[FM11] Saints and Sinners

jackripper

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southampton F.C 2015/16-Transfers

transgerfgf.jpg

If i told you ive been at the club 5 years and still not one a trophy you'd probably ask yourself why havent i been sacked? Ive been given the financial backing to have atleast won one trophy. Hell i didnt even win League 1. This year however after a great performance in the League i feel we can really push on and win a trophy. Or even qualify for Europe. Ive decided to get the biggest budget i can so i can spend crazy to take us that one step further. continental qualification for a sum of £61million would be my target. They also nearly trebled my wage budget to. The pressure will be even more intense now to qualify for Europe or even nicer win a dam cup...even the worthless Carling Cup.

With Neymar set to sign in August i knew my striking force was more than good enough. So i looked into signing the best players available despite the price. I put a bid in for Phil Jones for £15mil but they wouldnt buddge anything under £21mil so i agreed the transfer. Our record signing at the club. That was until i bidded £22.5mill for Midfeilder Yann Mvila from Stade Rennais. The reason he joined was not because of the huge contract he got but its a better standard of football. So theres 2 players smashing the club record within a week. I also signed 2 goalkeepers. Francisco from Sporting for under £10mil and will become my number 1 straight away. I also loaned out a few of my youngsters as they seem to have stalled in there development but its a short term measure hopefully.

Want SS's Just ask guys!

squad1234.jpg

Heres my current squad which with only 2 players over 30 its a young team but it has the experience also so hopefully this is the year we win something. I think a Robbie Keane replacement is needed maybe depending on what my youngsters are doing. We have good cover for every position so im feeling optimistic for our chances of Europe or some silverware.

Good work, some nice signings :thup:

How did you find Lambert? He always seemed to play crap for me, he always ended up being a rotation player and not much else.

One other question, you sound like you will be playing 4-4-1-1 now, what formation were you playing before?

EDIT: Well done in turning Arsenal down, I'd have been very tempted by that job!

i was playing a 4 3 2 1 formation now ive opted for 4 2 3 1 formation. Lambert like you was pants for me he didnt even start for me when i was in L1.

Yeh we got a good squad now so hopefully i do win a trophy. we knocked Arsenal out of League Cup but away to sunderland next round so fingers crossed.

So with me needing a replacement for Jones i went into the market and snatched Sakho for £29million plus i also signed Everton midfeilder Jack Rodwell also. Transfer listed victim Davide Santon was also available for a bargain £4million. His career seems to have stalled since he moved to Spain but im hoping if i get him back to the form he once showed for Inter id have a rela bargain. Medina came from Real mainly as back up to Chamberlain.

tranferwindow21.jpg

So after 5 years of taking the club from League 1 to the Premier League i finally had a chance to win my first cup. We defeated Man City in the Semi final to set up a tie against Liverpool who league wise were floating around mid table up into the cup final..

lgecup.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEE WONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally won my first trophy after 5 long years at the club. Im hoping to take the club forward and hopefully push for a chance to test ourselves in Europe...We also got to the Semi Final of the FA Cup but Man City had there revenge by knocking us out and going on to win the cup.

Southampton F.C 2015/16-End of Season Summary

premlge2.jpg

I felt that with the squad i have avaible to me now i felt a push for europe should be my main goal. We have players of such quality in Neymar and Lukaku that its only fair we repay them European football so they can show there talents around the european arena. We pushed hard all season and stayed in 3rd for quite a while. at one point the top 3 had an 11 poijnt gap before it was closed down dramatically and i was left sweating as we were so close to champions league football. Which was an added bonus as the League Cup win already saw us qaulify for Europe. So hopefully we advance to the group stages of the champions League and show the rest of Europe how hungry my youthful team is.

Formation

formationj.jpg

i try to play football the right way and pace is key for us and lots of movement. My new summer signing will become my main playmaker and he currently smashed the transfer record for Southampton Football Club.

Southampton F.C smash Transfer Record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C_3_Media_829353_immagine_det.jpg

Southampton F.C have annouced today they have smashed there clubs transfer record by agreeing a fee of around £43.5million to bring Palermo Playmaker King Javier Pastore to the club. A 5 year contract worth £115k pw sees him become the clubs highest paid player in there history too.

Ripper is stated as saying how delighted he is by signing a world class player and stated he will not be making way by letting Neymar sign for Juventus.

Pastore is also stated as saying how pleased he was at how far the club has come under my management and wanted to test himself in the English Game

And I thought you were alright :(

;)

i suppose someones got to support them lol.

LT= Thanks and yeah he should be the final jigsaw in my puzzle hopefully. funny though how my best player for the past 4 years has probably been the cheapest signing i made in Kyle Bartley. Hes performed wonders for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Southampton F.C 2016/17-End of Season Summary

league16.jpg

League Review

After finishing 3rd i knew a few more signings and we could really push for the title. With record signing on board in Pastore i knew he could be the difference between champions and runners up. we didnt disapoint and built on our previous finish by winning the league. We dominated games against the lower teams where we was expected to win and also pushed the big boys around. We scored a whopping 92 goals to fire us to the title as we attacked every game we played wether it was Hull at home or Arsenal away and the philosiphy paid off as we were crowned champions with 1 game to spare.

Champions League

cl16.jpg

After qualifying for the champions league and running good consistant form in the League getting out of the group stages wasa dead cert especially with the group we was placed with. We disposed of Fenerbahce, PSV and Marseille to progress to the next round. We faced FC Bayern who domestically seemed to be struggling but a 4-2 win at home saw us go through after losing the 1st leg 2-1. We marched on and this time would face Atletico Madrid who just sold there key striker Aguero to Spurs. We drew both legs but managed to sneak into the semi final on the away goals rule. The semi finals and we would now be facing the mighty Real Madrid. Just to get this far was brilliant and in all honestly i thought we wouldnt progress but we went to the Bernabau and smashed in 4 goals to there 3 and take a slender lead back to St Mary's. We went into the game knowing a draw would see us through and after Ronaldo scored i thought the floodgates would open but we got physical and ruffled Mourinhos feathers and managed to score right near the death to see Southampton reach the Champions League final in its 1st ever season in the competition. The fairy tale ending didnt really go to plan as Inter ripped up the script and won the Champions League by beating us 1-0. We really struggled to cope against the defensive minded Italian Team but still huge success as we managed to defy all odds and reach the final. Call it beginners luck or what ever but il take that any day.

The domestic cups didnt see us do well as we went out early stages but who cares. Maybe when my squad is complete il try and win one of these cups but for now im concetrating on europe and the League.

Transfers

tra16.jpg

With Pastore signed i had little left so i signed 2 youngsters who would play in my under 18's Theis Hansen a AMR from Sunderland and Spanish Left back Pedro who could push for a place in the 1st team. No noteable transfers going out either just some dead wood floating in the reserves.

Southampton F.C 2017/18[/center]

league17.jpg

After such a good season the only way of building on that would be winning the champions League so before big european games i decided to rest my best 11 when possible so they would be fresh for europe. Wether or not my fringe players would step up i didnt know but once again we wen back to back leagues but this time by only 1 point and on the very last day of the season. We scored less goals this season than last but the defence seemed much stronger. It really was squeeky bum time last game of the season at one point with 5 games to go we were 9 points clear but a bad run until the last 2 games of the season saw the deficit cut dramtically as Arsenal crept back in it. Arsenal won there last game against Wigan so we only needed a draw to win and we travelled to anfeild. Things were looking bad at half time when we went into the interval 2-0 down but some stern words would see goals from Alif aslan and the leveller scored by Mr Southampton himself Alex chamberlain. so a 2-2 draw was enough once again.

Champions League

cl17.jpg

With me concentrating solely on the Champions League i knew we had a chance to win it and after finishing 2nd in the group which Lyon won i knew we would have to do it the hard way and well it didnt come much harder than Barcelona. After losing the 1st leg 3-2 we travelled to Spain facing virtualy the impossible but a goal by Lukaku in the 1st minute settled nerves before Medina signed from Madrid grabbed a brace and we went through on away goals. how i didnt join Houiller in hospital il never know. My heart took a pounding that day. We then faced Atl Madrid again and a 4-1 agg win disposed of them. We were then drawn in the Semi final against Sevilla my 3rd Spanish team on route to the final and 1-0 wins both home and away saw us go through to the final where we would end up facing Manchester United. United seemed to have struggled recently with them not really replacing Scholes Giggs or Van Der saar and it showed as Rooney was out on the left with hernandez and Chris Wood up front. Neymar scored the 1st in 10 minutes before Medina doubled our advanatge and saw us bring the trophy home for the first time ever.

A LEAGUE AND CUP DOUBLE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Transfers

tra17.jpg

With me plotting my assualt on Europe i decided to spend huge amounts making sure i get the quality i needed to win the champions League. I spent a whopping £68million in stocking up my squad with AMC Martinez moving from Malaga for just under £30mil. Centre back Aslan also cost me huge as we shored up the defence. There all regens but i am planning a full depth update shortly of my whiole squad for you all to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton F.C 2018/19

lge19.jpg

We won the league title again for the 3rd time in a row as we continually grow stronger each year against my nearest rivals. although they did put up a fight. we scored over a hundred goals and conceded the least in the division. Bolton were a disgrace with the least amount of points in a whole season i have ever seen. Deserved to go down.

cl19.jpg

3 finals in 3 years shows just how strong we are in Europe and with us losing the first and winning the previous i knew we had a chance of winning it again. Not many teams can say they have won it back to back but we did it by defeating teams Atl Madrid again,

Domestic Cups

Once again the League Cup meant nothing as we exited in the 4th round. However in the Fa Cup we did finish runners up. My first FA Cup final since taking charge nearly 10 years ago. We lost to Sunderland 3-1 mainly due to me playing my reserve side in the final because of fixture congestion.

European super Cup

Our first ever crack at this competition and well the winners of the Champs league meets the winners of the europa League. We would face Scottish giants Rangers and a 2-1 win by mostly my youngsters secured our 2nd trophy of the season if you count the Community shield.

Transfers

For us to achieve success this season i decided i would splash the cash in the summer leading upto this season. We spent £35million on Arsenal striker Leo Werdens who was sensational. We also signed Leandro from Hoffenhiem for around £15mil and we met Igor Demins min fee clause of £11.5mil with Valencia. a striker who would be used mainly as back up despite his stats.

With me having a major overhaul i let go Kyle Bartley, Micah richards and Lukaku who all left the club. Lukaku was the hardest decision i have ever made as manager as with out his goals we wouldnt be the club we are today but we signed Werdens who is twice the player and with me playing 1 striker i felt it was only fair to let him get more game time elsewhere.

We spent £88mill and recouped around £33.5mil.

Southampton F.C Squad

Goalkeepers

Francisco--My Number 1 goalkeeper cost me just under £7mill. One of the best in the World.

Eddie Stewart--Young English goalkeeper cost me £850k. A decent understudy who should be happy with being on the bench. Future England number 1????

Defenders

Leandro--£15mil summer signing can play both full back positions but is my number 1 right back.

Mamadou Sahko--integral part of the squad and one of the oldest depsite not being 30 yet. Cost a whopping £29mil.

Bruno--24 year old Brazilian centre back usually situated on the bench to cover Aslan/Sahko. Always performs when steps in. cost just under £10mil.

Bejamin Etcheberry--Youngster signed in summer for £3mil. Mainly for the future and maybe few cup games.

Ali Aslan--Star centre back cost me £24mil and worth every penny. storming partnership with Sahko helped clean up last season.

Toni Willems--Best left back in the world and trade always rising each game he plays. The clubs Captian.

Pedro--Young understudy to Willems but has scored some goals when used in mostly domestic cup games. Cost just £1mil.

Jack Rodwell--Signed from Everton for £23million has mainly deputised in midfeild but also had a few games at the back.

--

Davide Santon--solid proffesional who never moans or lets the team down when asked despite losing position to Leandro. Cost me under £5mil as transfer listed.

Midfeilders

Kwami Bougonuo--£11.5 mill signing slotted straight into the engine room at the club and is virtually ever present for me.

Yan m'Vila--Asked to be placed on transfer list 2 seasons ago and still on it despite some brilliant performances. no one wants to take a chance maybe because of wages. Solid cover.

Martinez--Huge things expected with this lad and with a price tag of £29.5mil i hope he delivers. Partners Bougonou in the middle.

Alex Texieira--Free signings mainly kept because of the positions he can play. Never moans and gets on with it. Pleasure to manage.

Ricardo Mendina--Sensation since arriving from Real Madrid. Possibly my biggest success since taking over the club cost me £3.3mil now worth nearly 10 times that.

Theis Hansen--Mainly used as cover for Medina. Brought in from reserve squd last season.

Alex Chamberlian--Saints best youth product since Bale, Hasnt really started many games because of Medina's form and progress.

Javier Pastore--Record signing continues to demolish teams left right and centre. Approaching 30 so maybe look to replace in next couple of years.

jiri Klicka--My next Pastore maybe? brillaint finisher mainly sees him play as striker but will mould into AMC to possibly replace Pastore. cost £700k. Bargian.

A Garica Garcia--Despite brilliant stats hasnt really set the club alight in all honesty. Mainly cover for the middle 2 but still young and lots to learn. cost £4,7mil

Neymar--Free signing and legend at the club sees Neymar who adopted the left wing role and has been sensational since signing.

Strikers

Leo Werdens--The reason Lukaku left the club. Was unhappy at Arsenal and after 2 years of poaching finally nabbed my man who is known as the 'Dutch Destroyer' cost £35mil.

Igor Demin--Didnt really need this guy but with finishing as good as his and a min fee of £11.5 i had to snap him up. Maybe sell for profit especially as hes homesick.

Mariko--Just one of a few strikers for the future. cost me £5mil and is slowly improving but with other strikers in reserve needs to step his game up.

few more screenshots...

Around £63million in the black leaves us in a sound financial position...

financesh.jpg

as you can see im now a legend finally after winning those trophies last season.

infowv.jpg

current facilllities at the club all top notch virtually. Would love to expand Stadium but its not an option yet....

facey.jpg

As you can see Spain have totally dominated the previous World Cups winning the last 3. Maybe i should approach england and knock them off there perch. In the future maybe........

worldcupo.jpg

not content on World cups only they have also won the last 3 european championships...

eurosa.jpg

Archived