FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

again great signings mate but isn't your bank balance deep really deep in red mate??

and hasn't the board said to take immediate action??

they did with me it all became okay in the end of the season but i'm wondering how much they give me for my second season

are you still in first season

take a look at the pic.

as for the board, they seem to be happy as long as I am winning.

sold coupet to aston villa for combined fee of 3.8 mil euro

sold anderson to river for combined fee of 2.4 mil euro + 10 %

sold edman (after i got him on a free) to aston villa for combined 4.4 mil euro + 20 %

bought araujo from chivas for 5.5 mil euro (beating bayern)

loaned in walcott (arsenal) to play amr

still trying to get gourcuff from milan

also bidding on lulinha, and the spain -19 GK (forgot name)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Just about to start my FM08 game with Lyon, looking to sign Ignasavic (sp), Samba and Micheal Johnson (My fave FM player icon_cool.gif even though hes a city player icon_frown.gif )

What about a striker

Signed all of them + Huntelaar, Kameni, Aaritalo and offered Saivet a contract </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that game died of death so i.m going to start again, looking to sign the same players except huntelaar, who should i buy instead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could buy amauri instead of huntelaar or cavani (young but already looking great), pandev is an option but chelsea usually run away with him, martins maybe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate looking a Cavani and Amauri now

OK, definite change around this season. Have played 14 games (12 in league) and only lost 1, 2-1 away to toulouse. Am into fifth round of the cup, and sit top of the league having played 12 games, and a GD of +23. A lot of players playing very well, especially Juninho, Keita and Benzema.

What a difference it makes to offer your players the large bonus for the league and cup etc.

New players seem to be bedding in well, although most are back up.

1st choice XI looks like this

GK Coupet:

DR Clerc:

DL Grosso:

DC Squillaci & Cris:

MR Keita:

ML Ben Arfa:

MC Bodmer (playing slightly defensive) & Juninho:

FC Benzema & Zarate.

SUBS: De Sanctis, Baros, Eagles, Ignashevich, Mendy, Kruiswijk, Govou

Fred got sold by chairman for £23m to Roma. Another chairman sale along with Toulalan and Kallstrom.

Zarate is a great player, but a little inconsistent. To be honest, as far as my 2 strikers are concerned, i dont have a preferred combination, as they are all playing well, but whoever i use i don't use the targetman option as i don't think that suits any of my strikers.

Will also have Falcao back next season, as he is out on loan for 2 years in spain to try to get EU passport.

How is Yann Ekra looking for you? he is scoring goals for fun in my U18's and reserve sides. And Altidore doing the same on loan at toulouse.

thx for reply aspirin so i'm not going to buy zarate as i want someone consistent

i almost signed falcao but i didn't maybe i should!!

yann ekra looks fine but i have accapandie, saivet, lacazette, delle valle (sp) that are much better mate

don't get me wrong Purefan, Zarate is a quality player and will always get goals, 20 in 29 last year and 11 in 11 this year, its just that occasionally, he doesn't get into the game, may be the striking partner. As i say, I've yet to find my best strike duo. But in my opinion he would be a quality signing, and i think he could be better than Benzema.

I also have Saivet and Lacazette and i got Eden Hazard from Lille who is also top quality (11 in 11 for u18). But Ekra is outperformng all of them at the moment, he has 16 in 11 for u18.

Falcao is also quality, although maybe doesn't score so many as Zarate. He was on loan last year at Racing (Spain) and scored 13 in 24, this year he is at Zaragoza and scored 3 in 8. But i got him for £2.8m, so a bargain really.

A youngster i would recommend is Milos Reljic from Red Star (£200k), who i have sent to my feeder club Lokeren and he has 9 in 10 games, and pretty good stats.

Sorry to post 3 in a row. Couple of players i don't really know what to do with. Pied, Remy, Paillot and Vercoutre.

At the moment I have De Sanctis, Coupet and Vercoutre all competing for the no1 shirt, trouble is Coupet and De Sanctis haven't put a foot wrong all year, and now Vercoutre is getting itchy feet. But I'm also aware that Coupet is getting no younger, and Vercoutre is a good reserve keeper.

I think Paillot will be sold, as will Remy and Pied, but wanted other opinions on these players.

i had bids from aston villa, bolton, sampdoria and marseille all accepted by my chairman, so baros went to marseille icon13.gif for a combined fee of 12 mil euro + 20 %

after consideration and advice from aspirin i bougth zarate for 4.2 mil euro and he immediatly scored in his first game

loaned in paul anderson (liverpool) as back-up for amr

loaned in bendtner (arsenal) but i send him back after i had bought zarate

also bought for the future lulinha (send to my feeder in spain) and that spanish gk Degea or De Gea is national -19 GK of spain

You bought Zarate. He's rubbish, what d'ya buy him for?! Nah, only joking, he should do the biz for you. He is a top quality striker already and will only get better. Well Done. Good Buy.

Sell coupet? Are you sure. He's been playing pretty well. Just gave Vercoutre his first start of the season, and he proceeded to give away the goal in a 1-0 defeat to Le Havre. Only our second of the season though. So doing not too, bad all in all.

Originally posted by Aspirin:

You bought Zarate. He's rubbish, what d'ya buy him for?! Nah, only joking, he should do the biz for you. He is a top quality striker already and will only get better. Well Done. Good Buy.

Sell coupet? Are you sure. He's been playing pretty well. Just gave Vercoutre his first start of the season, and he proceeded to give away the goal in a 1-0 defeat to Le Havre. Only our second of the season though. So doing not too, bad all in all.

i bought kameni because he had a cheap release clause, his wages aren't to high and he is great gk, in my first season we had 8 penalties against us, he saved seven icon_cool.gif

vercoutre is a good back-up but he moaned that he didn't play so i sold him

coupet was out because he didn't want a pay-cut

some stupid question how much are you paying zarate because he only asked 16.000 euro a month with me (i gave him 20.000 because of the competition)

damm i wanted to tweak my tactics and i deleted them, not to worry i said, so i went to my saved teams (have 2) and i wanted to call up my tactics in there, but what did i do i saved my team 1 over my team 2, stupid me, its going to take me a couple of hours to bring everything back to how i want it icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

So, January so far: Sold Coupet £2.3m: Sold Anderson £4m: Sold Govou £7.5m: Sold Barthez £130k.

Bought De Gea 700k GK; Bought Jourden 1.7m GK; Bought Degre 1.2m GK. Degre and Jourdren sign at end of season, De Gea signed already. Also got N'Gog for for end of season on a free. Not sure what I will do with him though as will then have striker overload (as well as Goalkeeper overload).

Since signing these keepers De Sanctis has performed really well. Oh, what to do at end of season!!!

So, January so far: Sold Coupet £2.3m: Sold Anderson £4m: Sold Govou £7.5m: Sold Barthez £130k.

Bought De Gea 700k GK; Bought Jourden 1.7m GK; Bought Degre 1.2m GK. Degre and Jourdren sign at end of season, De Gea signed already. Also got N'Gog for for end of season on a free. Not sure what I will do with him though as will then have striker overload (as well as Goalkeeper overload).

Since signing these keepers De Sanctis has performed really well. Oh, what to do at end of season!!!

sell de sanctis and loan de gea out for at least one season (imo)

Originally posted by glory utd:

Hello, again! I want to start with Lyon again now and hopefully i'll get further then a day this time! lol Can you definately get Zarate for around £4m? He is valued at around £12m on my game at the start.

bought him for 4.2 mil euro last week icon_wink.gif

ben arfa has his days i give you that icon_wink.gif but within two seasons everybody wants him you'll see he is one of the best on the left side and sometimes i play him amc (about 5 games a year) and he seems to love that all over the place mate icon_biggrin.gif

Just looked to see how my on loan players are doing. Alex, my young Brazilian AMC/FC has scored 32 in 23 games fro Charleroi. Granted, the Belgian League may not be the strongest, but thats a bloody good strike rate, especially as i bought him as an AMC, not a striker.

Also, Have signed Thiago from Barcelona C for 2.9m for end of season. He looks very good player, (Brazilian/spanish) only 17 i think (maybe 18). So I could have a very Brazilian feeling side next season with Juninho, Sergio Mota, Alex and Thiago playing across the midfield!!! Prob not though, a couple will probably go out on loan again.

Just looked to see how my on loan players are doing. Alex, my young Brazilian AMC/FC has scored 32 in 23 games fro Charleroi. Granted, the Belgian League may not be the strongest, but thats a bloody good strike rate, especially as i bought him as an AMC, not a striker.

Also, Have signed Thiago from Barcelona C for 2.9m for end of season. He looks very good player, (Brazilian/spanish) only 17 i think (maybe 18). So I could have a very Brazilian feeling side next season with Juninho, Sergio Mota, Alex and Thiago playing across the midfield!!! Prob not though, a couple will probably go out on loan again.

where is alex from i mean from which club?? thx

Hi chaps, started a Lyon league last night. Just literally loaded it up though, so all I've done is ship out rat face Baros to Everton for £6M \o/ Trying to get rid of Govou as well to free up some more cash.

Do the board release more funds if you ask them for more, as I had no budget options at the start, probably due to the board wanting the title.

Got a bloody brilliant squad and am actually looking forward to playing on it tonight (once the gf goes home icon_biggrin.gif) Strong fullbacks, decent amount of pretty good looking centre backs and some exciting attacking players icon14.gif

Players on my shortlist:

A goalkeeper - Kameni seems to favourite in this thread

A couple of reserve midfielders - thinking about trying to loan Flamini and/or Diaby from Arsenal

One AMR & L (one player) - Can't remember if Modric can play on both sides or not? Liking the look of Ben Arfa and Keita as first choice

A striker - Louis Saha or Nicolas Anelka would be ideal, if not I might punt for Martins from Newcastle.

Got Alex from Vasco in first season. He cost me 450k. Another bargain to be had was Martial Yao from ASEC in Ivory Coast. He cost me 100k and now has the likes of Real Madrid bugging me to sell him. He's a WB/AML. Very good.

Cool, will have a look tonight then icon14.gif

My team (including a couple of changes) that'll I'll be aiming to put out for my first game - at the Stade Vellodrome :/

GK - Kameni

DR - Clerc

DL - Grosso

DC - Anderson / Muller

DC - Squillaci / NEW SIGNING

DM - Bodmer

MC - Kallstrom

MC - Juninho

AMR - Keita

AML - Ben Arfa

SC - Saha / Anelka / Martins / Benzema icon_biggrin.gif

pickles

for dc i recommend garay but than you need to sell dos santos to free up a non-eu spot

for amr belluschi is better than keita if you want to buy him, keita can play all over the place excellent reserve player, menez from monaco is also excellent cost around 12 mil euro

if you ask the board for more transfer funds you'll get them no problem

everybody should be playing in euros imo icon_wink.gif

don't forget that cris comes about one month earlier than his injury says

and fred is better than the players you want to buy mate well imo that is maybe martins is the best option

pickles

mate i forgot to say you're going to buy a striker have a intense look at jimmy briand from rennes i was too late and i'm regretting it every day i play unbelievable player

was topscorer in france in his first season and second striker in europe scored about +40 in france and 12 in 12 in europe, great player and his stats improve greatly

they don't want to sell to me because rennes hates my guts icon_biggrin.gif

For the gk problem i really do recommend signing barthez for free, i didnt see the point in buying another top quality gk because coupet is good for a couple more seasons imo.

For a defender definetely get Samba. I signed him for £3m and he is quite good, also sign ignashevich for free. Signing those two defenders means you can afford to sell muller and anderson, who, lets face it, are crap anyway.

For a winger if you're only looking at backup then i recommend Kallon also on a free (yes, i like bargains lol). Fabrice Fernandes is also available for free.

For striker i have no idea as i kept baros. I only use one striker and thought fred benzema and baros would do fine but of course fred is injured at the start and benzema has broken his leg in the second game of the season icon_frown.gif we hammered Bordeaux 4-1 at home though. icon_cool.gif

Full update coming when i finish the transfer window.

@ Pickles

Should have kept Baros, he scores goals, but too late now. Try getting Alex from Vasco for bout £500kor Zarate for around £4m. Zarate def does the business and Alex is one for the future.

I agree with Glory Utd about Barthez and Ignashevich. I also sold Muller straight away and Anderson at the end of the season, and that crap brazilian DM (santos).

Sign Saivet and Martial Yao. These are must have signings.

I'm about to start 3rd season and wish i had signed Samba, as he's now worth more than £8m!!

Same as Glory Utd, i also lost Benzema for large chunk of first season.

Update from my season, won the league and french cup and am now playing pre season tour in brazil.

transfers in: Schwechlen £8m, Degre £1.2m, Jourdren £1.7m, Thiago £2.9m, N'Gog free

transfers out: Grosso 5.6m, Eagles 4.8m.

Looking to offload Jiayi (may take some time!!), Vercoutre, Cris, Reveillere and possibly Baros. Am gonna keep De Sanctis for this season as he performed so well last season, and cos the keepers that i signed are quite young. juninho will be played less this year to give a chance to Alex and Sergio Mota. Grosso went as i have Yao or Juelsgard to play back up to Filipe whom performed very well last season when Grosso was out injured. Eagles went to give my brazilians (Alex and Mota) a chance. Baros is a dilemma, as i have so many strikers, (although have already lost N'Gog for 3 months).

I have Altidore(who will prob go on loan again), Falcao, Benzema, Zarate, Saivet (who will go out on loan i think), Ekra (who will go out on loan), Baros and N'Gog (who is, as i said, injured).

So looking good. If only i could get rid of these players that no-one wants.

Also, my assistant's (galtier) contract has expired, should i keep him or replace him?

Morning all. Played my save for an hour or so late last night and it was an action packed session icon_biggrin.gif

Made a hideous amount of signings after selling a few players.

Out went: (yes, I put it on €uros icon_biggrin.gif)

Squillaci - €11M to Real Madrid

Govou - €11M to Aston Villa

Baros - €7.25M to Everton

In came:

Jospeh Yobo - €9M (+€8M) - Everton

Rafael van der Vaart - €15M (+€5M) - Hamburg

Jimmy Briand - €18M - Rennes

Mika Aaritalo - €1M - Finnish club!

Martial Yao - €200k - ASC something-or-other

Christopher Samba - €2.4M - Blackburn

Fabian Barthez - free transfer

Alexandre Song - season loan - Arsenal

Matieu Flamini - season loan - Arsenal

Also got looking to sig Patrice Evra who for some reason appears to want out of Old Trafford, which would mean I'd need to sell Grosso to free up a few pennies. But can't see it happening tbh.

I drew 2-2 with Sochaux in the Champions Trophy, but beat them 3-0 on penalties, Barthez saving all three of theirs icon_cool.gif

Then came my first game of the season away at Marseille, my team was...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Briand

Ben Arfa Keita

Juninho Bodmar Kallastrom

Grosso Anderson Yobo Clerc

Barthez </pre>

After going 1-0 down early, I clawed it back to 1-1 after 30 mins only to go 2-1 before half time. Briand make it 2-2 on 65 minutes and after a frantic last half hour, a Juninho free kick on 82 minutes won it for me \o/

So lots of signings, lots of exits, a cup win and an opening day win away at my title challengers - can't really complain can I!!

pickles

icon_cool.gif euros

great signings mate, love that briand

good opening win everybody should be pleased i guess

is this how your going to play the season? (i mean with this tactic), only wondering if your gonna use benzema mate

bodmer is good enough in my opinion a little retraining is needed to focus him not to go forward to much (he loves to do that), he is also great as mc (holding role)

great player

offcourse you could always buy banega icon_biggrin.gif

as big of a fan i am of Banega he nevers seems to be that good in the air icon_frown.gif which i like in a DM

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

bodmer is good enough in my opinion a little retraining is needed to focus him not to go forward to much (he loves to do that), he is also great as mc (holding role)

great player

offcourse you could always buy banega icon_biggrin.gif

as big of a fan i am of Banega he nevers seems to be that good in the air icon_frown.gif which i like in a DM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably mate thats why i always play with two DM's

Archived