[FM11] Saints and Sinners

jackripper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeUM8xlEAbqv9dIGqziOtKvEpLo_YquCWfAheNuq8Jnu6mRcsO

Southampton F.C

Overview

So here i am back in management after retiring from the beautiful game due to injury in a career which was more lower league than Premier League, With clubs of mine being Wrexham, Brighton and Northampton Town to name a few. Ive now jumped on the managerial bandwagon and find myself shocked that i was chosen to become the man to turn Southampton into a Premier League team once again. Its patch 11.3 with no edits. English leagues loaded only.

We have agreed a 5 year plan in which we must be back in the Premier League if not then its a failure. I though plan on being in the top flight in 4 years. I also want to win a European Cup. Have a player break the League goals and appearances for my club from within my own acadamy. So now here we go enjoy the ride which is sure to be a roallercoaster...................

Im one or two season in already so first few updates maybe a bit small or pants cheers

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season   Country  League        Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  England  League 1      2nd         League Runners up
2011/12  England  Champshp      16th        N/A       
2012/13  England  Champshp      5th         Play Off Winners, Manager of the Year
2013/14  England  Prem League   16th        Avoided Relegation
2014/15  England  Prem League   8th         N/A
2015/16  England  Prem League   3rd         League Cup Winners. FA Cup Semi Finalists. Champions league Qualifier. Manager of the Year
2016/17  England  Prem League   1st         League Champions. Champions League Runners up.
2017/18  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners.
2018/19  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners, Euro super Cup Winners, World club Champions, FA Cup runners up.
2019/20  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Euro Super Cup Winners, World Club Champions. Takeover completed 
2020/21  England  Prem League   1st         Community Sheild Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
2021/22  England  Prem League   2nd         Community Shield Winners. League Runners up, World Club Winners. Euro super Cup winners. League Cup Winners. FA Cup winners.
2022/23  England  Prem League   2nd         Community Shield Runners up, League Runners up, League Cup runners up, FA Cup Winners. Champs League winners.
2023/24  England  Prem League   1st         Community shield Winners, League Winners, League Cup winners, Euro Super Cup winners, Champs League winners, World Club winners.
2024/25  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners, League Winners, League Cup Winners, Euro Super Cup Winners, World club Winners.
2025/26  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners.

International

2019/20  England     Confederations Cup    Winners 
2021/22  England     World Cup             Quarter Finalists. Resigned
2029/30  England     World Cup             Quarter Finalists.

500 league app club under my management.

Name              Pos           Era            Apps    Goals    Avr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francisco         Goalkeeper    2016-??        ???      n/a     ?????
Toon Willems      Defender      2014-??        ???      n/a     ????/

Southampton F.C 2010/11

End of Season Review

league1.jpg

With such a good squad for the division we were in we wanted out at the first attempt nd certainly look to challenge for the title. We gave a good challenge and even with 91 points we still werent crowned champions but as we set out to do in the first place we got automatic promotion an missed out on the deadly lottery of the Play offs. We finished 2 points behind champions MK Dons which was a bit of a disapointment but next season we head into the Championship....more to follow.........

Wegot to the 4th round of each cup before being knocked out but this didnt bother me as money is okay and i wanted to concentrate on the gruelling league schedule.

I signed a few players with Oliver Kapo the stand out player who was out of contract so i offered him first team football. I also brought in Jorden Spence and Ravel Morrision in on loan for the season. Also got rid of one or two players deemed not good enough for the squad.

Southampton F.C 2011/12

lge2.jpg

So we head into the Championship with a squad possibly good enough to finish mid table. The board demanded i dont get relegated but i knew if we could win most of our home games we should be safe. We managed to finish 16th which is a good finishing point as it gives us a steady platform to build on. Even if we had the chance of going up i think it wouldve been way to early especially as im still building my team.

We lost in the league cup 1st round to Charlton and FA Cup 5th round to Reading.

Transfers

i managed to bring back Jordan Spence on another loan deal for the season. Parent club Liverpool loaned me midfeilder Suso. I also signed Kyle Bartley from Arsenal for £400k David Petrucci who had been released by Manchester United and young Goalkeeper Ben ainwick into the squad also. Richard Chaplow and Jonathan forte left the club.

I like this. Derby have gone down :D. Also you haven't got promoted straight away from the Championship which is nice. You often see sides on FM keep the momentum and challenge for the title straight away.

yeh in a way i was hoping it would turn out a bit more realsitic with me not going straight up and winning the title with 10 games spare, If im being realistic this season i should finish around play offs.

here are two products that have come from my acadamy with both potential to become key first team players.

knowles.jpg

mcauly.jpg

Two great young players who will challenge for a first team place right away. Knowles is currently on a 5 month loan contract for regular football which should help aid his develpoment. big things are expected. Mcualy could become the potential replacement for Chamberlain if i cant keep the vultures away.

Southampton F.C 2011/12

lge3.jpg

With us now settled in the league i wanted to atleast push towards the play offs atleast and well i got more than what i expected as the drama of our season went into overdrive with us as we were heading to Wembley. We reached the 3rd round of the League cup falling to Bristol City before Liverpool knocked us out of the FA Cup 4th round. We made the playoffs which was my personal target with the quality at the club. So onto the play offs.

playofft.jpg

We knew how ruthless the play off lottery could be but we ended the season on a good run and we carried it into the play offs. We were drawn Norwich. With the 1st leg pulling a stale mate it was down to the 2nd leg and with a goal from Chamberlain in the 6th minute settled the early nerves. We doubled the advantage on the half hour mark with Lallana doubling the lead. Norwich pulled one back on the stroke of half time but we held on despite Norwich pushing for the equaliser.

so we would be in the final and all watching the other play off to see who we would be facing. The other tie was won by Ipswich who beat Bristol City 5-3 on agg to set up an almighty clash for the final. I was feeling a bit skeptical because we lost the 2 league games against Ipswich so i knew there was a chance it could be 3rd time lucky and it turned out lady luck was smiling down on us as we couldnt be seperated on 90 minutes or the end of the 120min mark. The game finished 2-2 so we would head into Pens and luckily we trained pens through the week and luck shined down as Ipwish missed there final pen. It was left for Jason Puncheon to stand up and send us to the PREMIER LEAGUE.......my heart was pounding as he took his run it felt like it was slow motion as the ball made its way towards the net. He turned around and the whole team were already jumping in mass celebration as the keeper dived the wrong way...WE ARE PLAY OFF CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not sure where £1.3mil in the red but the premier league money will do us lurrrvvveellyyyyyy

As i type he injects £3.9mil into coffers...thank you very much wouldve been nicer if there was a 0 next to the 3 but were out back in the black.

AB---i have a wage buidget of £160k p/w and spending £131k p/w so under it a bit.

AM--If i can keep hold of my players i think i could survive but it depends on what budgets i get as my keeper Jason Brown is no where near Prem League level. I also need someone to bang the goals as i currently play with 1 striker to even more burden on there shoulders to score.

Im also planning to give my two youth players as much game time as possible. Its like im going to push them in the deep end to see how they handle it. It could be the difference between becoming World class or 2nd class

traa.jpg

So i was given £14.5million to stay in the premier league and well as you know a goalkeeper and striker were my main targets. I managed to persuade Veteran Robert Green and Striker Robbie Keane to join the club. I offered first team football as the experience and quality they both possess will deffo help us fight off relegation. I also brought in the player once dubbed the Scottish Rooney with John Fleck coming to the club on loan. I can buy him for £8.25million if i want that option. Wether hes worth that il see at the end of the season.

I also signed 3 youngsters who will also challenge the first team depsite there young age.

adilyilmaz.jpg

jeremyjansen.jpg

ruebensampson.jpg

To be honest i was suprised i signed the first two as they could easily play for a bigger club in the division but i guess first team football again became the attract and why they signed for me. Im sure the big clubs will be sniffing around soon but with 3 years experience of the big clubs hounding my players with regards to Chamberlain im ready to fight tooth and nail to keep them at the club.

The first two look good but Sampson I would have nowhere near the first team with those stats lol.

Green is a solid GK and Fleck is erratic either brilliant or poor from my experiences. Good luck dude, I think you can easily avoid relegation.

have to agree the thing that stands out for me is Sampsons poor positioning anticipation and concentration, thats not to say he wont improve but he wouldnt be anywhere near the first team IMO loan him out. good luck in staying up though :)

took your advice and dropped him to reserves. First 6 games we lost 4 and won 2. Those were against Spurs, City and chelsea first 3 games. we have Manchester United next the joys....

should i buy Balotelli he was on transfer list for £3.3mil and seems interested?

Southampton F.C 2012/13

lgetble.jpg

The mission was simple...avoid relegation and well after a poor start to the season we managed to adapt to top flight football with some great performances and of course some very bad ones aswell. We finished 16th which was good enough to have another crack at the top flight. Im also aware of the dreaded second season syndrome which everyone says is the hardest because people adapt to your style of play. I will still look to attack teams home and away as i feel we have the attacking ability to punish most teams. We conceded more goals than i wold have liked so thats an area im going to concentrate on and possibly another striker with Robbie now 33 years old.

The domestic cups were useless as a 5-1 hammering by Man City in the league cup 3rd round showed our weaknesses when it comes to depth in the squad. A 2-0 defeat to the oher Manchester club in the fa cup 3rd round saw us do basically nothing again. Not that it bothers me at the moment.

well done man task one achieved then :) whats your aims for next season slow and steady progression or full on assault at the top 10?

slow progress more than likely. Ive signed some youngsters so gonna push them into the first team now.

Southampton F.C 2014/15

Transfers

tras15.jpg

I was given a budget of round £28.5million to avoid relegation and with a striker and centre back in mind i went straight into the window and managed to sign Fulham defender Micah Richards for £7.5mil and Romelu Lukaku who cost me a whopping £15million from Zenit. If i could get Micah to perform how he did when he was pushing for an England starting place then the money i spent would be a bargain. As for romelu it was qite straight forward he was interested and so was we as we paid up straight full amount despite his young age.

I also signed Experienced midfeilder Nigel Reo-Coker for a cheap price and he maybe not be th best player in the world but he will certainly add some steel and power to the middle. I also signed a few youngsters to add to the squad but nothing special at the moment.

Out went David goodwille for £3million along with Lambert who i released because his wages didnt reflect his ability. Plus he was last year of contract and wasnt good enough.

Southampton F.C 2014/15

Some youngsters pushing for a 1st team place.

Adil Yilmaz--20 year old striker signed from PSv for around £2.5 million starting to show some good form for me. A determined striker with good all round skills.

Jeremy Jansen--At 21 is developing into a brilliant midfeilder and is already in my starting 11 despite his young age. Will become a Saints legend in my eyes.

Jiri Klicka--Coverted by all the european giants like Barcelona. Inter and Manchester United. Brilliant prospect and has recently signed contract to stay and learn his trade. Will become a world beater.

Julien Mcualy--The best of the lot in my eyes already an under 21 international and will probably break into the 1st team for us and england also. will start as many games as possible toaid his development.

Sam Knowles Young defender Sam Knowles isnt up to starting yet as he is still learning. doesnt posses the great stats but i have hopes for the kid. Will learn from Micah surely.

Southampton F.C 2014/15

Winter Window 2014/15

wintertra.jpg

Before i get onto my transfer coup i will show you the transfers i made in the winter window. The board allowed me around £33million depending on the change i did. And with the current position we were in i desperatly needed defenders because Fonte was definatly upto scratch. I blew the £33million virtually on defenders so hopefully that should push me on from where i currently am. I also managed to sign Brazillian Midfeilder Alex Texiera on a free transfer from Shaktar.

Bruno is a young Brazillian centre back who would come straight into the 1st eleven i just hope he adpats to the english league as soon as possible as Fonte is letting me down. I also managed to sign Left back Toon Willems for £12million from dutch side AZ. Maybe a bit pricey for a left back but theres sweet fa on the market at the moment so this is the best il do. Plus he is better than my current Left back. With Reo-coker also in his 30's i knew i wanted to replace him for next season so i put in a bid for Togo superstarKwami Bougonou who cost me around the same price as my defenders i signed. At only 21 his future is bright for sure and now hes arrived at the club he will be my replacement for Reo coker next season. So with that i move onto the end of season update........

Southampton F.C 2014/15-end of season review

table15.jpg

If you said to me at the start of the season i would finish under Manchester United and above Liverpool i wouldve probably laughed in your face and well thats exactly what happened as we finished in 8th position. We had some great results like the destruction of Man City and a 1-0 win at the emirates. However we also lost 5-1 against Bolton and lost 3-0 againt Burnley. But thats football i suppose. We went on a solid run and one stage we were in the Euro spots but 2 draws and defeat to winners spurs on the last day saw us cement 8th position. Which is brilliant for the progress we are making.

The league Cup and FA Cup dont matter we went out 4th and 5th round respectivly.

my transfer coup...This guy was out of contract and not one club made an offer and it was mid march so hed been out of contract for a while i jumped in with an offer of around £85kpw despite the fact he wanted £105k pw which i wasnt going to break the £100k barrier for him but he gladly accepted and will sign in August for FREE..i am willing to push one of my 3 midfeilders into an attacking midfeild role so i can chuck him behind Lukaku especially with the pace and creativity this guy got. We needed more goals and im sure they will come now as i make an assualt onto gaining a place in Europe.

neymarr.jpg

Archived