thezogsageordie

The Purity Of English Football Challenge

262 posts in this topic

The only plus is that if I do get within touching distance of Champs League (8 points) I am a shoe in for the League itself!(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only plus is that if I do get within touching distance of Champs League (8 points) I am a shoe in for the League itself! (10 pts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In my game Liverpool were nowhere for the first two seasons which allowed me to get the 4th spot each year. However, I'm in November of the third season and the top four are already flying, none of them have even bought anyone good over the summer. In fact, Man Utd don't even have a kepper, they have been using Heaton I think who is pretty appalling, and yet they are still running away with the league.

The chasing pack of myself, Newcastle and Pompey are miles away and this season looks to be a write off. Which then means next season will also be a write off because I won't be in the Champions League [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Also, general question. What leagues and additional players has anyone loaded? I only did EPL plus all English players loaded. I now regret not putting ALL the other British additional players as the number of regens is limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
In my game Liverpool were nowhere for the first two seasons which allowed me to get the 4th spot each year. However, I'm in November of the third season and the top four are already flying, none of them have even bought anyone good over the summer. In fact, Man Utd don't even have a kepper, they have been using Heaton I think who is pretty appalling, and yet they are still running away with the league.

The chasing pack of myself, Newcastle and Pompey are miles away and this season looks to be a write off. Which then means next season will also be a write off because I won't be in the Champions League [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Also, general question. What leagues and additional players has anyone loaded? I only did EPL plus all English players loaded. I now regret not putting ALL the other British additional players as the number of regens is limited. [/quote]

Aye, I'm running just the English I think, medium d/b and not loading additional British players - I didn't even think about tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm running all the Uk and Ireland leagues with medium database,
just realized I haven't loaded the blue square leagues, not that it would make much difference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by thezogsageordie:
Following on about what I was saying earlier about the gulf between the big four and the rest of the league:

Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea & Man Utd between them have dropped 46 points after playing 41.

Spurs have dropped 17
Villa - 22
Newcastle - 20
Pompey - 23

See what I mean now? The Big 4 are averaging dropping 10 points every 15 games, the chasing pack are averaging 20! [/quote]

[B]After 20 games:[/B]

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Man Utd - 12
<LI> Chelsea - 15
<LI> Arsenal - 16
<LI> Li'pool - 23 [/list]

Was: 10 Now: 17

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Spurs.. - 24
<LI> Toon... - 25
<LI> A Villa - 30
<LI> ManCity - 27 [/list]

Was: 20 Now: 26.5

Good stuff [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[url="http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newcastlevwesthamreportbk2.png"]West Ham FA Cup 4th Round Replay[/url]

[img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
January of Season 3 and the big clubs are circling for my players. Already bids from the likes of ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs and Real Madrid have been rejected for players such as Giles Barnes, Joe Mattock, Ryan Taylor and Craig Gordon.

Everytime a bid comes in I move it up to £50million and see if any club is stupid enough to accept it! However, even with all the money in the world the British talent is wearing thin so I'm not even sure I could sell them at ridiculous prices because there are very few replacements hanging about.

Good news though, Joe Hart is way down the pecking order at Man City and his contract runs out in the summer having just rejected a new one. Any ideas when I can sign him on a pre-contract agreement? In previous games you could 'Approach To Sign' from December 31st onwards, how come it is different here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
January of Season 3 and the big clubs are circling for my players. Already bids from the likes of ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs and Real Madrid have been rejected for players such as Giles Barnes, Joe Mattock, Ryan Taylor and Craig Gordon.

Everytime a bid comes in I move it up to £50million and see if any club is stupid enough to accept it! However, even with all the money in the world the British talent is wearing thin so I'm not even sure I could sell them at ridiculous prices because there are very few replacements hanging about.

Good news though, Joe Hart is way down the pecking order at Man City and his contract runs out in the summer having just rejected a new one. Any ideas when I can sign him on a pre-contract agreement? In previous games you could 'Approach To Sign' from December 31st onwards, how come it is different here? [/quote]

I've noticed that, it's weird, I just have to wait until their contract expires.

Yeah, everyone wants Bale, SWP and one other player at the moment!

I got Joe Hart, he hasn't done well so far but I heard that Goalkeepers come into their own about 30ish, if so WOW!! [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Definitely one for the future.

I'm just about to start Season 3, am at work atm but will post an update hopefully tonight before I see Frankie Boyle [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey, just started doing this off my own back and then found this, lol. I have already played a few weeks, but that shouldnt make any difference. Im West Ham, and am trying to do it all English with 1 Brit in the squad (Bellamy [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Stuggling to get shot of Boa Morte, but have sold Solano and Neill, and have offers for Spector, Pantsil, Ljungberg, Collins and McCartney. Might run out of cash before I sort the defense though [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[url="http://URL=http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whsquad1rp5.jpg"]Squad[/url]

Got Onuoho coming in soon, and then Downing. If I have any more money Ill go for Michael Johnson, Ryan Taylor, Joe Mattock, Devid Wheater, Joleon Lescott or Steven Taylor

Ill post my transfers when the window closes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
Any ideas when I can sign him on a pre-contract agreement? In previous games you could 'Approach To Sign' from December 31st onwards, how come it is different here? [/quote]

I believe its different for English or British players under 23. I dont know why it would be, but you can never approach them for some reason [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Stomalomalus:
Hey, just started doing this off my own back and then found this, lol. I have already played a few weeks, but that shouldnt make any difference. Im West Ham, and am trying to do it all English with 1 Brit in the squad (Bellamy [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Stuggling to get shot of Boa Morte, but have sold Solano and Neill, and have offers for Spector, Pantsil, Ljungberg, Collins and McCartney. Might run out of cash before I sort the defense though [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[url="http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whsquad1rp5.jpg"]Squad[/url]

Got Onuoho coming in soon, and then Downing. If I have any more money Ill go for Michael Johnson, Ryan Taylor, Joe Mattock, Devid Wheater, Joleon Lescott or Steven Taylor

Ill post my transfers when the window closes [/quote]

Sorry, the link should work now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its been a disastrous start to the season, currently in the bottom half of the league and out of the league cup to Derby!!, after having to beat Doncastor on penalties, I have finally got somethin to be happy about, A 2-0 home win against Man Utd.

The [URL=[url="http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=after15gamessy1.png"][IMG]http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8619/after15gamessy1.th.png[/IMG][/url]]League[/URL] After 15 games.

And how come no one wants Ricardo Rocha I can't even give him away!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B]Newcastle End Of Season Update - Season 2[/B]

[url="http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionlmj7.png"]Table[/url]

[url="http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionpzz9.png"]Graph[/url]

[url="http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eurocupfixturesresults4oi5.png"]Uefa Cup[/url]

[url="http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newcastleunitednewcastlpw4.png"]Squad[/url]

[url="http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newcastleunitedtransferfq0.png"]Transfers[/url]

I've got to go out so will make this short and sweet!:

Disappointed I didn't get Champs League after managing to grab 4th place then lose it all! Next season if I don't get 4th then I will go mental! I brought in some quality strikers and other players to bring quality and strength in depth to my side, I think I'm capable of winning two trophies this year, Uefa Cup and League Cup (2 Semi's in 2 years - I sound like an old man [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by SuperCupra:
Its been a disastrous start to the season, currently in the bottom half of the league and out of the league cup to Derby!!, after having to beat Doncastor on penalties, I have finally got somethin to be happy about, A 2-0 home win against Man Utd.

The [URL=[url="http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=after15gamessy1.png"][IMG]http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8619/after15gamessy1.th.png[/IMG][/url]]League[/URL] After 15 games.

And how come no one wants Ricardo Rocha I can't even give him away!! [/quote]

Well done mate, fiddle around with tactics, I found that going for an early goal works wonders and then try to sit back [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif[/img]

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
URRRM!! Just got the sack!! so I'm gonna be a different club and I'm gonna start on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's harsh mate, hope you start again though!

Looking at Stomalomalus's squad above he has an awesome line-up so maybe West Ham would be a good starting place.

Stomalomalus, it's far too hard to sell players on this game, even giving away my best players was far too difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
That's harsh mate, hope you start again though!

Looking at Stomalomalus's squad above he has an awesome line-up so maybe West Ham would be a good starting place.

Stomalomalus, it's far too hard to sell players on this game, even giving away my best players was far too difficult. [/quote]

It seems like my squad is good, but its actually terrible! Ive kicked off with a 3-0 loss at the Emirates and a 0-0 home draaw with Bolton. I Dont think my tactics are working, think I might change to 4-4-2. My squad is unlikely to change anymore at least until January. Im not happy about defensive covor though:

[url="http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whsquad2to6.jpg"]squad[/url]

[url="http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whtransfersbz1.jpg"]transfers[/url]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OK, so here is my entire team inc. reserves and u18s:

[url="http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheng1cy3.jpg"]squad[/url]

[url="http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheng2ih0.jpg"]squad2[/url]

Im quite pleased with the englishness now the window has closed. I still have Faubert and Quashie as they were both injured. I should be able to get rid of them in January. Hopefully Boa Morte will have a good season on loan so I can sell him next summer.

Results have not been so good though: only 1 league win at Sunderland so far. But only 1 loss at Arsenal. Lets see how this pans out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
European qualification [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] And Im 12th in the league! Just cant win games! No idea why. If I dont get a win in my next home game against Eveton, I think Ill have another fiddle with my tactics. The wingers should be good enough. I need a big CB though, for corners. As long as I dont get sacked, I can bring in a very good squad in the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've gone for a long term challenge, so I decided on League 2 side [B]Shrewsbury[/B]

My Profile: [url="http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3871/shrewsburysb3.jpg"]Link[/url]

And the squad: [url="http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/636/squad0708xc2.jpg"]Here[/url]

Meredith has English as second nationality, so he won't be sold, and as Shrewsbury is close to Wales, Welsh people will also be signed (is that ok?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B]Kroblues, Shrewsbury Town 07/08[/B]

Played 3 friendlies so far;

5-3 loss against Bremen at the New Meadow, which is respectable at least

5-1 win against AFC Telford away, new signing Marcus Stewart scored

and a 1-0 win at home to Cheltenham, Dave Hibbert scored the winner just before half time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by kroblues:
I've gone for a long term challenge, so I decided on League 2 side [B]Shrewsbury[/B]

My Profile: [url="http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3871/shrewsburysb3.jpg"]Link[/url]

And the squad: [url="http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/636/squad0708xc2.jpg"]Here[/url]

Meredith has English as second nationality, so he won't be sold, and as Shrewsbury is close to Wales, Welsh people will also be signed (is that ok?) [/quote]

Great stuff! Yeah you can have all the "Home Nations" (including both the Irelands as one of them isn't always included in the UK [B]you can use their players![/B])

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will be an interesting read kroblues - Good luck! Hope you do well .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noooooo! Warnock, Hoyte and Upson all got Yellow cards and reached the 5card limit, meaning theyll all miss the next game!!! And Danny Simpson is injured so I dont have anyone who can play LB to an acceptable limit!

On a better note, my switch to 4-4-2 seems to have paid off recently, and 3wins in a row has lifted us to 7th in the table. The board are unhappy with me still though [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B]End of transfer window- Shrewsbury Town 07/08 [/B]

[url="http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1246/0708augtransfersdl0.jpg"]My Transfers[/url]

As you can see, most of my transfers were loans, as most players that could improve my squad and were interested were too expensive to buy with my 50k transfer budget.

Unluckily Ebanks-Blake tore his calf muscle in his debut, so I sent him back and replaced him with Coulson, who scored twice on his debut in our only win so far, 4-2 against Brentford.

Troisi has English as a second nationality

[url="http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9380/squadaug0708yw4.jpg"]My squad[/url] at the end of the transfer window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B]Aston Villa Season Three Review[/B]

So this season went pretty well. I was fighting Chelski for top spot until a poor end of season saw us slip out of the top 4, but we managed to secure Champions League football again in the final few games.

The Champions League again saw us as fourth seeds but we went undefeated in the group stage (only drawing in Shakhtar due to reserves playing). Over the games we scored 7 against Bremen, 9 against Lazio and a measly 3 against Shakhtar. Beat Bordeaux in the first knockout round but got spanked in the Mestalla in the quarters which sealed our fate.

Again we had a nice FA Cup run reaching the final. 4-1 down against Arsenal at half-time before we surged back to 4-3. In the 93rd minute using a 2-1-2-5 formation we hit the post and had a goal disallowed within seconds which was annoying [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Some dubious signings at the end of the August transfer window as you'll see. Mark Noble was a rock though and with Barry out for much of the campaign ended up being a great signing. Cahill and Smith performed well from their back-up roles.

Bad news is that Lescott just handed in a transfer request so I'll keep ignoring him and hopefully he'll just give up and be quiet [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[url="http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2854/transfersbj3.jpg"]Transfers[/url]

[url="http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9214/whoplayedvt2.jpg"]Who played[/url] and [url="http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8246/theirnationalitiesjl7.jpg"]their natioanlities[/url]

[B]Season Stats[/B]

Premier League - 4th place
Champions League - Quarter final
FA Cup - Runners up
League Cup - 4th Round

Top Goalscorer - Gabriel Agbonlahor (28 goals)
Most assists - Ashley Young / Shaun Maloney / Ryan Taylor (21 assists each)
MoM - Gabriel Agbonlahor (8)
Yellow cards - Ryan Taylor (16)
Red cards - Nigel Reo-Coker (1)
Highest Average Rating - Ashley Young (7.49)

[B]Next season[/B]

I was surprised with the success in the Champions League this season so hopefully next year we will be higher up the seedings and will get an even easier group, but again once we draw a decent team we'll be out.

The Lescott saga will drag on I feel and maybe it may be Micah Richards time having decided against him last season.

Anyways I've waffled on because I need to go to bed but can't be bothered so sorry for going on [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just realised that the nationalities screen print is the wrong screenshot so for anyone who cares her are the nationalities... [url="http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/860/theirnationalitieskk1.png"]Click Here[/url]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
[B]Aston Villa Season Three Review[/B]

So this season went pretty well. I was fighting Chelski for top spot until a poor end of season saw us slip out of the top 4, but we managed to secure Champions League football again in the final few games.

The Champions League again saw us as fourth seeds but we went undefeated in the group stage (only drawing in Shakhtar due to reserves playing). Over the games we scored 7 against Bremen, 9 against Lazio and a measly 3 against Shakhtar. Beat Bordeaux in the first knockout round but got spanked in the Mestalla in the quarters which sealed our fate.

Again we had a nice FA Cup run reaching the final. 4-1 down against Arsenal at half-time before we surged back to 4-3. In the 93rd minute using a 2-1-2-5 formation we hit the post and had a goal disallowed within seconds which was annoying [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Some dubious signings at the end of the August transfer window as you'll see. Mark Noble was a rock though and with Barry out for much of the campaign ended up being a great signing. Cahill and Smith performed well from their back-up roles.

Bad news is that Lescott just handed in a transfer request so I'll keep ignoring him and hopefully he'll just give up and be quiet [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[url="http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2854/transfersbj3.jpg"]Transfers[/url]

[url="http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9214/whoplayedvt2.jpg"]Who played[/url] and [url="http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8246/theirnationalitiesjl7.jpg"]their natioanlities[/url]

[B]Season Stats[/B]

Premier League - 4th place
Champions League - Quarter final
FA Cup - Runners up
League Cup - 4th Round

Top Goalscorer - Gabriel Agbonlahor (28 goals)
Most assists - Ashley Young / Shaun Maloney / Ryan Taylor (21 assists each)
MoM - Gabriel Agbonlahor (8)
Yellow cards - Ryan Taylor (16)
Red cards - Nigel Reo-Coker (1)
Highest Average Rating - Ashley Young (7.49)

[B]Next season[/B]

I was surprised with the success in the Champions League this season so hopefully next year we will be higher up the seedings and will get an even easier group, but again once we draw a decent team we'll be out.

The Lescott saga will drag on I feel and maybe it may be Micah Richards time having decided against him last season.

Anyways I've waffled on because I need to go to bed but can't be bothered so sorry for going on [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [/quote]

Nice one! How are Arsenal doing? They won their first 9 games in Season 3 on mine! After 13 games I'm 5 from top and 3 from 5th, sitting in 2nd, things are looking up! I'm hoping to get a good run in Champs League next year, something similiar to yours [img]http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif[/img]

Good luck with next season and why did you buy Alan Smith? [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan Smith because he is so versatile, wage demands weren't too high either so I thought I'd blow £10million on someone who could cover pretty much every position from DM to CF. He hasn't scored many but that's because he was mainly used as a DM or a late, late sub for my strikers.

Arsenal have so much money it's crazy, they just buy players for the sake of it I think. They finished 3rd this season behind Man Utd and Chelsea who were champions with 3 games remaining.

Liverpool are the strugglers of the Top 4 due my 4th placed finishes, but they pulled together at the end of the season and got a UEFA Cup spot.

You'll be pleased to know Newcastle looked to cause a major upset by finishing in the Top 4, but alas the big clubs (including myself [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]) powered through at the end of the season to see them drop to fifth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
Alan Smith because he is so versatile, wage demands weren't too high either so I thought I'd blow £10million on someone who could cover pretty much every position from DM to CF. He hasn't scored many but that's because he was mainly used as a DM or a late, late sub for my strikers.

Arsenal have so much money it's crazy, they just buy players for the sake of it I think. They finished 3rd this season behind Man Utd and Chelsea who were champions with 3 games remaining.

Liverpool are the strugglers of the Top 4 due my 4th placed finishes, but they pulled together at the end of the season and got a UEFA Cup spot.

You'll be pleased to know Newcastle looked to cause a major upset by finishing in the Top 4, but alas the big clubs (including myself [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]) powered through at the end of the season to see them drop to fifth. [/quote]

Smith - fair enough, I like him he's got the work ethic he's just not good enough I think!

I haven't seen who they've bought but they are a force on mine aswell!

They are always going to be haven't got a good enough squad.

[img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] GET IN! Last year I practically made the EPL big 5, hopefully I can do it again, this challenge is harder then you think, P.S. You got a PS3? If so, played GRID?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B]Kroblues, Shrewbury, 07/08 Halfway[/B]

As I come to the end of 2007, my Shrewsbury team are currently sitting in 3rd place in the [url="http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/155/0708halftablevi6.jpg"]league[/url]
as I went 19 games unbeaten in all competitions, from a 2-1 loss to Wycombe in mid-September to a 1-0 loss to Wrexham on Boxing Day. This propelled me up the table after a start which left me in a relegation fight after 5 games.

I currently have 3 more transfers lined up for January, costing a total of 26k for a defender, an attacking midfielder and a striker. The defender is likely to go straight into first team contention, possibly replacing Asa Hall as first choice CB alongside Langmead, while the other two are brought in to provide backup to Pugh and Constable respectively.

[url="http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5162/0708halfsquadgf4.jpg"]My Squad[/url]

As can be seen, Constable is easily the highest scorer in my team, with no-one else even in double figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zogs - Don't have a PS3!

Kroblues - I see what you mean about Constable. What are your season expectations as 3rd place is a good effort so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
Zogs - Don't have a PS3!

Kroblues - I see what you mean about Constable. What are your season expectations as 3rd place is a good effort so far [/quote]

Top half

I've just played two games, one against Bradford, the league leaders, and one against Tranmere in the Cup 3rd round. In the Bradford match, I was leading until the 95th minute, when they scored an equaliser (and Langmead got injured [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]. In the Tranmere game, I've managed to take the League 1 side to a replay after a 0-0 draw, but its away at Prenton Park [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just had the FA Cup 4th Rd draw, if I can beat Tranmere, who are one from bottom in League 1, then I will play...



West Ham at home, now if I can just take them to a replay..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by kroblues:
Just had the FA Cup 4th Rd draw, if I can beat Tranmere, who are one from bottom in League 1, then I will play...



West Ham at home, now if I can just take them to a replay.. [/quote]

And I lost 3-1 to Tranmere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[url="http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=managerprofilemk8.jpg"]profile[/url]

eh ill take a break from the blue square premier

oh and do players like Yobo and Cahill count (their second nationalities are English and Irish)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I's say second nationalities don't count as I think they have to be eligible to play for a British (or Irish) national team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by man_in_pants:
[url="http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=managerprofilemk8.jpg"]profile[/url]

eh ill take a break from the blue square premier

oh and do players like Yobo and Cahill count (their second nationalities are English and Irish) [/quote]

I'm not too sure, tbh I don't really want them to be but I bought Yobo and didn't realise until I went onto nationalities so I can't really say No as I want it to be fair!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by kroblues:
Just had the FA Cup 4th Rd draw, if I can beat Tranmere, who are one from bottom in League 1, then I will play...



West Ham at home, now if I can just take them to a replay.. [/quote]

If you can take them to a replay then you will be minted! Shut up shop and hit them on the CA!!

[quote]Originally posted by kroblues:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomaldinho:
Zogs - Don't have a PS3!

Kroblues - I see what you mean about Constable. What are your season expectations as 3rd place is a good effort so far [/quote]

Top half

I've just played two games, one against Bradford, the league leaders, and one against Tranmere in the Cup 3rd round. In the Bradford match, I was leading until the 95th minute, when they scored an equaliser (and Langmead got injured [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]. In the Tranmere game, I've managed to take the League 1 side to a replay after a 0-0 draw, but its away at Prenton Park [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gutted! Good luck with that one mate!

[quote]Originally posted by kroblues:
[B]Kroblues, Shrewbury, 07/08 Halfway[/B]

As I come to the end of 2007, my Shrewsbury team are currently sitting in 3rd place in the [url="http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/155/0708halftablevi6.jpg"]league[/url]
as I went 19 games unbeaten in all competitions, from a 2-1 loss to Wycombe in mid-September to a 1-0 loss to Wrexham on Boxing Day. This propelled me up the table after a start which left me in a relegation fight after 5 games.

I currently have 3 more transfers lined up for January, costing a total of 26k for a defender, an attacking midfielder and a striker. The defender is likely to go straight into first team contention, possibly replacing Asa Hall as first choice CB alongside Langmead, while the other two are brought in to provide backup to Pugh and Constable respectively.

[url="http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5162/0708halfsquadgf4.jpg"]My Squad[/url]

As can be seen, Constable is easily the highest scorer in my team, with no-one else even in double figures. [/quote]

Great stuff! KUTGW [img]http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 games left and I'm still in 3rd, I'm never gonna catch Bradford, and P'boro are 4 ahead of me, so I'll be concentrating on beating Dag & Red, who are 1 behind me.

I've also got Wigan as a parent and Stafford as a feeder. Trying to get Cotteril on loan atm, not getting too hopeful as he's worth over 8 times my next most expensive player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have decide to give Spurs another go! Because i will not be beaten.

It is the same profile as before, I will post my team at the end of the august deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by kroblues:
11 games left and I'm still in 3rd, I'm never gonna catch Bradford, and P'boro are 4 ahead of me, so I'll be concentrating on beating Dag & Red, who are 1 behind me.

I've also got Wigan as a parent and Stafford as a feeder. Trying to get Cotteril on loan atm, not getting too hopeful as he's worth over 8 times my next most expensive player [/quote]

What's your run-in like? I'm guessing it's 3 Auto Proms? Is Cotteril good enough for Champo, you think?

[quote]Originally posted by SuperCupra:
I have decide to give Spurs another go! Because i will not be beaten.

It is the same profile as before, I will post my team at the end of the august deadline. [/quote]

Great stuff - I didn't realise but this challenge is unbelievably hard! More of a challenge and prolonged career I suppose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Same I thought this was going to be 2 or 3 seasons max but it's going to be a long-haul game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote]Originally posted by thezogsageordie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kroblues:
11 games left and I'm still in 3rd, I'm never gonna catch Bradford, and P'boro are 4 ahead of me, so I'll be concentrating on beating Dag & Red, who are 1 behind me.

I've also got Wigan as a parent and Stafford as a feeder. Trying to get Cotteril on loan atm, not getting too hopeful as he's worth over 8 times my next most expensive player [/quote]

What's your run-in like? I'm guessing it's 3 Auto Proms? Is Cotteril good enough for Champo, you think?

[quote]Originally posted by SuperCupra:
I have decide to give Spurs another go! Because i will not be beaten.

It is the same profile as before, I will post my team at the end of the august deadline. [/quote]

Great stuff - I didn't realise but this challenge is unbelievably hard! More of a challenge and prolonged career I suppose! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't get Cotteril in the end, but it is 3 auto spots. I've managed to catch up to P'boro, and we keep switching between 2nd and 3rd. Bradford are still 7 ahead of me, so I might as well give up the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just loaded up the game, I'm guaranteed playoffs, and with 3 games left the table is

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Bradford 86 +36
<LI>P'boro 79 +29
<LI>SHREWS 77 +26
<LI>Bury 75 +23
[/list]

And I've got Bury away next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
\o/ I beat Bury 3-2, now 5 clear with 2 games left, only need one more win from two games, and I could clinch promotion against my rivals, Wrexham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I lost 1-0 to Wrexham, but I'm still going to be promoted as I'm 3 clear with one game left, and a +11 GD advantage of Dag & Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.