Hmmmm decisions decisions!!!

My Squad has the perfect blend of youth and experience at the moment but i have some choices to make like club captian Toon Willems is now 32 and with Pedro pushing for a place hugely i got the decision to make wether its time to slowly replace my club captian with my upcoming star. Right winger Ricardo Medina is also 31 and Leo Werdens is now 30 i would usually replace them but sentiment reasons are forcing me to keep them in the team. Especially because there still performing at the highest level. I do though like to have a young squad and this is where management becomes tough when you have to eventually have to replace your legends with your young guns. We could probably do with a new left winger for cover and possibly another centre midfielder. Maybe John Lyons hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Key Player

I made a slight tactical change for this season and pushed up my attacking midfielder and played with 2 strikers. Someone to compliment my ageing striker Werdens. Jiri Klicka was starting to get itchy feet at the club so i offered him the chance to show me he has what it takes to become a world class striker and he didnt disapoint me scoring 34 goals in 42 games. He was sensational all season and was important in the success we had this season. Despite his startiing appearances he has asked again that he wants a new challenge. Dont want to sell but might force my hand.

Season   Country  League        Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  England  League 1      2nd         League Runners up
2011/12  England  Champshp      16th        N/A       
2012/13  England  Champshp      5th         Play Off Winners, Manager of the Year
2013/14  England  Prem League   16th        Avoided Relegation
2014/15  England  Prem League   8th         N/A
2015/16  England  Prem League   3rd         League Cup Winners. FA Cup Semi Finalists. Champions league Qualifier. Manager of the Year
2016/17  England  Prem League   1st         League Champions. Champions League Runners up.
2017/18  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners.
2018/19  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners, Euro super Cup Winners, World club Champions, FA Cup runners up.
2019/20  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Euro Super Cup Winners, World Club Champions. Takeover completed 
2020/21  England  Prem League   1st         Community Sheild Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
2021/22  England  Prem League   2nd         Community Shield Winners. League Runners up, World Club Winners. Euro super Cup winners. League Cup Winners. FA Cup winners.
2022/23  England  Prem League   2nd         Community Shield Runners up, League Runners up, League Cup runners up, FA Cup Winners. Champs League winners.
2023/24  England  Prem League   1st         Community shield Winners, League Winners, League Cup winners, Euro Super Cup winners, Champs League winners, World Club winners.
2024/25  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners, League Winners, League Cup Winners, Euro Super Cup Winners, World club Winners.
2025/26  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners.

International

2019/20  England     Confederations Cup    Winners 
2021/22  England     World Cup             Quarter Finalists. Resigned
2029/30  England     World Cup             Quarter Finalists.

500 league app club under my management.

Name              Pos           Era            Apps    Goals    Avr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francisco         Goalkeeper    2016-??        ???      n/a     ?????
Toon Willems      Defender      2014-??        ???      n/a     ????/

Southampton F.C.--2026/27 FA Cup Review

16-fa-cup.jpg

fa26.jpg

This year my aim was again to continue what i was doing in the previous years and picking fringe or youth players for these games. Histon who are struggling in the Blue Square Prem pulled out the dream tie when they pulled us out of the famous 3rd round hat. all the talk before the game was about how there could be a possibilty of a huge upset but i told my young players to focus on the game and not to let me down. We ended any hope of that famous upset when Brazilian striker Maranhao who has been in the reserves since i wasted £9million bringing him to the club opened the scoring. He added his 2nd of the game. It was suprising to see him score 2 goals but this is Histon not exactly some one like Everton now is it. Will be sold if possible this summer. Left winger Bartoli added the 3rd before Wonderkid striker Sergio Fernandez completed the rout.

The next round we faced an even trickier tie with us pulling out Spurs away. Spurs seem to be in a slump at the moment, League wise anyway. The past 2 years have seen Spurs finish 11th and 12th respectively and you could say that is a disapointment for such a big club. However they have been to the last 3 Europa cup finals in 6 years winning once. They also lost the League Cup final in 2024 where they had lost to me. They then sacked manager and club legend Ledley King last season and replaced him with Andre Vila Boas. So if anyone can improve them surely its him. Anyways back to the game and we were poor all game and didnt deserve to go through. Our only goal had come from an Own goal aswell which shows how bad we played. Didnt deserve to go through. Good luck spurs..not!!

Southampton F.C.--2026/27 League Cup Review

league-cup.jpg

lc26.jpg

My aim with Southampton is to become the most dominant force in World football in which i want to be the most time winning team in every competition i enter. We are closing in on some records and after this seasons triumph we have now won it 5 times. However we are still way behind Liverpools record of 9 wins in the competition. Again we went into the cup with the same outlook as the FA Cup with youth and reserves to. We beat Crawley with ease. A 3-2 win against Aston Villa was followed by a Penalty shootout win against the Scousers. That set up a Semi final with main rivals Man City and for that i picked my strongest squad available. Especially when the previous night we knew the winners of this tie would be facing Wolves in the final. So get past city and we will win it. simple?.

Manchester City, The club with huge spending power are my biggest rivals league wise. They are always challenging for that title and at one stage of the season they were running away with the title. They do however seem to slip come the business end of the season and seem to struggle where as other clubs push on. The mega rich chairman though has now passed the club on in recent months so will they still be splashing the cash? Your dam right they will when they smashed me with a £66million bid for my star centre back Jorge Molina. The man i signed from Barcelona for £13.75million has become one of the worlds best centre backs and formed a colossal partnership at the heart of my defence with Aslan. Im gutted hes going to Man city but the chairman accepted the bid over my head. I was however tinkering on the idea wether to sell him or not anyway to maybe a European Club because i wouldnt of allowed him to leave for a main rival. However £66million for a 30 year old centre back is worth it...I hope!!.

So with there financial backing now tightened at the club will they continue toi build on there success only time will tell. With Leanardo currently at the reins they seem to be looking good at the moment however we were to much of a match for them in the Semis and seemed to want it more than our rivals.

Wolves in the final up next and to be honest i was feeling quite comfortable with us winning the cup again. Wolves havent done anything of much in recent years and seem to be happy as a mid table club. Finishing 9th and 15th in previous seasons. The game will be remembered for a stunning hat trick by Spanish sensation Sergio Fernandez who destroyed Wolves with 3 class finishes to put our name on the cup.

Southampton F.C.--2026/27 European Review

European Super Cup

We played suprise package Norwich in the Super cup final and the final was ruined in the 6th minute for Norwich when they were reduced to 10 men straight away. Then the forgone conclusion as we dominated the final with Mauro Diaz helping himself to a double before Aslan completed the 3-0 victory.

World Club Championship

A pointless competion as the teams we face are weak. I played my reserve side for both games and won easily. The only good thing about this competition is the £3mil prize money you recieve for winning it. We beat Seongnam 5-0 before dispatching America(MEX) in the final 3-1. Won it 6 times and are now the Record holders of most wins with 6. So one competition down a few more to go.

Champs league update to follow

Archived