The Purity Of English Football Challenge

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kroblues, Shrewsbury Town, 11/12 Update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">07/08-League 2-2nd (Promoted)

08/09-League 1-6th (Playoff loss)

09/10-League 1-1st (Promoted)

10/11-Championship-6th (Playoff loss)

11/12-Championship-3rd (Playoffs)* </pre>

So, I just about failed to gain auto promotion, finshing 3rd on goal difference to Plymouth. So I went into the playoffs, knowing 3 wins would see me in the Premiership.

I lost the first leg 1-0, away at Southampton, but won the second 5-2, meaning I would play QPR at Wembley for a place in the top league.

The first half finished 0-0, although I had had the better of it, but Pickens, the QPR keeper made 3 or 4 brilliant saves to keep them in it.

However, Murphy opened the scoring after 57 minutes, after being put through by Kakuta, his strike partner (Lapira was injured). Jerome then equalised with a header from a corner. It stayed that way until the full time whistle, so we went into extra time.

Brunt scored a volley on 105 minutes, set up by Jerome. Luckily, in the 113th minute, Victor Moses, signed from Barnsely in January, grabbed his 13th goal for the club and equalised, from a Basham corner.

This meant the match went to penalties.

I'll let this say the rest

Yes! We were promoted, and I'd won a playoff match to boot.

Lapira was the top scorer by far, finishing second in the league, behind only Carlton Cole of Plymouth, I also decided to transfer list most of my back-up players from the Championship, as if they weren't good enough then, they certainly wouldn't be in the Premiership. This left me with a core of 11 players, that with a few additions should be able to stay up.

Squad

As I said, the table finished with me third, joining Reading and Plymouth, two sides relegated last year, in the Premiership.

My tranfers were mostly out, with a few notable purchases in (Moses 1.8mil, Murphy 2.7mil), Arfield was sold for 4.2 million, my record sale.

Kroblues, Shrewsbury Town 12/13 Update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">07/08 League 2 2nd (Promoted)

08/09 League 1 6th (Playoffs)

09/10 League 1 1st (Promoted)

10/11 Champ'shp 6th (Playoffs)

11/12 Champ'shp 3rd (Playoff W)

12/13 Prem'ship 9th </pre>

Cups

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> League Cup 2nd Rd (2-3 Doncaster)

Fa Cup 6th Rd Replay (2-3 AET Man U)

</pre>

Annoyingly, if is had beaten Man U in the cup, I would have faced Wolves from the Championship in the semis, giving me a great chance at the Final.

The League campaign went well, as I was up with the top 6/7 until late on, when I began a bad run which dropped me to 9th.

Moses finished top scorer, with 14, and he also had the most assists (10). Luke Moore was the top scorer for the first half, scoring 12, but he was sold in January for 4.4 million.

No screenshots as I accidentally continued into the next season, so the table was erased, as was the squad records.

Kroblues, Shrewsbury Town 13/14 update

12/13 Prem'ship 9th

13/14 Prem'ship 5th (Current)</pre>

Cups:

League Cup 3rd Rd (1-2 Everton)

Fa Cup 3rd Rd (V Burnley)

So, the league campaign is going quite well, as I am in the UEFA Cup spots, only 1 point from the Champions League at the half way point. I have spent big on trying to improve the defence, and it seems to be working, but not as much as I had hoped.

As I said, my transers were mostly big money moves for defenders, spending 17.75 million on Justin Hoyte, and 21 million on Jonny Evans. Less illustrious were the signings of Christophe Berra from Rangers on a free, and Wayne Hennessey from Sunderland for 3.2 million, who became the number one ahead of Ruddy.

I also bought in some players to supplement my attack, namely Landon Donovan, who has an English passport due to his years at Man City, and Tuncay, who also has English Citizenship. My other two attacking purchases, Andy Carroll from Newcastle for 2 million, and Jack Wilshere from Birmingham for 3.4 million were a lot cheaper than some of my others, but they have performed well.

Andy Carroll is my leading scorer so far, with 11, and Donovan has set up 8 goals.Moses is close to them both however, with 9 goals and 5 assists.

Imageshack still isn't working for me, so once it is, I'll do a big screenshot post, of this season's and the rest until it works.

Originally posted by kroblues:

12/13 Prem'ship 9th

Cups:

So, the league campaign is going quite well, as I am in the UEFA Cup spots, only 1 point from the Champions League at the half way point. I have spent big on trying to improve the defence, and it seems to be working, but not as much as I had hoped.

As I said, my transers were mostly big money moves for defenders, spending 17.75 million on Justin Hoyte, and 21 million on Jonny Evans. Less illustrious were the signings of Christophe Berra from Rangers on a free, and Wayne Hennessey from Sunderland for 3.2 million, who became the number one ahead of Ruddy.

I also bought in some players to supplement my attack, namely Landon Donovan, who has an English passport due to his years at Man City, and Tuncay, who also has English Citizenship. My other two attacking purchases, Andy Carroll from Newcastle for 2 million, and Jack Wilshere from Birmingham for 3.4 million were a lot cheaper than some of my others, but they have performed well.

Andy Carroll is my leading scorer so far, with 11, and Donovan has set up 8 goals.Moses is close to them both however, with 9 goals and 5 assists.

Imageshack still isn't working for me, so once it is, I'll do a big screenshot post, of this season's and the rest until it works.

Wow! You're doing really good, are Evans and Hoyte really that good? I've never really noticed them tbh!

Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kroblues:

12/13 Prem'ship 9th

Cups:

Wow! You're doing really good, are Evans and Hoyte really that good? I've never really noticed them tbh! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're probably the best I could get at the time. Arsenal are running away with the league (already have 50 points), but I've just beaten them 3-2 \o/ I was 2-0 down at half time, then Carroll scored twice and Tuncay got the winner in the 94 minute. It's got me up to 4th too, as Liverpool drew with Derby, and I've closed the gap on Middlesborough to one point, because they lost 1-0 to Spurs.

I'm confused by this challenge... when did the Republic of Ireland become part of Britain again?

Ireland became the Free State in 1922...

Here is help with you definitions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles_%28terminology%29

British is the correct adjective pertaining to the United Kingdom; for example, a citizen of the UK is both officially and colloquially described as a British citizen.

The constituent countries of the United Kingdom often compete separately in international competition as nations (and are often described as "the home nations"). For example in association football, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England play as nations and are officially referred to as nations.

Adam Daly - Arsenal 2007/2008 Review

first year was a bit of a mess, a whole new squad brought in for millions took time to gel.

as such we struggled and only finished 5th in the league and had no success in the cup

League - 5th place

Champions League - Qtr-final lost 2-1 to Real Madrid

FA Cup - Qtr-final lost 1-0 Portsmouth

Carling cup - 3rd round lost 3-1 Everton

Top Scorer - Michael Owen 28 goals

Av Rating - Robin Van Persie 7.57

Adam Daly - Arsenal 2008/2009

my second season saw 83 million spent on the following -

James Vaughan - 13m

Stephen Ireland 9.25m

Micah Richards - 35m

Gareth Barry - 18m

Ashley Young 7.75m

we had a much better season and managed to win a trophy

League - 4th place

UEFA Cup - Winners 4-0 Aston Villa

FA Cup - Runners up penalties Newcastle

Carling Cup - 3rd 3-1 Man Utd

Top Scorer - Van persie 28 goals

Av Rating - 7.57 Van Persie

Adam Daly - Arsenal - 2009/2010

my 3rd season started without any real transfers only David Marshall in for £2.5m and Joe Ledley leaving for West Ham for £4m.

the actual season went very well and come April it was us vs united in 4 games over 2 weeks in the champions league qtrs, fa cup semi and the potential league decider, i managed to score a late goal in the champs league away leg with James Vauhan netting a screamer, the home leg ended the same score taking us to extra time but a late Rooney goal put us out on away goals.

the fa cup also went to extra time and we lost again 2-1 when Hoyte gave away a penalty. the league howver was crazy revenge when we spacked them 6-0 and end up winning the title on gol difference.

im going to give this game a rest for w hile and go back to dafuge, if see more than me and Kron playing i will come back for the champs league

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I havnt played this very much as I went back to my Utd game, but just loaded it up and Im doing quite well - 6th with West Ham in the first season, and I have only english players except Bellamy. Ill update things when the season is over probably on monday.

Archived