FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

purefan

On my other game(before i restarted with reserve games) i had Zarate and he was top scorer with 7 goals in 9 games, and always looked fairly decent. I reckon you could prob get him for £3.5m, but even at 4m he's a good buy. Surprisingly on this game Baros seems to be a bit of a goal machine as well!!!

Last game yesterday was to beat sochaux 3-1 in Champs Trophy. icon_smile.gif

I currently don't have any "could be the next......." players at themoment, although as the game progresses i'm sure they may develop.

Schwartz who i signed from AaB looks v.good though. already valued at 775k, only a week after i got him for £0. Higher value than Saivet!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm currently beginning of november first season and everything is going great in the league 11 wins and 2 draws conceding only 3 or 5 and plenty scoring

league cup i went through to the QF which are played in january

champions league began with a draw at sporting (1-1) but after that i won at home from chelsea 3-0 icon_cool.gif and than i won 2-0 from levski sofia so everything is going good here too

fred is back from injury so hoping he'll do the business like on last years version

Sounds like you are doing alright mate.

I just beat Auxerre 5-1 then lost away to Valenciennes 4-0 then beat Lorient away 5-0. Strange season so far icon_confused.gif

Some of the youngsters have already got some gametime due to injuries, which is probably good.

Zarate has scored 9 in 5 games.

Hey there Purefan. Do ya think we are going to be the only contributors to this thread. icon_biggrin.gif Looks that way at the moment.

Anyway, my season has been terrible to say the least. I currently lie in 18th place in the league with a record of:

P-8 W-3 D-1 L-4 with a goal diff of +4 the 5th best in the league!

What a shocker. icon13.gificon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Aspirin:

Hey there Purefan. Do ya think we are going to be the only contributors to this thread. icon_biggrin.gif Looks that way at the moment.

Anyway, my season has been terrible to say the least. I currently lie in 18th place in the league with a record of:

P-8 W-3 D-1 L-4 with a goal diff of +4 the 5th best in the league!

What a shocker. icon13.gificon_frown.gif

watch out or you get fired (but than again you can start over mate)

still strange what formation do you play and who plays where icon_biggrin.gif

my season is going great icon_wink.gif

qualified for next round of champions league still got to play one game against chelsea though but i'm through (1 draw and 4 victory)

league is going great beating everything and everyone in my way

best player overall is juninho at 32 still the master himself

most impressed player (for me that is) is squillaci (really great)

and finally nice to see that a lot of my players are attrackting a lot of attention keeps its exciting icon14.gif

and yes it seems we are the only two playing icon13.gif

Here's my formation

Vercoutre/Barthez

Revelliere/Clerc Ignashevich Squillaci Grosso

Bodmer/Toulalan Juninho/Kallstrom

Keita/Govou Ben Arfa

Zarate Baros/Benzema

That is my preferred line up/s but currently have ben arfa and Keita as long term injuries, and Fred just come back from injury.

But this is the formation that i played with all through the previous game that won me every possible competition.

It's a challenge now though. Have had some funny results, beat Auxerrre 5-0 but hove lost to Valenciennes 4-1. weird icon_confused.gif

sorry that formation doesn't look like it did when i typed it. Its a 4-4-2 with the full backs and wingers fairly attacking minded. although have changed it so that the full backs are now slightly less attacking. And have now gone out champs league at first phase!!!

see that you win the uefa than mate bring back a trophy icon_wink.gif

had a thrilling game at stamford bridge beating chelsea 3-4 (fred man of match) winning goal in last minute icon14.gif

also at valenciennes i won 0-2 but scored 6 times 4 of them disallowed icon_confused.gif

everything is going well and already preparing for some new purchases icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I haven't been sacked. Yet!! Still not great, lost to Stade Rennais 3-0, then lost to Auxerre. Then beat Lens 3-0 and won in French cup.

Made some signings, and some players have arrived having signed previously. Altidore, Alex and Sergio Mota, have arrived.

Have signed Bernard Mendy, Thiago Motta, Filipe, Morgan De Sanctis and Shao Jiayi on Bosmans for the end of the season.

Well, I haven't been sacked. Yet!! Still not great, lost to Stade Rennais 3-0, then lost to Auxerre. Then beat Lens 3-0 and won in French cup.

Made some signings, and some players have arrived having signed previously. Altidore, Alex and Sergio Mota, have arrived.

Have signed Bernard Mendy, Thiago Motta, Filipe, Morgan De Sanctis and Shao Jiayi on Bosmans for the end of the season.

some good signings there mate

but you still need to win more

around 10 january first season everything going immense

next opponent in champions league is real madrid will be a tough one icon_frown.gif

also in next round french cup should be easy

league is going very well i believe 19 wins and 2 draws

tranferwindow is open so a lot of my players were bids on f.e. toulalon, juninho, fred, belhadji, ... but here it comes i had a bid of 16,25 mil euro for kallstrom (best player so far) from inter milan accepted by the chairman (i offered a new contract but he didn't accept) and the very same day there was a bid of 25 mil euro + 20% for squillaci (second best player imo) and the chairman didn't accept icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

now i'm looking to replace kallstrom i have 3 players i want vdv, nasri and moutinho but i prefer the first two icon14.gif

Now got Aythami aswell for the end of the season, and gone 7 games unbeaten. things are looking a little better at least.Before i restarted, i also had a bid accepted by chairman of £12.5m for Kallstrom from Inter i think.

wanted to sign aythami aswell but 2 of my topscouts said he was "to sign at last resort" so i didn't sign him

having trouble signing a replacement for kallstrom wanted moutinho (went to milan), nasri (still bidding but its difficult) and vdv (they keep rejecting my offers) hope something works out

can't seem to do anything good in the league at the moment playing really bad icon13.gif for some reason

and vdv hasn't impressed me yet icon_frown.gif

played the first leg against real madrid in knockout stage and it was 1-1 at bernabeu, great game, casillas man of match, says enough icon_cool.gif

hoping my team will pick this good perfomance up for the next matches

have my next transfertarget for next season : john mensah of rennes a beast of a central defender would be a good signing (ask my seven scouts icon_biggrin.gif)

rennes are actually second in the league and have scored one goal more but conceded a lot more

beat real madrid 2-1 in total so i'm through to the next round where i meet sevilla (great team, navas, kanoute, chiellini who sevilla bought, alves ...), so hoping of getting to the semi-finals icon14.gif

won the league cup against bordeaux 3-1 (benzema 2, aaritalo 1)

in the league everything is going well, had a tight game at psg but won it in the end 4-5, also beat monaco and marseille not to bad for the fans icon14.gif

french cup i believe i play rennes in semi-final but i could be mistaken

something else : due to me spending way to much and using that budgetcontrol thing so i had more money to but vdv my bankbalance is in red (big actually) so the board is asking (urgent) that i do something about it.

Should i sell some players?? I already have every contract revised. There are some players like govou, coupet, cris that won't except a wagecut and they have very large contract so i'm thinking of selling them it would save about 870.000 euro per month!!!

So, I lasted til the end of the season after finishing 7th!!!! shocker. Very random, would win the tough games, and lose the easy ones. lots of draws as well.

Am now in mid july and have signed the players i mentioned earlier. (Aythami, Eagles, Mendy, Filipe, Jiayi, De Sanctis, Etc).Chairman particularly liked the chinese guy cos of the shirt sales in china! Have also signed Kruswijk (sp?) on a free, But sold Fred for £33.5m and Toulalan for £23m, both thanks to my chairman. Belhadj is transfer listed by request, and looking to sell anderson. Had a weeks holiday in the game at the end of the season, and missed out on a bid of 22.5m plus VDV for Kallstrom, as i said to reject all bids whilst i was away. Gutted.

So, I lasted til the end of the season after finishing 7th!!!! shocker. Very random, would win the tough games, and lose the easy ones. lots of draws as well.

Am now in mid july and have signed the players i mentioned earlier. (Aythami, Eagles, Mendy, Filipe, Jiayi, De Sanctis, Etc).Chairman particularly liked the chinese guy cos of the shirt sales in china! Have also signed Kruswijk (sp?) on a free, But sold Fred for £33.5m and Toulalan for £23m, both thanks to my chairman. Belhadj is transfer listed by request, and looking to sell anderson. Had a weeks holiday in the game at the end of the season, and missed out on a bid of 22.5m plus VDV for Kallstrom, as i said to reject all bids whilst i was away. Gutted.

did you win anything at all?? League cup, french cup anything?? you have to otherwise you would have been fired i think

did you win anything at all?? League cup, french cup anything?? you have to otherwise you would have been fired i think

quick update :

won the league with five games to go

won league cup as previous mentioned

won QF against sevilla, semi-final was against chelsea (again) but i won on awaygoals (thank you benzema), so i'm playing the final against liverpool (if i can neutralize torres i think i should be fine)

french cup semi-final against marseille

financially still in bad papers so hoping of winning everything just for the money icon_wink.gif

I won the Champions Trophy right at the start of the season. I think the only thing that kept me in a job was a final appearance in the french cup (got beaten though), the finances look good and some good wins against big rivals, ie. 5-0 against Auxerre, 3-0 against Marseille who finished champions. Can't think of anything else, i would have sacked me!!

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

starting as Lyon for the first time on FM08

any ideas who to sell?

looking to sign Martins or Cavani to partner the beast that is Benzema

welcome mate

sell santos (forgot his name though) that brazilian dm, he is no good and takes up a non-eu spot, you could buy banega instead (i did great player), i also sold muller

see that you sign saivet from bordeaux, you know him becomes a one of the best

have a great game icon14.gif

finished my first season

after winning the championstrophy, the league and the leaguecup i still was hungry for more icon_biggrin.gif

played the final of championsleague against liverpool, my aim was to neutralise torres but i failed, he scored one and that was it, they won 1-0 and they fully deserved their victory and i was happy with reaching the final and beating everyone along the way

after beating marseille in semi-final of frenchcup, i was up against rennes (my black beast of this season) but i finally won against them thx to huntelaar who scored 2 icon14.gif

my financial situation was resolved with all the money that has come in due to winning the league and reaching the final of champions league

anyway i wanted to sell some players and my first one has gone : govou for 12 mil euro + 10 % to blackburn, he was clearly overpaid and there are better options imo (obertan, gouffran, gourcuff all french and all great)

also anderson is on his way out, he had a good season but i want felipe (udinese) or araujo (chivas) to replace him or maybe zubar (marseille) or mensah (rennes)

next one that could be out is juninho (don't shoot me) his stats are dropping to fast imo and his physical stats were bad to begin with (he was way better on fm07)

also baros could be on his way out if i find a good replacement that wouldn't mind sitting on the bench a lot

would love to have jimmy briand from rennes but he would be to good to sit on the bench and to expensive and he was second best scorer in europe after dembele from az alkmaar

Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

Starting my 08 Lyon game now too, struggling to get into FM08 so far but Im sure Les Gones will cure me.

Actually gonna make it work with utd first, god damn fm! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you fool icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Sprewell:

has anyone else signed D. Alves in the first transfer window?

Toulalan was sold for 45mill Euros, so I got Alves, Colocinni, Palacio, and Angelo Palombo.

before that I'd got the free Russian captain, Mika Aaarilto, and Pandev.

great signings mate

who did you sell except toulalon?

what season are you in and pls post it in here!!

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprewell:

has anyone else signed D. Alves in the first transfer window?

Toulalan was sold for 45mill Euros, so I got Alves, Colocinni, Palacio, and Angelo Palombo.

before that I'd got the free Russian captain, Mika Aaarilto, and Pandev.

great signings mate

who did you sell except toulalon?

what season are you in and pls post it in here!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot to mention I also got Van Der Vaart and Kuzmanovic.

on the bad side Ben Afra is unhappy, as is Aaritalo and Pandev. but some winning should hopefully sort them out.

here's the http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/Sprewell15/Lyon.jpg?t=1194862455 transfer history.

again great signings mate but isn't your bank balance deep really deep in red mate??

and hasn't the board said to take immediate action??

they did with me it all became okay in the end of the season but i'm wondering how much they give me for my second season

are you still in first season

Just started my 2nd season as Lyon, had a great first season winning the league on G/D....

First time I have played with Lyon, and just been told I have reached my transfer limit for the transfer window...

Help icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Just about to start my FM08 game with Lyon, looking to sign Ignasavic (sp), Samba and Micheal Johnson (My fave FM player icon_cool.gif even though hes a city player icon_frown.gif )

What about a striker

Signed all of them + Huntelaar, Kameni, Aaritalo and offered Saivet a contract </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that game died of death so i.m going to start again, looking to sign the same players except huntelaar, who should i buy instead

WooHoo, more people on the thread. Well, hope you guys all have a better first season than me. One recommendation would be Zarate. You can pick him up for £4m. Good player, and top scorer for me in first season. Also, I was all up for selling Baros when i started (not my favourite player), but he actually scored a few goals and had a decent season.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Just about to start my FM08 game with Lyon, looking to sign Ignasavic (sp), Samba and Micheal Johnson (My fave FM player icon_cool.gif even though hes a city player icon_frown.gif )

What about a striker

Signed all of them + Huntelaar, Kameni, Aaritalo and offered Saivet a contract </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that game died of death so i.m going to start again, looking to sign the same players except huntelaar, who should i buy instead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could buy amauri instead of huntelaar or cavani (young but already looking great), pandev is an option but chelsea usually run away with him, martins maybe

Originally posted by voddie:

Just started my 2nd season as Lyon, had a great first season winning the league on G/D....

First time I have played with Lyon, and just been told I have reached my transfer limit for the transfer window...

Help icon_confused.gif

don't understand did you spend all your transferbudget mate or what?? icon_confused.gif

It was really random, it said your transfer has been cancelled as Lyon have reached the maximum number of transfers in the current transfer window.... I made another bid for the player and it was accepted, and went through fine, I've since bought 3 more players....

BTW I got Martins and he scores for fun, missed him in Jan though

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by voddie:

Help icon_confused.gif

don't understand did you spend all your transferbudget mate or what?? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after selling govou for a combined 12 mil euro + 10 or 20 % sell-on

and on the verge of finalizing the deals for coupet and anderson

my beautiful chairman excepted a bid of 30 mil euro + 20 % sell-on for belluschi my brilliant amr from fiorentina

no problem you would say but oh no i was on a 40 % revenue from transfers so didn't get all the money from those transfers mentioned

second problem who would i but to replace him, i am in desperate need of a great (champions league level) amr

i'm thinking of gourcuff from milan (needs to be european)

Archived