Consortium and transfer embargo

Playing as Newport IW on FM2010. Had to edit them into the Blue Square South so I could play them. Been in charge for 7 years now, this is the 8th season, in that time I have gotten in to the Championship. Am currently playing the first season in the Championship and am 19th after 19 games. The board expectations are for me to attempt to avoid relegation this season.

Last season I was promoted from League 1, and throughout the year there were constant take over talks between the Chairman and another member of the board. It kept saying it was on the verge of happening, then it had fallen through. Finally at the end of the season it said that they couldn't agree and the deal was off. After this, the chairman's status was 'looking to leave' and a few games ago I heard rumours of a consortium looking to buy the club which included a ex footballer.

Just now, I read in my inbox that 'Newport IW will look to appoint Jonathan Woodgate as manager if the consortium's bid to take control by businessman David Preece prooves successful'

After this I was told a transfer embargo had been slapped on us until the takeover had been completed.

Couple of questions. Firstly, I was pretty shocked that the consortium were looking to appoint Woodgate (He's been my Assistant Manager for about 18 months) as the new manager. 4 promotions in 7 years from BSS to CCC including 2 league wins and 1 JPT cup trophy is pretty good I think. I know 19th isn't great but my objective is only to attempt to avoid relegation and I'm above the relegation zone approaching the half way point in the season, the board seem pleased I'm acchieving more than they expected. So first question: I've never had this crop up in my games before, so can anyone tell me, when this happens, does the consortium usually go through and take over the club and when they do, are they likely to sack me and appoint Jonathan Woodgate?

Secondly, how long do these things normally take. Will I be without the option of buying and selling players for a long time, or once this happens, is the process usually pretty quick?

Appointing a new manager can vary. They may say they will but don't in the end after talking to you. However, they may. If they want their own man in charge they will sack you. It's just luck really.

Takeovers can vary too. They could take three months or they could take two years. Whilst there is a takeover in the process, you can't sign players. I've seen other threads in the GD where they've had to wait a while.

Well done so far as well :thup:.

One further question. I have 4 players already agreed to join us and they are set to go through On January 1st. Now there is an embargo in place, will they be cancelled or will they go through as normal seeing as the deals have already been confirmed?

One further question. I have 4 players already agreed to join us and they are set to go through On January 1st. Now there is an embargo in place, will they be cancelled or will they go through as normal seeing as the deals have already been confirmed?

I think they should go through. I'm not too sure though. Sorry.

They always say that but I've never been sacked. Everytime they take over they say they are willing to give me a chance to impress them and then its back to how it was with the other board.

Yeah, I would imagine it's the first Island side, can't think of anyone else. I sacked Woodgate anyway and he got a job as manager of Nottingham Forest. Now seems to be going back to the old 'takeover is close', 'takeover is on the rocks' routine again.

Transfer Embargo's are in place when a consortium etc are going to take over because of the funding. When the takeover process begins and the potential new owners look at the books they see, just for sake of argument, that you're spending 27.5k a week out of 30k a week for a budget. This stays like that, until the process is complete. If you already have transfers in place, then these are on the books and all the funds for this are already counted for.

In short, no, it won't affect those transfers.

Archived