Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

Has anyone tried to put the wingers set to hug touchline? Because I was wondering player such as Hazard, Young, Nani who all have cut inside PPM and if the wide play is set to Hug Touchline then wouldn't they get more room and be more effective?

When set to hug touchline shouldn't they do a bit of both? but that would depending on decision making and other attributes of course

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have made some changes to the original tactic.

some of my man utd results

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/46/bild1ve.png

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7964/bild2ng.png

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2081/bild3sd.png

i know man utd aint the hardest team to manage so my latest team was napoli, i hade a little struggle the first season since the defence was realy realy bad atleast compared to man utd :p but managed to get second the first season, for the second season i got some better players, and now my third season im on my way for my second league victory

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7638/bild4wb.png

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2236/bild5vz.png

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2783/bild6jh.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7i7crwav8l4sx6 if someone wants to test it

i use the MCR as playmaker, A good DMC for the MC role and another good offensive player for the MCL spot.

i prefer a Right footer at the AML and a left footer for the AMR position

Hi Totti, what changes have you made?

okay i playing with barkermush tactic and i only change wide play for AML and AMR to cut inside. and i play well good possesion and a lot of chances but i cannoct score a lot.

example: i have 20 shots 4 ccc and i only score 1 goal maybe 2 if im lucky!!

any ideas how to improve this??

Hi Totti, what changes have you made?

wingers

cut inside, higher attack mentality

MCL

no back arrow, run from deep set to normal, higher attack mentality

MC

Lower attack mentality

MCr

higher creative freedom, a little lower attack mentality

striker

higher attack mentality, more creative freedom, run from deep to normal. and changed closing down a bit higher,

CB

lower attack mentality

wingbacks lower attack mentality a bit

goalie low on tacklings

wingers

cut inside, higher attack mentality

MCL

no back arrow, run from deep set to normal, higher attack mentality

MC

Lower attack mentality

MCr

higher creative freedom, a little lower attack mentality

striker

higher attack mentality, more creative freedom, run from deep to normal. and changed closing down a bit higher,

CB

lower attack mentality

wingbacks lower attack mentality a bit

goalie low on tacklings

how much lower (how many clicks) any screens or upload tactic!

i mean how many clicks you lowered or higher!

example: standard have mc normal (11 clicks) mentality then you lowered (but how many clicks you lowered)

sorry i cant be bothered to count how many ticks atm since im at work, just download it and check it your self. its maybe 1-4ticks changed from original tactic

I tried the standard version on the 1st page, it was pretty good but i have 2 issues, 1st MCL is the playmaker role right ? 10 matches so far and he has only assist once, im using hamsik as the playmaker..

As for striker im using rooney, doesn't bang in much goas as i expcted. most of my goals comes from my wingers. nani and young.

Any way to rectify the issue.

i have made some changes to the original tactic.

some of my man utd results

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/46/bild1ve.png

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7964/bild2ng.png

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2081/bild3sd.png

i know man utd aint the hardest team to manage so my latest team was napoli, i hade a little struggle the first season since the defence was realy realy bad atleast compared to man utd :p but managed to get second the first season, for the second season i got some better players, and now my third season im on my way for my second league victory

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7638/bild4wb.png

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2236/bild5vz.png

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2783/bild6jh.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7i7crwav8l4sx6 if someone wants to test it

i use the MCR as playmaker, A good DMC for the MC role and another good offensive player for the MCL spot.

i prefer a Right footer at the AML and a left footer for the AMR position

is yr playmaker making the most assist and also does yr striker score lots of goals ?

yes my striker usualy do alot of goals i had villa doing 62goal in 40games, but cant realy count barca since they are like gods,

hernandez did 45goals in 45matches in man utd

its mostly the playmaker that gets most assists, depending on who i got there. in man utd i had thiago doing about 20-30assist per season but sometimes my wingers beat that

my last season with nampoli my winger hazard did in 40games 28assist and 12goals vs hamsik that is my playmaker did 17goals but only 10assist. so its varying from season to season

Have decided to convert the tactic to at 4-2-3-1 with three amc. Moved the attacking mc to central amc, and moved the wingers in. Really hoping for succes - likes the formation :)

Seems the outside amc´s have some closing down troubles. So trying with a bit lower CD to make the stay with the FB´s. Any ideas on this formation is very wellcome - hope it becomes good!!

I started using the tweaked version oneskyride was using and in the 4 games so far its pretty good , i am using it in my newcastle save game in the first season and have 7 premier games left to play but will give it a full season for a better test and with better players i should sign over the summer i should have more players suitable for the tactic , i am glad i bought Jan Vertonghen he is a class act :D .

Well half a season gone on my new Fulham save.... The converted tactic is starten to hit it off. Beat Man U 5-1 - great!! I found that i needed a very creative mcl to geo the flow going. Working perfectly now. Having experimented with Hug Touchline on the outer AMC´s i decided to go back to Normal. Seems best :)

Will update

Just started a save using this tactic with Arsenal, whilst using Metal Guitarists update, a midfield trio of Wilshere, Song and Arteta doesn't look too bad! Only playing a couple of friendlies but will post results up and give feedback after pre-season and then 10 or so league games in.

On which position you will put Wesley Sneijder with standard tactic ? (ML, MC or MR)

and

what would be your setup with my players: Sneijder, Pjanic, Mousa Sissoko, M'Vila, Fletcher, Carrick, Gibson

?

Hi,

I am playing with the standard tactic from the original post and I am unsure how to train the wide-forwards..Should I train them as inside-forwards or wingers?

Many thx in advance

best as inside forwards , here its a part of my plan to allways retrain rightfooters to aml and leftfooters to amr ( good for cutting inside with best foot ) like this i retrained Lamela & Bale to natural amr's ;)

5 games played and it seems to be working very well especially with a tricky first few fixtures.

arsenalfirstfivefixture.png

The Swansea game was more of an issue of complacency where my team expected to walk over a very determined Swansea defence who had also started the season fantastically well. The North London derby as the first game of the season is no easy matter, and neither is going to Greece or Old Trafford after that so I'm delighted with the results so far.

Squad:

arsenalsquad.png

Wilshere as the playmaker, Song holding and Arteta in the "Iniesta role" has been very efficient as well so far, with Gervinho and Walcotts pace down the wing and van Persies all round greatness my attacking play, with Santos/Gibbs and Sagna supporting has been lovely to watch, and with a few "easier" fixtures coming up I can see some goals coming in.

League Table:

leaguetable.png

I think it's also fair to say I would be top if Man City hadn't been so good in their first few games too!

I'm not going to rush in and say "oh I'm going to win everything with this" but early signs are very promising considering the tactic isn't even fluid in everything yet so should hopefully get better. The defence doesn't seem fantastic, but I think thats more an issue with the defenders coping with a different style etc. and Mertesacker isn't the quickest and with the fullbacks supporting it can leave Vermaelen isolated but only conceding 1 against United from a set piece and against Spurs from a penalty I'm not complaining too much ;) If anymore screenies are required feel free to ask and I will post some up.

I will update again after a few more games, but thankyou for a wonderful tactic!

5 games played and it seems to be working very well especially with a tricky first few fixtures.

arsenalfirstfivefixture.png

The Swansea game was more of an issue of complacency where my team expected to walk over a very determined Swansea defence who had also started the season fantastically well. The North London derby as the first game of the season is no easy matter, and neither is going to Greece or Old Trafford after that so I'm delighted with the results so far.

Squad:

arsenalsquad.png

Wilshere as the playmaker, Song holding and Arteta in the "Iniesta role" has been very efficient as well so far, with Gervinho and Walcotts pace down the wing and van Persies all round greatness my attacking play, with Santos/Gibbs and Sagna supporting has been lovely to watch, and with a few "easier" fixtures coming up I can see some goals coming in.

League Table:

leaguetable.png

I think it's also fair to say I would be top if Man City hadn't been so good in their first few games too!

I'm not going to rush in and say "oh I'm going to win everything with this" but early signs are very promising considering the tactic isn't even fluid in everything yet so should hopefully get better. The defence doesn't seem fantastic, but I think thats more an issue with the defenders coping with a different style etc. and Mertesacker isn't the quickest and with the fullbacks supporting it can leave Vermaelen isolated but only conceding 1 against United from a set piece and against Spurs from a penalty I'm not complaining too much ;) If anymore screenies are required feel free to ask and I will post some up.

I will update again after a few more games, but thankyou for a wonderful tactic!

which tactic is that you are using,where is the link,like the shape of that tactic to have one last game on fm2011

which tactic is that you are using,where is the link,like the shape of that tactic to have one last game on fm2011

It's in the OP, the "Home" and "Away" tactics, I use home for home and away for away obviously, ocassionaly use the home tactic in games against lower league teams in the cup and sometimes use the "Attack" tactic in the OP if I'm losing to get a goal or two back.

Right so it's the middle of the season and I've had some fantastic results considering the squad I have compared to some of the other teams.

League Table:

leaguetablemidseason.png

3rd in the league, and still in with a shout to win it, only behind Chelsea on goal difference and City seem to be walking away with it but they have had an easy run and have still got to play me at the Emirates, play United, and Chelsea on the last game of the season..

Fixtures:

arsenalmidseasonfixture.png

arsenalmidseasonfixture.png

I'm not trying to make excuses, but the loss to City was a very close game and a draw would have been a fair result had Tevez not scored a 30 yard screamer, the loss to Wigan was an issue of sheer complacency and not being able to take the countless chances, Chelsea scored 3 goals from set pieces, but I was generally outplayed by Villa. I'd still say the main issue is my defence, and not the defence of this tactic itself, it's just Mertesacker is too slow.

van Persie has been in fantastic form for me:

vanpersiemidseasonform.png

Arteta has also been awesome in the "Iniesta" role getting 11 goals and 12 assists in 27 games, unfortunately he got injured and since we haven't been as fluent which shows how important it is to have someone creative in that role.

Like I said before, thankyou for a wonderful tactic and it has bought me sucess considering my squad is no where near the strength of City's or Chelsea's and I should hopefully be able to invest in a quick centerback and a new left back to bolster the defence and hopefully win the title this season and if not next.

Will post another update at the end of the season to give my final feedback.

Fantastic tactic. I started with Wolfsburg and experience could not better. Without any update for the new season and without any signing (because he lost 3 million per month), I got the double (League and Cup).

I liked the tactic. In defense very well (only 23 goals conceded by 33 of Bayern) but in attack I would have liked a little more (59 goals for Bayern 73). I imagine that with the advent of new and better players will improve in the offensive aspect.

tonight will show you pictures.

okay can we clear something up,,,,,,some ppl are saying the playmaker is on the right others the left,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am using the OP's 4-5-1 tictac magic (standard). Can someone give me a definitive answer to which midfielder is the playmaker? Cheers

okay can we clear something up,,,,,,some ppl are saying the playmaker is on the right others the left,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am using the OP's 4-5-1 tictac magic (standard). Can someone give me a definitive answer to which midfielder is the playmaker? Cheers

Just check your mentality settings, the CMl or CMr with the lower mentality is the playmaker.

edit: obviously not the middle CM with the down arrow, playmaker is either on the right or the left.

Any idea on how to stop such poor defending? I'm using bakermush's tweaked version but did use the OP standard version too. The defending is so unrealistic that it ruins tho whole thing. My players don't put a tackle in, no idea of positioning, is this just the game itself or the tactic? If a could sort out the defending this tactic would be immense!

I just got sacked, lol, first time ever! I was Wolves, 2nd season in the Prem, now with Xerez, gonna try it again. The defending was horrific, I wish I could show it! How do I tell a defender where to run and where to be? It was terrible! Lovely on the ball though, but if it breaks down, you're F****d!

Well I'm not a fan of having one striker but I've given this tactic a go with Barcelona and it's pretty much perfect. David Villa hasn't been great with only 4 goals in 8 games in all competitions but Messi's made up for that while Sanchez and Hazard are proving handy as well as I play Messi on both wings and just swap Hazard, Sanchez and Pedro around to my liking throughout the match. Here are my results so far:

Real Madrid (A) - 2-0 - Super Cup - Messi(2)

Real Madrid (H) - 2-0 - Super Cup - Sanchez, Hazard

Porto (N) - p0-0 - European Super Cup

Malaga (A) - 5-0 - Liga BBVA - Xavi, Villa, Fabregas, Messi(2)

Racing (H) - 2-0 - Liga BBVA - Messi, Puyol

SK Sturm Graz (A) - 6-0 - Champions League - Mascherano, Villa(2), Feldhofer o.g.(2), Xavi

Valencia (A) - 3-1 - Liga BBVA - Messi, Polanski o.g., Villa

Athletic (H) - 3-0 - Liga BBVA - Pique, Messi, Xavi

Archived